PDA

View Full Version : syntrax matrix 5.0 opinions

blinky99
04-01-2006, 02:48 PM
any one got a fav flavor, is it a good before bedtime protein? not sure what % of what kind of protein it has in it as it doesnt say.

OUFBALL09
04-01-2006, 05:24 PM
I like the orange flavor, but i havnt had vanilla or chocolate. Whey concentrate is the first ingrediant, then milk protein concentrate( including micellar casein, then egg albumin.....so it wouldnt be a bad one to have before bed, it the second and third protein sources are slower digesting...however there are better pre bed proteins

deserusan
04-01-2006, 05:25 PM
it is decent and inexpensive but I think their are better options if you can find a good sale.

BubbaDoc
04-01-2006, 06:01 PM
Orange Cream is incredible. I always keep some around.
Although it is pushed for bedtime use, I have read more than once that it is up to 90% whey concentrate. Therefor, not actually the best choice for late night.

blinky99
04-01-2006, 09:15 PM
well i just emailed sales@syntrax.com,customersupport@syntrax.com,mark eting@syntrax.com
see if they give me a protein breakdown ratio.
if not any one know the protein %'s of some other nighttime protiens that arent to pricey/ per serving wise

lilkev42
04-01-2006, 09:35 PM
Personally I had the Chocolate flavor. Used it with milk every night before bed. I have to say it is a good protein, even if it is blended with whey being the primary source. I have heard good reviews on the orange, and usually vanilla isn't a highly loved flavor. If you have the money to use it with milk every night I would suggest that. As I still lived with my parents when I ordered it so I had that priviledge. I dont know any other good nighttime proteins that are in the same price range as matrix. Hope this helps you out.

Nathan1
04-01-2006, 11:27 PM
taste is EXCELLENT IMO.

it gave me pretty good gas though, but that's because i don't get along with concentrates/blends.

bodybuilder45
04-02-2006, 12:49 AM
well i just emailed sales@syntrax.com,customersupport@syntrax.com,mark eting@syntrax.com
see if they give me a protein breakdown ratio.
if not any one know the protein %'s of some other nighttime protiens that arent to pricey/ per serving wise
this has already been covered. i cant remeber the exact numbers, but i seem to recall this blend consisting of 80% whey if not a little more. makes sense for how inexpensive it is. great preworkout blend if you take shakes before weights.

kliplemet
04-02-2006, 03:39 AM
just to be sure, take the chocolate, you can't go wrong there ;)

freakie
04-02-2006, 10:35 AM
Matrix 5.0 is more comparable to ON 100% Whey than other casein/slow digesting proteins.