tuesday- boxing
wednesday- bjj
thursday- wrestling
friday- boxing

enough to compete?

user8073964251
08-08-2006, 12:31 PM
STFU with these threads.

Come on, you post a new thread EVERY SINGLE DAY about you competing.

Here's what you need to do. Train for a while, talk with your coach/training partners and when you think you are ready (and they agree) then compete.

You could train every day for a decade and suck. You could train twice a week for a year and be awesome. It is impossible to tell over the internet.

HardGainer82
08-08-2006, 01:35 PM
Monday- kickboxing
tuesday- boxing
wednesday- bjj
thursday- wrestling
friday- boxing

enough to compete?
Eventually. That's really about all we can tell over an internet forum...

T-bomb
08-08-2006, 01:50 PM
yea sorry about all the repetitious questions I'm just new to the sport and really want to get goin but the gym schedule is limiting my training time now. thanks though.

HardGainer82
08-08-2006, 02:02 PM
If you're new to the sport, competition is most likely a long way off...try not to think about it too much right now.

misterwaterfall
08-08-2006, 02:34 PM
Probably atleast a year off. I'm 17, and looking at a fight next summer at 18 when I have a year and a hlf of training. I dont know about you but I dont want to get my ass kicked

HardGainer82
08-08-2006, 02:42 PM
Probably atleast a year off. I'm 17, and looking at a fight next summer at 18 when I have a year and a hlf of training. I dont know about you but I dont want to get my ass kicked
^^
Listen to this guy. If you're starting fresh in a combat sport, looking to compete seriously with less than a year under your belt is asking for trouble...unless you're some sort of prodigy.

T-bomb
08-08-2006, 03:16 PM
oh ok because some dude at my gym said that you are put in a certain league based on your skill level. like there is a fighting league for beginners and so on.

delta9
08-08-2006, 05:58 PM
Monday- kickboxing
tuesday- boxing
wednesday- bjj
thursday- wrestling
friday- boxing

enough to compete?

kickboxing, boxing, bjj, and wrestling. hhmm... how often do you practice full mma?

from experience training pure bjj/wrestling is very different from pure strikes, adding both and being comfortable is what I would work on most.

striking also uses up a different energy system than grappling, so for conditioning definitely add a HIIT type workout and lots and lots of high rep bodyweight conditioning.

King_David23
08-08-2006, 09:15 PM
I would specialize in a stand up and a ground fighting a la
boxing/bjj or kickboxing/bjj and really up my skills in those areas before competing

LeumasNehpets
08-09-2006, 01:20 AM
Focus on training first, you want to be 100% confident in your abilities when you step into that small ring with your opponent staring you down.

I do kickboxing twice a week and BJJ once a week, I switch it up sometimes so BJJ twice a week, Kickboxing once... it's not enough but BJJ falls on the same days as kickboxing so that f's me up.

I train every other day in the gym though.

hittman
08-09-2006, 01:48 AM
Monday- kickboxing
tuesday- boxing
wednesday- bjj
thursday- wrestling
friday- boxing

enough to compete?

too many to comprehend, don't bother.

TheBlueDevil
08-09-2006, 02:01 AM
too many to comprehend, don't bother.

Sadly going to have to agree with this fella. I learned boxing and wrestling at a young age and through high school/ college. During college i started training in kick boxing and bjj. You should do either wrestling or BJJ (BJJ would be my pick so you can at least learn to pull guard) and then kick boxing. You have entirely too much training to be good at ANY of them instead you can be average at everything which is a recipe for disaster inside the cage.