New to the LiveFit Trainer, week one questions

1. JustCV
    JustCV
    I just started the LiveFit trainer. Did week one, day one yesterday. I'm familiar with the nutrition plan and exercises (I've been doing it for about a year now). But I've had a few too many cheat days and want to do the trainer to get me past this plateau.

I'm trying to follow the Trainer to a T to ensure results. So a few questions:

1) Does the order of workouts matter? Do you follow them as they're written out?

2) Are we not supposed to super set during phase one? I like supper setting a couple workouts. Is there a reason not to during this phase?

3) And no cardio? Really? I've read all about no cardio during the first phase and I really am happy about it. I just can't imagine not doing it. I can't imagine resting for 3 days. Would doing one day of walking on the treadmill (at high speed, high incline) hurt my efforts?

4) If I can't make it to the gym on Day 4, should I rest that day then go to gym on Day 5. Then rest 6 and 7? Sounds like a dumb question, but I just want to follow the trainer and I know the way its written up works.

Thanks in advance!
  2. RunDanceLift
    RunDanceLift
    Hi there.

Jamie actually does mention the order of the workouts somewhere in those first few days of posts (regarding your question 4). You fit the workouts in as they work with your schedule, so you don't have to do 4 days in a row and then rest 3 in a row, you can space them out. It's just that there are four workouts the first two weeks and three rest days in total. In fact, in the post she mentions this, its actually recommended that your rest days come between your strength training days.

I do the exercises in the order she has them, but I'm not sure if there is a particular reason she has them in that order and I don't recall there being any information on that part. I'm not sure why she doesn't superset in the first phase, but I know that the first couple weeks are about preparing your body and getting it used to the workouts and nutrition plan.

Really, no cardio. Some people have put it in there regardless, but most people who are saying they had the best results followed the suggestion. The rest days can be active rest, but I don't think I would suggest high incline and high speed on the treadmill for those days. Maybe go for a leisurely hike or bike ride instead if you can't tolerate being inactive.
  3. mummyfit
    mummyfit
    Hi guys. Definately no cardio and enjoy your rest days because before long you only get one. Phase 1 is all about gaining lean muscle, nothing else. When I first started I was worried but trust the program, follow it as closely as you can and you will get results.
  4. lilpooh31
    lilpooh31
    Enjoy the no cardio! You are building a lean muscle "foundation." You are going to need it ;)
  5. fitinthegym
    fitinthegym
    1) Does the order of workouts matter? Do you follow them as they're written out?

--I think you can split your workout how you wish. However, I can be kind of anal about things, so I stick to how she writes it. Just personal preference.

2) Are we not supposed to super set during phase one? I like supper setting a couple workouts. Is there a reason not to during this phase?

--No super sets. I don't know why, but I'll say what seems to be backbone of this program, "Trust the program."
    3) And no cardio? Really? I've read all about no cardio during the first phase and I really am happy about it. I just can't imagine not doing it. I can't imagine resting for 3 days. Would doing one day of walking on the treadmill (at high speed, high incline) hurt my efforts?

--Again, with the no cardio, the intention is to make sure you are building proper muscles and speeding your metabolism at the same time. Jamie doesn't want you to concentrate on cardio and not gain the muscle you need during this phase. Again, trust the program. I felt the same way about the no cardio, but now, going through this again, I'm enjoying the no cardio. Before long, she'll give you plenty! Hahaha...

4) If I can't make it to the gym on Day 4, should I rest that day then go to gym on Day 5. Then rest 6 and 7? Sounds like a dumb question, but I just want to follow the trainer and I know the way its written up works.

--I'm on week three and I missed yesterday due to my husband coming home from a deployment. I just picked up today where I left off.

You have turned to a good group of girls here! They are full of information and encouragement! Good luck and keep pushing!

Jaems

http://fitinthegym.blogspot.com/
    http://www.facebook.com/Fit.In.The.Gym