PDA

View Full Version : College Lacrosse Training. HELP

apollo31
02-28-2008, 10:16 AM
Hey guys. So I used to post here for football in highschool and lost my account so I restarted a new one along with a new goal for myself. I am a sophomore at Oregon State University and have been playing lacrosse since my Sophomore year of highschool. My freshman season I had to quit as I had to either do rehab on my left shoulder(labrum) or keep playing risking to have surgery at the end of the season. Since then I have done crap, I slid down the depth chart at my position and am starting to get my groove back but my body is really holding me back.

I am 5'11 and weigh about 200 pounds. I used to weigh 5'11 and weighed 185 but due to college I put on 15 pounds. Right now I am playing for next season pretty much and not playing has motivated me more then ever. I am FULLY dedicated to start training at the end of this season to come out next year balls to the wall and earn my spot back.

I play defense which is equivilent to a linebacker in football, lots of lateral movement and you have to be quick on your feet. Stick skills I can take care of myself but I need to get quicker. Strength is a big one and that is probably one of my strong points but with my position if you have the speed to hang with a offensive player it can make everything easier.

So my goal is to be:
Faster
Endurance
Stonger

My season ends in May and starts up in September for fall ball. The real season starts in January of 2009. So that gives me four months of pure-off season training. So what I need is good speed and quickness training exercises with lifting too. I wanted to start a thread for recommendations rather then searching threads of other peoples goals. I want help from you guys to help me get where I need to be. I can start lifting now during the season. I have to study for a midterm I will get back for more details of what you guys need then we can go from there.

Jon

RnR
02-28-2008, 10:54 AM
i played lax in HS

i liked to hit people with the stick!