PDA

View Full Version : Go over this for me

suave9
03-01-2008, 01:05 PM
I think I got the basics down. Let me know if i'm missing something.

Eat every 2-3 hours.
Drink a gallon of water a day.
4-6 reps in a set for building mass.
3 scoops of whey protein a day.
30 to 60 seconds break between sets.

Anything else?

dbx
03-01-2008, 01:32 PM
I think I got the basics down. Let me know if i'm missing something.

Eat every 2-3 hours.
Drink a gallon of water a day.
4-6 reps in a set for building mass.
3 scoops of whey protein a day.
30 to 60 seconds break between sets.

Anything else?

Eat every 2-3 hours. You don't have to, but it has many benefits
Drink a gallon of water a day. If you're working out it's a good rule.
4-6 reps in a set for building mass. Pretty much, but switch-up every 8-12wks
3 scoops of whey protein a day Most beneficial after working out, but there is no "daily minimum".
30 to 60 seconds break between sets. This is totally subjective. Less rest can be beneficial....but longer rests can be also...depending on your goal at the time. You should try to vary your rest times occasionally....just like switching up your program every 8-12wks.

I would suggest you spend quality time reading the "stickies" in the different forums, as there is some fantastic info that will she more light on each of these things. There is no single "1-5 step plan" for you to succeed. Diet and rest play a huge part in your growth. Go...and read :)

John Prophet
03-01-2008, 02:01 PM
4-6 reps per set does not match up with 30-60 seconds between sets.

4-6reps is actually a little more for pure strength...and youd want to rest more like 2-3 minutes between sets for that rep range.

around 6-12 reps is more of a "pure mass" range and then you could go more for shorter rest periods such as 60-90 secs. 30 secs is a bit extreme on te short end IMO unless u r talking arms or something small like that

cgc
03-01-2008, 02:07 PM
30 seconds rest....well....just be sure you have a little something in your stomach to barf up cause it's gonna come up at some point...

I move pretty fast in the gym at certain points and 30 seconds rest would be a challenge for a whole work out. Definitely something that would have to be built up to....

BUT...like others have said...with the lower reps, you should take a bit more rest in between?

Whiskeyjack
03-01-2008, 02:22 PM

4-6reps is actually a little more for pure strength...and youd want to rest more like 2-3 minutes between sets for that rep range.

around 6-12 reps is more of a "pure mass" range and then you could go more for shorter rest periods such as 60-90 secs. 30 secs is a bit extreme on te short end IMO unless u r talking arms or something small like that

^^^
Couldn't be truer.

StartinOver-68
03-01-2008, 02:34 PM
Hmmmm, I have never rested more than a minute, and usually average between 30-45 sec. I just can't rest that long no matter what my reps.

m1k3g0rd
03-01-2008, 03:30 PM
Hmmmm, I have never rested more than a minute, and usually average between 30-45 sec. I just can't rest that long no matter what my reps.

Yea, but you're older. Them 20 somethings don't have as much experience and need time in between sets to figure out what to do next.

suave9
03-01-2008, 03:32 PM
Yea, but you're older. Them 20 somethings don't have as much experience and need time in between sets to figure out what to do next.

lol@ lack of respect.

thanks dudes. I'd post this in the teen section, but i'd probably get responses along the lines of "nudes or negs" or what the guy above me said.

StartinOver-68
03-01-2008, 03:48 PM

No it's not that, the long rest periods are called naps. :D

Reality_Check
03-01-2008, 05:23 PM