PDA

View Full Version : Keto and Steamroom

DoubleWide
09-19-2006, 04:42 AM
Tried searching. This may be a stupid question, but here it goes. Would using a steamroom affect keto?

jaim91
09-19-2006, 05:19 AM
I wouldn't think so. But you're already losing a lot of water because the protein makes you pee a lot, so be careful. Maybe bring a water bottle in with you

msundi83
09-19-2006, 06:38 AM
how do you mean would it affect keto? The steam room doesn't really affect how you use food too much. Like jaim91 said these type of diets are diuretic in nature so you might dehydrate yourself. I wouldn't suggest using a sauna too much anyways. The only reason to use it is precontest really. Why are you using it...just like it?

DoubleWide
09-19-2006, 05:02 PM
I figured it might be a stupid question, but I thought maybe sweating that much would lower the ketones in your body or something and the body wouldn't stay in ketosis. Thanks for answering.

I don't like saunas, but love wet steamrooms. It helps with soreness and helps relax you. Also if I get greasy feeling or just feel kinda disgusting, the steamroom just sweats that feeling away. It's supposed to help with weight beyond the obvious water weight, but I haven't had a controlled diet plan before to really judge that myself. If it had affected keto, I'd probably have dropped keto for the steamroom :)

msundi83
09-19-2006, 05:06 PM
pretty much the only things that can affect ketosis involve nutrition. Steamrooms are fine for relaxation and loosing water weight. The do hardly anything for burning calories though. You burn more calories when you are cold. When your hot your body just sweats. I know what you mean though, they do feel good.