PDA

View Full Version : these guys have figured ALL TIME best way to catch fish :D

twisted03
03-26-2006, 04:35 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YGCKvNSnFhg&search=fishing

thought you guys might enjoy it, sorry if its a repost :)

heres another link for those who have trouble with youtube it also is probably faster than the other link http://filecabi.net/video/best-fisherman.html

fitnessman
03-26-2006, 09:12 AM
Dang! And I just bought another new rod :D

Chipman
03-26-2006, 09:24 AM
Damn, that works better than a telephone rig, we never could hit them with enough juice to make em jump in the boat.

Of course I never used a telophone rig and when I say we I mean someone else..:D

twisted03
03-26-2006, 09:27 AM
Damn, that works better than a telephone rig, we never could hit them with enough juice to make em jump in the boat.

Of course I never used a telophone rig and when I say we I mean someone else..:D
lol of course you didnt :D

Nainoa
03-27-2006, 07:37 AM

I can't get either link to work... But I assume it's the old "Dialing for Catfish" thing... Where you put a rotary phone in the water, hook it to a Deep Cycle Battery and start dialing...

I've heard over a dozen claims of this working myself, but have never seen it in person...

Hartski
03-27-2006, 07:49 AM
I'm not saying I've done it, but I've heard an electric fencer works better than a phone.

Geno
03-27-2006, 07:58 AM
I'm not saying I've done it, but I've heard an electric fencer works better than a phone.

You have to understand how it works to know why each would or would not work better. The frequency that is used determines what is caught when electrofishing. Higher frequency (electric fence) will affect scaled fish and be far better at "catching" them while the lower frequencies (crank telephone - no need for a battery) affect skinned fish and are far better at "catching" them.

Lots of other factors come into play but that is the basic idea. A really good electrofisher is the best as you can dial in what you whant to sample.

twisted03
03-27-2006, 08:25 AM
You have to understand how it works to know why each would or would not work better. The frequency that is used determines what is caught when electrofishing. Higher frequency (electric fence) will affect scaled fish and be far better at "catching" them while the lower frequencies (crank telephone - no need for a battery) affect skinned fish and are far better at "catching" them.

Lots of other factors come into play but that is the basic idea. A really good electrofisher is the best as you can dial in what you whant to sample.

nope its not dialing for cats its even better :D geno you say tghe is no need for a battery with a crank phone how will this work then?

Geno
03-27-2006, 09:43 AM
Cranking the old style military phone produces the electrical charge.

Chipman
03-27-2006, 11:08 AM
I know that no one here would do it but fine in my state is about 1000.00 bucks and about 5000.00 if you throw the rig overboard, you are trying to destroy evidence, plus 2 months in jail and they take your boat, motor, truck, and trailer..

The way I have heard it was done was using and old style phone generator with two lines one hung over each side of the boat.The wires would have about 3 inches of stripped wire and be weighted down.

You have to keep cranking or they will wake up I am told before you can net them I am told..

The one I was told about would just barely light a 60 watt bulb and one time got hooked up to someones screendoor just before a hated next door neighbor kid was called over.

Geno
03-27-2006, 01:00 PM
I know that no one here would do it but fine in my state is about 1000.00 bucks and about 5000.00 if you throw the rig overboard, you are trying to destroy evidence, plus 2 months in jail and they take your boat, motor, truck, and trailer..

The way I have heard it was done was using and old style phone generator with two lines one hung over each side of the boat.The wires would have about 3 inches of stripped wire and be weighted down.

You have to keep cranking or they will wake up I am told before you can net them I am told..

The one I was told about would just barely light a 60 watt bulb and one time got hooked up to someones screendoor just before a hated next door neighbor kid was called over.

Where I live any private water and all the contents are the sole property of the owner and, as such may be harvested in any manner the owner see's fit. I tried for a couple of years to make a decent living doing private pond management. The big boys in my state basically undercut me every time I made a proposal. Oh well, you win some, you lose some.

Public waters are off limits to anyone not employed by the state.

That is the way it works. Poles (non conductive, of course) to spread the wires will widen the catch radius and always use a net with a fiberglass or other nonconductive handle material.

Nainoa
03-27-2006, 01:51 PM
Where I live any private water and all the contents are the sole property of the owner and, as such may be harvested in any manner the owner see's fit. I tried for a couple of years to make a decent living doing private pond management. The big boys in my state basically undercut me every time I made a proposal. Oh well, you win some, you lose some.

Public waters are off limits to anyone not employed by the state.

That is the way it works. Poles (non conductive, of course) to spread the wires will widen the catch radius and always use a net with a fiberglass or other nonconductive handle material.

So far as I know the only time in the nation that you can harvest waters without state permit or regulation is if you have made your own pond, and your state actually allows it...

Otherwise all waters are considered natural resources, and fall under those jurisdictions.

Though things are A LOT more lax in the south than they are in MN.

ratmonkey
03-27-2006, 05:39 PM
i prefer a shotgun, i mean, someone i know does. :)

twisted03
03-27-2006, 05:47 PM
i prefer a shotgun, i mean, someone i know does. :)
wow so many people who "know people" that prefer an illegal method but would NEVER do it themselves :D

ratmonkey
03-27-2006, 05:56 PM
wow so many people who "know people" that prefer an illegal method but would NEVER do it themselves :D
well, i have gone hand fishing(forget the actual term for it now) and net fishing at times. :)

Chipman
03-27-2006, 06:20 PM
well, i have gone hand fishing(forget the actual term for it now) and net fishing at times. :)

Bad Memory is not a crime;)

Geno
03-28-2006, 08:03 AM
Bad Memory is not a crime;)

LOL

In AL a pond or lake that is man made (by a private entity - not the power companies, etc.) is private property and there are literally thousands of them in the state from 1/2 acre to hundreds of acres. In some cases the waters on both sides (upstream and downstream) are state controlled waters but the pond or lake is private because it was built by a private entity on private land. IMO hand grenades work better than anything but they are not conducive to catch and release or good around earthen dams.