PDA

View Full Version : General "recovery"

GoGoGo
01-18-2008, 12:51 PM
Well, I was going strong for 4 months but I recently messed up my forearm a little and it's a shame because I'm gonna have to stop goin to the gym for at least a week. The thing is, I was pretty much addicted to going. I'd get pissed if I couldn't go when I planned to go because I guess I love the endorphins and the feeling it gave me. But anyway the injury isn't that bad but it was going to get bad. I have past forearm issues and that's why I know that if I kept going, it would have gotten to the point where it hurt to do pretty much anything. But I stopped so now it doesn't hurt in every day life much at all.

Back to the subject though, it's kind of discouraging to not be able to go because I felt like everything I was doing was finally coming together and I was beginning to see a nice difference in my body. But I know **** happens and I know I can't ALWAYS expect to be able to go because life is life. So to those who have had to take time off the gym, do you find it a bad thing? Does it set you way back again? Thanks for responding.

wirelessg
01-18-2008, 09:34 PM
Well, I was going strong for 4 months but I recently messed up my forearm a little and it's a shame because I'm gonna have to stop goin to the gym for at least a week. The thing is, I was pretty much addicted to going. I'd get pissed if I couldn't go when I planned to go because I guess I love the endorphins and the feeling it gave me. But anyway the injury isn't that bad but it was going to get bad. I have past forearm issues and that's why I know that if I kept going, it would have gotten to the point where it hurt to do pretty much anything. But I stopped so now it doesn't hurt in every day life much at all.

Back to the subject though, it's kind of discouraging to not be able to go because I felt like everything I was doing was finally coming together and I was beginning to see a nice difference in my body. But I know **** happens and I know I can't ALWAYS expect to be able to go because life is life. So to those who have had to take time off the gym, do you find it a bad thing? Does it set you way back again? Thanks for responding.

does ur forearm muscles hurt/? that happneed to me =.= overworked the muscle which pretty much tightens up ur forearm muscles... where ur forarm veins go through from near the elbow.. if u just push it a bit put putting presure on it does it hurt? if it does.. i took hot baths.. which relaxs the veins.. that helped me fix my pain and glutamine.. dunno if u guys believe it or think its completely bs about glutamine not working but it helped me by taking high doses everyday about 25g

buffgrk
01-18-2008, 09:57 PM
im currently suffering thru tendonitis, tennis elbow..ive been out of the gym for a month now.. but ive been going physio, stretching etc.. im DIEING to go to the gym.. but look at the brightside.. take some rest and when the pain goes go back to the gym and you will be stronger then ever