PDA

View Full Version : Favorite Match

thegamecdr
01-25-2003, 08:26 PM
I'm not asking what you feel the best match is, what the most technically sound match is, what the best high-flying match is....

Simply, what is your favorite wrestling match of all time?
I know it's tough to pick one, but try!!

Myself, the Triple Threat Steel Cage Match between Mankind, The Rock, and Ken Shamrock from IYH: Breakdown 1999.

8 pak man
01-25-2003, 08:30 PM
Hulk Hogan vs. Andre the Giant lol actually i dont watch much wrestling or i might know the good matches

Bignbuff
01-25-2003, 09:13 PM
There are tons. I personally loved the Rock vs. Hogan though at WM. The match wasn't great. But the crowd made it a classic.

Morpheus
01-26-2003, 06:41 AM
I got heaps, but Stone Cold vs Undertake First Blood Match

THE LAD
01-26-2003, 08:09 AM
I havent seen all that much wrestling, but the cell match between undertaker and mankind was pretty cool.
that ladder match between benoit/jericho was pretty cool too. when benoit came flying through the ropes and jericho smacked him the head w/ a chair, fukkin sick!!

TESTOSTERONE
01-26-2003, 08:14 AM
Jimmy superfly Snuka vs Ivan Putski (the polish hammer) or...
The Iron Shiek vs Sargent Slaughter

thegamecdr
01-26-2003, 10:35 AM
Originally posted by Morpheus
I got heaps, but Stone Cold vs Undertake First Blood Match

The one at Fully Loaded where if Undertaker wins, Austin is never allowed to be champ again, and if Austin wins, Vinny Mac goes bye bye.

I was there :D :D

thegamecdr
01-26-2003, 10:36 AM
Originally posted by TESTOSTERONE
Jimmy superfly Snuka vs Ivan Putski (the polish hammer) or...
The Iron Shiek vs Sargent Slaughter

:eek: ...

goblin6
01-26-2003, 12:57 PM
First Hell in Cell, Taker and HBK and the second with Foley. The first TLC match that was badass, Edge and Christian, hardys and the Dudleys, awesome match.

LETHAL BURN
01-26-2003, 02:40 PM
ANGLE AND BENOIT.....NO MATCHES IN HISTORY COMES CLOSE TO THOSE TWO! These guys are the best technical wrestler to ever step in the sqared circle! Jim Ross is on record to say that Benoit and Angles matches are the best technical masterpiece in the history of professional wrestling. He also is on record saying that Angle and Benoit are the two best technical wrestlers ever to lace the boots.

Here is the best mathes i think IMO.not in order
1)jushin "thunder"lyger vs. pegusus kid(benoit) in japan
2) all angle benoit matches
3)hogan vs andre WM III- first match I ever saw and theone that made me a Hulkamaniac and got me in the gym.
4) macho man vs. ricky steamboat...I think it was WMIII also
5)jushin "thunder" lyger vs. Hayabusa (great matches)

THERE IS JUST SOO MANY!

BigKazWSM747
01-26-2003, 03:10 PM
My personal favorite is tied between Stone Cold Steve Austin vs. Chris Benoit on Smackdown about a year ago and a match awhile back with HHH vs. The Rock with HBK as the guest ref. (it was on smackdown i believe.) HBK vs. Undertaker HIAC was great too. I never cared much for the 2nd one. As Mic Foley put it the title No Sell in a Cell would have been a better name.

devl
01-26-2003, 08:10 PM
Anything between Dynamite and Tiger Mask.

Al_Bundy
01-27-2003, 03:19 AM
Taker vs Triple H, WrestleMania X7
Any of the Angle vs Shane McMahon or Angle vs Benoit matches
The Armageddon Hell in a Cell match
Foley vs Taker, Hell in a Cell
Any of the Dude Love vs Owen Hart stinkers, funny **** :D

ccw wrestling
01-27-2003, 08:05 PM
HBK vs. Mankind at mind games
AJ Style vs. Donovan Morgan from Super 8 tourney, great match, not WWE

Last but not least the masterpiece that was the iron man match Between HBK and Bret Hart at wrestlemania

joe78
01-28-2003, 05:16 PM
I really liked the main event Wrestlemania match between Autin and Bret Hart.

On a side note, that Steiner-HHH match at Royal Rumble was such a letdown.

Morpheus
01-29-2003, 05:04 AM
Originally posted by thegamecdr
The one at Fully Loaded where if Undertaker wins, Austin is never allowed to be champ again, and if Austin wins, Vinny Mac goes bye bye.

I was there :D :D

Excellent! \m/

It would have been a great match to watch in person.

gAMeCiCleZ
01-30-2003, 12:44 PM
Originally posted by Morpheus
Excellent! \m/

It would have been a great match to watch in person.

It was insane being there live for that one!

rottie
01-30-2003, 12:50 PM
My favorite match of all time was an old match I saw on a tape called the concession stand stomp. There were two teams of 3, one of the teams was lead by Jerry "The King" Lawler, and the other was lead by Joe LeDuc (couldhave even been all three LeDuc brothers.. been a long time)

Anyways they started in the ring, it was basically a no holds barred street fight. They left the ring, fighting all up thru the stands ( a guy actually hit LeDuc, and LeDuc Knocked him down)
They fought out into the corridors of the arena, and ended up in one of the concession stands. They were hitting each other over the head with cups of pop ( :rolleyes: yeah like that would hurt)

Then the King grabbed a honkin big jar of mustard.. one of them glass ones, and turned around and smashed Joe right suare in the forehead with it. t broke and there was mustard, and hot dogs, and chips everywhere. LeDuc went down like he had been shot, and Lawler pinned him on the counter.

Great match :D

thegamecdr
01-30-2003, 01:07 PM
Originally posted by rottie
My favorite match of all time was an old match I saw on a tape called the concession stand stomp. There were two teams of 3, one of the teams was lead by Jerry "The King" Lawler, and the other was lead by Joe LeDuc (couldhave even been all three LeDuc brothers.. been a long time)

Anyways they started in the ring, it was basically a no holds barred street fight. They left the ring, fighting all up thru the stands ( a guy actually hit LeDuc, and LeDuc Knocked him down)
They fought out into the corridors of the arena, and ended up in one of the concession stands. They were hitting each other over the head with cups of pop ( :rolleyes: yeah like that would hurt)

Then the King grabbed a honkin big jar of mustard.. one of them glass ones, and turned around and smashed Joe right suare in the forehead with it. t broke and there was mustard, and hot dogs, and chips everywhere. LeDuc went down like he had been shot, and Lawler pinned him on the counter.

Great match :D

Rottie, you know the first thing I'm doing when I get back from class is going to be to go on Ebay and try to find that tape :D

soleus
01-30-2003, 05:22 PM
Austin vs Hart was not the main event at WM13..but it was a good match nontheless.

Best match?

Hogan vs Rusty Brooks at a Superstars of Wrestling match in the mind 80s. Hogan even had to "Hulk" up to beat him. Wow...still sends tingles down my spine.

stone fox
02-01-2003, 11:26 AM
in no particular order

steamboat v savage wm3

hulk v giant wm 3

hbk at 95 royal rumble (wat an ending)

bret hart v scsa wm13

angle v shano mac kotr 2001

hbk v taker at bad blood

hogan v rock wm 17

here's one thats over looked because of its mid card status

but does anyone remember the first match between jeff hardy and RVD at invasion???????/that was awesome

ELOH
02-01-2003, 01:42 PM
HOGAN VS ANDRE at WrestleMania III

EdselTrump
02-02-2003, 03:01 PM
Al Snow vs. The Big Bossman: HELL IN A KENNEL MATCH! Or whatever the Hell that atrocity was called. :D

LETHAL BURN
02-02-2003, 04:05 PM
BUMP ON HOGAN VS THE GIANT!

chris008
02-03-2003, 07:58 AM
Ric flair vs Terry funk (I quit match)
HHH VS cactus Jack (street fight)
Rob Van Dam VS Jerr Lynn (ECW)
Kurt Angle VS Shane M. (no rules)
Mankind VS undertaker (hell in the cell)
Chris Benoit VS the Rock (pay per view 2000)
Any Kurt Angle and Chris Benoit matches
Rey misterio VS phychosis (ECW)
Shawn Michaels VS Bret Hart (ironman match)

Too may to list

chris008
02-03-2003, 07:59 AM
Originally posted by EdselTrump
Al Snow vs. The Big Bossman: HELL IN A KENNEL MATCH! Or whatever the Hell that atrocity was called. :D
Best match in history. :D

thegamecdr
02-03-2003, 09:43 AM
I don't know what part of pick one match some of you guys didn't understand ;)

joe78
02-06-2003, 10:06 AM
Originally posted by soleus
Austin vs Hart was not the main event at WM13..but it was a good match nontheless.

Damn, you're right, and I pride myself on my wrestling knowledge! :)

soleus
02-06-2003, 10:20 PM
Joe

Looking back at WM13 it should have been the main event. Undertaker vs Sid was pathetic.

Kaddi
02-08-2003, 08:31 AM
Hulk Hogan VS The ultimate warrior, the best match i ever saw as a kid. I dont remember the specifics but at the time it was this huge blow out, all kinds of crazy stuff.