PDA

View Full Version : what should my frequency be for training legs & glutes?

provi1217
08-29-2005, 04:43 AM
Hi everyone, I just wanted some good opinions on how many times a week should I do my leg &glute workout? That is my hardest part to tone so that is what I really want to focus on. This is my routine:
single leg squats 3 sets 12 reps
plie' squats 3 sets 15 reps
front half squats w/ dumbbells 3 sets 10 reps
step ups 3 sets 20 reps (alternating leg each time)
front lunges 3 sets of 15 (alternating legs in set)

is this a good glute workout? How do I get rid of that small amount of fat right under the butt??!! hehehe it drives me crazy!

So if I really want to tone this area, how often should i perform this workout? Or if anyone has any other good glute workout tips let me know! THANKS SO MUCH!!

Saeco Pink
08-29-2005, 04:53 AM
How do I get rid of that small amount of fat right under the butt??!!
Running, plus walking lunges, plus clean diet.

mommy*2*3
08-29-2005, 05:51 AM
Hi everyone, I just wanted some good opinions on how many times a week should I do my leg &glute workout? That is my hardest part to tone so that is what I really want to focus on. This is my routine:
single leg squats 3 sets 12 reps
plie' squats 3 sets 15 reps
front half squats w/ dumbbells 3 sets 10 reps
step ups 3 sets 20 reps (alternating leg each time)
front lunges 3 sets of 15 (alternating legs in set)

is this a good glute workout? How do I get rid of that small amount of fat right under the butt??!! hehehe it drives me crazy!

So if I really want to tone this area, how often should i perform this workout? Or if anyone has any other good glute workout tips let me know! THANKS SO MUCH!!

Legs should not be worked more than 2 times a week IMO. The little bit of fat that you have will come off with a clean diet and some cardio. You can't spot reduce.

provi1217
08-29-2005, 11:40 AM
thanks! Is that a good leg and butt workout? do I need to add anything important?

mommy*2*3
08-29-2005, 11:51 AM
thanks! Is that a good leg and butt workout? do I need to add anything important?

I would add in at least one large mass exercise like a squat or hack squats or leg press. Your other exercises look good. Remember you can get creative with those too. You can do supersets or giant sets.