PDA

View Full Version : Lets get physical

little lats
01-08-2003, 12:50 PM
Well going into the Doc tomorrow for a tune up. Kind of have some things nagging me and it's been 2 years. The last time I went he said he didn't start doing (real) male exams to 35. Now that I have hung out with you guys I think I am there. lol.

Also, have been fighting bronchitis for a month or so want to have a new xray. I had a spot on my lung a few years back and was told that if it was an issue they would call. Hmm. still don't sleep much considering the cancer rate and early death rate of males in my family. Plus I want blood work up to see how my levels are. Kind of funny how a few people dieing in your age group changes your mental stability... Hopefully he will okay these requests for peace of mind.

Thanks Trish!!

Hibiscus09
01-08-2003, 04:08 PM
little lats, hope everything goes well! I have to get mine on Feb. 10 along with a mammogram (which I absolutely hate). Mammograms don't really hurt but there's just something unappealing about having your boob smashed flat as a pancake & stuck in a machine.

Anyway, I worry more the older I get also when I go to the doctor. I'm sure you'll be fine. :)

TrishB
01-08-2003, 05:06 PM
Lats I am sure you will pass all the tests without a problem.
And be thankful you don't need a mammagram!

Of course, now that you are getting old like the rest of us.....you might get the pleasure of having a colonoscopy. :D

Macattack
01-08-2003, 09:56 PM
Hey lats best of luck to you, i will pass out a prayer for you, keep positive you sound a little down, just the unknown maybe, i know thats skeery, chin UP:)

gbat
01-09-2003, 04:50 AM
I will join the macattack prayer for ya, lats. All the best for you.

Charger
01-09-2003, 05:30 AM
Lats I just had mine done in Nov, which lead to a colonoscopy in Dec:eek: My father died of colon cancer so the Doc ordered the test.
It wasn't that bad, they put you out, I was still pretty nervous. Everything came out A OK, no pun intended:D Worth the peice of mind. Every 5 years after, the camera in the shut trick.
Good luck, how old are you again? If you have this in your family history you may have this to look forward to.

Gator
01-09-2003, 05:32 AM
Good luck Bro !!! Hope all goes well..

Gator

little lats
01-09-2003, 07:15 AM
Well, 32 and holding isn't old, but hey. who knows anymore. Don't want to be like my grandfather and wake up one day with 3 months to live. I got a lot of **** on my table right now and don't need bad health to boot. Thanks guys.

Gatorvrx
01-09-2003, 07:38 AM
Little Lats,

A few years ago, they found a spot on my chest xray as well. It had me upset until they figured out it was just dense muscle tissue from hitting the weights! Good Luck.

snakeman
01-09-2003, 11:10 AM
hey lats; best wishes to you, i hope all returns well. you will be in my prayers.

kendo
01-09-2003, 01:28 PM
Good Luck LL just don't get hung up worrying, we all tend to make mountains out of molehills and imagine things to be worse than they are. You'll be fine and the trip to the Doc will put your mind at rest.

little lats
01-09-2003, 02:04 PM
Originally posted by kendo
Good Luck LL just don't get hung up worrying, we all tend to make mountains out of molehills and imagine things to be worse than they are. You'll be fine and the trip to the Doc will put your mind at rest.

They canceled my fn appointment. Well I am not dead so I must be okay. lol

IPR
01-09-2003, 05:16 PM
LL, good luck when it actually happens.

When I was 25yo I had some stomach pains so went to the doc, he did an X-ray, then a barium meal which showed a shadow, so then a barium enima (interesting to say the least) which showed another different shadow, so then more test. ALl the time I was getting more and more worried which of course made things worse.

Finally after two months of this I went in and had the camera job, front and back :eek: And everything was okay.

IMHO the biggest risk to your health is the anxiety. Hope to can get the appointment rearranged to get this over and done with.

I wish you all the very best of luck.

back2it
01-09-2003, 07:08 PM
I had mine done in the summer . Blood work , liver fuction , BP . all the probing you can take , Psa etc . I was concerned , I'm 47 and like you said lots of people dying of real bad things . Many of them younger than myself . Anyway all looks good , the load off my mind was incredible . Good Luck on your tests.

slacker
01-09-2003, 10:26 PM
Lats:

Good luck on your trip to the Dr. I know how your feeling as every April (tax time) I make my trip to the Dr. as well. I work myself all up and it takes all the control my wife and kids have to keep my sane. Then I fret the results, (good) and feel like I have another year to live. Guess it show that I really do enjoy life and want to stick around for a while.

I Should add a check up last year forced me into the gym for the first time in my life. My employment could have ended as high bp and a screwed up blood sugar were a problem. Now I go about three times a week eat better and enjoy it.

Any rate good luck, and try to stay cool. Remember we are all thinking about you.

Slacker