PDA

View Full Version : Minnesota Story

kickin2006
02-28-2006, 01:58 PM
Last fall I went to Glacier National Park were I met a very elderly couple from Minnesota. I mentioned that my family was from Minnesota and that my grandparents had a cabin outside Garrison on Mille Lacs Lake that I used to visit each summer.

Well, the old man told me a story:

True story, he said. One day three men were fishing out on Mille Lacs in a small boat. These three men represented three generations: a son, father, and grandfather.

A storm blew in and capsized the boat. The son and father, being younger, climbed up on the boat but the grandfather could not make it and held onto the side.

After awhile the grandfather said he could not hold on any longer. He said his peace to his son and grandson, let go of the boat.... and stood up.

fitnessman
02-28-2006, 02:02 PM
After awhile the grandfather said he could not hold on any longer. He said his peace to his son and grandson, let go of the boat.... and stood up.

I have heard some interesting stories as well. Mostly after a few to many :D

kickin2006
02-28-2006, 02:05 PM
I have heard some interesting stories as well. Mostly after a few to many :D

I thought he was serious up until the "and stood up" part.

Funny thing about how shallow the lakes are. Mille Lacs is 18x28 miles (I think, its been a long time) and only 40' deep.

Shike
02-28-2006, 02:34 PM
Hehe... I didn't get it until I re-read that they were in Millacs. :) Funny stuff.