warchild
11-27-2002, 10:06 PM
any thoughts on the lead vocal and guitarist of megadeth

/\/\etallic/-\
11-27-2002, 10:32 PM
hes a cool dude.

ScottyAx800
11-27-2002, 10:48 PM
he could have played lead for metallica if he wasn't such a crazy drunk. But besides that he's an excellent musician.

Lionheart
11-27-2002, 11:09 PM
Dave's the ****

Lats McGee
11-28-2002, 12:52 AM
He should have stuck to the guitar and not vocals. Don't believe any of the hype about him breaking up Megadeth because of his "illness." It's because his wife and his pastor don't believe Dave as a born again Christian should be playing Metal.

SIZMTRZ
11-28-2002, 09:06 PM
...ok, I like megadeth an all, but their has to be a reason that he couldn't keep a band together for longer than 1 album?? Tehn again I really havent kept up with them since Youthinasia...

IrOn GrIpP
11-28-2002, 10:14 PM
Originally posted by Lats McGee
He should have stuck to the guitar and not vocals. Don't believe any of the hype about him breaking up Megadeth because of his "illness." It's because his wife and his pastor don't believe Dave as a born again Christian should be playing Metal.

lats where you hear this from????

gofer
11-28-2002, 10:21 PM
Exceptionally creative metal guitarist.

John Henry
11-28-2002, 10:50 PM
Originally posted by gofer
Exceptionally creative metal guitarist. When he's not in rehab.

Bobsgotabs
11-29-2002, 12:25 AM
Dave lives 5 miles from me in Indian Mills NJ. He had dinner at the resturant down the street from where I work at. From what I here, very nice and humble guy.

Bob H

Tim
11-29-2002, 06:33 AM
He's a great guitarist. Peace Sells and Rust In Peace were excellent albums. Even though they sold out with their later albums, it doesn't change the face that Dave Mustaine is a great guitarist. He's a great songwriter to, having singlehandedly written such progressive classics as Hangar 18 and Holy Wars. He also co-wrote many Metallica songs on the first two albums.

SIZMTRZ
11-29-2002, 08:03 AM
Originally posted by Bobsgotabs
Dave lives 5 miles from me in Indian Mills NJ. He had dinner at the resturant down the street from where I work at. From what I here, very nice and humble guy.

Bob H

Man, I would have sworn that Dave Mustaine lived in Arizona?????

proteus3446
11-29-2002, 11:34 AM
Been a megadeath fan for about 10 years and thats a long time considering im only 20. I didnt like the new stuff all that much but have it anyway. Still listed to the older albums all the time youth is grat and extinction as well and have to agree that megadeth as it was and well even as cripple as the new MD was was better than matalica. What ever happend to Marty friendman he need to kick some sense in to dave and go on tour

Scorpio
11-29-2002, 01:04 PM
I got to agree with Tim on this one. Dave was responsible for some pretty cool tunes...music and lyric wise. His band never really blew up like he thought it would since leaving Metallica....he was always in their shadow......that doesn't mean he's not a good musician.....I think he is an awsome guitarist......vocals aren't all that great, but at least he tried.

EngineThatCould
11-29-2002, 01:54 PM
For those of you that get VH1 on cable, look for Megadeth on a "Behind the Music". Very interesting..............

Bobsgotabs
11-30-2002, 01:16 PM
Dave still has homes in Arizona, but he also has a home out in the sticks in south jersey.

Bob H

el cabron.
11-30-2002, 05:21 PM
i think the due is a jerk, and can't sing for ****. but i like the riffs he and friedman manage to come up with.

Lats McGee
12-02-2002, 10:11 AM
Originally posted by IrOn GrIpP
lats where you hear this from????

it's been leaked by several people on music pages that he doesn't have the hand problems he claims, his heart just isn't in the music anymore.

Lats McGee
12-02-2002, 10:13 AM
What ever happend to Marty friendman he need to kick some sense in to dave and go on tour

Friedman and the remaining members of Megadeth are forming a band together. He just finished recording a solo album and is playing shows with a Ramones cover band called Rocket to Russia.

Big Lizard
12-24-2002, 02:29 PM
Bummer what happend to is hand.

SorcererStudio
09-02-2005, 12:53 PM
My Friend BEEF from the arizona rock station says that it would be easier to get into the lincoln bedroom with a hooker, than it would be to ever meet Dave on his Ranch. What with being famous who can blame him.He has his own zip code,and he has earned it.I never got within 5 miles of the ranch=(.
Dave has lived and learned throughout life and evolved into a music legend.
Kirk from exodus is the best thing that ever happened to Dave in my opinion because if he had not freed him from metallica we would have never known daves awesome original tunes.Everything happens for a reason. Dave if you see this .. my deepest sympathies for the loss of our friend DIMEBAG.
But don't give up on music ,He would want us to keep on rocking ,and perhaps you are right about the angry music hook .

thebear
09-07-2005, 05:05 PM
wow, this thread is old as crap but anyways, ive met dave mustaine and hes the nicest guy i ever met hes easy to talk to, he loves his fans alot also the other bands on gigantour say the same thing

W8isGR8
09-07-2005, 05:10 PM
Quite possibly the worst vocalist ever, and only started megadeth as an attempt to get back at Metallica for kicking him out. He even said in interviews that he wished he was still in Metallica. I still have a bunch of their albums though, good guitar.

esp
09-07-2005, 05:20 PM
He still has issues over kicked from Metallica.

*Wakes up in New York, getting ready to record first album*

James, Lars, Cliff "Your outta the band, heres a greyhound ticket home".

Watch Some Kind of Monster.

user23960508710789
09-07-2005, 08:44 PM
badass music, really funny vocals. I don't know how old this thread is but they have a new cd out and it's supposed to rock, back to the metal style

they also recorded "dread and the fugitive mind" not too long ago right? I think that's one of their better songs

LatsMakeTheMan
09-07-2005, 08:51 PM
Holy **** guys, this thread is like 3 years old.

turbo
06-21-2006, 11:43 PM
i got warchild onto these forums 3 years ago when we were in high school as sophmore lol

wanaBsedated
06-21-2006, 11:46 PM
...ok, I like megadeth an all, but their has to be a reason that he couldn't keep a band together for longer than 1 album?? Tehn again I really havent kept up with them since Youthinasia...

Reason=talented artists lol..

Sex pistols broke up fast too and they were the ****.

Goonie
06-21-2006, 11:49 PM
i saw him like 5 years ago at a concert in chicago...

lol crazy story...

I managed to get right infront of him (small venue) and at the end of his last song he sticks out his arm and tries to hand his pic to this girl, I snatch it and he starts calling me an ******* infront of everyone, he did it like 8 times LOL

no one knew what was going on and he just went of stage and i ran to the car LOL

hes a drunk prick

One Man Army
06-21-2006, 11:51 PM
i got warchild onto these forums 3 years ago when we were in high school as sophmore lol

why did you bump like a 10 month unpreviously posted in thread??

anyway he kicks ass..Megadeth rocks..excellant songwriter, guitarist and vocalist

kingarty
06-22-2006, 01:00 AM
lol Dude, this thread is like almost 4 years old.... first off how many pages did you have to go back to find this, like 500-600?

an1m
06-22-2006, 01:05 AM
Dave's the GREATEST OF ALL TIME

Matt P
06-22-2006, 10:24 AM
Hell of a bump,

Hanger 18 rules

dirtydean12
06-22-2006, 02:28 PM
dave won a lot of my respect on gigantour in fresno ca. he had problems with his voice so when they were about to start their set he said first off that his voice wasnt feeling to well, but there was no chance he'd cancel on the fans that came to see them. he didnt sing to well but at least he sacked up and still played and didnt pull an ozzy.

bignpisst
06-25-2006, 08:05 PM
A lot nicer guy now that he is sober I hear

an1m
06-25-2006, 08:11 PM
A lot nicer guy now that he is sober I hear

Yup, and still a badass even though he's an old Christer now. He can still shred and knows how to play his guitars unlike those bastards in Metallica that haven;t made a song with a solo (aside from that crappy one that's surfaced on youtube recently), guess I should say, a song with a solo WORTH HEARING isince 1989.

Dave's a fu(king beats man, he even got Chris Poland to hop on for The System has failed, awesome fu(king soloage well in to middle age.

MEGADETH \m/