PDA

View Full Version : How long does it take?

soccercrisp
02-20-2006, 09:37 AM
OK, I'm new to this website, this is my first post.

Let me start by saying that I am a 37 year old woman on a mission to have a hard a$$ to fit that looks great in a bikini. Always wanted one, never determined enough (until now) to get one.

I am a soccer player and my thighs, calves, butt are very muscular, but.... it is also where I store all of my extra fat. Abs are showing, but I still a little fat on the love handle area (not too much though). Arms need more muscles but I don't really store much fat there. Not much fat on the upper body at all.

OK - I am in week 7 of my quest, my question is this, how much longer should this take? Butt is just starting to get firmer. Can I achieve this in 6 more weeks? Here are my stats: 5'7", 145 lbs. no idea of body fat%. I am a probably a size 8 in most pants now.

I didn't take any measurements (except for scale weight) until week 6. At the end of week 6, I have lost anywhere from only 3 - 5 lbs. but all of my clothes are fitting much looser, so I know I have shedding the fat that I want.

I have been working hard at eating clean, doing lots of cardio, and lifting weights. I drink a gallon of water a day. And really other than an occaisional cup of coffee, and skim milk, no other beverages.

Cardio is not hard to get in, as I bikeride one day, play competitive soccer (with 20 -30 year old men) 2 times a week, and run for my fourth day.

Weights, because of where I live (not near a gym) and 2 children and other home responsiblities, I have been limited to at home dumbbell workouts. Which I do 3 times a week.

I am doing OK with my diet, eating high protein, good carbs, and good fats, through 5 - 6 small meals a day. I'm sure the diet is my hardest, I recorded a weeks worth of diets and I am eating around 1400 - 1600 calories a day. Is this enough or not enough?

Any advice or feedback would be appreciated.

Thanks!

LiftingIsLife
02-20-2006, 09:49 AM
6 weeks probably isnt going to be enough. but why limit yourself to 6 weeks?? its important to ENJOY the process as much as the end result if you indeed want to keep the look 'forever':)

best,
~lifer

soccercrisp
02-20-2006, 10:20 AM
It's not that I am going to quit after 6 weeks...

And I am really enjoying this, I love the way my body is changing.

It's just that I'm having a contest with my sister, and 6 weeks is the first check in point to see where I am at in getting my new bikini. If it takes longer, then that will be OK too. In the past, once I've gotten to this point, because I like the way I look now (a year and a half ago I was 20 lbs heavier at 165) I have always seemed to lighten up and then I the weight creeps back on up to 150+ and then have to start working harder again. This time, I am going to push through until I get the body that I want. I figure in the end, I should be around 135 lbs, lean and very muscular.

Do you know hard is it for all of the lean fitness models and bodybuilders I see pictures of to maintain their bodies? Although I don't want to compete, I do want to look like the women on the cover of Oxygen.

terracotta
02-20-2006, 11:31 AM
Those shoots are taken close to comp time, when they are cutting typically.. they don't do photo shoots when bulking. AND, those pics are SOO airbrushed.. I wouldn't let them get you down. They can just add in more definition or WHATEVER they want, plus good lighting etc..

LiftingIsLife
02-20-2006, 05:31 PM
Those shoots are taken close to comp time, when they are cutting typically.. they don't do photo shoots when bulking. AND, those pics are SOO airbrushed.. I wouldn't let them get you down. They can just add in more definition or WHATEVER they want, plus good lighting etc..

terra's absolutely correct. there is probably MORE 'adjusted' in those pictures than you would believe. dont go by that. go by how you feel and how things are changing in your body. you're not only getting stronger and better looking, you're getting HEALTHIER!

best,
~lifer

soccercrisp
02-21-2006, 06:59 AM
Wow, I guess I didn't realize that they doctor those pictures. So I guess believe "half of what you see" is probably something I should remember.

I took some pictures of myself the other day (6 weeks in) so I have something as a starting point to reference as well as the measurments.

I do have another questions, do you guys know the answer to this? Since I am trying to lose my butt, I work the legs/butt real hard on Mondays. Can I work them hard a second day during the week, or do they need to rest and once a week is plenty? I do play soccer and bikeride which works them out as well, but I mean as far as lifting.

Thanks!