PDA

View Full Version : The Chipotle Cheat

drew84
07-10-2006, 01:08 PM
From my understanding cheating at Chipotle won't set a person too far back. The way I see it one of their standard burritos has: rice, a flour tortilla, some form of meat(chicken, steak, or pork), and some form of salsa. Unless there are ways in which this food is prepared that makes it unhealthier than it seems this would appear to be a “minimal damage” cheat. (if there is such a thing). Any thoughts?

coloBB
07-10-2006, 01:11 PM
no man, not much of a cheat at all... as long as you stay away from the sour cream, cheese, guacamole. You can even just get a burrito bowl, and its actually a pretty healthy meal..... mmmmm chipotle...

briantech
07-10-2006, 01:37 PM
I would agree that as far as cheats go, its definitely one of the better ones. They grill their meats, not fried or battered. They use white rice which isn't the greatest, but its still better than a hamburger bun for sure. Plus then if you get veggies in there (lettuce, olives, etc)... and a bit of shredded cheese isn't too bad I don't think.

bill257
07-10-2006, 01:51 PM
Shrug. I am not as picky as some. I don't even consider it a cheat. 746 calories with 46? or so grams of protein 30g of fat and 79? carbs in my burrito bowl. I usually have it 2-3 times a week on workout days.

RobDyson
07-10-2006, 02:07 PM
Another option is to get no rice w/ or w/o extra meat if you want to cut out some of the carbs.

watchfan
07-10-2006, 02:28 PM
I guess it depends. It kinda is a lot of calories if your cutting.
You can got to chipotlefan.com for nutrition info. I thought a burrito once a week wasn't too bad till I found out just exactly how many calories one was. And for me, since I'm trying to cut, its too big a cheat meal for me. But if your bulking, its probably really good cause its easy calories.

WF