View Full Version : College Lacrosse Training. HELP

02-28-2008, 10:16 AM
Hey guys. So I used to post here for football in highschool and lost my account so I restarted a new one along with a new goal for myself. I am a sophomore at Oregon State University and have been playing lacrosse since my Sophomore year of highschool. My freshman season I had to quit as I had to either do rehab on my left shoulder(labrum) or keep playing risking to have surgery at the end of the season. Since then I have done crap, I slid down the depth chart at my position and am starting to get my groove back but my body is really holding me back.

I am 5'11 and weigh about 200 pounds. I used to weigh 5'11 and weighed 185 but due to college I put on 15 pounds. Right now I am playing for next season pretty much and not playing has motivated me more then ever. I am FULLY dedicated to start training at the end of this season to come out next year balls to the wall and earn my spot back.

I play defense which is equivilent to a linebacker in football, lots of lateral movement and you have to be quick on your feet. Stick skills I can take care of myself but I need to get quicker. Strength is a big one and that is probably one of my strong points but with my position if you have the speed to hang with a offensive player it can make everything easier.

So my goal is to be:

My season ends in May and starts up in September for fall ball. The real season starts in January of 2009. So that gives me four months of pure-off season training. So what I need is good speed and quickness training exercises with lifting too. I wanted to start a thread for recommendations rather then searching threads of other peoples goals. I want help from you guys to help me get where I need to be. I can start lifting now during the season. I have to study for a midterm I will get back for more details of what you guys need then we can go from there.

02-28-2008, 10:54 AM
i played lax in HS

i liked to hit people with the stick!