PDA

View Full Version : Coming Soon....replenish™

Pages : [1] 2

Robboe
11-14-2006, 08:58 AM
Product details including the full ingredient list, write-up, and the FAQ will be made available on Dec. 1. We will also be looking for a few testers then as well, so keep a look out if you are interested.

goali2
11-14-2006, 09:06 AM
looks like it ll contain a lot of BCAA, enver tried DS but looks like i might try Xceed and Replenish. Any chance there might be a offer if u buy those 2 together as one is pre workout and the other post workout?

UHCougar05
11-14-2006, 09:25 AM
Product details including the full ingredient list, write-up, and the FAQ will be made available on Dec. 1. We will also be looking for a few testers then as well, so keep a look out if you are interested. O rly? Looks like there will be on more DS supplement I'll be using during the contest...maybe. :cool: :D

B-baldy
11-14-2006, 09:25 AM
I look forward to Dec 1, should be interesting :)

Twin Peak
11-14-2006, 09:28 AM
O rly? Looks like there will be on more DS supplement I'll be using during the contest...maybe. :cool: :D

I will certainly be using it. ;)

looks like it ll contain a lot of BCAA, enver tried DS but looks like i might try Xceed and Replenish. Any chance there might be a offer if u buy those 2 together as one is pre workout and the other post workout?

You get this from the one picture? It won't actually, except what is in the whey -- but there will be plenty of goodness. ;)

Not at first, but maybe down the road.

maxiderm
11-14-2006, 09:37 AM
wow, looks good! ill try to keep posted on this, i would like to try it if its priced well enough...

Skigazzi
11-14-2006, 09:40 AM
I guess is a Whey / Carb / Leucine blend.

Perhaps Palatinose or WMS as a main ingredient, maybe 10g of WPI oer serving, and 10g of Leucine...that would be awesome!

UHCougar05
11-14-2006, 10:12 AM
I will certainly be using it. ;) I was planning to as well. I think that an NHA+BC+GXR+Replenish+Xceed stack looks really good right now. :D

Twin Peak
11-14-2006, 10:14 AM
I was planning to as well. I think that an NHA+BC+GXR+Replenish+Xceed stack looks really good right now. :D

And that is my stack. Plus VIGOR, SUSTAIN and most importantly Lean Xtreme 2.0.

Avaric3
11-14-2006, 10:16 AM
i would love to be a tester for replenish, so im gonna keep my eyes peeled:)

Blast_
11-14-2006, 10:17 AM
Interesting.... Samples? :D

UHCougar05
11-14-2006, 10:36 AM
And that is my stack. Plus VIGOR, SUSTAIN and most importantly Lean Xtreme 2.0.DS Mega stack right there. :D I'm gonna have to make multiple purchases on DS stuff to equal the TP stack™ :D

Twin Peak
11-14-2006, 10:50 AM
DS Mega stack right there. :D I'm gonna have to make multiple purchases on DS stuff to equal the TP stack™ :D

Perfect for a Christmas present! ;)

cervasa1977
11-14-2006, 11:03 AM
nice can't wait til dec 1st

HalleluYAH
11-14-2006, 11:13 AM
Product details including the full ingredient list, write-up, and the FAQ will be made available on Dec. 1. We will also be looking for a few testers then as well, so keep a look out if you are interested.
Congrats on the continued success of the DS Nutrition line!

Watermelon eh, yummmmmm. :)

haiz69
11-14-2006, 11:16 AM
Looks like this would be a nice addition to my whooping you guys in the contest stack....Get it out so I can buy it!

TT22
11-14-2006, 11:17 AM
Looks great, i have been wanting a company to produce a product likes this with a good flavoring system!

My question is......How good does it taste?

Jdub

HalleluYAH
11-14-2006, 11:18 AM
I guess is a Whey / Carb / Leucine blend.

Perhaps Palatinose or WMS as a main ingredient, maybe 10g of WPI oer serving, and 10g of Leucine...that would be awesome!
The name of the product implies it is geared towards postWO. So, for DS sake, I hope it does not contain palatinose. ;)

Robboe
11-14-2006, 11:21 AM
The name of the product implies it is geared towards postWO. So, do DS sake, I hope it does not contain palatinose. ;)

Whats with the talk of these fancy schmancy carbs?

Twin Peak
11-14-2006, 11:26 AM
Looks great, i have been wanting a company to produce a product likes this with a good flavoring system!

My question is......How good does it taste?

Jdub

Tastes very good with 20 ounces of water. Less and its a bit strong. A serving is 2 large scoops.

HalleluYAH
11-14-2006, 11:28 AM
Whats with the talk of these fancy schmancy carbs.
Someone suggested Replenish might have palatinose in it. Not sure why. :confused:

I believe it will be a Leucine enriched WPI! Yeah, buddy!

Twin Peak
11-14-2006, 11:33 AM
Damn, I can't believe everyone guessed the LEUCINE! ;)

HalleluYAH
11-14-2006, 11:41 AM
Damn, I can't believe everyone guessed the LEUCINE! ;)
Here is what I would like to see...

20g WPI
5g Leucine
15g Dextrose
8g Maltodextrin

lightsout123
11-14-2006, 11:45 AM
watermelon nice..good choice of flavor

user25891
11-14-2006, 12:08 PM
Anator knock off?
Leucine + 4HI + Hydro + Carbs

Die Max.

Jason

Twin Peak
11-14-2006, 12:10 PM
Anator knock off?

While it may be comparable in that it is a post-workout product, it is anything but a knock-off. Tell you what, on Dec. 1, you do the comparison, and let me know if you agree.

Here is what I would like to see...

20g WPI
5g Leucine
15g Dextrose
8g Maltodextrin

Interesting. (A) Its better than that, and (B) there is lots of extra goodness.

naturalguy
The name of the product implies it is geared towards postWO. So, for DS sake, I hope it does not contain palatinose. ;)

Agreed

user25891
Tastes very good with 20 ounces of water. Less and its a bit strong. A serving is 2 large scoops.

Please tell me its level scoops? I hate seeing products that have "rounded" or "heaping" in the serving size. Except for boobies. Rounded>level in that case.

Jason

bongd
11-14-2006, 12:14 PM
Please tell me its level scoops? I hate seeing products that have "rounded" or "heaping" in the serving size. Except for boobies. Rounded>level in that case.

Jason

AND WHY ARE YOU STILL IN THE RED!?!? :D

Looking forward to this one, definitely :cool:

NATHAN518
11-14-2006, 12:31 PM
i have been looking forward to this one since mike announced it way back when :cool:

UHCougar05
11-14-2006, 12:36 PM

JasonRounded Boobies, sust, and a-bombs FTW!!!!111!!!11!

Seriously though, if max doesn't want it, I'll take his tub too. ;) mmm...watermelony goodness :D

Blap Blaow
11-14-2006, 12:53 PM
Nice.

How many servings per tub?

HalleluYAH
11-14-2006, 01:06 PM
Interesting. (A) Its better than that, and (B) there is lots of extra goodness.
Sa~weet!

Kohen_Gadol
11-14-2006, 01:14 PM
Anator knock off?

Is that what the voices keep telling you?

DS is a good company.

BK

boyscouT
11-14-2006, 01:32 PM
I wonder if the taste will be anything like watermelon xtend.

IntensityX
11-14-2006, 01:44 PM

Yeah I have yet to try something that can compare or beat watermelon Xtend!!!!!!

Twin Peak
11-14-2006, 01:45 PM
Is that what the voices keep telling you?

DS is a good company.

BK

Thanks Bruce.

Nice.

How many servings per tub?

Not really, no.

bigbridrol
11-15-2006, 08:40 AM

why does everyone seem to dislike palatinose?

boyscouT
11-15-2006, 05:24 PM
why does everyone seem to dislike palatinose?
Oats, dextrose, and maltodextrin are much easier to pronounce.

uhockey
11-15-2006, 05:45 PM
No offense to MT, but IMO this product has more potential (albeit less of an advertising budget) than anator. The writeup is a pain in the arse though. :)

Regarding the pro/carb/bcaa blend.......ya damned right.......but that is only a part of the big picture. :)

No palatinose, no dextrose.

Did you really expect Dex in a product from a company that I love and support and have some creative decision making capability in? :D

cervasa1977
11-15-2006, 05:46 PM
No offense to MT, but IMO this product has more potential (albeit less of an advertising budget) than anator. The writeup is a pain in the arse though. :)

Regarding the pro/carb/bcaa blend.......ya damned right.......but that is only a part of the big picture. :)

No palatinose, no dextrose.

Did you really expect Dex in a product from a company that I love and support and have some creative decision making capability in? :D
I am really looking forward to this can't wait guys

uhockey
11-15-2006, 05:49 PM
Just for the hell of it.........

My working intro to the writeup:

"In support of man’s enduring struggle to improve on that which he has done in the past, Designer Supplements™ is proud to unleash the next step in maximizing post workout nutrition.. Through enhancement of the anabolic period immediately following exercise, Replenish™ is a great tasting post-workout formula that will maximize training, replenish key macro and micro-nutrients necessary for recovery, and put you well on the way to energy storage and growth "

Outside backer
11-15-2006, 06:01 PM
sign me up. im def gonna apply here :)

Twin Peak
11-15-2006, 06:06 PM

"In support of man’s enduring struggle to improve on that which he has done in the past, Designer Supplements™ is proud to unleash the next step in maximizing post workout nutrition.. Through enhancement of the anabolic period immediately following exercise, Replenish™ is a great tasting post-workout formula that will maximize training, replenish key macro and micro-nutrients necessary for recovery, and put you well on the way to energy storage and growth "

The reason why I can't wait to get my hands on a full can, is that both the macro and micro nutrients are truly unmatched. And because of the way this was designed, it can even be used by endos when dieting. Love it!

bodybuilder45
11-15-2006, 06:07 PM
ok, since everyone else is guessing heres mine:
whey hydro + extra leucing
complex or low GI carb blend
some type of creatine (hopefully not CEE)
antioxidants (vit.C, NAC, etc)
maybe advanced forms of electrolytes
maybe GMS
high dose methoxyisoflavone -----> ok, im kidding about this one.

nothing else comes to mind right now.

UHCougar05
11-15-2006, 06:10 PM
The reason why I can't wait to get my hands on a full can, is that both the macro and micro nutrients are truly unmatched. And because of the way this was designed, it can even be used by endos when dieting. Love it!YES! Our time has come!!! :D

uhockey
11-15-2006, 06:18 PM
Nice try, actually, but not quite.

Twin Peak
11-15-2006, 06:19 PM
Mike, we should just give a free can, right off the bat to whomever comes closest to the formula. Thoughts? Assuming they will do at least a mini-review....

uhockey
11-15-2006, 06:19 PM
The reason why I can't wait to get my hands on a full can, is that both the macro and micro nutrients are truly unmatched. And because of the way this was designed, it can even be used by endos when dieting. Love it!

Exactly. Will the masses understand the beauty, though?

boyscouT
11-15-2006, 06:20 PM
Mike, we should just give a free can, right off the bat to whomever comes closest to the formula. Thoughts? Assuming they will do at least a mini-review....
My guess at the formula:

It'll be great.

Do I win? :D

Twin Peak
11-15-2006, 06:23 PM
Exactly. Will the masses understand the beauty, though?

You don't want to side bet me on that, you still owe from the same bet on VIGOR. ;)

deserusan
11-15-2006, 06:24 PM

Have you taken a look at Anssi's newly published peer review in the British Journal of Sport's Medicine? I'm sure that would be an excellent resource.

Also, to any one who says this will be an Anator knock off please wise up. Designing a product off of sound principles and making it affordable is welcome in my book. This is coming from the guy who made this and many other forums MuscleTech friendly and knows more about Anator then about 99.9999999999% of anyone who lurks or posts here.

Rant over...I look forward to this. :)

uhockey
11-15-2006, 06:27 PM

Meh, I was just going to send it to people who have done what I consider a 5-star quality DS log in the past, but sure......that sounds like a plan.

I will say bodybuilder45 is closest, so far.

Another rule, however, is that if you from this point forth, if you PM me (I've already gotten 4 since I first posted in this thread) regarding Replenish, testing it, or the ingreidents of it, you are disqualified!

People should spend more time making Sustain recipes and less filling my PM box!

deserusan
11-15-2006, 06:30 PM
People should spend more time making Sustain recipes and less filling my PM box!

I tried some Sustain Coffee Oatmeal with some sliced almonds today. It was pretty good...but you don't like simple recipes.

UHCougar05
11-15-2006, 06:34 PM
Meh, I was just going to send it to people who have done what I consider a 5-star quality DS log in the past, but sure......that sounds like a plan.
Time to get to work...:D

uhockey
11-15-2006, 06:38 PM
I tried some Sustain Coffee Oatmeal with some sliced almonds today. It was pretty good...but you don't like simple recipes.

I don't like water+sustain+freezer. ;)

Yours actually sounds good.....i've been drinking my morning coffee with Sustain here at Cleveland Clinic because the coffee is AWFUL and Sustain makes it tolerable.

cervasa1977
11-15-2006, 06:38 PM
when will we likely see this for sale?

uhockey
11-15-2006, 06:43 PM
Very early december, with a bit of a caveat we'll explain soon. :)

cervasa1977
11-15-2006, 06:44 PM
looking forward to it

Twin Peak
11-15-2006, 06:50 PM

More like mid, based on the status of the labels.

IntensityX
11-15-2006, 07:05 PM
Will this be ready before the contest?

lightsout123
11-15-2006, 07:13 PM
NHA stack + xceed + replenish + sustain :eek:

IntensityX
11-15-2006, 07:19 PM
NHA stack + xceed + replenish + sustain :eek:

=nice muscles :cool:

Nathan1
11-15-2006, 09:56 PM
whey hydro/iso (40g)
leucine (7g)
Malto and/or oat powder (60g)
creatine (5-10g)
antioxidants (NAC, R-ALA, etc.)
electrolytes :D

Just my "off the top, late at night, i'm too tired to be confident"...guess. :)

P.S. - those would indeed be 2 big scoops. :D

Keg_Chested
11-15-2006, 10:08 PM
Any idea on what it will retail for? For 15 servings I hope it's not too much! (Meaning I will buy some regardless, but how much can I buy? :D)

This part excites me, a post workout supp that avoids excessive sugars/carbs is one thing, but Pro-dieting? Can't wait.

Not to thread hijack, but any news on Lean Extreme 2.0? (since you went ahead and put a date on this one)

Keg_Chested
11-15-2006, 10:33 PM
blend of whey (iso/casein)
EAA'S w/ heavy Leucine dose
Low GI carb source
CEE
Beta-alinine
anti-oxidants
Forskolin
L-Taurine
L-Tyrosine

just throwing stuff

Phosphate bond
11-15-2006, 10:41 PM

Yeah Dextrose sucks.......lol. :p

Anyway look to seeing this product hit the market.

uhockey
11-16-2006, 01:15 AM
I'd say bodybuider45 is stil closest.

Robboe
11-16-2006, 01:29 AM
Not to thread hijack, but any news on Lean Extreme 2.0? (since you went ahead and put a date on this one)

January.

Blap Blaow
11-16-2006, 02:57 AM
whey hydrosylate
casein
carbs (med-high GI)
BCAA (leucine heavy)
antioxidants (some K-RALA/Na-RALA?)
electrolytes
B-complex

Twin Peak
11-16-2006, 04:07 AM
Will this be ready before the contest?

Absatutely. Though you may have to look to find it, before mid-January.

Someone asked retail price. It will be expensive but compare extremely favorably to the other "post-workout products" on the market. In other words, the per serving will be cheaper, and each serving will have more of what you want (and less of what you don't), plus extra goodness.

I have seen one retailer price this in the mid to high 30s, FYI.

Blap Blaow
11-16-2006, 04:16 AM

Someone asked retail price. It will be expensive but compare extremely favorably to the other "post-workout products" on the market. In other words, the per serving will be cheaper, and each serving will have more of what you want (and less of what you don't), plus extra goodness.

How much will a tub weigh? (I'm pre-empting delivery costs here) Hard to make out on the pic- looks something like 2.56lbs

Twin Peak
11-16-2006, 06:46 AM
How much will a tub weigh? (I'm pre-empting delivery costs here) Hard to make out on the pic- looks something like 2.56lbs

Good eyes.

uhockey
11-16-2006, 06:46 AM
Bodybuilder45 is still closest. I'm thinking 2.5lbs is probably accurate.

And like Steve said, comparing it to other products of a similar nature, I think people will be VERY impressed at the pricepoint and contents.

lightsout123
11-16-2006, 07:10 AM
Bodybuilder45 is still closest. I'm thinking 2.5lbs is probably accurate.

And like Steve said, comparing it to other products of a similar nature, I think people will be VERY impressed at the pricepoint and contents.

will there be any other flavors in the future or just watermelon..good choice btw

Twin Peak
11-16-2006, 07:11 AM
Eventually. Let us get this one out first, then some other SUSTAIN flavors first.

Dutch Apple Pie is a flavor in the works.

lightsout123
11-16-2006, 07:15 AM
Eventually. Let us get this one out first, then some other SUSTAIN flavors first.

sounds good..dutch apple pie :eek:

Robboe
11-16-2006, 09:16 AM

2.58lbs [1170g].

Keg_Chested
11-16-2006, 02:53 PM

so $35 retail and $25-30 BB.com? or is mid to high 30's expected for online retail as well?

Twin Peak
11-16-2006, 03:00 PM
so $35 retail and $25-30 BB.com? or is mid to high 30's expected for online retail as well?

I think you misread my post:

In other words that will be the sale price at that store. MSRP is much higher.

Twin Peak
11-17-2006, 06:08 AM
Any more guesses?

ok, since everyone else is guessing heres mine:
whey hydro + extra leucing
complex or low GI carb blend
some type of creatine (hopefully not CEE)
antioxidants (vit.C, NAC, etc)
maybe advanced forms of electrolytes
maybe GMS
high dose methoxyisoflavone -----> ok, im kidding about this one.

nothing else comes to mind right now.

Mike says this is the closest, but there is still a lot of room for improvement.

BTW, I just reviewed the write-up last night, and I think everyone will be very interested to read it.

uhockey
11-17-2006, 06:39 AM

Sustain needs at least 2 new flavors before Replenish. :)

I think I'll post another teaser of the writeup......which ingredient do we want to "reveal" first?

naturalguy
11-17-2006, 07:03 AM
Sustain needs at least 2 new flavors before Replenish. :)

I think I'll post another teaser of the writeup......which ingredient do we want to "reveal" first?

carb source

uhockey
11-17-2006, 07:04 AM
carb source

You ask, you receive, direct from the writeup. References will be added later.

While protein is absolutely necessary for the reasons listed above, carbohydrate intake after training is also of significant importance for a number of reasons. Not only do carbs replenish depleted glycogen (stored glucose) reserves, they also stimulate insulin release which mediates the uptake of nutrients into the cells. This all important function of insulin takes place via the cells glucose transporter system.

The glucose transporters (GLUT) are a family of receptors that allow glucose to enter the cell. There are four types, aptly named GLUT1 through GLUT4. While GLUT 1 through GLUT3 are intrinsically important to bodily function, GLUT4 receptors are our point of interest as they are only present in muscle and fat cells. Located primarily beneath the cell membrane where they essentially remain quiescent during the fasted state, the introduction of insulin to the environment leads to a large increase in the translocation (relocation) of the GLUT4 receptors to the cell membrane. Through this translocation, the number of “doors” through which glucose can enter the cell is rapidly increased and the insulin signalling pathway kick starts several processes which contribute towards muscle repair and growth.

Like protein, carbohydrates must also be broken down into their simplest form to pass through the gut mucosa. After training, fast digesting carbohydrate sources are recommended to get carbohydrates (and more importantly, the insulin “spike” which carbohydrates induce) to the muscle in order to begin the repair and growth phases triggered by intense training. One serving of Replenish™ contains thirty grams (30g) of carbohydrates in a blended formula of fast and slow-digesting sources, namely maltodextrin and oat fiber. While some may prefer purely fast-acting carbs, the carbohydrate source in Replenish™ is a fast/slow blend due to the manner in which carbohydrates physiologically enter the cell. This process, termed active transport, actually limits the number of glucose molecules that can enter the cell at any one time and as such, makes any attempt to “saturate” the cell in an all-or-none manner illogical as much of the glucose will be oxidized rather than stored. A better solution is to provide fast-digesting carbohydrates like maltodextrin to activate the receptor sites rapidly, while oat fiber provides the backup for further uptake later in the recovery period.

Twin Peak
11-17-2006, 07:05 AM
carb source

Creepy.

Not you, the timing of this post.

naturalguy
11-17-2006, 07:11 AM
Creepy.

Not you, the timing of this post.

LOL, thanks, I am glad it's not me :)

So far I like what I am hearing about the carbs

uhockey
11-17-2006, 07:13 AM
Oddly, the carb source is probably where we had the most internal controversy. Some of us cry when we read the word dextrose. ;)

Twin Peak
11-17-2006, 07:49 AM
For the uber lazy.

One serving of Replenish™ contains thirty grams (30g) of carbohydrates in a blended formula of fast and slow-digesting sources, namely maltodextrin and oat fiber.

UHCougar05
11-17-2006, 08:53 AM
well being that bb45 was close, I'll add on my guesses from there:

WPH/WPI Blend
Leucine and 4-OH Leucine (from label)
Slow/Fast Carb Blend (from Mike)
Anti-Oxidants similar to those in Vigor
Creatine (CEE, Creatine Gluconate, or MCC)
GMS
GXR (Carb Partitioning)
DS Magic Dust :D

Mr. Aries
11-17-2006, 09:10 AM
heck, i'll be buying this for sure..

Twin Peak
11-17-2006, 09:13 AM
well being that bb45 was close, I'll add on my guesses from there:

WPH/WPI Blend
Leucine and 4-OH Leucine (from label)
Slow/Fast Carb Blend (from Mike)
Anti-Oxidants similar to those in Vigor
Creatine (CEE, Creatine Gluconate, or MCC)
GMS
GXR (Carb Partitioning)
DS Magic Dust :D

You are not taking into account our general philosphy -- i.e. that our products should work together.

Also, if someone is going to win a closest to the formula prize, it has to include amounts (for most ingredients). We already gave you the hardest one -- carbs.

UHCougar05
11-17-2006, 09:26 AM
You are not taking into account our general philosphy -- i.e. that our products should work together.

Also, if someone is going to win a closest to the formula prize, it has to include amounts (for most ingredients). We already gave you the hardest one -- carbs.
Back to the drawing board. ;) :D

uhockey
11-17-2006, 09:34 AM
Man.....that sucked UH. :)

We're innovative, not redundant.

UHCougar05
11-17-2006, 09:37 AM
Man.....that sucked UH. :)

We're innovative, not redundant. I'm sandbagging Mike, trust me, I know what I'm doing. :D

Eh, who the hell am I kidding? I have no idea what's gonna be in this. As long as it works (and I know it will) I'll be buying some of this.

Mr. Aries
11-17-2006, 09:51 AM
leucine/4hydroxy
fast/slow protein blend
fast/slow carb blend
creatine
flavorings :D

Nathan1
11-17-2006, 11:18 AM
maltodextrin and oat fiber.

muahaha. :D

i'm good. (not great)

Twin Peak
11-17-2006, 11:37 AM
muahaha. :D

i'm good. (not great)

Did you guess that? Must have missed it. What else is in it?

uhockey
11-17-2006, 11:40 AM
leucine/4hydroxy
fast/slow protein blend
fast/slow carb blend
creatine
flavorings :D

Plus a big ol proprietary blend and free ***** dogtags to the first 10 buyers. :)

Nathan1
11-17-2006, 11:41 AM
Did you guess that? Must have missed it. What else is in it?

I guessed both sources, but twice the amount. :D

I have no idea if the rest is right, but with the clues given, i knew you wouldnt ONLY go with malto, and i just saw you guys and oat powder/fiber as a match. (i said "powder", i couldn't think of the exact term at the time - "fiber")

I'm going to make my formal guess now for Protein as 30-35g per serving w/30g Carbs. That would make it, IMO, somewhat versatile for the smaller/bigger dudes. :)

Twin Peak
11-17-2006, 11:43 AM
I guessed both sources, but twice the amount. :D

I have no idea if the rest is right, but with the clues given, i knew you wouldnt ONLY go with malto, and i just saw you guys and oat powder/fiber as a match. (i said "powder", i couldn't think of the exact term at the time - "fiber")

I'm going to make my formal guess now for Protein as 30-35g per serving w/30g Carbs. That would make it, IMO, somewhat versatile for the smaller/bigger dudes. :)

I might start calling you encyclopia brown. (Extra points to the first person who knows who that is).

Blap Blaow
11-17-2006, 11:49 AM
http://mattpreskenis.com/blog/uploaded_images/ebrown-729102.jpg

njmuscle66
11-17-2006, 11:51 AM
I might start calling you encyclopia brown. (Extra points to the first person who knows who that is).

Those were my fav to read!

uhockey
11-17-2006, 11:56 AM
LOL @ Old people. ;)

Twin Peak
11-17-2006, 12:16 PM
Nice job Blap. Ditto Chuck. He was way cool.

dvsness
11-17-2006, 12:42 PM
:mad:

dudes? am i chopped liver?

Twin Peak
11-17-2006, 12:44 PM
What is wrong with being chopped liver? I like chopped liver.

uhockey
11-17-2006, 12:48 PM

Better than being a "bro"

nni
11-17-2006, 12:58 PM

your a small dude, its ok.

dude doesn't have to be gender specific.

haiz69
11-17-2006, 01:11 PM
Finally....something with a blend of oats and malto. Good going guys!

dvsness
11-17-2006, 01:16 PM
you're a small dude, its ok.

dude doesn't have to be gender specific.
dude:

1) Originally, “dude” meant a stuck up person who dressed overly well. It first emerged in the year 1883 in England.

2) Later it was used in the old west to mean a city person who moved to the west without actually know what he was doing. Synonymous with “city-slicker”

3) Later, in California, the term changed from these insults to a term meaning any male, human or otherwise. Sometimes it is used in reference to tom-girls. Now, it is often used for emphasis as well.

Krissypoo
11-17-2006, 01:27 PM
the term changed from these insults to a term meaning any male, human or otherwise.
I like this. So when a guy is being an idiot, I can insult him by calling him a "dude" and he won't know the difference.

Thanks, Vanessa! :D

An Inconvenient Bro
11-17-2006, 01:30 PM
2) Later it was used in the old west to mean a city person who moved to the west without actually know what he was doing. Synonymous with “city-slicker”

like panning fer gold dude

nni
11-17-2006, 01:38 PM
dude is a universal word. it can replace any word in the english language.

when i get drunk, the "dudes" flow

Doughboy
11-17-2006, 01:41 PM
I hope there is at least 2 grams of love.

uhockey
11-17-2006, 01:42 PM
I hope there is at least 2 grams of love.

At DS, we measure love by the kilo. ;)

Doughboy
11-17-2006, 01:45 PM
At DS, we measure love by the kilo. ;)

:)

dvsness
11-17-2006, 01:47 PM
I like this. So when a guy is being an idiot, I can insult him by calling him a "dude" and he won't know the difference.

Thanks, Vanessa! :D
yes, useful at all times, actually! ;)

deserusan
11-17-2006, 02:16 PM
dude:

1) Originally, “dude” meant a stuck up person who dressed overly well. It first emerged in the year 1883 in England.

3) Later, in California, the term changed from these insults to a term meaning any male, human or otherwise. Sometimes it is used in reference to tom-girls. Now, it is often used for emphasis as well.

Dude...stop being gay! ;)

dvsness
11-17-2006, 02:26 PM
Dude...stop being gay! ;)

that's 2 in one sentence. horse****.

deserusan
11-17-2006, 02:56 PM

that's 2 in one sentence. horse****.

http://i33.photobucket.com/albums/d80/shamals/Bumperstickers/gullible.gif

dvsness
11-17-2006, 04:39 PM
http://i33.photobucket.com/albums/d80/shamals/Bumperstickers/gullible.gif
http://i52.photobucket.com/albums/g3/CzarMagus/Jerk.jpg

deserusan
11-17-2006, 05:03 PM
http://i52.photobucket.com/albums/g3/CzarMagus/Jerk.jpg

http://i63.photobucket.com/albums/h157/love_2_dance909/39gc1.jpg

BiggJohn
11-17-2006, 05:33 PM
Will you two just admit your in love with each other.

:D

Nathan1
11-17-2006, 06:26 PM

:D

No, no, no. You've got to play off of the Seinfeld theme already presented. :D

Kramer: "Can't you two see that you're in love with each other?!!"

dvsness
11-17-2006, 06:31 PM
http://i63.photobucket.com/albums/h157/love_2_dance909/39gc1.jpg

http://i61.photobucket.com/albums/h67/markavrin/eatme.jpg

that's how rumors get started!! :o

deserusan
11-17-2006, 06:40 PM
http://i61.photobucket.com/albums/h67/markavrin/eatme.jpg

http://i73.photobucket.com/albums/i215/Clownie_2006/a61443bb.jpg

dvsness
11-17-2006, 07:28 PM
http://i73.photobucket.com/albums/i215/Clownie_2006/a61443bb.jpg

o'rly?

http://i46.photobucket.com/albums/f141/csb93082/tiny.jpg

Outside backer
11-17-2006, 07:30 PM
dvs- 3

des - 2

popcorn ready

deserusan
11-17-2006, 07:36 PM
o'rly?

http://i46.photobucket.com/albums/f141/csb93082/tiny.jpg

http://i116.photobucket.com/albums/o10/bcole360/10funny-boobs.jpg

Outside backer
11-17-2006, 07:44 PM
oh snap!!!!!!!!!!!

dvs - 3

des -3

factotum
~75g serving of
protein 30g:
--whey(conc or iso, likely the latter)15-20g,
--casein 10-15g
(probably 15g of each wpi and cas)
carbs 30g:
--Malto 15g
--oat fiber 15g
leucine 8g
4hydroxy isoleucine likely 500-1000mg though some studies use 2g
3g CEE
1g Taurine
2g flavoring, etc

naturalguy

I like your style Des

dvsness
11-17-2006, 07:58 PM

http://i99.photobucket.com/albums/l319/dvsnessa/image023.jpg

Outside backer
11-17-2006, 08:02 PM
dvs 5-

des -3

she is good

boyscouT
11-17-2006, 08:05 PM
http://i99.photobucket.com/albums/l319/dvsnessa/image023.jpg

dvs 5-
des -3

she is good
I think that's 1 for des, considering a zucchini is pretty damn big.

no homo

Nathan1
11-17-2006, 08:21 PM
3g CEE

I think i'm going to go ahead and say i disagree with this.

I don't think it will be CEE OR mono. :)

I just have a feeling. ;)

It will be a newer creatine such as:

2CM
Creatine Gluconate
Mag Chelate

....you get the point. One of the relatively newer forms. :)

factotum
11-17-2006, 09:01 PM
I think i'm going to go ahead and say i disagree with this.

I don't think it will be CEE OR mono. :)

I just have a feeling. ;)

It will be a newer creatine such as:

2CM
Creatine Gluconate
Mag Chelate

....you get the point. One of the relatively newer forms. :)

I also thought they might use something other than CEE due to it being hard to mask especially with a watermelon flavor. Maybe they opted for the gluco ester instead. The only reason I chose CEE was because if they added in something other form it would imply to some that this is a better form and thus XCEED should be updated as well.

Twin Peak
11-17-2006, 09:30 PM
I also thought they might use something other than CEE due to it being hard to mask especially with a watermelon flavor. Maybe they opted for the gluco ester instead. The only reason I chose CEE was because if they added in something other form it would imply to some that this is a better form and thus XCEED should be updated as well.

Maybe XCEED will be updated.

Or maybe we still think CEE is the best form of creatine.

The plot thickens.

Dublo
11-17-2006, 10:54 PM
This doesn't have any enzyme blends in it, does it?

If it does, I won't be able to get any. And that will make me seriously sad.

Nathan1
11-17-2006, 10:57 PM
bromelain!!!!

uhockey
11-18-2006, 02:14 AM
IMO, Bodybuilder45 is still closest, and I'd like to thank those of you who brought this thread back on topic.

Bromelain would've been a nice addition but alas, no.

Dublo, why can't you use enzyme blends?

deserusan
11-18-2006, 03:17 AM
Sorry about the OT remarks. :)

Dublo
11-18-2006, 04:22 AM
IMO, Bodybuilder45 is still closest, and I'd like to thank those of you who brought this thread back on topic.

Bromelain would've been a nice addition but alas, no.

Dublo, why can't you use enzyme blends?

Because Australian customs are bastards. They seize things like ON and Dymatize whey simply for the fact they have the Aminogen enzymes and Lactase.

ROBOLEG
11-18-2006, 05:13 AM
those custom officers should go suck on a gun barrel and pull the trigger, what ****wits confiscate **** for having digestive enzymes in it. I'm guessing creatine gluconate :P

uhockey
11-18-2006, 05:14 AM
Because Australian customs are bastards. They seize things like ON and Dymatize whey simply for the fact they have the Aminogen enzymes and Lactase.

They're unnecessary, IMO, and are thus not included in Replenish (or Sustain) but I do wonder what the Aussie govn't has against them.

I do use a bromelain/papain combo from Trader Joes due to the amount of veggies I eat (~kilo/day) but they definitely aren't "necessary"

Dublo
11-18-2006, 05:23 AM
They're unnecessary, IMO, and are thus not included in Replenish (or Sustain) but I do wonder what the Aussie govn't has against them.

I do use a bromelain/papain combo from Trader Joes due to the amount of veggies I eat (~kilo/day) but they definitely aren't "necessary"

I wonder as well.
Thanks for clearing that up, Mike. I can't wait to get some of this stuff.

Krissypoo
11-18-2006, 06:33 AM
I find it interesting that so many people are guessing casein as one of the ingredients. I'm curious to know whether or not you guys are using this method now and why.

Dublo
11-18-2006, 06:40 AM
I find it interesting that so many people are guessing casein as one of the ingredients. I'm curious to know whether or not you guys are using this method now and why.

Hrmm... if it's post-workout Casein probably wouldn't be the best. However, I guess if it's a blend of Casein and WPI, that would work quite well indeed.

boyscouT
11-18-2006, 06:44 AM
I have a meal 60 minutes after my PWO shake anyway so I personally don't find a need for a blend immediate PWO.

Krissypoo
11-18-2006, 06:50 AM
But this is a postworkout product, so I'm interested about these suggetions.

Nothing more than curiousity.

boyscouT
11-18-2006, 06:53 AM

I sea what you did there.

Blap Blaow
11-18-2006, 07:01 AM
I was convinced it wouldn't contain creatine. Interesting...

Twin Peak
11-18-2006, 07:13 AM

We didn't say it would.

Yet. ;)

uhockey
11-18-2006, 07:15 AM

Read Alan Aragon's pre/during/post-workout nutrition thread in the nutrition section. I definitely think a blend of casein and whey is ideal post workout, for the same reasons I see the carb blend in Replenish ideal.

There really is no need for casein in replenish though, due to the formula. :)

Dublo
11-18-2006, 07:16 AM
Around how many calories are there going to be in each serve? About 300 or so?

uhockey
11-18-2006, 07:18 AM
Around how many calories are there going to be in each serve? About 300 or so?

Approximately 300, give or take.

boyscouT
11-18-2006, 07:25 AM
Approximately 300, give or take.
Looks like i'll need 2 scoops per workout.

Krissypoo
11-18-2006, 07:27 AM
Read Alan Aragon's pre/during/post-workout nutrition thread in the nutrition section.
Thanks for the heads up, Mike. :) Will do.

Blap Blaow
11-18-2006, 07:27 AM
We didn't say it would.

Yet. ;)
One for Encyclopedia Brown

Dublo
11-18-2006, 07:32 AM
mmmmm, Watermelon.

Twin Peak
11-18-2006, 07:33 AM
Looks like i'll need 2 scoops per workout.

1 serving = 2 scoops

boyscouT
11-18-2006, 07:36 AM
1 serving = 2 scoops
Wait so 2 scoops = approximately 300 cals

so i'll need 4 scoops?

uhockey
11-18-2006, 07:45 AM
IMO, one serving of this is adequate for post-workout, assuming you have your pre/during nutrition in order and you're following intelligent nutitional standards throughout the day.

Twin Peak
11-18-2006, 07:49 AM
IMO, one serving of this is adequate for post-workout, assuming you have your pre/during nutrition in order and you're following intelligent nutitional standards throughout the day.

Agree. I can see someone who is bulking considering drinking one serving during the workout, if it is a long workout, and then another serving after. But in general, one serving is sufficient.

boyscouT
11-18-2006, 07:51 AM
I've been going by Alan's guidelines in his sticky.. which is why I will prob go with 2 servings aka 4 scoops...

Twin Peak
11-18-2006, 07:53 AM
I've been going by Alan's guidelines in his sticky.. which is why I will prob go with 2 servings aka 4 scoops...

That will get expensive, and you will need a LOT of water.

boyscouT
11-18-2006, 07:56 AM
That will get expensive, and you will need a LOT of water.
Maybe half my existing PWO shake and 1 serving Replenish then... how does that sound?

naturalguy
11-18-2006, 09:02 AM

Not sure how I feel about including creatine in it. If it does, I hope it's a small amount. Many people are taking preworkout formulas that contain creatine already.

naturalguy
11-18-2006, 09:03 AM
Maybe half my existing PWO shake and 1 serving Replenish then... how does that sound?

I think you would be fine with replenish followed up with a good solid food meal.

boyscouT
11-18-2006, 09:05 AM
I think you would be fine with replenish followed up with a good solid food meal.
We shall sea my friend... we shall sea...

Twin Peak
11-18-2006, 09:33 AM
Not sure how I feel about including creatine in it. If it does, I hope it's a small amount. Many people are taking preworkout formulas that contain creatine already.

I like the way you think. Bear in mind the purpose of the formula. And the name....

Preworkout, you want to supersaturate creatine stores....post workout you just want to replenish them. ;)

uhockey
11-18-2006, 02:41 PM

Sounds smart.

And Naturalguy.....you frequently sound smart.

Mr. Aries
11-18-2006, 03:59 PM
Sounds smart.

And Naturalguy.....you frequently sound smart.

lmao :D

Nathan1
11-18-2006, 04:02 PM

I agree.

I have since rethought my position of creatine, as they still want people to use their other products. Therefore, i also disagree with a person or 2 that guessed GXR would be in it. They won't step on the toes of any of their other products. :)

BTW...just placed an order here today for some Vigor. :)

uhockey
11-18-2006, 04:35 PM
I agree.

I have since rethought my position of creatine, as they still want people to use their other products. Therefore, i also disagree with a person or 2 that guessed GXR would be in it. They won't step on the toes of any of their other products. :)

BTW...just placed an order here today for some Vigor. :)

Has nothing to do with selling other products and everything to do with achieving the same things through different mechanisms.

G.W. Hayduke
11-18-2006, 05:44 PM
So this prod is coming out Dec. 1? That's just 7 days from my b-day. ;)

BTW, very nice looking label.

Dublo
11-18-2006, 05:53 PM
So this prod is coming out Dec. 1? That's just 7 days from my b-day. ;)

BTW, very nice looking label.

I think it's coming out Mid december. The write up is coming out on December 1.

deserusan
11-18-2006, 05:54 PM
We didn't say it would.

Yet. ;)

My recommendation is to go without.

Twin Peak
11-18-2006, 09:58 PM
I think it's coming out Mid december. The write up is coming out on December 1.

Correct.

factotum
11-18-2006, 11:24 PM
Flavoring and texture should be interesting given all the potential ingredients. CEE and casein can be hard to cover up, and leucine tends to clump.

I still think they might add some form of creatine, but probably only a gram.

Keg_Chested
11-19-2006, 12:19 AM

Ugh, hope your pwo is fruit flavored. I have coco whey and those would taste delightly unpleasant right after another :D

Dublo
11-19-2006, 12:26 AM
Flavoring and texture should be interesting given all the potential ingredients. CEE and casein can be hard to cover up, and leucine tends to clump.

I still think they might add some form of creatine, but probably only a gram.

Maybe DS have come up with their own type of Creatine.
Oooh, Revolutionary!

But you're right, for a flavourless Creatine, supplements to my knowledge usually use Mono, Chelate or Malate.

uhockey
11-19-2006, 02:03 AM
Um, why are people doubting our ability to "cover up" CEE or casein considering what we've done with Xceed and Sustain? ;)

Honestly though, I think you'll all be pleasantly suprised, and I'm still not sure why everyone is so CONVINCED it'll contain casein or creatine.

I'm not saying it's not in there, I'm just saying bodbuilder45's guess is still closest.

Consider what is lost through training. Consider what it will take to replenish those things. Think in terms of novelty, but also synergy.

Dublo
11-19-2006, 02:12 AM
Hrmm... I'll take a shot at this.

WPI/WPC/Casein
CEE
High and Low GI carbs: Maltodextrin and Honey?
Vitamins and minerals, which are used and depleted after a workout. I'm thinking possibly Magnesium, Potassium, B, C, E and possibly Calcium.
Grape seed extract.
BCAAs and Leucine.

uhockey
11-19-2006, 02:24 AM
Hrmm... I'll take a shot at this.

WPI/WPC/Casein
CEE
High and Low GI carbs: Maltodextrin and Honey?
Vitamins and minerals, which are used and depleted after a workout. I'm thinking possibly Magnesium, Potassium, B, C, E and possibly Calcium.
Grape seed extract.
BCAAs and Leucine.

We already posted the carb sources section of the writeup. :)
This is a DECENT guess, but bodybuilder is still closer.

sicdeusvult
11-19-2006, 09:03 AM
Looking forward to trying it!

Do you know how much each tub will cost? How many servings per bottle?

edit: Nevermind, found the answer to my question back on page 3 :p

Twin Peak
11-19-2006, 09:05 AM
Looking forward to trying it!

Do you know how much each tub will cost? How many servings per bottle?

edit: Nevermind, found the answer to my question back on page 3 :p
15 servings. I think stores have started pricing it between $35 and $40.

Mr. Aries
11-19-2006, 09:30 AM
15 servings. I think stores have started pricing it between $35 and $40.

:eek:

kinda pricey... but i'll still get a couple.

boyscouT
11-19-2006, 10:02 AM
Ugh, hope your pwo is fruit flavored. I have coco whey and those would taste delightly unpleasant right after another :D
I bet it'll taste great with BSL Watermelon or something like that.

avian
11-19-2006, 11:01 AM
~78g per serving

20g whey hydrolisate/whey isolate
5g leucine
20g maltodextrin
10g oat fiber/other carb sources
5g Creatine Mono
15g (Glutamine/Taurine/Arginine)
5g (4-hydroxy-leucine/magnesium/potassium/phosphadyl serine/l-phenylalanine/chromiun picolinate/calcium/biotin/rhodiola rosea/vitamins [B; C; E])
and flavoring

uhockey
11-19-2006, 12:59 PM
If anyone had even suggested chromium pocolinate for this product I'd have suggested Steve fire them. Additionally......creatine mono would absolutely defeat the purpose in having made Xceed with Cee.

Bodybuilder still leads.

Rushi
11-19-2006, 03:46 PM

I will say bodybuilder45 is closest, so far.

Another rule, however, is that if you from this point forth, if you PM me (I've already gotten 4 since I first posted in this thread) regarding Replenish, testing it, or the ingreidents of it, you are disqualified!

whey protein hydrolysate - 25g
maltodextrin - 20g
oat fiber - 10g
l-leucine - 5g
Vitamin C - 500mg
4-hydroxyisoleucine - 400mg
dipotassium phosphate - 250mg
disodium phosphate - 250mg

Dublo
11-19-2006, 04:14 PM

Yeah, I might order 2 tubs around Xmas time. With 3 weight sessions a week, they'll last me a few months at least.

40-Yard Dash_2
11-19-2006, 06:17 PM
Yeah, I might order 2 tubs around Xmas time. With 3 weight sessions a week, they'll last me a few months at least.

Trust me, it'll be well worth it my friend.

Dublo
11-19-2006, 07:50 PM
Trust me, it'll be well worth it my friend.
I know! :D

I've had my eye on this product for ages, and I'm damn happy it's finally coming out.

kerplunk
11-19-2006, 08:14 PM
This product interests me extremely! It sounds great, only the price scares me...

Twin Peak
11-19-2006, 08:31 PM
This product interests me extremely! It sounds great, only the price scares me...

Compare it to products in the same category, and realize it has more in it -- and costs less.

Dublo
11-19-2006, 08:39 PM
Compare it to products in the same category, and realize it has more in it -- and costs less.

It costs WAY less than other post workout supps.

uhockey
11-20-2006, 01:25 AM
It costs WAY less than other post workout supps.

We took the Xceed approach:

Add a lot of what athletes need.
Leave out unproven junk in tiny quantities.
Make the formula open w/o proprietary blends.
A couple little DS twists.
Great taste.
Competitive price.

Twin Peak
11-20-2006, 03:45 AM
We took the Xceed approach:

Add a lot of what athletes need.
Leave out unproven junk in tiny quantities.
Make the formula open w/o proprietary blends.
A couple little DS twists.
Great taste.
Competitive price.

Well, a tiny part has a proprietary blend. We did it for the bros. ;)

deserusan
11-20-2006, 03:51 AM
Any hint of the flavor(s)?

Twin Peak
11-20-2006, 03:55 AM
The bottle on the first page with the flavor on it wasn't hint enough?

If not, it has been mentioned about 73 times in this thread. ;)

Watermelon Splash.

deserusan
11-20-2006, 03:55 AM
The bottle on the first page with the flavor on it wasn't hint enough?

If not, it has been mentioned about 73 times in this thread. ;)

Watermelon Splash.

Did uhockey want to add the "splash" ? :)

Dublo
11-20-2006, 03:56 AM
Any hint of the flavor(s)?
Desert Sand.

Aaah, sorry, I'm bored.

Doughboy
11-20-2006, 06:30 AM
I don't think the protein source has been revealed yet so I will make a guess.

It will not by hydro whey or wpi. It will be FF EAA about 15-20 grams, with the emphasis on BCAA (Leucine).

Robboe
11-20-2006, 07:02 AM

Even if you go with the highest likely price, fifteen servings for $40 is ~$2.65 a serving. This covers your carbs, protein and other goodies. Flavors them nicely and has them pre-blended, taking out a lot of manual labor you'd otherwise have to do if you bought everything yourself in bulk.

Twin Peak
11-20-2006, 07:07 AM
Even if you go with the highest likely price, fifteen servings for $40 is ~$2.65 a serving. This covers your carbs, protein and other goodies. Flavors them nicely and has them pre-blended, taking out a lot of manual labor you'd otherwise have to do if you bought everything yourself in bulk.

That's less then a Big Mac!

Robboe
11-20-2006, 07:11 AM
That's less then a Big Mac!

It has less fat too.

cervasa1977
11-20-2006, 07:13 AM
It has less fat too.
and I think your heart won't hate you after dowing a shake :)

Twin Peak
11-20-2006, 07:18 AM
It has less fat too.

Clear your PMs.

Robboe
11-20-2006, 07:20 AM
Clear your PMs.

Already cleared, i got the email.

Robboe
11-20-2006, 07:22 AM
and I think your heart won't hate you after dowing a shake :)

And your taste buds will love you equally as much.

RenegadeRows
11-20-2006, 07:24 AM
Just some constructive criticism.

I'm not a fan of the labels for these proteins. With the slanted blue words, and the metal plating image behind that. It's boring.

Your other labels, IE Xceed, Rebound, etc...were some sharp looking labels. It seems you guys have regressed in the graphic design area.

Still, your products are top notch. I just thought the labels would've been better.

Twin Peak
11-20-2006, 07:29 AM

I'm not a fan of the labels for these proteins. With the slanted blue words, and the metal plating image behind that. It's boring.

Your other labels, IE Xceed, Rebound, etc...were some sharp looking labels. It seems you guys have regressed in the graphic design area.

Still, your products are top notch. I just thought the labels would've been better.

Interesting thoughts. Actually, as far as graphic design work goes, these labels are much more complex and sharper looking. The original were very basic and simple.

In any event, we are completely redoing ALL our labels. It will be a slow integration. I suspect many will love the new design, and of course there will be some that liked one of our old ones better. Can't please everyone.

Lean Xtreme 2.0 will feature the new design first, then N.O. Limits and Activate (getting ready to reprint anyway).

Robboe
11-20-2006, 07:32 AM

You really think? You should see them when they're printed, on the tub and in your hand.

RenegadeRows
11-20-2006, 08:20 AM
Yeah, I bet they look good up close and personal. I just like colorful labels I guess :D

G.W. Hayduke
11-20-2006, 08:35 AM
I guess I'll take my hand at guessing what's in it.

First, the carb game. With carbs, you could use a blend of just about anything and it would come out similar to just about anything else, IMO. But, I'm gonna guess at one or more of the following:

Trehalose
Palatinose
Amylopectin
Xylitol
(maybe even something crazy like tapioca starch)

Hydro whey (high level, assuming you can flavor it)
ALCAR
NAC
Leucine
IP6
Corosolic acid (banaba leaf)
Betaine
Malic and orotic acid of some sort (Mg most likely)
Vits / mins / other (B, C, Mg, K, Na, Ca, phosphates, citric acid, acetic acid, Zn, Se)
MCT (dare I even guess at that? the write-up did say key macro nutrients)

You know, I realized I can't have any hope of guessing what's in here without knowing a ballpark cost of the product. ;)

Robboe
11-20-2006, 08:38 AM
Yeah, I bet they look good up close and personal. I just like colorful labels I guess :D

Then you will love our new labels.

Robboe
11-20-2006, 08:39 AM
I guess I'll take my hand at guessing what's in it.

First, the carb game. With carbs, you could use a blend of just about anything and it would come out similar to just about anything else, IMO. But, I'm gonna guess at one or more of the following:

Trehalose
Palatinose
Amylopectin
Xylitol
(maybe even something crazy like tapioca starch)

Hydro whey (high level, assuming you can flavor it)
ALCAR
NAC
Leucine
IP6
Corosolic acid (banaba leaf)
Betaine
Malic and orotic acid of some sort (Mg most likely)
Vits / mins / other (B, C, Mg, K, Na, Ca, phosphates, citric acid, acetic acid, Zn, Se)
MCT (dare I even guess at that? the write-up did say key macro nutrients)

You know, I realized I can't have any hope of guessing what's in here without knowing a ballpark cost of the product. ;)

The retailer asking price will be between $35-40. Each serving therefore, costs in the region of $2.65. The carb source has also been covered. :)

G.W. Hayduke
11-20-2006, 08:48 AM
The retailer asking price will be between $35-40. Each serving therefore, costs in the region of $2.65. The carb source has also been covered. :)
Okay. How many servings per container? I'm guessing 15-20.

I looked over this thread and didn't see the carb source. If it's oat powder I'm gonna laugh at you. ;)

Twin Peak
11-20-2006, 08:51 AM

Then you will really like the new ones.

Twin Peak
11-20-2006, 08:53 AM
Okay. How many servings per container? I'm guessing 15-20.

I looked over this thread and didn't see the carb source. If it's oat powder I'm gonna laugh at you. ;)

Its in here somewhere. 30 grams of carbs, oat powder and malto.

G.W. Hayduke
11-20-2006, 09:04 AM
Why thank you lemur king. And I'm not really gonna laugh. Oats are a great carb source and economic. Good way to keep the cost down while still offering a good product.

Doughboy
11-20-2006, 09:06 AM
I must have guessed the Protein source since no one replied :D

Twin Peak
11-20-2006, 09:07 AM
I don't think the protein source has been revealed yet so I will make a guess.

It will not by hydro whey or wpi. It will be FF EAA about 15-20 grams, with the emphasis on BCAA (Leucine).

Incorrect.

I must have guessed the Protein source since no one replied :D

Happy now? ;)

Doughboy
11-20-2006, 09:18 AM
Incorrect.

Happy now? ;)

Maybe.

Twin Peak
11-20-2006, 09:26 AM
Maybe.

If it makes you feel better, part of your guess was right. This part:

I don't think the protein source has been revealed yet

G.W. Hayduke
11-20-2006, 09:59 AM
It must be egg protein then.

Or maybe that mythological grain protein... what the hell was that again? Buckwheat? Super ultra time release... or something.

Doughboy
11-20-2006, 10:24 AM
If it makes you feel better, part of your guess was right. This part:

Finally I got something right.

BTW one e-tailer has it listed on their site for $34.95 and they are usually one of the cheaper places to buy.

Anssi Manninen
11-20-2006, 11:20 AM
What is the source of protein..?

Twin Peak
11-20-2006, 11:31 AM
What is the source of protein..?

Not yet disclosed. Everything (literally) will be disclosed on 12/1.

Though I can affirmatively say that this is one area of the formula that I expect you will criticize. I expect you will be impressed with the rest.

For those of you paying attention, that is a hint.

Krissypoo
11-20-2006, 11:35 AM
Though I can affirmatively say that this is one area of the formula that I expect you will criticize.
Really? I would have expected more critism from the carb source rather than the protein source. Shall be interesting to see what people think of it and why they don't like it.

Twin Peak
11-20-2006, 11:40 AM
Really? I would have expected more critism from the carb source rather than the protein source.

Not from Anssi.

Giggety Giggety
11-20-2006, 11:41 AM
Its soy isn't it

Anssi Manninen
11-20-2006, 11:49 AM
Not yet disclosed. Everything (literally) will be disclosed on 12/1.

Though I can affirmatively say that this is one area of the formula that I expect you will criticize. I expect you will be impressed with the rest.

For those of you paying attention, that is a hint.

Okey.. I got it :)

PS. Guys, recommend some decent carb-free EEA mixture..? Edit: I already found two: Purple stuff and Champions Shooter..

Twin Peak
11-20-2006, 11:55 AM

PS. Guys, recommend some decent carb-free EEA mixture..?

The only one I have ever used has carbs and that is Vendetta.

Doughboy
11-20-2006, 11:56 AM

PS. Guys, recommend some decent carb-free EEA mixture..? Edit: I already found two: Purple stuff and Champions Shooter..

www.blackstarlabs.com has eaa with their world famous flavoring.

Anssi Manninen
11-20-2006, 11:56 AM
Its soy isn't it

Yes, the main source of protein is a old-school soy concentrate with 30 % of carbs.. Super-hyper gastrointestinal discomfort guaranteed! :D

Anssi Manninen
11-20-2006, 11:59 AM
www.blackstarlabs.com has eaa with their world famous flavoring.
Thanks. I was not familiar with that company.

Doughboy
11-20-2006, 12:09 PM
I am thinking it could be a mix of wpi/wpc but no hydro whey.

Or it can be mpi maybe with some hydro whey?

I dunno, i am looking at Alan's post workout tips for clues :)

Twin Peak
11-20-2006, 12:12 PM
I am thinking it could be a mix of wpi/wpc but no hydro whey.

Hmmm....

I dunno, i am looking at Alan's post workout tips for clues :)

Never read that, guess I should.

G.W. Hayduke
11-20-2006, 12:18 PM
Hydrolyzed micellar casein! Booyah gramma!

UHCougar05
11-20-2006, 12:22 PM
Hydrolyzed micellar casein! Booyah gramma!To hide the flavor of that would be true innovation. :D :cool:

RenegadeRows
11-20-2006, 12:58 PM
Then you will really like the new ones.

WooHoo!

Doughboy
11-20-2006, 01:00 PM
OK I am going to say its a mix of casein and WPI. Maybe 30 grams total.

uhockey
11-20-2006, 03:49 PM
There is no casein.
That is all.

G.W. Hayduke
11-20-2006, 03:50 PM
Then I was right with the egg protein. Booyah gramma!

Edit: I know what you guys did... you made a breakfast powder. Oats and eggs... what else? Bacon? Orange juice?

:D;)

uhockey
11-20-2006, 03:59 PM
Aeter, no offense, but you're so far off, and aside from des/ness's little......whatever......in the middle of the thread, we've managed to keep this relatively on topic.

Thanks.

G.W. Hayduke
11-20-2006, 04:04 PM
So far then these proteins are struck from the list:

--Casein
--Whey
--buckwheat
--egg
--soy
--EAA

I don't know what's left. Man, this really is going to be a surprise. And uhockey, I commend you for keeping this thread on topic so well. You can have a gold star for the day! :)

Robboe
11-20-2006, 04:06 PM

I think there is a carb-free All in One by Ergopharm. Also, Primaforce recently released Primal EAAs.