PDA

View Full Version : Bigger Faster Stronger.

dimebag5104
02-18-2008, 05:04 PM
We started this workout for football a while back. We have a few power lifters on the team and the program is not what they see fit. We have new coaching staff this year and most people say thats the old weight lifting coach's workout was much better. I personally think that the workout is a bit light.

Anyone else have any experience with this program or know anything about it?
If so what do you think about it.

Here is the programs website. http://www.biggerfasterstronger.com/

Also I will try and remember to bring my workout sheet home to show shat we do daily, This part is what upsets me most, The works out are all mixed up.
We dont have like a chest day. For example Monday we will do incline bp, Then Wednesday we will do bench, Then Thursday we do dumbell flies and a few other chest workouts.

I know this could do in the workout section but this is a sports specific program and I fell I could get a more knowledgeable answer (Fullback,Jayhawk,ect).

aaaaa55555
02-18-2008, 05:16 PM
body parts splits (chest day, back day, etc) are useless for athletics.

you play with your body as a unit and you should train your body as a unit.

bfs uses bench,squat, box squat, incline, cleans, snatches, and is low rep for the most part, so i think it would work pretty well

ive read a lot of good things about it on here, just use the search button^^^

TriadKnight65
02-18-2008, 05:19 PM
we use it at our school... we do

bench and squat as cores on monday and clean and deadlift on tues and box squat and towel bench on friday and aux 's after our cores each day

FSUMuscle07
02-18-2008, 05:44 PM
Seeing as BFS is not a "Powerlifting" program, your friends might not see it fit. But it has worked wonders for plenty of "football" players I've been around.

qb0708
02-18-2008, 08:07 PM
body parts splits (chest day, back day, etc) are useless for athletics.

you play with your body as a unit and you should train your body as a unit.

bfs uses bench,squat, box squat, incline, cleans, snatches, and is low rep for the most part, so i think it would work pretty well

ive read a lot of good things about it on here, just use the search button^^^

totally agree here, the bfs program is great for young athletes as long as you have good form on all the "power" lifts espically squat, dead, and the olympic lifts, to often young kids put on too much weight and hurt their back

DE#99
02-18-2008, 08:17 PM
i loved that program i stopped usin it for another program tho

proooooobably going to go back

TNLB38
02-18-2008, 08:27 PM
we use it at our school... we do

bench and squat as cores on monday and clean and deadlift on tues and box squat and towel bench on friday and aux 's after our cores each day

yeah we do a "modified" version of it and it work you out hard by on the last set doing that weight as many times as possiable.

sea11234
02-18-2008, 08:31 PM
can someone post the workout

TNLB38
02-18-2008, 08:35 PM

look in my blog thats the reps and sets and my weight and i know im weak.

dimebag5104
02-18-2008, 08:58 PM
Its good too know thats its a good program.
I personally have been getting alot from it.
The only problem I had with it was i thought you were supposed to do major muscle groups on one day then take a couple of rest days with them.

qb0708
02-18-2008, 09:07 PM
Its good too know thats its a good program.
I personally have been getting alot from it.
The only problem I had with it was i thought you were supposed to do major muscle groups on one day then take a couple of rest days with them.

full body is way better for young athletes cause it takes advantage of our high anabolic hormone levels, a study was done for arm training of two groups, training was exactly the same for arms, except one group did legs also after 8 weeks the group that did both arms and legs had a 37% increase in their arm strength compared to a 10% for the arms only group, thus proving full body is the way to go...

aaaaa55555
02-18-2008, 10:20 PM

Bigger Faster Stronger program posted by RBEliminator...

I follow BFS and recommend strongly recommend it too anyone looking to get B. F. and S. I have followed it closely for a year and a half. Program:

Week 1: 3x3
Week 2: 5x5
Week 3: 5-4-3-2-1
Week 4: 10-8-6
Week 5: repeat over at Week 1

Choose 5 Auxillary lifts: 2-3 sets of 10-12 reps each lift

Stretch everyday for 10 minutes and twice on workout days

Monday: Front Squat or Box and Towel bench or incline
Auxillaries: Str. Leg DL, Glute-Ham machine, DB jump squats, Neck, Power Snatch, Leg curls, DB Flyes, DB flat press

Tuesday or Wednesday: Box jumping plyos, sprint work, anything else you feel wil help you to succeed

Wednesday: Hex Bar DL and Power or Hang Clean
Auxillaries: Barbell Lunges, Jerk Press, Leg Ext., wide grip pullups, Skullbashers, Tri. Pushdown, overhead tri. ext.

Thursday or Friday: same as tuesday

Friday: Parralel Squat and Bench Press
Auxillaries: Str. Leg DL, Glute-Ham machine, Neck, balance snatches, calf excercses, barbell curl, DB incline curl

SSL40
02-18-2008, 11:38 PM
BFS is a joke. We had that in highschool and I hated it. Just my opinion.

Gettinbig99
02-19-2008, 10:21 AM
do it in my school. i like it but the coaches modified it so we only do bench, squat, deadlifts, and powercleans. They also lower the reps on certain days and **** it up but if your doing everything they say it looks like it would be a sick program.