PDA

View Full Version : What's on your Sportsman's X-mass list...

Nainoa
12-12-2006, 12:19 PM
Well I for one have one heck of a list for X-mass this year... In the next 12 months I'm going to get married, buy a family home and all of that great jazz... So I've made a list of things that I wanted to buy scaled between now and May 12th (Walleye Opener).

My goal is to set myself up so that when I get to the point where I have kids & a mortgage that my fishing & Camping will just cost me gas/bait/food.

Then I put that list up on the Cupboard back in October, knowing full well that since I couldn't afford to buy anything off of it until after X-mass, and whatever I got off it for X-mass is a bonus.

Then I happened to remember my future mother-in-Laws birthday, and so now I am apparently "Getting spoiled."

It got me thinking about how many other people might have a similar list.

So I'll share you some tid bits of mine.

-Food Saver Food Vaccum.... Going to get the AC/DC Adapter to package my fillets while I'm in the bush. I also figure before I head out that I can use it to make boil-in-bag dinners for quick food pack out.

-Zero degree sleeping bag... For when I hit the ice sleeper. (Already got this one!)

-Gift certificates to Sportsman's Warehouse... (Can use it to help purchase my GPS graph I'm going to buy this year.)

-Large, strong duffle bag. (I have some trips where I load up the boat, and launch to take it out to the campsite... So I want to be able to put everything into one large bag and one large tote.)

-Dutch Oven... To set up stews and birds etc... To cook while I'm out fishing.

-New carhart bibs and good sorel (Or knock off Boots.) My Dad bought these for me already.

bignpisst
12-12-2006, 12:40 PM
I would like a muzzle loader or a bow. I didnt have any time to go deer rifle hunting this year so either of these two would have made it more possible to find the time to go

Budweiser
12-12-2006, 01:03 PM
a Chevy 2500 Durmax Diesel, Crew cab.

But I'll settle for new hunting boots, Rockies.

and I need some new Ice fishing gear.

Geno
12-12-2006, 01:09 PM
Pouring the slab and paving the drive to our new garage (I can put a lot of my toys in there). I'll build the strusture in the spring.

Another gun safe - I have three that are too full and **** laying everywhere around the house.

A cetme rifle if I can find a decent one that's less than 450.

A repair job on my .22 mag rifle - the bolt is jammed open after I loaned it to a friend.

fitnessman
12-12-2006, 01:47 PM
Sports wise I have too much now :) I mean really...Stuff still in boxes all over the place.

I only wish for healthy/happy family!

Nainoa
12-12-2006, 02:09 PM
Sports wise I have too much now :) I mean really...Stuff still in boxes all over the place.

I only wish for healthy/happy family!

That's my Long Term Goal!

It's taken me a long time to finally break my tackle addiction... Used to be if a store sold tackle, and I went into it... I came out with at least one (Often 12) different things...

This last weekend though I walked into Fleet Farm, bought everything I needed and not an ice jig more, and walked right out 2 mins later.

Granted the reason I picked everything up so fast was because I've spent over 4 hours shopping that store in recent weeks!

You could take me into the Fleet Farm Parking lot, Blind fold me... Spin me around pinata style and I could still have a tip up in my hands in under 60 seconds!
:D

Pronto
12-12-2006, 04:20 PM
fishing waders

House72
12-12-2006, 04:39 PM
Barret 50 caliber, semi-auto, with 10 round clip, with scope.
Leupold illuminate scope for my deer rifle (7mm-08) <------ This is what I will mostly likely get..
3-D camo for the Turkey season.. Get this for my B-day which is a few days after X-mas..

Last, but not least, 2007 F-350 Crew cab disel, lifted.. Black..

Mtguy8787
12-16-2006, 09:34 PM
I want to get an ATV of my own.. it may not come this year though.

- A new cold weather sleeping bag

- A decent or good mountain bike. I want to start getting into that. The area around here is perfect for it.

- A flyrod of my own.

teriyakisaki
12-16-2006, 09:53 PM
-first and foremost, build up my collection of cold weather gear, especially thermals (i just moved to the mountains from socal).

-sorel "glacier" boots, and maybe a pair of carribou's for dickin around the town in.

-snowmobile/dirtbike helmet

-new folder knife (spyderco pacific salt II)

-snow shoes

-ruger 10/22 and maybe a shotgun or two depending on cash flow

-new ski's, boots, and bindings (want to get back into skiing)

-new snowboard and bindings, preferrably something for powder riding

-snowmobile

-build up my bait and luer collection

-long travel suspension for my truck (very far far away)

willrut
12-17-2006, 04:33 PM
Well I love to go fishing but can hardly ever go. I dont own a boat and that would make an extremely nice gift, and then id be able to fish more

Achilles_
12-18-2006, 12:19 PM
300 WSM FTW!

The scope will have to wait, Im saving for a nice long range Leupold! ;)