PDA

View Full Version : Escalating Density Training

sloshy
09-09-2006, 08:03 PM
Has anyone here tried EDT it's meant to be really effective for gaining mass. For those unfamiliar with it the principles are as follows.

-You have a set time interval (2x20 minutes) in which you complete as many reps as possible for a particular exercise
-This is done over several sets and usually with a relatively light weight to begin with
-The following week the goal is to break the previous weeks rep record
-As long as every week you continue to increase the number of reps in the same time interval you will continue to gain mass.

Here's the link (http://www.t-nation.com/readTopic.do?id=459765) for those who are interested in reading further about the program. I look forward to hearing people's opinions.

John Prophet
09-09-2006, 08:15 PM
seems worth trying to me...seems it would especially work for arms

my only issue would be keping up with counting the reps etc, lol...surely id lose count somehow

sloshy
09-11-2006, 09:16 AM
bump

Lencho
09-11-2006, 09:45 AM
I've tried Phase II. It was split into three 15 min. zones rather than two 20 min. zones. I liked it okay, but I had to use Hammer Strength and other machines since I workout alone.

Basically, I found my 10RM on all exercises and then did as many sets of 5 reps as I could, back and forth, non-stop. When I couldn't get five reps, I would drop down to four, and so on.

I would recommend EDT to someone who wants to put on some mass, but just from reading, HST seems better. I have nothing to base this on, because I've never run HST. It's just a feeling I've got.

And yes, John, keeping up with the rep count while doing a non-stop 15 minute superset is a bitch. :D

I've attached a text file that shows the exercises I used. I ran this for four weeks. This is converted from Excel, so it might be a little difficult to follow due to formatting.

Kane Fan
09-11-2006, 08:25 PM
that sounds not dissimilar to the arm workout I mention in my sig actually