PDA

View Full Version : Yamaha YZ 125 or 250?

newequation
08-14-2006, 03:26 AM
Im looking to get a new dirtbike, but not sure if a 125 would be a good enough fit for someone at 6'2". Anyone have a 125 that can advise?

ratzsht
08-14-2006, 04:18 AM
bro! if you havent ridden before and your talking two stroke go for the 125 and unless your gonna race there should be sufficient power to haul ur big ass around that is if the bikes at least 2000 model, the new engines are sick!
to correct the hight problem you have to spend alittle bit more cash to modify your ride you will need to change the seat with a higher foam hight
with a new cover then get new hanndle bars with a bend that is comfy for your long arms. then if you still got enough spare cash mod your suspension at a bike mech. to make em more stiffer and raise the bike up alittle.
if you wnna know mods for tall dudes like you maybe try looking up travis pistrama(sorry dont know the spelling) he is a champ. motox/freestyle ridder thats realy tall and lanky maybe you could get ideas how sets up his bike for his bidy type. hope this helps

FZR
08-14-2006, 06:02 AM
At least go to a dealer and sit on the two bikes. If it feels too cramped then go the 250. That being said the 125 will be more than enough for someone new to bikes.

guest89
08-14-2006, 12:51 PM
I'd say a 125 should be fine man. But try both and see what you prefer... But if I where you I'd get the 125.