PDA

View Full Version : SLDL and knee pain

boathead
12-24-2007, 03:35 AM
i have lousy knees to start with, but am noticing some pain/inflammation the day after i do SLDL's. anyone have this problem who may be able to provide insight as the what the heck is going on structurally? could it be a mechanics error on my part?

i do i set of 15 at 135, then a few sets of 195. it feels good at the time and immediately after, but then whoa.

Baldsnake
12-24-2007, 05:33 AM
OK, listen up. Warm up on cycle before leg work. After squats or other leg work...ICE those knees. Suppliment with Jarrows Hyaluronic Acid Complex. Google. 3 per day. In a month 90% of the pain will be gone. Come Febuary Private Message me and I will give you name of my favorite charity where you can give me a thank you with a tax deductable donation.

Merry Merry.

ChocoChick
12-24-2007, 06:38 AM
Bump to Baldsnake. Also, do not lock your knees. Keep your legs staight but not locked.

Edit: also, I used to have bad knees and found that leg extensions have helped a lot.

boathead
12-24-2007, 12:37 PM
thanks, lady and gent....hmmm...can't ride a bike anymore (again, knee troubles). will try some leg extensions as a warm up. i don't lock the knees. i guess i do what i've seen called romanians.

and will in fact google. thanks.

dartol
12-24-2007, 01:18 PM
Humm, that depends on what is causing your knee problems, I'd say go find a good ortho doc and have it checked out.

I had a kneecap alignment issue with my left knee that would make it hurt when I did any kind of hamstring work. I think it is because the inner quad head needed to work hard to pull my kneecap where it should be. When I worked the hamstrings, the quad was not engaged enogh to keep it in place. A kneecap relocation surgery corrected my problem and now my knee is better than ever! My other knee has a bit of the same issue, but doc said to keep my quads strong and I won't have issues.

Report back if the leg extensions cause you issues too... they are the only thing that still bother me now. But I can do squats now, so it is all good! :)

Darren

IronIc
12-24-2007, 01:19 PM
SLDLs have never bothered my knees ... I found that leg extension warmups (like Elise said) work wonders for knee pain before exercises like squats.

Stenn
12-24-2007, 02:15 PM
The only time I've hurt my knees during SLDSs or regular deads it was becasue I hit my knee with the bar. :eek: I do these lifts well into my workout when I'm good and warm.