PDA

View Full Version : My body does not like keto?

MC63
02-29-2008, 08:05 AM
So I have been an official lurker here for a bit. I have about 7-10lbs of fat to lose and I have given a keto type diet 3 attempts.
Seems on the 4th or 5th day I get, hmmmm, massive intestinal distress. cramps and (there is no comfortable way to say this) icky poo.
I'll add some carbs back and get better in a day, or two.

This last time around I even added a bit of pre-workout carb, no change. I woke up this morning w/ tummy and bathroom problems.

Are there just some that this type of eating does not work for?

Anyone else have this issue? did it go away? or do I need to switch my fat loss method.

Thankyou

Kion
02-29-2008, 08:38 AM
Try to get a fair amount of fiber in there. That might help some.

MC63
02-29-2008, 09:04 AM
I thought I was doing good w/ the fiber. I generally eat 2 big salads a day. w/ mixed lettuce, peppers, cucumber and avocado.
Macadamia nuts are supposed to have some fiber, and I eat a serving of those daily too.
I eat veg w/ every meal. Plus my one, yes one, strawberry a day.
I am drinking alot of water too, herbal tea and crystal light.
I am stumped.

stewaat
02-29-2008, 10:14 AM
I had those symptoms after my first ever carb up. I had quite a few sugar alcohols which I believe affected me.

I'd say fiber can cause this at times. I had 3 or 4 fiber choice pills and it lead to feeling really bloated. That's only like 6-8g fiber.

However, I'm no expert...if I was having your issues I would cut out fiber for a couple days and see what happened. If it persists I would not continue high fat.

Lemonzest
02-29-2008, 10:18 AM
I bloat and have bad #2's if i take fibre/fibrous veggies, so i just avoid them, i'm still regular (2-3 times a day) took me about a week to adjust to keto