PDA

View Full Version : World of Warcraft

bkorv
08-22-2006, 01:02 AM
This game is seriously addictive! I used to laugh at the hype and the geeks that played it, and i have never played games online, but i tried it yesterday at a friends computer. He has been playing for over a year and always talk about it so i just had to try it. I am seriously hooked just after an hour of testing it, i have to buy it!

Any other world of warcraft fans here?

sHaDyOneDeath
08-22-2006, 01:47 AM
waste of time.

It would be cool if you could win money and ****...but why? Just to level up to lvl 60? Then what? Fight other people? Then what? THEN WHAT!!?

Nothing. Exactly.

ThatDarnDavidKi11111
08-22-2006, 01:52 AM
waste of time.

It would be cool if you could win money and ****...but why? Just to level up to lvl 60? Then what? Fight other people? Then what? THEN WHAT!!?

Nothing. Exactly.

you sell your account for 500+ bucks. yes i have sold my accounts b4 yes i do make money doing. yes your an ignorant fool for throwing out a completly uneducated post. next time if your gonna post on somthing you dont know about do research.

also after your lvl 60 you can do 40 man raids in multiple different instances (dungens) keep getting better and better gear untill the expansion. and yes fight other people.

BigDreams21
08-22-2006, 01:55 AM
Damn.. this game is still popular? A group of guys in my 2004 graduating class were obsessed with it during senior year. I'm surprised to hear it's still going strong. When's the new one come out? Seems like they're due.

sHaDyOneDeath
08-22-2006, 01:57 AM
500$? Are you ****en kidding me?

I call Bull****. Show me proof.

Why the **** would people buy that **** when they can make their own?

BigDreams21
08-22-2006, 01:58 AM

Because it takes sooooooo much damn time to level up that much.

BigDreams21
08-22-2006, 01:59 AM
Because it takes sooooooo much damn time to level up that much.
http://cgi.ebay.com/WOW-World-of-Warcraft-60-Druid-Rare-Endgame-Character_W0QQitemZ180020898975QQihZ008QQcategoryZ 4596QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

ivanthegreat
08-22-2006, 01:59 AM
My "friend" more so roomate now has been hooked for over a year. I haven't seen him for over a week and he's in the room next to me. He talks to his warcraft buddies all day and night.

He has sporatic sleeping patterns. Doesn't hang out anymore or contribute to anything in the house. All his time and energy is devoted to the game. It's sad really.

I highly suggest you don't start playing if you value your time.

BigDreams21
08-22-2006, 02:01 AM
My "friend" more so roomate now has been hooked for over a year. I haven't seen him for over a week and he's in the room next to me. He talks to his warcraft buddies all day and night.

He has sporatic sleeping patterns. Doesn't hang out anymore or contribute to anything in the house. All his time and energy is devoted to the game. It's sad really.

Yeah... the addictions people get to some of these games are sick.

People have killed themselves over Everquest characters before.

sHaDyOneDeath
08-22-2006, 02:02 AM
0 bids.

Hmmm

ThatDarnDavidKi11111
08-22-2006, 02:04 AM
0 bids.

Hmmm

thats because there is 6 days left

sHaDyOneDeath
08-22-2006, 02:06 AM
I still think its a bad hobby.

And having a opinion doesnt make me an ignorant fool.
My cousin quit playing all those pc games and got a life and thats what he told me.

Its a pointless pass-time activity.

BigDreams21
08-22-2006, 02:11 AM
If you become addicted... then yeah that sucks.

I'm damn glad I haven't been into these games since I was about 15 or 16.

ThatDarnDavidKi11111
08-22-2006, 02:15 AM
I still think its a bad hobby.

And having a opinion doesnt make me an ignorant fool.
My cousin quit playing all those pc games and got a life and thats what he told me.

Its a pointless pass-time activity.

so its your cousins opinion not yours because you havent actualy played it? your using a third person opinion as your own? i would say thats ignorant.

you can have a life and play it too. basicly to be good in warcraft all you have to do is be able to read and dont become disracted by the other players. I dont play anymore though, I gave my last lvl 60 to my friend on the condition that he paid for the monthly fee and i got to play whenever i wanted.

free warcraft, a fun game that i play when im bored. doesnt seem pointless to me

bdammel
08-22-2006, 02:16 AM
Well since it is your first time playing, it should be fun and addicting. But when you've been playing since open beta, and have seen every patch...you realize how ****ty the game has become. It isn't fun and isn't worth the time.

FIVE OAKES
08-22-2006, 02:16 AM
It can be addictive, but only if you let it. A friend of mine spends countless hours playing - he even stood me up for playing pool once because he got the opportunity to play a dungeon in the game - It's affecting his marriage, his real-life friends, his health - pretty pathetic. I've been playing the game for about 4 months and only play on the weekends and maybe an hour or two during the week - just like any other video game. No way in hell I'd let it affect my real social life or training.

It's the people who already had no social life and spent all their time on video games/internet that really get addicted. There have even been a couple of cases of people dying because they didn't eat, sleep, or go to the bathroom while playing - now that's a strong video game.

ThatDarnDavidKi11111
08-22-2006, 02:20 AM
Well since it is your first time playing, it should be fun and addicting. But when you've been playing since open beta, and have seen every patch...you realize how ****ty the game has become. It isn't fun and isn't worth the time.

i agree... ****ing battle grounds

i loved it when everyone would gather at tarren mills and have an all out war. thats how the game was intended to be played, jumping people and gang wars.

BigDreams21
08-22-2006, 02:20 AM
This thread is becoming a little sickening. :cool:

ThatDarnDavidKi11111
08-22-2006, 02:21 AM
It can be addictive, but only if you let it. A friend of mine spends countless hours playing - he even stood me up for playing pool once because he got the opportunity to play a dungeon in the game - It's affecting his marriage, his real-life friends, his health - pretty pathetic. I've been playing the game for about 4 months and only play on the weekends and maybe an hour or two during the week - just like any other video game. No way in hell I'd let it affect my real social life or training.

It's the people who already had no social life and spent all their time on video games/internet that really get addicted. There have even been a couple of cases of people dying because they didn't eat, sleep, or go to the bathroom while playing - now that's a strong video game.

these are the queers that get into the roleplaying servers though

Wheyhem.
08-22-2006, 02:33 AM
sounds like a pretty good game

Axex
08-22-2006, 02:33 AM
Dude people have payed thousands for a high level runescape account. Here's just one of the many.
http://cgi.ebay.com/level-124-runescape-account-cash-and-items_W0QQitemZ290021338890QQihZ019QQcategoryZ9084 5QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Delta1
08-22-2006, 03:01 AM
to the person who "calls bull****" on the fact that you can sell an account for 500-1000 dollars, go to ebay and search World of Warcraft lvl 60. You will see if its bull**** or not. And why does it cost taht much? because first off, it takes an insane amount of time to get to lvl 60, second of all some lvl 60 characters have epic or legendary items (extremely rare items). This is how rare one of those items are; when you fight a boss (takes 40 people to kill a boss), they have a .001% chance of dropping a part of the item you want (mind you this is only one part of the item, you have to find the other parts of the item and then put them together). You are only allowed to fight that boss 2 times a month, and its equally as hard getting the rest of the parts for the item. And these accounts include multiple epics and legendary items. I used to watch my little brothe play once in a while and he always talked about how hard it was to get some items, and i asked exactly how hard it was and he told me. But i got him to stop playing after 3 or 4 months. And now i got him into weight lifting. lol im soo proud of him.

Goofxta
08-22-2006, 03:10 AM
Anyone remember how addictive Diablo II was? Blizzard have a knack for things like this.

timbo81
08-22-2006, 03:18 AM
Even if you did sell you account though you wouldn't get back much comapred to the time invested.

I play it, looking forward to the xpack.

Delta1
08-22-2006, 03:19 AM
^i never played diablo 2 but my brother and some of my friends did. All they would talk about at school, at movies, and when we're out is diablo 2. Man was i annoyed lol.

_AdaM_
08-22-2006, 03:28 AM
Runescape + WoW isn't my type of game. Plus I would never pay monthly fee to play online, hell they expect me to pay $30 for a game and something like $7-$10 each month. Thats $84-$120 per year. which is 0.525% - 0.75% of my yearly wage. Phhfff.... :D

Swole4Life
08-22-2006, 04:13 AM
Damn.. this game is still popular? A group of guys in my 2004 graduating class were obsessed with it during senior year. I'm surprised to hear it's still going strong. When's the new one come out? Seems like they're due.

Diablo 2 Expansion is still going strong.. thats what, 2000?

Starcraft Brood War is still going strong.. thats what? Like 1997??

Blizzard makes crack...

louisdorkman
08-22-2006, 04:16 AM
this game can seriously ruin your life no joke if you have a life to begin with. if you have a girlfriend or married with kids i highly recommend you not to play. to get good armor and weapons you MUST run dungeon raids with 39 other members and there's a set schedule. Dungeon raids takes around 3 to 8 hours depending on how good your group is. That's 3 to 8 hours about 3 or more times a week glued to the computer straight. Yes you can sell your account for $500 or more if your character is good. In Ultima Online I sold my account for $2,000. In the game Second Life some people make a career out of it and make up to 250k a year. If you sell gold you can be a millionaire (which is hard to do cause you have to have connections in china or india).

anyways..the point of my post is DO NOT PLAY ANY MMORPG! =)

falconXR
08-22-2006, 04:18 AM

Hey mate, what times dinner?? Oh no time now... a wars about to begin.

Talk to you in a few days...

Mikeo
08-22-2006, 04:30 AM
hell they expect me to pay $30 for a game and something like $7-$10 each month. Thats $84-$120 per year. which is 0.525% - 0.75% of my yearly wage. Phhfff.... :D

I thought the same way before I played it, after I played it I realised I wont need no other game for many months yet, its that good. You would spend that on 4 average games in a year anyway, say once every 3 months. You pay for quality :) and yes..... the addiction is getting a hold of me :mad:

Delta1
08-22-2006, 04:42 AM
Mikeo stop playing now!! before its too late !!

Swole4Life
08-22-2006, 04:49 AM
I thought the same way before I played it, after I played it I realised I wont need no other game for many months yet, its that good. You would spend that on 4 average games in a year anyway, say once every 3 months. You pay for quality :) and yes..... the addiction is getting a hold of me :mad:

good luck...

goodbye lifts.. :D

BigDreams21
08-22-2006, 10:46 AM

Blizzard makes crack...
Damn...

Aameiel
08-22-2006, 10:55 AM
i have a lvl 56 hunter named aameiel on sen'jen holla if ya hear me

Guest6666
08-22-2006, 11:01 AM
I used to play it..to be good at it all you have to do is play it all the ****ing time and get good gear..Battlegrounds are ****e aswell, the best part of the game was levelling up when the game was new and jumpin people at tarren mill, and the warzone that was Stranglethorn Vale..

Once you're level 60 you can do 40 man dungeons which are boring as **** and take a few hours to do..zzzz

I sold my account once i had been level 60 for a few months, because i was bored.

BigDreams21
08-22-2006, 11:06 AM
I used to play it..to be good at it all you have to do is play it all the ****ing time and get good gear..Battlegrounds are ****e aswell, the best part of the game was levelling up when the game was new and jumpin people at tarren mill, and the warzone that was Stranglethorn Vale..

Once you're level 60 you can do 40 man dungeons which are boring as **** and take a few hours to do..zzzz

I sold my account once i had been level 60 for a few months, because i was bored.
How much did you get for it? Just curious.

Guest6666
08-22-2006, 11:16 AM
How much did you get for it? Just curious.

Angelfish
08-24-2006, 09:42 PM
I play too and yeah it can be pretty addictive. I really like the Auction House and would spend quite a bit of time buying and selling - HUGE time sink. I will admit there was a time where I spending far too long online and when I was participating in real life my mind was definately ingame.

Now I focus on balance, I realised I was spending far to much time and brain power making a pixelated 'me' better when I could be making the REAL me better. I still play for fun but limited to a couple of hours weeknights if I don't have anything else more compelling. Its a great game, and have met some pretty cool people through it but real life wins over WoW time everytime.

BuildUpNow
08-24-2006, 09:45 PM
Dunno, i played at my friends house and i didnt like it, he is also gonna sell his acc for 2000 bucks and quit lol.

ClearlyCanadian
08-24-2006, 09:52 PM
I've been playing since release. I play maybe 8-10 hours a week. I do the 40man dungeons and w/e have a good character. I lift 3 times a week play soccer 5 times a week (12 hours total) go to school and have a life. So it is possible. I do have to agree tho its extremenly addictive

Shiden11
08-24-2006, 10:03 PM
It seems like a lot of people that play Warcraft are members of the Balls Deep Crew. Coincidence? I think not.

And by the way, selling an account for $500 is nice. Until you realize you made about $0.25 an hour off the deal. You could have mowed lawns and made a lot more money and had a much better workout.

kendog
08-24-2006, 10:07 PM
Wow that game takes up SO MUCH TIME. Everything is so god damn SLOW. AHHHHHHHH, I feel like pulling my hair out thinking about it. Maybe on the weekends, otherwise it consumes too much life.

BigDreams21
08-24-2006, 10:08 PM
It seems like a lot of people that play Warcraft are members of the Balls Deep Crew. Coincidence? I think not.

And by the way, selling an account for $500 is nice. Until you realize you made about $0.25 an hour off the deal. You could have mowed lawns and made a lot more money and had a much better workout.

http://img209.imageshack.us/img209/9947/goodpointwo4.jpg

BuildUpNow
08-24-2006, 10:29 PM

Blizzard makes crack...
true.

Casca
08-24-2006, 10:30 PM

Yah, but you are taking a passtime that the person is doing for fun and comparing it to work. Not a good comparison.

It's like going, getting $500 for all the time you have spent jerking off is nice. Until you realize that that only works out to $0.25 per masterbation. You could have mowed lawns and made a lot more money.

Point is, you were gonna jerk off anyway.

Shiden11
08-24-2006, 10:43 PM
Yah, but you are taking a passtime that the person is doing for fun and comparing it to work. Not a good comparison.

It's like going, getting $500 for all the time you have spent jerking off is nice. Until you realize that that only works out to $0.25 per masterbation. You could have mowed lawns and made a lot more money.

Point is, you were gonna jerk off anyway, but now someone is paying you a little bit of money back for you time.

I see your point but I'm not really trying to compare it to work. I just don't like how people try to justify all the time spent in game by making it sound profitable.

Toxic Panda
08-24-2006, 10:46 PM
There are these group of guy at my work who live and die by WoW. Ehy come into work every morning like Zombies because they had been running around a fake world with 10 year old boys all night, with there Red Bulls, chatting about how they Slayed the Lord Of Grathasius and earned the Yellow Sweater of Athenia, and how cool it was and how awesome it was.

amjzzz
08-24-2006, 11:08 PM
I was just looking at the prices. Realistically, the people who are selling their accounts for over $200 spent 50-500 of hours on their characters, were in a good raid guild , and have been paying the monthly $14.95? for months and spent $50 for the account. If you had fun playing the game then it's just a bonus to be able to sell your char at the end.

If you don't have all the epics from doing end game raids (groups of 40 people), then the accounts aren't worth anything. (Maybe $10?)

amjzzz
08-24-2006, 11:09 PM
There are these group of guy at my work who live and die by WoW. Ehy come into work every morning like Zombies because they had been running around a fake world with 10 year old boys all night, with there Red Bulls, chatting about how they Slayed the Lord Of Grathasius and earned the Yellow Sweater of Athenia, and how cool it was and how awesome it was.

This is pretty accurate :)

Toxic Panda
08-24-2006, 11:10 PM
How about speding some of that money to hire someone to be your real life friend.

OmniPotentTitan
08-24-2006, 11:13 PM
you sell your account for 500+ bucks. yes i have sold my accounts b4 yes i do make money doing. yes your an ignorant fool for throwing out a completly uneducated post. next time if your gonna post on somthing you dont know about do research.

also after your lvl 60 you can do 40 man raids in multiple different instances (dungens) keep getting better and better gear untill the expansion. and yes fight other people.
LOL, my buddy says that too, and ya, do you realize how many hours you play? if you dedicated yourself to working, you would be making at least 2x at MINIMUM WAGE. have fun wasting your life.

louisdorkman
08-24-2006, 11:13 PM
Katie from Kate's Playground plays WoW...so does Vin Deisel...and a few other famous people. People started to harrass Katie though..it was so sad...guys with characters named "WhatTheHoof" and stuff. Nice way to scare a pretty girl away from a game and leave yourself with a buncha fatties.

BigDreams21
08-24-2006, 11:19 PM
I'd do her.

Toxic Panda
08-24-2006, 11:20 PM
The arguments WoW players use for there sick obsessive playing is down right hilarious.

ArchDukeOfTops
08-24-2006, 11:20 PM
any game that makes you distinguish things that happen in 'real life' from another life on a computer is a problem.

Don't get me wrong, I play video games, but for hours a week? That **** ain't good.

How many kids out there can school you in madden but can't hit the side of a barn with a football? Sad really. Not to metion a guy who won't leave the house and can't get laid because he's trying to level up a character.

As long as it can be done in moderation its fine, but I've seen too many people become consumed by games, especially games like WoW.

BuildUpNow
08-24-2006, 11:28 PM
Katie from Kate's Playground plays WoW...so does Vin Deisel...and a few other famous people. People started to harrass Katie though..it was so sad...guys with characters named "WhatTheHoof" and stuff. Nice way to scare a pretty girl away from a game and leave yourself with a buncha fatties.
i think its just a lie to make WoW seem cool.

ThatDarnDavidKi11111
08-24-2006, 11:31 PM
haha i just got done playing

ChefPhalBignuts
08-24-2006, 11:37 PM
i think its just a lie to make WoW seem cool.
No she really does. There is a video of it on that gay youtube site

thirsty4chicken
08-24-2006, 11:40 PM
There was a guy in my dorm with a 0.8 GPA - he was so proud he put it on his door - because of that game. When he reached level 60, he went absolutely nuts - he basically sent yelling and screaming "YEEEEEAAAAAAASSSSSS" through the whole dorm in the middle of the night and woke everyone up. Someone videotaped it, and it got like 450,000 views on Youtube before it was taken off.

Later on that year, another guy in the same hall was placed on academic probation because he failed all his classes, also because of WOW.

I've also met a couple guys who had to go to a community college instead of UCSD and UCLA because they failed all their highschool classes while playing WOW.

WOW takes lives.

Toxic Panda
08-24-2006, 11:46 PM
Darwinism

ThatDarnDavidKi11111
08-24-2006, 11:48 PM

yea but is mowing lawns fun? no

im getting paid to play video games i would play if i didnt get paid. its win win! even if it is .25 an hour.

BigDreams21
08-24-2006, 11:50 PM
yea but is mowing lawns fun? no

im getting paid to play video games i would play id i didnt get paid. its win win! even if it is .25 an hour.
http://img209.imageshack.us/img209/9947/goodpointwo4.jpg

BuildUpNow
08-24-2006, 11:50 PM
There is a possibility that they could be acting it.

OmniPotentTitan
08-24-2006, 11:51 PM
you believe that bs ? its more likely a marketting tool
lol !

The arguments WoW players use for there sick obsessive playing is down right hilarious.
isnt it disturbing ?

ThatDarnDavidKi11111
08-24-2006, 11:51 PM
anyways i have my **** together enough to know whats good for me. i simply play warcraft. some people watch tv. some people post on bb.com misc. some people read. i play warcraft. im not waisting my life away. im doing somthing fun that I enjoy.

Anyways, who says that someone who plays warcraft is worse then someone who doesnt "waist there life away" by going out drinking every night and partying.

ChefPhalBignuts
08-24-2006, 11:52 PM
There is a possibility that they could be acting it.
She seemed to know a lot about it

louisdorkman
08-24-2006, 11:52 PM
anyways i have my **** together enough to know whats good for me. i simply play warcraft. some people watch tv. some people post on bb.com misc. some people read. i play warcraft. im not waisting my life away. im doing somthing fun that I enjoy.

that's the same thing the crack whore down the street told me. i just told her to shut the fuk up and keep sucking.

OmniPotentTitan
08-24-2006, 11:54 PM
I can name 3 things that you can learn by posting in the misc, and you would have a hard time learning them elsewhere

and you post 3 things that can be learning in w.o.ww but you would have a hard time learning them elsewhere.

nieze_01
08-24-2006, 11:54 PM

I agree with your point but I still thought his post was funny. I sold 2 of my SWG account and made pretty good cash. Fun to pass the time, but you have to invest a lot of time into it = not worth it

ThatDarnDavidKi11111
08-24-2006, 11:59 PM
its not like you do it for a job.

i play for fun first then just sell the guy for alittle bonus.

your right its not worth it to do it to make money. but i dont do it just to make money.

Geekedout4BB
08-25-2006, 12:03 AM
I play WoW, and I think it's a cool game, albeit a bit of a hamster wheel, or "grind". That's how they keep ya' coming back and paying them $$.

I've played online games since .. I was about 16 and back when Ultima Online was the $hit (best MMOG ever). I had a big castle (tower, actually) in that game and I sold it on Ebay for $450 when I quit the game around 1999. There are entire companies dedicated to selling in-game stuff for real $$.. sometimes a LOT of real $$.

Online games are easy to become addicted to. They are sort of like their own drug and I wouldn't recommend them for anyone with an addictive personality. The people who become addicted, neglect their kids and their jobs, are the type of people who have problems in the first damn place.

People just can't keep $hit in perspective and that's where you run into problems. People whine and cry over not getting "phat lewt", getting owned in Player vs. Player combat (I love PVP) and general bickering amongst people who are SUPPOSED to be your "friends" but turn around and stab you in the back later. They are their own world of drama we all know people love drama... Ego's are huge issue too, AKA "E-peens"... it's pretty humorous sometimes, honestly.

Warcraft has over 6.5 million subscribers paying $15.00/mo. It's the most popular Massive Online Multiplayer Game in the world. I've played WoW since it's release in late 04' and I still go to the gym 3-5 days a week, work my normal job, have a social life a couple nights a week. I run a guild (clan, club, whatever you wanna call it) of about 70 people. We do the big "end game raids" with another guild of like-minded people, which consists of 40 people doing big dungeons twice a week for a few hours. The thing about my guild is we all realize it's a GAME and we're there to have fun. I stress the "be an adult, but have fun" factor and that's the sort of people I invite to my guild and it's been a good experience thus far - I've met some good people, IRL. It's just like any other social gathering, I think, just a bit of an odd setting.

If I had a steady g/f (go ahead, make fun!), I probably wouldn't play it that much, as it stands now, it fills my "spare" time and has for the past year and a half... who knows. I actually met a hot chick (who did online porn!) when I played UO. She ended up being a total slut and... we hit it off for a bit... I guess she like the fact I had a "big castle" in the game.. LOL..

Just remember, it's a game. Don't take it too seriously and you'll be fine. It's good to have a life outside of the game. I used to be a hard core powergaming addict in my prime, but you get older and realize what's important and what's not.

Toxic Panda
08-26-2006, 09:24 AM
One of the WoW players here at my job just stumbled in. He looks like he was doing heroine last night. Hes got a huge smile on his face. I guess he did some "Level 60 Battle" and got some Green Legins or something, and hes talking about it like its a life achievement.

I told him he's a sick idiot, he goes, you goto the gym thats just as sick as playing warcraft.

Once again... Darwinism.

ispy
08-26-2006, 09:39 AM
I quit playing videogames alltogether about a year or so ago. Couldn't be any happier. My original game of choice was Diablo2 + Expansion. I probably must have spent a total of 3 years playing that game (on and off).

Like some people say - yes, it's possible to make money from such games through EBay, but you have to invest lots of time in them (which to me is not worth it unless you're running a buy/re-sell business type of thing). Lots of people buy gold/ites/accounts at lower prices, and then re-sell it for higher.

After playing Diablo2 for so long, I kinda lost all interest in other games. Reason being that Diablo2 was easy to play, and easy to re-level if you didn't like your character. In this game you didn't have to have a fully leveled character to kill someone in a duel. Your items and set of skills played a bigger role. You could be a level 18 guy and with proper equipment you could kill level 70+ characters.

With games like World Of Warcraft, Dark Age of Camelot, Everquest, Lineage2, Guild Wars, etc., it gets boring fast. You kill lots of monsters over and over and you level very slow. I don't have time for that ****. This is the main reason I never joined any clans or anything like that in Diablo2. Because one day you're level 5, and when you take a few days off, your teammates are already 90 levels ahead of you, while you're stuck begging or help from stangers because the other guys are out doing team battles.

From what I've learned, MMORPGS in general are a waste of time, and most of the people that play these games are complete losers who like flexing their e-muscle behind their keyboards and monitors while they hide in their mommy's and daddy's basement.

OmniPotentTitan
08-26-2006, 11:55 PM
I quit playing videogames alltogether about a year or so ago. Couldn't be any happier. My original game of choice was Diablo2 + Expansion. I probably must have spent a total of 3 years playing that game (on and off).

Like some people say - yes, it's possible to make money from such games through EBay, but you have to invest lots of time in them (which to me is not worth it unless you're running a buy/re-sell business type of thing). Lots of people buy gold/ites/accounts at lower prices, and then re-sell it for higher.

After playing Diablo2 for so long, I kinda lost all interest in other games. Reason being that Diablo2 was easy to play, and easy to re-level if you didn't like your character. In this game you didn't have to have a fully leveled character to kill someone in a duel. Your items and set of skills played a bigger role. You could be a level 18 guy and with proper equipment you could kill level 70+ characters.

With games like World Of Warcraft, Dark Age of Camelot, Everquest, Lineage2, Guild Wars, etc., it gets boring fast. You kill lots of monsters over and over and you level very slow. I don't have time for that ****. This is the main reason I never joined any clans or anything like that in Diablo2. Because one day you're level 5, and when you take a few days off, your teammates are already 90 levels ahead of you, while you're stuck begging or help from stangers because the other guys are out doing team battles.

From what I've learned, MMORPGS in general are a waste of time, and most of the people that play these games are complete losers who like flexing their e-muscle behind their keyboards and monitors while they hide in their mommy's and daddy's basement.
we are all glad you quit bro !

Swole4Life
08-27-2006, 12:08 AM
you believe that bs ? its more likely a marketting tool
lol !

isnt it disturbing ?

vin diesel is obsessed with games, and plays dungeons and dragons... he is a big nerd..

as for Kate.. I'm gonna go ahead and guess Blizzard isn't paying an internet cock tease to advertise their game...

but I know for a fact Vinny is big on the video games...

acting is just another job, remember this, theyre still human.. its true!

OmniPotentTitan
08-27-2006, 01:01 AM
vin diesel is obsessed with games, and plays dungeons and dragons... he is a big nerd..

as for Kate.. I'm gonna go ahead and guess Blizzard isn't paying an internet cock tease to advertise their game...

but I know for a fact Vinny is big on the video games...

acting is just another job, remember this, theyre still human.. its true!
alright so you think playing wow all day will make you into a movie star ??

Ub3r-L33ch
08-27-2006, 01:09 AM
Get a life, go to school, get a job, something.

I for one am glad I quit playing crap like this and can go on with the real world.

Leaf12
08-27-2006, 01:45 AM

Anyways, who says that someone who plays warcraft is worse then someone who doesnt "waist there life away" by going out drinking every night and partying.

Your spelling is f*cking ridiculous. You're how old and you still can't spell?

If you are dyslexic, I apologize. If you are not dyslexic, well I would consider you a complete douchebag for even wasting your time on a computer game when you could be learning how to spell instead. Even if you are dyslexic, you can still go to dictionary.com to check if your words are spelled correctly.

BecauseYourFace
03-15-2011, 08:42 AM
So, finally tried it last week, been on it for a multiple hours now. Level 40, sooooo is it worth it to get the BC or Cata? What does it add?

mmmdeion
03-15-2011, 08:45 AM
So, finally tried it last week, been on it for a multiple hours now. Level 40, sooooo is it worth it to get the BC or Cata? What does it add?

lol, you seriously bumped this 5 year old thread??

Lpenny
03-15-2011, 08:46 AM
strong bump

Pitiful
03-15-2011, 08:47 AM
80 warrior, hunter, and mage. Going to buy cataclysm after my cut .

dmaaack
Thread Started: Year 2006

I wonder how many of previous posters that played WoW are still alive or have died of a coronary

Fennesz

easy, i sold my char for $400 just the other week, and have sold ones for $500+ in the past

that money does not even remotely make up for the lost time and money youve already spent on the game, though.

EDIT: **** im 5 years late

Selena_Gomez
03-15-2011, 08:48 AM

Well you'll need to get BC then WotLK then Cata. If not, you don't actually experience what the game has to offer. Leveling sucks.

BecauseYourFace
03-15-2011, 08:48 AM
lol, you seriously bumped this 5 year old thread??

Yes. Just searched WoW and was one of the few on first page :D So anyways, should I buy Cataclysm? And Do I need to buy Burning Crusade first?

BecauseYourFace
03-15-2011, 08:49 AM
Well you'll need to get BC then WotLK then Cata. If not, you don't actually experience what the game has to offer. Leveling sucks.

k, ill get BC first. And yes, leveling blows. Just now getting better horse Oo Now I want a gryphon

michaeliragorri
03-15-2011, 08:51 AM
Yes. Just searched WoW and was one of the few on first page :D So anyways, should I buy Cataclysm? And Do I need to buy Burning Crusade first?

You need all previous versions to play Cata, get Battlechest, comes with first and second version, all you need is the 3rd expansion after that and THEN cataclysm, but you only need all the expansions for the cd keys once you put them into your account just toss in the cataclysm CD and it installs all of them quicker instead of CD switching.

LurkerZA
03-15-2011, 12:42 PM
easy, i sold my char for $400 just the other week, and have sold ones for $500+ in the past

that money does not even remotely make up for the lost time and money youve already spent on the game, though.

EDIT: **** im 5 years late

lmao

izzyman321
03-15-2011, 02:42 PM
Will trade someone 80 BE Mage for working black ops cd key. Srs pm.

lyrics312
03-15-2011, 05:19 PM
One thing that would suck about starting wow now is the initial investment it will take. The game plus all of the expansions and a game card would run you over $100. Then you'd have to spend the next few months (depending on how often you play) to get to the max level. Then you'd still be way behind in terms of gear.

hcestR
03-16-2011, 01:01 AM
Lol.. i guess it's just a way of passing the time.. things like this are fun when you play with IRL mates..

playing by yourself or with randoms is just retarded.

anyways, wait for guild wars 2.. **** is gonna be awesome.

Tamorlane
03-16-2011, 06:41 AM
If people were aware what Activision is doing (especially parents) then World of Warcraft would probably be illegal, or at least should be. They are systematically getting people addicted.

http://www.cracked.com/article_18461_5-creepy-ways-video-games-are-trying-to-get-you-addicted.html

I used to play a lot, and people would just hang out in the main cities, saying things like "i'm so bored!"....well maybe go outside. People keep playing WoW even when it isn't fun anymore, and it's because they get you addicted and you don't even know it.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Operant_conditioning_chamber

izzyman321
03-16-2011, 07:29 AM
If people were aware what Activision is doing (especially parents) then World of Warcraft would probably be illegal, or at least should be. They are systematically getting people addicted.

http://www.cracked.com/article_18461_5-creepy-ways-video-games-are-trying-to-get-you-addicted.html

I used to play a lot, and people would just hang out in the main cities, saying things like "i'm so bored!"....well maybe go outside. People keep playing WoW even when it isn't fun anymore, and it's because they get you addicted and you don't even know it.

Maybe to the weak minded. I played wow for years, then just got bored and quit. The end. Now trying to sell/trade my accounts.

80 Mage, 82 paladin. 2 different accounts. Want either $100 for each or trading one for black ops cd key. Srs. Black ops costs 60 on steam, not a bad deal considering you can't even buy wow for 60.

Fennesz
03-16-2011, 08:49 AM
One thing that would suck about starting wow now is the initial investment it will take. The game plus all of the expansions and a game card would run you over $100. Then you'd have to spend the next few months (depending on how often you play) to get to the max level. Then you'd still be way behind in terms of gear.

months?

week 1 - hit 85

week 2 - max out with heroic gear

week 3 - begin guild runs of raid content

after 2 months you should be maxed out with non-heroic gear

Iczer
03-16-2011, 08:58 AM
months?

week 1 - hit 85

week 2 - max out with heroic gear

week 3 - begin guild runs of raid content

after 2 months you should be maxed out with non-heroic gear

enjoy having no life doing this as well too

Tamorlane
03-16-2011, 09:16 AM
Maybe to the weak minded. I played wow for years, then just got bored and quit. The end. Now trying to sell/trade my accounts.

The operant conditioning has nothing to do with weak or strong-minded individuals. It's a folly of human nature and people in the millions are being exploited for it. I played for years too, then got bored and quit, too. The end too. Big deal, doesn't disprove anything I said. And if you care about anything beyond yourself, like perhaps one day you will have children, then maybe you can see why this is a problem.

I posted the article on the official WoW forums, 90% of the posts were kids angry that I am telling them they are pretty much rats in a box, and some phaggy-time mod gave me a 1 week ban for trolling/harrassment, because they know it's the truth. 10% agreed with me, and coincidentally, these were the folk who talked like they were older than 17.

ChristmasFnatic
03-16-2011, 11:04 AM
To each his own I say. No need to try to sway other people against/for it. And so what if others are having fun with it? Its their lives.

Some people thinks drinking/smoking or even using roids are retarded. Yet many people do.

thek1d
03-16-2011, 01:21 PM
The operant conditioning has nothing to do with weak or strong-minded individuals. It's a folly of human nature and people in the millions are being exploited for it. I played for years too, then got bored and quit, too. The end too. Big deal, doesn't disprove anything I said. And if you care about anything beyond yourself, like perhaps one day you will have children, then maybe you can see why this is a problem.

I posted the article on the official WoW forums, 90% of the posts were kids angry that I am telling them they are pretty much rats in a box, and some phaggy-time mod gave me a 1 week ban for trolling/harrassment, because they know it's the truth. 10% agreed with me, and coincidentally, these were the folk who talked like they were older than 17.

Every game is like that nowadays thanks to achievements/trophies. If you're having fun then what's the big deal?

People that kill themselves/other people over video games are the exception. There's what like 10 million people that play WoW? If you allow a video game to take control of your life, it's your own damn fault.

Fennesz
03-16-2011, 09:29 PM

+1. The way these things are designed, it's not a matter of being "weak minded" or of it "being your own damn fault" if you play incessantly, it's simply allowing yourself to be taken advantage of by some basic biological processes

But, to be fair, everything in life takes advantage of these inherent processes - education, 'careers', consumerism, and so on.

FuzzeWuzze
03-16-2011, 09:46 PM

This...when i realized i was standing in Orgrimmar for like 2 hours for no reason i cancelled my account and havent gone back...

I honestly really really want to play WoW, but i know its something i have zero self control in literally lol...and i dont want to waste anymore of my life in that stupid game.

Doing things like leaving work an hour early to make raid times, or skipping class to keep leveling...lol so sad.

FunSize1990
03-16-2011, 10:03 PM
Doing things like leaving work an hour early to make raid times, or skipping class to keep leveling...lol so sad.

I never played hardcore by any means, when i started it was purely to get in some social time with some friends from school that weren't in my immediate group of friends.

Within 6 months it was all i was doing and i couldn't understand why. I was so bored. It was almost like i forgot how to spend my time doing things away from the game. An hour of nothing to do, Wow, 7 hours, Wow, Sleep nah wow.

It actually took me standing up a chick for guaranteed sex to quit completely, but i also didn't find quitting hard. Cancelled sub never looked back.

yoCasmu
03-16-2011, 10:47 PM
WoW is all about mediation, I played it excessively at the start, messed up classes...etc. But after I calmed down and just raided I really enjoyed it.

After cata came back, we busted ass in raid content and I got tired of it. A miscer now has my account and hopefully hes ballin out, I was geared as hell :P

one-two
03-16-2011, 11:11 PM

lmfao

LiftHeavy85
03-17-2011, 07:31 AM
game isnt fun unless ur playing with people u know.

mattystrength
03-17-2011, 09:22 PM

80 Mage, 82 paladin. 2 different accounts. Want either $100 for each or trading one for black ops cd key. Srs. Black ops costs 60 on steam, not a bad deal considering you can't even buy wow for 60.
Send me a PM about your account(s), brah.

numix
03-18-2011, 12:49 PM
Thanks to this thread I finally gathered the motivation to uninstall (for the millionth time) Guild Wars from my computer. In past attempts to stop playing I always ended up reinstalling but this time it's for good.

I just realized that while I "enjoy" playing that MMORPG, it brings absolutely nothing useful to my life. And there's also the fact that eventually, ArenaNet will just pull the plug and all my virtual accomplishments will be gone. Better end it now.

I suspect GW is behind my current "feeling like ****" phase so hopefully this'll get me back on my feet. :p

derrang3d
03-18-2011, 02:24 PM
I'm a current/former gaming/Internet addict. L@\/\/|_ $ |_| |* $0/\/, |= 33|_ /\/\3?

World of Warcraft will not make your life better but it can provide a means of escape from the real world. I think the key is that you not put all of your eggs in one basket regardless of which basket it is. That way you don't limit your growth potential as a person.

Syfon
03-27-2011, 08:23 PM
I'm an avid World of Warcraft player. Have 9 characters, 1 of which is level 85 (Protection Warrior) in average item level 350 gear. Have an 83 Elemental Shammy, 80 Restoration Druid, 70 Destruction Warlock, 40 Frost Mage, 25 Combat Rogue, 16 BM Hunter, 15 Ret Pally and something else.

I've been playing for about 4years. I love the storyline and lore behind the game, however I don't let WoW get in the way of my real life dealings.

Levelled all my toons except my Shammy in BoA gear. Just wanting to get into tanking Cataclysm raids now :)

All my characters are Horde, on server Thaurissan.

sleet83
03-27-2011, 09:11 PM
I'm an avid World of Warcraft player. Have 9 characters, 1 of which is level 85 (Protection Warrior) in average item level 350 gear. Have an 83 Elemental Shammy, 80 Restoration Druid, 70 Destruction Warlock, 40 Frost Mage, 25 Combat Rogue, 16 BM Hunter, 15 Ret Pally and something else.

I've been playing for about 4years. I love the storyline and lore behind the game, however I don't let WoW get in the way of my real life dealings.

Levelled all my toons except my Shammy in BoA gear. Just wanting to get into tanking Cataclysm raids now :)

All my characters are Horde, on server Thaurissan.

http://blogs.westword.com/showandtell/07%20cool%20story%20bro.jpeg