PDA

View Full Version : Critique New Keto Dieter Diet

GJWrestle878
10-11-2006, 12:03 PM
Hello guys, I need to loose weight, and fast unfortunatly. I waited too long to cut and the wrestling season is now upon me. I am around 16% bf and i need to be around 8%. Here is my diet:

Meal 1
2 whole eggs
2 slices reg. bacon
2 oz. reg. cheese

pills: 2 fish caps, AST multi, Chondrotin Glucosamine MSM, 2 green tea caps, 1 vitamin e cap

Meal 2
1.5 cups romaine lettuce
1 chicken breast
2 tbsp. 0 carb full fat parmesan cheese
4 tbsp. 0 carb full fat ranch dressing
3 fish caps

Meal 3
2 whole eggs
1.5 oz cheese
1.5 oz turkey
2 fish caps

Meal 4
1 full fat turkey burger (17g fat)
1 slices bacon
1 oz cheese
2 fish caps

Meal 5 (before bed)
1 scoop whey
1 tbsp. olive oil

totals: about 1700 cals, 110g fat, 11 carbs, and 160g protein

and on workout days (m,t,th,f) i have a shake immediatly after of 1.5 scoops whey and 2 tbsp. dextrose which equals 24g carbs ad 36g pro and 1g fat.

Does this look good for getting into ketosis?

thanks a lot peeps

Dirty Shoez
10-11-2006, 12:06 PM
Should work great. Make sure you're eating that 5 times a day though, and a just few hours apart (not 4-5+).

Eileen
10-11-2006, 12:39 PM
Looking very good. A little high on protein, low on fat, but perhaps you have a reason for that? Lots more veg would improve it. You can use spinach as a salad if you like.

GJWrestle878
10-11-2006, 02:22 PM
Looking very good. A little high on protein, low on fat, but perhaps you have a reason for that? Lots more veg would improve it. You can use spinach as a salad if you like.

They still dont sell spinach at my grocery store so i have been eating romaine lettuce since i guess that is the next best thing. About the fat, how much more do u think i need. Thanks. Any suggestions are welcome.

Eileen
10-11-2006, 02:48 PM
A good starting point is 65% of calories from fat. Work out your lean mass, and eat that number of grams of protein, and assume that is 30% of your calories, so you can work out the rest from there.

Broccoli, chard, kale, cabbage, cauliflower, mustard greens, turnip tops, beetroot tops, green beans, asparagus, celery, fennel.....