PDA

View Full Version : You think Adrian Peterson is good? Watch Darren Mcfadden

Crestor
11-05-2007, 08:08 AM
This guy is better than Adrian. He is the fastest player I have ever seen. Put 8 in the box and he will throw it on you. If the Jets get him next year, I'd seriously watch out. Best RB to come out of SEC EVER. Last year he had 182 on LSU's defense which was basically an NFL defense in it's own right. Top 10 picks Glen Dorsey and LaRon Landy will tell you so.

bignpisst
11-05-2007, 08:10 AM
whatever

Budweiser
11-05-2007, 08:13 AM
This guy is better than Adrian. He is the fastest player I have ever seen. Put 8 in the box and he will throw it on you. If the Jets get him next year, I'd seriously watch out. Best RB to come out of SEC EVER. Last year he had 182 on LSU's defense which was basically an NFL defense in it's own right. Top 10 picks Glen Dorsey and LaRon Landy will tell you so.

College does not have nearly as good of players as the NFL. Wait until he is in the NFL before you compare him to the greatness that is AD

kooldude
11-05-2007, 08:16 AM

No

INGENIUM
11-05-2007, 08:16 AM
I don't know if he will better than peterson, but mcfadden WILL be a great NFL back...

adrian peterson is amazing though...i can't remember being this impressed with a back since barry sanders

natespeer
11-05-2007, 08:25 AM
not saying he'll be better, but i'm really looking foward to watching him at the next level

Mindripper
11-05-2007, 08:28 AM

New flash genius... Adrian Peterson is awesome; the best back in a league of great backs this year.

We'll see what Mcfadden can do at the next level.

lovermangenuis
11-05-2007, 08:37 AM
Nope. McFadden is excellent definitely something special, but Peterson is one of those backs that comes around once every twenty years. He is a power back that runs a 4.38.....that is insane. I even read that some nfl personnel felt that Peterson was so talented coming out of high school that he could have potentially made the high school to pro jump ( a la the NBA). I don't see how you can pimp McFadden over Peterson where Adrian dominated the NCAA like McFadden is doing now but Peterson is doing it at the next level

Cramerica
11-05-2007, 09:08 AM
Nope. McFadden is excellent definitely something special, but Peterson is one of those backs that comes around once every twenty years. He is a power back that runs a 4.38.....that is insane. I even read that some nfl personnel felt that Peterson was so talented coming out of high school that he could have potentially made the high school to pro jump ( a la the NBA). I don't see how you can pimp McFadden over Peterson where Adrian dominated the NCAA like McFadden is doing now but Peterson is doing it at the next level

Then you can't legitimately say that McFadden won't be as successful in the NFL as Peterson has been thus far. Granted, that's a lot to live up to, but McFadden has looked just as good if not better in college so far.

For someone to say he will be better or worse than AP is too early to tell.

Budweiser
11-05-2007, 09:18 AM
Then you can't legitimately say that McFadden won't be as successful in the NFL as Peterson has been thus far. Granted, that's a lot to live up to, but McFadden has looked just as good if not better in college so far.

For someone to say he will be better or worse than AP is too early to tell.

Yep, AD is breaking so many records this year. He broke the NFL total yards in a game vs Chicago, he broke the Vikings rushing yards in a game vs Chicago, he Broke the Vikings rushing yards in a game (his own record) vs San Diego, he broke the NFL rushing yards in a game vs San Diego, he is the only rookie running back to have (2) 200 yard games in a single season, I am sure he is on pace to break the rookie TD record and the rookie rushing yard per season.

Runngunn29
11-05-2007, 09:58 AM
Jesus Christ, relax with AP. Yea hes good but lets let him play a couple more years without getting injured before we anoint him God.

I like Run DMC but havent seen too much from him this year. I'm a little worried because the SEC has been inclined to give up tons of points and yards this year, but he looks real good nonetheless. Hopefully I can catch LSU-Ark so I can see more of both Dorsey and DMC for the draft.

laxer22
11-05-2007, 10:01 AM

AP ran a 4.38 the day after his bro was killed, and he was not happy with his time. His best times are in the 4.25-4.28 range.

Kevintensity
11-05-2007, 10:36 AM
peterson>>>>mcfadden>>>>>>>>>>>>bush

anyone disagree?

5x10
11-05-2007, 10:47 AM
I don't know if he will better than peterson, but mcfadden WILL be a great NFL back...

adrian peterson is amazing though...i can't remember being this impressed with a back since barry sanders

x2
i wish i got every minnesota game

Rumple4skin
11-05-2007, 10:47 AM

anyone disagree?

nope

Cramerica
11-05-2007, 10:52 AM

anyone disagree?

Well, McFadden hasn't played in the NFL yet, but for a rookie to do what AP is doing, it's highly unlikely.

As for Bush, his hype (and maybe USC's NC trophy) are dust in the wind.

Peterson owns Bush.

Bulldog0520
11-05-2007, 11:49 AM
rofl. Peterson - 2nd in Heisman his freshman year.

I've watched them both plenty of times, and, while McFadden is good, Peterson is on another level.

MISSINGLINK
11-05-2007, 12:58 PM
Too bad he plays for Arkansas

RWHJR3
11-05-2007, 01:32 PM
A. Peterson over the rest of them. McFadden will be good, but..he's not Peterson. Just sayin!

.fedale.
11-05-2007, 01:56 PM
Another quality thread...

T2TL
11-05-2007, 02:10 PM

so youre saying there will be back to back rookies breaking several rushing records? i dont think so, ADP healthy = one of the most talented backs ever and dont talk college stats lets see once he gets into the NFL. hell be a good back but dont count on him having a career

3lftbig3
11-05-2007, 02:19 PM
AP looks legit, Mcfadden could go either way its hard to tell, he definitely could end up being a bust.

RavenStorm
11-05-2007, 03:48 PM
AP is ****ing incredible, Darren is great but we will see when he gets to the NFL.

Crestor
11-05-2007, 03:50 PM
AP is good but won't last past 4 years. Book it his running style will catch up to him eventually.

Ace50
11-05-2007, 04:07 PM
Marshawn Lynch is a pretty nasty rookie back also

Dennis71
11-05-2007, 04:38 PM
McFadden will never be the back that AP is....

McFadden has never played as good as AP....

AP is a fast guy too (ran in the 4.3's didnt he?) but unlike McFadden, he can run between the tackles and run people over

Negatron617
11-05-2007, 04:50 PM
cuz somebody is nasty is college doesnt mean they will be nasty in the pros
2 totally different leagues 2 totally different levels
ask reggie bush
ask ryan leaf

Alfro
11-05-2007, 07:27 PM
Better than Bo?Better than half of the great Auburn running backs alone? He is a great running back, but not the best...

snuffiluffigus
11-05-2007, 07:34 PM
Peterson is currently better than McFadden. McFadden could be a total flop for all we know.

Crestor
11-06-2007, 05:58 PM
Better than Bo?Better than half of the great Auburn running backs alone? He is a great running back, but not the best...

yes

kethnaab
11-06-2007, 06:43 PM
cuz somebody is nasty is college doesnt mean they will be nasty in the pros
2 totally different leagues 2 totally different levels
ask reggie bush
ask ryan leaf

Reggie Bush?

You mean the dude with 88 catches and > 1300 yards his rookie season? The guy with 7 catches, 132 yards and a TD in the NFC championship game?

He certainly was overhyped, but he's had >100 yards total offense in 4 of the last 5 games.

So...let's not compare him to one of the biggest flops in NFL history, shall we? :)

that being said, your original statement is 100% accurate. The list of failed Heismann Trophy winners is long and painful. If you REALLY want to ask someone about that, perhaps we should point to Troy Smith, Jason White, Eric Crouch, Chris Weinke, Danny Wuerffel, Rashaan Salaam, Charlie Ward, Gino Torreta, Ty Detmer, Andrew Ware....that's 10 of the last 18 Heisman Trophy winners who were COMPLETE busts. Howard had a good playoff run, Leinart has yet to play well with any consistency, Dayne seems doomed to be a backup, and Ricky Williams showed flashes of brilliance until he got pwn3d by MJ.

Runngunn29
11-06-2007, 07:21 PM
Reggie Bush?

You mean the dude with 88 catches and > 1300 yards his rookie season? The guy with 7 catches, 132 yards and a TD in the NFC championship game?

He certainly was overhyped, but he's had >100 yards total offense in 4 of the last 5 games.

So...let's not compare him to one of the biggest flops in NFL history, shall we? :)

that being said, your original statement is 100% accurate. The list of failed Heismann Trophy winners is long and painful. If you REALLY want to ask someone about that, perhaps we should point to Troy Smith, Jason White, Eric Crouch, Chris Weinke, Danny Wuerffel, Rashaan Salaam, Charlie Ward, Gino Torreta, Ty Detmer, Andrew Ware....that's 10 of the last 18 Heisman Trophy winners who were COMPLETE busts. Howard had a good playoff run, Leinart has yet to play well with any consistency, Dayne seems doomed to be a backup, and Ricky Williams showed flashes of brilliance until he got pwn3d by MJ.
Winning the Heisman and not being good in the NFL isnt being a bust. It's a collegiate award, not one regarding one's NFL potential. Alot of Heisman winners know they most likely wont be good NFL players. A bust is a high draft pick who doesnt pan out.

kethnaab
11-06-2007, 07:30 PM
Winning the Heisman and not being good in the NFL isnt being a bust. It's a collegiate award, not one regarding one's NFL potential.

"best college football player in the country"

Alot of Heisman winners know they most likely wont be good NFL players. A bust is a high draft pick who doesnt pan out.

I agree that high draft picks that don't work out are busts, but so are Heisman Trophy winners who do nothing in the Pro's.

Crestor
11-06-2007, 07:31 PM
darren mcfadden is nothing like reggie bush

darren mcfadden invites contact so please don't compare the two

Runngunn29
11-06-2007, 07:35 PM
"best college football player in the country"

I agree that high draft picks that don't work out are busts, but so are Heisman Trophy winners who do nothing in the Pro's.
I guess, but its strictly a collegiate award. Same goes for the Naismith, I dont assume that player is gonna excel in the NBA

Crestor
11-10-2007, 09:13 PM
bump

Crestor
11-10-2007, 09:19 PM
Here is my favorite highlight video of him.
Check out 2:40 when he zips past LaRon Landry and the LSU Tigers for 70+ yards!
6ofdva1wAaU

Crestor
11-10-2007, 09:23 PM
McFadden will never be the back that AP is....

McFadden has never played as good as AP....

AP is a fast guy too (ran in the 4.3's didnt he?) but unlike McFadden, he can run between the tackles and run people over

lmfao bro stfu before you say stuff without backing it up you ever watch Mcfadden play a game before? he will run people over and then break it out for 80

whodat124
11-10-2007, 09:26 PM
lmfao bro stfu before you say stuff without backing it up you ever watch Mcfadden play a game before? he will run people over and then break it out for 80

Some of these people dont watch college football lol. Mcfadden has been just as good as AP was in college. AP has had 2 big games in the pros(i was arguing him to an mvp contender in the other thread) but u guys are already annointing him the best rb of all time for those 2 games LOL.

Its too early to tell who will be better. From what i seen in college, if i had to pick between the two in a draft id take Mcfadden. If you watched Arkansas play much last year. you would understand.

Crestor
11-10-2007, 09:29 PM
Some of these people dont watch college football lol. Mcfadden has been just as good as AP was in college. AP has had 2 big games in the pros(i was arguing him to an mvp contender in the other thread) but u guys are already annointing him the best rb of all time for those 2 games LOL.

Its too early to tell who will be better. From what i seen in college, I think Mcfadden will be. But who knows.

Seriously man there are so many idiots on this forum that think they know **** cuz their rep power means they are smarter than Einstein. AP is doing big things I'm glad he is I got him in Fantasy and got the last laugh drafting him in the 4th round. But I don't think he will play for a very long time with that running style. I hope I'm wrong.

newgene
11-10-2007, 09:30 PM
You know something. I have to agree with McFaddin versus the AP from college at OU. However, AP seems to be playing at a whole new level in the NFL.

As for college, yes, I believe McFaddin is amazing. Peterson was a very good RB in college, but McFaddin puts up big numbers when the rest of his team is awful. Even with an 8 or 9 man rush, McFaddin is going to get his 150 yards per game. He's a big, fast power runner. I believe AP had some problems in his sophomore year, and the rest of the OU was stacked. They all played different competition though.

I know LSU played against both AP and McFaddin, and McFaddin was always a problem for them, but that's just one example.

awesomebill61
11-10-2007, 11:47 PM
people are getting on the AP bandwagon a little quickly....
hes played half a season... come back in 5 years and see what hes done.

that being said, ive heard that the first thing that strikes most people when they meet AP in person is his size.

hes huge for a running back (tall, broad shoulders, etc)
to go with this size, hes also real fast. but the key to how good he ends up being will come down to whether or not he gets injured.
AND Minnesota needs to keep a talented line for his career and they need to find something of a passing attack because hes running against 8 and 9 in the box right now... imagine what will happen once he is running against 7 in the box.

that being said i haven't really watched mcfadden. If he's got speed thats great... but lots of people have speed
what makes AP AP is his combination of size and speed.

kethnaab
11-11-2007, 12:08 AM
Dickerson and Barry Sanders ran against 8 every game of their careers, and they were still insanely production

Not that I don't agree with what you say, but I believe this specific statement is why I consider guys like Dickerson and Sanders a full step above anyone else.

Everyone KNEW they were going to run. No one figured out a way to stop them.

Rockwilder
11-11-2007, 12:52 AM
Crestor you have lost your god damn mind. The Best back ever from the SEC? Ever heard of Herschel Walker?

whodat124
11-11-2007, 12:52 PM
Crestor you have lost your god damn mind. The Best back ever from the SEC? Ever heard of Herschel Walker?

Never got to watch Walker in college. But if you watch Arkansas play last year(im sure he had a bad game or two), it would be hard to say that Mcfadden isnt a special player. Ive never seen anyone in college as good as him. But im only in my early 20s, so ive only watched the more recent players.

MoonMan12
11-11-2007, 01:01 PM
Reggie Bush?

Nice try, but you misinterpreted it. Heisman = best in college, not best at the next level.

collegeBBer
11-11-2007, 01:24 PM
Felix Jones FTW.

:D

RavenStorm
11-11-2007, 02:14 PM
Felix Jones FTW.

Yeah he's sick too.

Is he a sophomore? I hope, so I can see him as the featured back.

newgene
11-11-2007, 03:01 PM

I would rank the best two backs in the SEC, Bo Jackson and Emmit Smith, in that order. Walker was still a beast as well. I think McFadden is a hair better than Sean Alexander, but not by much. Even that is argueable. I still think that college ball for college ball, McFadden tops AP However, all of the above, but Mcfadden have been proven in the NFL. McFadden will too, but we can't say we know for sure yet.

newgene
11-11-2007, 03:02 PM
Felix Jones FTW.

Felix Jones is good, but he's no McFadden by any stretch.

bigdogg2834
11-12-2007, 01:38 PM
Yeah he's sick too.

Is he a sophomore? I hope, so I can see him as the featured back.

He is a Junior. As a huge Arkansas fan I am praying he comes back for his Senior year.

Crestor
11-19-2007, 12:44 PM
Book it.

Lloyd Carr's departure from UofM will distract Les Miles with an already distracted team looking ahead to the national championship game almost in their grasps. Darren Mcfadden will run wild.

RickRoss
11-19-2007, 01:09 PM
I gave up giving credibility to comparing college players to nfl players after the reggie bush hype.

Before he was drafted people and played a single game in the nfl, people on the internet were saying he's better than gale sayers and barry sanders.

LOL!

Bush is the type of player that people will just keep saying, year after year, give him some time to adapt to the league. Then 10 years later it'll be like wtf? This guy just isn't as good as the hype made him out to be. Then you have someone like AP who straight out the gates makes damage. He's everything bush was supposed to be.

As for Darren, I'll wait til he's drafted.

RickRoss
11-19-2007, 01:14 PM
Reggie Bush?

Charlie Ward? Get out of here. He elected to play in the NBA. How's he a "COMPLETE bust", if he chose not to play in the NFL. That's not a bust. NBA bust, but not NFL bust for he never played in the NFL.

Crestor
11-19-2007, 01:14 PM
By the way I remember watching fall 05-06 when Bush was lighting up the ****ty Pac-10 and I kept on getting **** from my friends who are Trojan fans when I told them that Bush would suck big in the NFL. Can't run inside and I knew it. Avoided contact at all costs too.

Crestor
11-19-2007, 01:21 PM
Here is my favorite highlight video of him.
Check out 2:40 when he zips past LaRon Landry and the LSU Tigers for 70+ yards!
6ofdva1wAaU

Watch this video and tell me Run DMC isn't legit. BTW I was wrong it was at 1:18 when he burns LSU for 70+.

Krunk Fu
11-19-2007, 01:51 PM
Seriously man there are so many idiots on this forum that think they know **** cuz their rep power means they are smarter than Einstein. AP is doing big things I'm glad he is I got him in Fantasy and got the last laugh drafting him in the 4th round. But I don't think he will play for a very long time with that running style. I hope I'm wrong.

Kind of hypocritical of you to say that. You think AP won't last long because he initiates contact? Didn't you just say that Darren does the same... By your logic, Darren might not last very long with that running style. You make some good points, but don't contradict yourself.

Crestor
11-19-2007, 01:54 PM
Kind of hypocritical of you to say that. You think AP won't last long because he initiates contact? Didn't you just say that Darren does the same... By your logic, Darren might not last very long with that running style. You make some good points, but don't contradict yourself.

Both initiate contact but one is smart about it and the other unnecessarily does it when his speed would do the trick. Darren knows when to take it out and when to put the shoulders down.

Mindripper
11-19-2007, 01:55 PM
Both initiate contact but one is smart about it and the other unnecessarily does it when his speed would do the trick. Darren knows when to take it out and when to put the shoulders down.

Make another thread after he wins NFL rookie of the year...

Cramerica
11-19-2007, 02:01 PM
I gave up giving credibility to comparing college players to nfl players after the reggie bush hype.

Before he was drafted people and played a single game in the nfl, people on the internet were saying he's better than gale sayers and barry sanders.

LOL!

Bush is the type of player that people will just keep saying, year after year, give him some time to adapt to the league. Then 10 years later it'll be like wtf? This guy just isn't as good as the hype made him out to be. Then you have someone like AP who straight out the gates makes damage. He's everything bush was supposed to be.

As for Darren, I'll wait til he's drafted.

Reps, this is pretty much the way I feel.

However, if I were to look at their strengths, you could tell that Peterson was much more of a suited runner for the NFL than Bush. I never had high expectations for Bush. Peterson's only drawback (and everyone knew this with him coming into the league) is that he runs too high. But quite a few great backs had the same style. DMAC runs very similarly, but also shows signs that he's NFL caliber as well. But like you said, we have to wait and see.

RB's and QB's are two of the most unpredictable positions when it comes to college athletes transitioning into the pros.

Cramerica
11-19-2007, 02:04 PM
Book it.

Lloyd Carr's departure from UofM will distract Les Miles with an already distracted team looking ahead to the national championship game almost in their grasps. Darren Mcfadden will run wild.

I highly disagree.

Miles wants the NC this year. And if he really wants the job at UM, he knows that if LSU wins the big game this year his chances of landing the UM job are exponentially greater. Not to mention that gives him more leverage for a better contract with whoever he goes with, which could help with his departure pay from LSU if he indeed goes with UM.

johnny87
11-19-2007, 02:15 PM
You know something. I have to agree with McFaddin versus the AP from college at OU. However, AP seems to be playing at a whole new level in the NFL.

As for college, yes, I believe McFaddin is amazing. Peterson was a very good RB in college, but McFaddin puts up big numbers when the rest of his team is awful. Even with an 8 or 9 man rush, McFaddin is going to get his 150 yards per game. He's a big, fast power runner. I believe AP had some problems in his sophomore year, and the rest of the OU was stacked. They all played different competition though.

I know LSU played against both AP and McFaddin, and McFaddin was always a problem for them, but that's just one example.

mcfadden is better in college then AP was easily.

AP has had 2 big games and everyone is calling him the GOAT. Chester taylor also has big games w/ that vikes O-line. Lets wait 2-3 years b4 we call him the greatest ever.

It would be tough for Mcfadden to live up to what AP has accomplished thus far in the pros. but he can flat out play, so who knows how he will do.

Miz-Zou
11-19-2007, 03:11 PM
Obviously I'm not a SEC fan, but man, McFadden has the craziest acceleration I've seen in a long time. I mean he explodes through the hole and if on a footrace, its very hard to catch him. Very exciting player to watch.

Crestor
11-19-2007, 03:12 PM
i should be a scout

Soup Nazi
11-19-2007, 03:27 PM
didnt do that well against Auburn

sorry, had to say it

but yeah, the guy will be good at the next level

Crestor
11-23-2007, 10:46 AM
watch lsu get lit up in run dmcs final college football game!

Erik2806
11-23-2007, 11:00 AM
peterson is a step above mcfadden, but maybe time will prove different. you cant automatically assume college success will lead to great nfl success (just ask ron dayne) but mcfadden definitely looks to be a great one.

Crestor
11-23-2007, 01:31 PM
watch lsu get lit up in run dmcs final college football game!

7-6 right now lets see if i called it right

vegas i easily called it

Miz-Zou
11-23-2007, 01:49 PM
wow 73 yard run...acceleration is just UNREAL! Great block by Dick though lol.

Crestor
11-23-2007, 01:50 PM
next big time scout right here

Juice32
11-23-2007, 01:50 PM
wow 73 yard run...acceleration is just UNREAL! Great block by Dick though lol.

He is making a case for the heisman today.

Crestor
11-23-2007, 01:51 PM
He is making a case for the heisman today.

he already is heisman

no sophmore has ever got it and tebow is good but is not going to be the first

ApatoJay
11-23-2007, 02:29 PM
he already is heisman

no sophmore has ever got it and tebow is good but is not going to be the first
adrian peterson is much better imo

Hugh Jazz
11-23-2007, 02:49 PM
Jesus Christ, relax with AP. Yea hes good but lets let him play a couple more years without getting injured before we anoint him God.

X1000000

Crestor
11-23-2007, 03:06 PM
adrian peterson is much better imo

thats why he is injured and mcfadden is lighting up the #1 team in the nation

Crestor
11-23-2007, 03:22 PM
Wow Greatest Game Of Season

The Next 57 Seconds Will Show Why Run Dmc Is The Heisman

Crestor
11-23-2007, 03:23 PM
I highly disagree.

Miles wants the NC this year. And if he really wants the job at UM, he knows that if LSU wins the big game this year his chances of landing the UM job are exponentially greater. Not to mention that gives him more leverage for a better contract with whoever he goes with, which could help with his departure pay from LSU if he indeed goes with UM.

u still sure u wanna disagree?
HAHAHAHAHAHHHAHAHA

Crestor
11-23-2007, 04:12 PM
DARREN MCFADDEN = BEST RB OF 21ST CENTURY

http://i210.photobucket.com/albums/bb45/Crestor11/IMG_1605.jpg
http://i210.photobucket.com/albums/bb45/Crestor11/IMG_1606.jpg
http://i210.photobucket.com/albums/bb45/Crestor11/IMG_1607.jpg

RelentlessChaos
11-23-2007, 04:15 PM
oh ok.......since peterson is in the NFL?

look at reggie bush. He aint running all over the NFL like he was doing to college. But peterson was awsome in college, and he has broken a record already, and im sure he has broken, or will break many rookie records.

I LOVE MCFADDEN THOUGH. Last year i loved him and peterson both.

m0fo
11-23-2007, 04:15 PM
I must admit, I was extremely impressed by Mcfadden's performance tonight, just spectacular.

johnny87
11-23-2007, 04:16 PM

look at reggie bush. He aint running all over the NFL like he was doing to college. But peterson was awsome in college, and he has broken a record already, and im sure he has broken, or will break many rookie records.

reggie bush didnt run over neone in college. he wasnt even the primary back on his team.

SpeedDemon9
11-23-2007, 04:18 PM
Darren has that extra burst around the corner. I'm impressed with both him and Felix Jones.

Crestor
11-23-2007, 04:24 PM
Hahah Coach Nutt And Mcfadden On Espn

Mcfadden Got That Wood!!!!

Nutt: "how Bout This Kid Right Here For Heisman Huh"

VDubb
11-23-2007, 04:41 PM
Crestor has a man crush!!

/stalker

FormulaLT1poweR
11-23-2007, 07:19 PM
Adrian Peterson is a freak, bottom line the guy is the next best thing in the NFL. Comparing the two right now is impossible. McFadden, hasn't played well this year compared to last year, but is still awesome. I think if McFadden played on a better team he would easily win the Heisman. Adrian Peterson is making NFL defenses look like garbage, while McFadden is doing the same to NCAA defenses. Bottom line though the NFL isn't the NCAA, and we can't compare them yet. If you want to compare college careers I'd still take Adrian Peterson. Don't get me wrong, McFadden has been fun to watch, and is damn good. As a Steelers fan, I'd love to see McFadden in a Steelers jersey...

thecooleric
11-23-2007, 07:29 PM

I LOVE MCFADDEN THOUGH. Last year i loved him and peterson both.

Reggie Bush was an overrated piece of **** who was able to run away from everyone in college, and nothing beyond that. Mcfadden is a real running back.

As a Steelers fan, I'd love to see McFadden in a Steelers jersey...

Ya right...

Try a Pats jersey (no Pats fan)

gjohnson5
11-23-2007, 07:31 PM
The Mcfadden bandwagon jumping has already started...

FormulaLT1poweR
11-23-2007, 07:31 PM
Ya right...

Try a Pats jersey (no Pats fan)

Why a Patriots jersey? They wouldn't use him, just like any other RB they've ever had. :confused:

(Yes Steelers Fan)

thecooleric
11-23-2007, 07:42 PM
Why a Patriots jersey? They wouldn't use him, just like any other RB they've ever had. :confused:

(Yes Steelers Fan)

Because they can.

Imagine if they had this year's offense back, but with Mcfadden there too. Actually, don't try to imagine that. Your bowels will release and your brain will come shooting out of your dick.

FormulaLT1poweR
11-23-2007, 07:44 PM
Because they can.

Imagine if they had this year's offense back, but with Mcfadden there too. Actually, don't try to imagine that. Your bowels will release and your brain will come shooting out of your dick.

Guess with a statement like that I wont ask anymore...

DiamondDelts
11-23-2007, 07:48 PM
Mcfadden was my next door neighbor growing up.

Crestor
11-24-2007, 12:14 PM
The Mcfadden bandwagon jumping has already started...

this thread was started a month ago

Crestor
11-24-2007, 12:15 PM
Mcfadden was my next door neighbor growing up.

damn man does he know you? that is pretty cool he seems like a down to earth guy

Crest_Man
01-22-2008, 04:38 PM
**** adrian peterson mcfadden is going to show the nfl up next year

Crest_Man
01-29-2008, 06:03 PM
mcfadden > marion barber, 2 late first round picks

m_risinger
01-29-2008, 06:15 PM
hes too tall and not that strong, and can't run up the middle. You can't rush outside in the nfl, just ask bush

kethnaab
01-30-2008, 12:00 PM
mcfadden > marion barber, 2 late first round picks

you're drunk.

SpiderSense
01-30-2008, 12:05 PM
Did anybody mention that the Vikings have a really good offensive line? Their line is similar to Seattle's of a few years ago. That's why not only do you have Peterson putting up huge numbers, Chester Taylor did really good too. I think that says more about the O-Line than it does Peterson. Not to say Peterson isn't great, just highly unlikely that McFadden ends up on a team with an O-Line of that caliber.

Cramerica
01-30-2008, 12:52 PM
hes too tall and not that strong, and can't run up the middle. You can't rush outside in the nfl, just ask bush

Actually, he's very good at running up the middle, very fast, and incredibly strong.

Also, it's not his height that hurts him, it's that he runs more upright than advised for most RB's.

leafs43
01-30-2008, 03:18 PM
Did anybody mention that the Vikings have a really good offensive line? Their line is similar to Seattle's of a few years ago. That's why not only do you have Peterson putting up huge numbers, Chester Taylor did really good too. I think that says more about the O-Line than it does Peterson. Not to say Peterson isn't great, just highly unlikely that McFadden ends up on a team with an O-Line of that caliber.

If he goes to Oakland he will get comparable run blocking that AD gets.

He is the first draft prospect I been hoping goes to the Raiders since Charles Woodson.

NoNameNecessary
01-30-2008, 03:41 PM
This was absolutely ridiculous.

To compare LSU's defense to an NFL defense is absolutely ludicrous. Peterson was one of, if not, the best backs in the league this year. To say McFadden would be on that level is, well, dumb. Let's wait and see what he does before comparing the two.

NCK MIZ
01-30-2008, 04:28 PM
McFadden got completely shut down by Mizzou's defense in the Cotton Bowl. Now I don't want to bash on my team's defense, but they were not amazing this year. MU's defense was extremely young this year. Now next year MU's defense will be its strong suit because they return 10 of 11 starters. So to answer your question no! DMac will not be as good or better than Peterson his rookie year.

JamesGatz83
01-30-2008, 04:37 PM
McFadden isn't anywhere near as elusive or physical as Adrian Peterson. That being said, he definitely seems to be more durable. I think McFadden could definitely be a big-time back in the NFL, but Peterson has the potential to be an all-time great, provided he can stay healthy.

Also, you could argue that Felix Jones has just as much NFL potential as McFadden. Averaged more yards per carry than McFadden did at Arkansas.

SpiderSense
01-30-2008, 04:50 PM
He is the first draft prospect I been hoping goes to the Raiders since Charles Woodson.

Why? What exactly will Oakland accomplish with McFadden that they couldn't with Fargas and Jordan? The Raiders problems are not at HB. It's so stupid that they would even entertain the thought of drafting McFadden but then again they are the Raiders.

leafs43
01-30-2008, 05:08 PM
Why? What exactly will Oakland accomplish with McFadden that they couldn't with Fargas and Jordan? The Raiders problems are not at HB. It's so stupid that they would even entertain the thought of drafting McFadden but then again they are the Raiders.

Aside from a legit #1 wide receiver (which no WR stick out in this draft), a left tackle that can zone block(takes a couple years to develop that and would be better finding one in free agency for immediate concerns), a strong safety that can lay down the law opposite of Micheal Huff, and some beef up the middle the Raiders for run support, don't actually need to much.

In fact all they really need is a stable coaching staff, something they haven't seen in 5 years.

So I would venture to say you take the best athlete you can with your 1st round draft pick. And that leads to McFadden.

As far as their current running back position. Jordan had a big year versus soft run defense but he was non existant against any decent run defense. That and he is injury prone. And Fargas is an unrestricted free agent come off season and I don't know if the Raiders are going to retain him. D. Rhodes has not proven anything to warrant a starting role at running back. And where is Micheal Bush?

ko5567
01-30-2008, 05:39 PM
adrian peterson is on a different level then most backs in the league...IF he stays healthy he has the potential to be a top notch back...mcfadden has the potential to be good in the nfl, but we'll have to see first...also lmao at the guy who said that AP could run 4.25-4.28 u obviously have no idea how fast that is

leafs43
01-30-2008, 05:42 PM
adrian peterson is on a different level then most backs in the league...IF he stays healthy he has the potential to be a top notch back...mcfadden has the potential to be good in the nfl, but we'll have to see first...also lmao at the guy who said that AP could run 4.25-4.28 u obviously have no idea how fast that is

In high school AD ran a 10.3 100 meter dash.

Yes he is that fast.

ko5567
01-30-2008, 05:50 PM
In high school AD ran a 10.3 100 meter dash.

Yes he is that fast.

yeah i know he's fast but a 4.25-4.28 your getting borderline with world class OLYMPIC sprinters

IllumX
01-30-2008, 06:11 PM
Mcfadden doesn't make cuts. Alot of highlights i've seen is him running straight. He'll better than reggie bush, but not adrian peterson.

leafs43
01-30-2008, 06:21 PM
yeah i know he's fast but a 4.25-4.28 your getting borderline with world class OLYMPIC sprinters

James Jett was an alternate on an olympic 400 relay team and had a 40 time of around 4.20.

And every know and again I look at track and field results and olympic sprinters often fall into the 10.1 range if they are not on the verge of breaking a record.

So yes AD is almost as fast as an olympic sprinter, so yes 4.28 is possible.

James Jett, an olympic alternate in the 1994 games who played in the NFL had a 40 time of around 4.20-4.21. I heard Darrel Green got down to a 4.19. So yes NFL players are and do get that fast.

ko5567
01-30-2008, 06:28 PM
James Jett was an alternate on an olympic 400 relay team and had a 40 time of around 4.20.

And every know and again I look at track and field results and olympic sprinters often fall into the 10.1 range if they are not on the verge of breaking a record.

So yes AD is almost as fast as an olympic sprinter, so yes 4.28 is possible.

James Jett, an olympic alternate in the 1994 games who played in the NFL had a 40 time of around 4.20-4.21. I heard Darrel Green got down to a 4.19. So yes NFL players are and do get that fast.

u realize that they also use to test 40 times in the nfl by manual timing where human error has a major influence in the 40 time...so comparing someone in 1994 to today where they use automatic timing is completely differnt

i dont doubt that there have been some amazingly fast people in the nfl...most of these have been under 200 pounds, AP weighs about 218, if someone in the NFL can run under 4.3 they're most likely in the 190> range

Crest_Man
01-30-2008, 06:29 PM
Mcfadden doesn't make cuts. Alot of highlights i've seen is him running straight. He'll better than reggie bush, but not adrian peterson.

peterson gets injured too much

gg

leafs43
01-30-2008, 06:36 PM
u realize that they also use to test 40 times in the nfl by manual timing where human error has a major influence in the 40 time...so comparing someone in 1994 to today where they use automatic timing is completely differnt

i dont doubt that there have been some amazingly fast people in the nfl...most of these have been under 200 pounds, AP weighs about 218, if someone in the NFL can run under 4.3 they're most likely in the 190> range

Human error is duely noted.

If I wanted to account for human error I would say Bo Jackson with a 4.12, or Darrell Green with a 4.15 both taken manually. And both due to human reaction time.

Fabian Washington electronically timed coming out in the draft a couple years ago ran a 4.25. So electronicall timed speeds that low are still possible. Peterson is a freak of nature with his size being able to sprint as fast as he can.

ko5567
01-30-2008, 06:48 PM
Human error is duely noted.

If I wanted to account for human error I would say Bo Jackson with a 4.12, or Darrell Green with a 4.15 both taken manually. And both due to human reaction time.

Fabian Washington electronically timed coming out in the draft a couple years ago ran a 4.25. So electronicall timed speeds that low are still possible. Peterson is a freak of nature with his size being able to sprint as fast as he can.

yeah i heard about fabian washington running the fastest electronic timing, and the fastest manual timing is deangelo hall at 4.15 i believe...AP no doubt is amazingly fast for his size, up there with patrick willis who ran a 4.38 at 230...I just hope that AP can stay healthy his whole career because he has amazing potential

DiamondDelts
01-30-2008, 08:21 PM
McFadden got completely shut down by Mizzou's defense in the Cotton Bowl. Now I don't want to bash on my team's defense, but they were not amazing this year. MU's defense was extremely young this year. Now next year MU's defense will be its strong suit because they return 10 of 11 starters. So to answer your question no! DMac will not be as good or better than Peterson his rookie year.

Lol. So a hundred yard rushing game qualifies as being COMPLETELY shut down? Nice homer stats.

laxer22
01-30-2008, 09:19 PM
lmao at the guy who said that AP could run 4.25-4.28 u obviously have no idea how fast that is

lmao at the guy who's never seen aps electronically timed 40 times at OU. between 4.25-4.28. now go ahead and stfu.

kooldude
01-30-2008, 09:24 PM
yeah i heard about fabian washington running the fastest electronic timing, and the fastest manual timing is deangelo hall at 4.15 i believe...AP no doubt is amazingly fast for his size, up there with patrick willis who ran a 4.38 at 230...I just hope that AP can stay healthy his whole career because he has amazing potential

how can Willis run a 4.38 when Calvin Johnson runs a 4.35?

laxer22
01-30-2008, 09:28 PM
lmao at the guy who said that AP could run 4.25-4.28 u obviously have no idea how fast that is

lmao at the guy who's never seen aps electronically timed 40 times at OU. between 4.25-4.28. now go ahead and stfu.

ko5567
01-30-2008, 11:31 PM
how can Willis run a 4.38 when Calvin Johnson runs a 4.35?

thats what he ran at the combine 4.37 and 4.38

8xK_gX6mjBE

he says he ran a 4.37 and 4.38 starting at 3:46

ko5567
01-30-2008, 11:35 PM

Peterson expects to run a 4.3 40: He says his goal is to run the 40-yard dash in about 4.3 seconds and everything else will take care of itself. Some draft analysts have Peterson going as high as the number four pick in the draft - which is held by the Cleveland Browns. (FOX23.com)

http://www.gnextinc.com/ou/player/adrian_peterson.html

Ran a team-best 4.37 in the 40 in the spring of 2006

http://www.adrianpetersononline.com/adrian-peterson-biography.php

so if he ran a 4.25-4.28 why would he expect to run something higher then that? let me guess u know AP better than he does? lmao nice try

Cramerica
01-31-2008, 06:15 AM

Uhhh...didn't he have over 100 yards rushing in that game?

Plus, he plays for Arkanas. Arkansas would be NOTHING without McFadden.

kooldude
01-31-2008, 08:12 AM
thats what he ran at the combine 4.37 and 4.38

8xK_gX6mjBE

he says he ran a 4.37 and 4.38 starting at 3:46

how does that big guy runs faster than some wide receivers? haha he looks too big to be a wideout.

ko5567
01-31-2008, 08:48 AM
how does that big guy runs faster than some wide receivers? haha he looks too big to be a wideout.

like adrian peterson they're both freaks of nature lol...hence why willis was the leading tackler in the NFL and why both of them are going to the pro bowl

Crest_Man
02-24-2008, 12:52 PM
The 4.27 was a sign of the greatness to come. Darren Mcfadden will be a MUCH better rb than Adrian Peterson. Adrian Peterson is not durable. Mcfadden is.

The-Iceman
02-24-2008, 01:04 PM
The 4.27 was a sign of the greatness to come. Darren Mcfadden will be a MUCH better rb than Adrian Peterson. Adrian Peterson is not durable. Mcfadden is.

You dont put logic or facts behind any of your posts, you just spew random BS. We will see how strong McFadden's little chicken legs are in the NFL

ajn
02-24-2008, 01:04 PM
The 4.27 was a sign of the greatness to come.
just like Troy Williamson's 4.32 was a sign that he would be the next Randy Moss, right?

IllumX
02-24-2008, 01:20 PM

durable? lmao...stop spewing nonsense..the only reason he got hurt this past season is because that guy directly went straight into his knee on purpose. That means he isn't durable?

AP>McFadden

The Prime Nip
02-24-2008, 01:23 PM
McFadden has a little Pac Man Jones in him and a little Travis Henry in him (off the field characteristics). He's got skills, but he doesn't seem like a likeable guy or future leader of a team. I prefer Adrian Peterson.

Getdiesel1212
02-24-2008, 02:32 PM
Even though Mcfadden Ran a 4.37 40 or what ever he's not top 1 in my board. He runs tall, once hit he's down depends on speed.

Im going by who I think is going to better in the PRO'S.

1. Mendenhall- Mendenhall is a tremendously gifted all-purpose back who has great skills and quickness out of the backfield. He's an elusive runner who has great vision and awareness. He sets up opponents nicely, jukes, and makes them miss. He has quick feet and is able to stop and start without losing any momentum. He has a great combination of finesse and strength that allow him to run inside and outside, and pick up tough yards. He flashes sure hands out of the backfield and allows his blockers to set up in front of him. He picks up blitzes and is quality blocker

2. Stewart- most complete back at of all them. Speed, Strength, acceleration. Not a true burner but very fast for his size. only top back with decent size. He can move the pile and can turn the corner. He is a pretty good pass catcher and can run back kicks if needed. He doesn't go down with arm tackles and uses his legs to get extra yardage when he hits the pile.

3. Mcfadden- He's an all purpose back, he runs hard, has great durability, and has very good speed. His running style resembles that of Adrian Peterson.

Rockwilder
02-24-2008, 02:45 PM
Even though Mcfadden Ran a 4.37 40 or what ever he's not top 1 in my board. He runs tall, once hit he's down depends on speed.

Im going by who I think is going to better in the PRO'S.

1. Mendenhall- Mendenhall is a tremendously gifted all-purpose back who has great skills and quickness out of the backfield. He's an elusive runner who has great vision and awareness. He sets up opponents nicely, jukes, and makes them miss. He has quick feet and is able to stop and start without losing any momentum. He has a great combination of finesse and strength that allow him to run inside and outside, and pick up tough yards. He flashes sure hands out of the backfield and allows his blockers to set up in front of him. He picks up blitzes and is quality blocker

2. Stewart- most complete back at of all them. Speed, Strength, acceleration. Not a true burner but very fast for his size. only top back with decent size. He can move the pile and can turn the corner. He is a pretty good pass catcher and can run back kicks if needed. He doesn't go down with arm tackles and uses his legs to get extra yardage when he hits the pile.

3. Mcfadden- He's an all purpose back, he runs hard, has great durability, and has very good speed. His running style resembles that of Adrian Peterson.

Didn't stop Marcus Allen from dominating.

Getdiesel1212
02-24-2008, 03:05 PM
Didn't stop Marcus Allen from dominating.

I didn't say he isn't going to dominate. This class is very strong for Running back. These 3 guys will defiantly all make an impact in the league. I just think Medenhall will have the best career.

SpiderSense
02-24-2008, 03:07 PM
Even though Mcfadden Ran a 4.37 40 or what ever he's not top 1 in my board. He runs tall

Trust me when I say this was the #1 knock on AP before last season with scouts. Not his injuries. they said he rain to straight up, never made cuts, didn't shy away from contact.

How did things turn out for him ;)

Lost in all of this is the team. If DMac goes to a team with comparable run blocking, he should produce comparable results to AP.

Getdiesel1212
02-24-2008, 03:11 PM
Trust me when I say this was the #1 knock on AP before last season with scouts. Not his injuries. they said he rain to straight up, never made cuts, didn't shy away from contact.

How did things turn out for him ;)

Lost in all of this is the team. If DMac goes to a team with comparable run blocking, he should produce comparable results to AP.

Look at Reggie Bush all the hype. He hasnt done a thing on the ground yet. Plus Darren isn't really good out of the backfield catching. As for comparable results to AP. No there no way AP is a back that only comes every 5-10 years. (barry sanders, LT, Jim Brown, Emmit Smith) I think Mcfadden will produce, but he isn't going to be a adrian peterson

SpiderSense
02-24-2008, 04:49 PM
Well then he must have a time machine. What kind of crap logic is that?

FinalStand
04-26-2008, 05:57 AM
time for run dmc to go to oakland. move over marcus allen you got company.

IllumX
04-26-2008, 09:54 AM
shame wanted the jets to get him. THey need a spark to their offense.

FinalStand
04-26-2008, 01:02 PM
another crestor prediction

robogain
04-26-2008, 01:04 PM
to the raiderrrrrrrrrs

DiamondDelts
04-26-2008, 04:16 PM
I am NOT happy about arkansas's pride and joy going to that ****HOLE in cali. No blocking. Dudu quarterback. Bubu defense. Sweet jesus. There goes all of my hope for my boy.:(

jlick
04-26-2008, 04:22 PM
I am NOT happy about arkansas's pride and joy going to that ****HOLE in cali. No blocking. Dudu quarterback. Bubu defense. Sweet jesus. There goes all of my hope for my boy.:(

lol wut?

Justin fargas who was basically a no-namer until 07 ran for over 1000 yard. the raiders have good run blocking.

robogain
04-26-2008, 04:23 PM

LOL wut?

vikesfankevin
04-26-2008, 09:03 PM
Not reading all of these but I was gonna start a thread before I saw this one. I am getting sick of hearing this "if you loved adrian peterson wait until you see darren mcfadden" Ok AD is either the best or second best back in the league. Pro bowl MVP as a rookie. Lets wait until Mcfadden plays an nfl game before we start comparing them. reggie bush owned college and now hes a glorified kick returner. Maybe he will be good but lets not compare yet.

KingCanuck
04-26-2008, 09:06 PM
Not reading all of these but I was gonna start a thread before I saw this one. I am getting sick of hearing this "if you loved adrian peterson wait until you see darren mcfadden" Ok AD is either the best or second best back in the league. Pro bowl MVP as a rookie. Lets wait until Mcfadden plays an nfl game before we start comparing them. reggie bush owned college and now hes a glorified kick returner. Maybe he will be good but lets not compare yet.

I agree that Peterson > McFadden, but don't brag about a MVP award in an all-star game no one tries at.

And Reggie Bush is more than a glorified kick returner.

vikesfankevin
04-26-2008, 09:18 PM
I agree that Peterson > McFadden, but don't brag about a MVP award in an all-star game no one tries at.

And Reggie Bush is more than a glorified kick returner.

Yea ur right I was upset. They just mentioned it on sportscenter. Bush is a good player but is not living up to the hype. Lets just see what someone can do in the nfl before we start comparing them to nfl players. People seem to forget that every player in the nfl was one of the best players in college. To shread a defense in college is 1 thing but in the nfl it is totally different

Raidersfan13
04-26-2008, 09:20 PM

Well man, not gonna lie, we are definitely not the best football team out there.....but I think your boy mcfadden will be just fine.

We switched to a zone blocking scheme last year, and it really improved the blocking. We were #6 in rush offense I believe. Yes, Jamarcus is 'dudu' right now, but once he learnes the ropes, im sure he will be a more than capable QB. As for defense, Oakland has arguably one of the best young linebacking tandems and cornerback duos in the nfl. I honestly believe Kiffin is turning this program around, and it will work out fine for McFadden.

bmy-
04-26-2008, 09:21 PM
Reggie wasn't drafted as an every down back. When Stecker/Deuce are effective Reggie tears it up.

Forte will outperform DMAC imo.

DiamondDelts
04-26-2008, 09:24 PM
Well man, not gonna lie, we are definitely not the best football team out there.....but I think your boy mcfadden will be just fine.

We switched to a zone blocking scheme last year, and it really improved the blocking. We were #6 in rush offense I believe. Yes, Jamarcus is 'dudu' right now, but once he learnes the ropes, im sure he will be a more than capable QB. As for defense, Oakland has arguably one of the best young linebacking tandems and cornerback duos in the nfl. I honestly believe Kiffin is turning this program around, and it will work out fine for McFadden.

I hope so bro. A state like arkansas only gets a guy like DMAC every 20-30 years. I really hope he is given a chance to do well.

FinalStand
04-26-2008, 09:28 PM
Reggie wasn't drafted as an every down back. When Stecker/Deuce are effective Reggie tears it up.

Forte will outperform DMAC imo.

idiot

bmy-
04-26-2008, 09:38 PM
idiot

lol que? Look at what forte did at tulane. Against everyone they played.

EDIT: Have you even watched footage on forte?

FinalStand
04-26-2008, 09:42 PM
u probably think joe flacco is gonna be the next all pro too

Rockwilder
04-26-2008, 10:33 PM

LOL tell em DD.

macmoney
04-26-2008, 11:28 PM
Man this is retarded.... AD had one of the greatest years any rookie running back could have, and now your going to say DMC is goin to be better, when you look at A) the team he went on has **** for an O, and B) anyother team that he would have gone to in the top 10 he wouldnt have done anything either except for maybe 2, IF they drafted him....
Miami- NO line and even worse QB situation
Rams- S. Jackson (way better then DMC)
Atlanta- No Line
Raiders- No line, 2nd yr QB
K.C.- L.J. (way better then DMC)
Jets- he would have been able to make an immediate impact, could have split time w/ Jones and learned also learned alot from jones about off field problems.
N.O.- They already have 2 good RB's
Jacksonville- They already have 2 really good RB's
Cinncy- don't think he would have been good here b/c of the major off field problems this team carries right now
N.E.- He could have made a immediate impact just like the jets except he would be splittin time w/ marrony.

im not saying AD did it b/c he is on one of the best olines in the NFL, b/c it dose take alot of skill to do what he did, expecially what he did against the chargers BUT you do have to come into the right situation, and first round QB has to have at least one offensive weapon to pass to and has to have a decent O-line so he wont get sacked every couple of plays... look at P. Manning and Ryan Leaf, P. Manning already had marvin harrison and a decent oline and can you name a player on the chargers offense when Ryan leaf went?

So instead of saying DMC is going to be this great player you should really think about WHO he is going to, The type of person he is off the field, and and the type of people he will be w/ off the field, and the type of people his family is, ALSO you should look at how many turnovers that player had (he had 23 turnovers.... correct me if im wrong) and thats in college, imagine what will happen in the NFL where there bigger stronger faster and hit a whole lot harder.... and Instead of looking at someones highlight real which always makes someone look good, look at there whole game, look at if it is just the style of offense they ran, look at if HE ran inside and outside (DMC runs outside only). AND to everone that says Russel is going to learn the ropes, I hardly doubt he will when HE wouldnt sign his contract be4 training camp, which everyone will say is the most important time for a QB and any rookie is there first training camp. but also the fact that he is majorly out of shape in the off season when he should be getting into the best shape... I know he isnt 300 pounds but the what he is is out of shape and LOOKS like he is 300, and getting your self out of shape in the offseason to me means you are not dedicated. O and another thing, they have to play Denver, K.C. and the Chargers 2 times each year, which is pretty tough expecially when K.C. just drafted the best player in the draft in Glen Dorsey

7~911
04-26-2008, 11:31 PM

haters keep hatin' haha

You do realize that Raiders had the 6th best rushing attack last season with freaking JUSTIN FARGAS, imagine what they can do with DMC. And sure Raider football has been pitiful over the last couple of years but it's far from a ****hole and I believe Russell and McFadden will bring us back to where we belong, at the top of AFC west.

macmoney
04-27-2008, 12:02 AM
yep you also had 18th in TD's and 4th in attempts and 11th in avg. which is OK but you ran against
DET 23th ranked run Defense
DEN 30th ranked run Defense
CLE 27th
MIA 32nd
SD 16th
KC 28th
TEN 5th
HOU 19th
CHI 24th
MIN 1st
KC 28th
DEN 30th
GB 14th
IND 15th
JAC 11th
SD 16th

so 5/16 games are against decent run defenses and 2 are in the top ten so yea

niospecv
04-27-2008, 09:33 AM
Everyone coming out of the draft could be a bust. It's dumb to say, "he could be a bust." Well no **** moron they haven't played in the NFL yet.

macmoney
04-27-2008, 10:17 AM
Everyone coming out of the draft could be a bust. It's dumb to say, "he could be a bust." Well no **** moron they haven't played in the NFL yet.

Most people here are putting out educated quesses, they THINK he is going to be a bust, and then put up there reason's behind it. People are just maken a convo as to what they think, of course no one really knows, its just educated quesses

DiamondDelts
04-27-2008, 12:28 PM
I remember all the **** they talked about adrian coming into the draft last year. "He's had injury issues""He's been a workhorse since high school, maybe his body is worn out already"Now he's sitting on top of the world. Hopefully dmac will silence the doubters as well.

Ace28
04-27-2008, 12:53 PM
I remember all the **** they talked about adrian coming into the draft last year. "He's had injury issues""He's been a workhorse since high school, maybe his body is worn out already"Now he's sitting on top of the world. Hopefully dmac will silence the doubters as well.

He doesn't have near the feet or fluid hips that AD has, he is a straight line runner with really stiff hips. He will be a package specific guy early on and i have doubts he will ever be the guy. But he does have speed, and you can always find a way to get a guy involved on offense who has speed.

macmoney
04-28-2008, 05:19 PM
He doesn't have near the feet or fluid hips that AD has, he is a straight line runner with really stiff hips. He will be a package specific guy early on and i have doubts he will ever be the guy. But he does have speed, and you can always find a way to get a guy involved on offense who has speed.

well put... i think he will be like what Reggie was his rookie season, a Decoy, but i wouldnt draft someone in the top 5 to be a decoy

UAGreg
04-29-2008, 08:11 PM
Man this is retarded.... AD had one of the greatest years any rookie running back could have, and now your going to say DMC is goin to be better, when you look at A) the team he went on has **** for an O, and B) anyother team that he would have gone to in the top 10 he wouldnt have done anything either except for maybe 2, IF they drafted him....
Miami- NO line and even worse QB situation
Rams- S. Jackson (way better then DMC)
Atlanta- No Line
Raiders- No line, 2nd yr QB
K.C.- L.J. (way better then DMC)
Jets- he would have been able to make an immediate impact, could have split time w/ Jones and learned also learned alot from jones about off field problems.
N.O.- They already have 2 good RB's
Jacksonville- They already have 2 really good RB's
Cinncy- don't think he would have been good here b/c of the major off field problems this team carries right now
N.E.- He could have made a immediate impact just like the jets except he would be splittin time w/ marrony.

im not saying AD did it b/c he is on one of the best olines in the NFL, b/c it dose take alot of skill to do what he did, expecially what he did against the chargers BUT you do have to come into the right situation, and first round QB has to have at least one offensive weapon to pass to and has to have a decent O-line so he wont get sacked every couple of plays... look at P. Manning and Ryan Leaf, P. Manning already had marvin harrison and a decent oline and can you name a player on the chargers offense when Ryan leaf went?

So instead of saying DMC is going to be this great player you should really think about WHO he is going to, The type of person he is off the field, and and the type of people he will be w/ off the field, and the type of people his family is, ALSO you should look at how many turnovers that player had (he had 23 turnovers.... correct me if im wrong) and thats in college, imagine what will happen in the NFL where there bigger stronger faster and hit a whole lot harder.... and Instead of looking at someones highlight real which always makes someone look good, look at there whole game, look at if it is just the style of offense they ran, look at if HE ran inside and outside (DMC runs outside only). AND to everone that says Russel is going to learn the ropes, I hardly doubt he will when HE wouldnt sign his contract be4 training camp, which everyone will say is the most important time for a QB and any rookie is there first training camp. but also the fact that he is majorly out of shape in the off season when he should be getting into the best shape... I know he isnt 300 pounds but the what he is is out of shape and LOOKS like he is 300, and getting your self out of shape in the offseason to me means you are not dedicated. O and another thing, they have to play Denver, K.C. and the Chargers 2 times each year, which is pretty tough expecially when K.C. just drafted the best player in the draft in Glen Dorsey

You should get your facts straight about Russell before you start running your mouth about him. If you knew anything about the Raiders you would know that Russell is in the best shape of his career right now, Kiffin himself said he's in better shape now than he was for his pro day at LSU. Also, he's the first one to arrive in the morning, and the last to leave so he's definitely dedicated. Also if you've ever heard of a thing called the zone blocking system, you would realize that McFadden will be fine because it doesn't require the most skilled lineman. Also why would the Raiders draft Dorsey when they just signed Tommy Kelly to a huge contract. Even though Dorsey might be better, they aren't gonna pay Kelly 55 mil to sit on the bench.

DiamondDelts
04-29-2008, 09:40 PM
If only Dallas could have traded up to get darren. Then he could run behind the monsters as adrian does.

King of the Misc
04-30-2008, 04:50 AM
If only Dallas could have traded up to get darren. Then he could run behind the monsters as adrian does.

What do you think of Felix Jones?

DiamondDelts
04-30-2008, 10:01 AM

Felix has breakout speed but he does not have the instinct to cut like dmac has. All these others guys are saying tha mcfadden runs stiff which I believe is a bunch of bull****. A stiff runner with speed was herschel walker. And dmac damn sure is no herschel.

Felix has been known to dance sometimes behind the line. If he can become more commited to making faster decisions and hitting a hole quicker he might be a sensation in the pros.

Mr.Hapy
08-17-2008, 10:46 AM
mcfadden has been mcbeasting so far in preseason

burg
08-17-2008, 10:53 AM
that use to really annoy me, i use to (and still do) love watching AD because he just takes his game to another level and most of his injuries were just freak accidents, its not like he was blowing out his knees or anything

I dont think DMac will make the same impression as AD but he will still be better than what most people have been saying, he needs to improve his decision making IMO

the guys more of a situational RB and thats why he got drafted. Cowboys already had a work horse and Felix should be a great compliment, speed backs are doing some really impressive things lately

Chris Johnson has impressed me alot and i thought the dude was drafted way to high

fivas15
08-17-2008, 10:57 AM
mcfadden has been mcbeasting so far in preseason

Why was your originial (crestor) account banned?

Mr.Hapy
08-17-2008, 10:59 AM
Why was your originial (crestor) account banned?

i called out some "girl" for being a guy in callout thread

she was a guy

i get banned anyway

NJLife
08-17-2008, 11:43 AM
I like both adrian peterson and dmac both I hope will be great for the game.

C-Squared
08-17-2008, 11:46 AM
100% nobody in the next 5 years will have a rookie year like AD - that happens once a generation.

capitaboarder
08-17-2008, 12:16 PM

So you are the 'crestor' that makes all these stupid predictions that people post, then everyone laughs at?

You have no credibility in anything whatsoever based on the predictions I have seen you make.

Unless they were using your name for stupid **** and it wasn't really you...but who knows...

Anyways, I disagree, AP had the best rookie season a RB could dream of, and it won't happen for anyone again until after he is retired...

NJLife
08-17-2008, 12:27 PM
So you are the 'crestor' that makes all these stupid predictions that people post, then everyone laughs at?

You have no credibility in anything whatsoever based on the predictions I have seen you make.

Unless they were using your name for stupid **** and it wasn't really you...but who knows...

Anyways, I disagree, AP had the best rookie season a RB could dream of, and it won't happen for anyone again until after he is retired...
Just because it is statistically rare for a rookie to have that kind of season, doesn't mean it "won't" happen. The probability of it might be low based on the evidence I have gathered from rookie rb seasons over the past 30 years, doesn't mean that it couldn't happen at ALL. It's possibile. With athletes coming out of college these days who are even bigger and faster than 20 years ago. I wouldn't say they will get the EXACT same accomplishments but I'm quite sure someone will come along and do similar things.

capitaboarder
08-17-2008, 12:39 PM
Just because it is statistically rare for a rookie to have that kind of season, doesn't mean it "won't" happen. The probability of it might be low based on the evidence I have gathered from rookie rb seasons over the past 30 years, doesn't mean that it couldn't happen at ALL. It's possibile. With athletes coming out of college these days who are even bigger and faster than 20 years ago. I wouldn't say they will get the EXACT same accomplishments but I'm quite sure someone will come along and do similar things.

Sure, anything is possible at any given time, but the chances of it happening are not very likely...

Like, take for example, the Jets winning the SB...It's possible, but there's a 99.9999% chance it's not going to happen...

CherokeeNation
09-14-2008, 11:56 AM
mcfadden is BEASTINGGGGGGGGGGGG

fivas15
09-14-2008, 11:56 AM
Packers > Giants

7~911
09-14-2008, 11:57 AM
Mcfadden just had 50+yard run and then a 19 yard TD!!

C-Squared
09-14-2008, 11:58 AM
Packers > Giants

By that same logic, Aaron Rogers > Peyton Manning, because you're going off of one and a half games...

CherokeeNation
09-14-2008, 11:58 AM
ask my ***** robogain i called mcfadden to the raiders in OCTOBER OCTOBER FFS

damn i am good

fivas15
09-14-2008, 11:59 AM
By that same logic, Aaron Rogers > Peyton Manning, because you're going off of one and a half games...

You're unaware.

Packers > Giants

CherokeeNation
09-14-2008, 12:00 PM

LOL WUT?????????????

gogators222
09-14-2008, 12:06 PM
Mcfadden just had 50+yard run and then a 19 yard TD!!

nice. I wish I saw that!

CherokeeNation
09-14-2008, 12:08 PM
ladies and gentleman run dmc is lose 16 rush 135 yards and not even 4th quarter

capitaboarder
09-14-2008, 12:11 PM
Yea and he's so much better than AD...

CherokeeNation
09-14-2008, 12:12 PM
Yea and he's so much better than AD...

will you please go die? god if you had some balls you would actually serve in the army instead of being a computer geek

capitaboarder
09-14-2008, 12:14 PM
Haha..go fukking kill yourself. I wish you would fukking come here and we can put you in a humvee and send you out into the middle of Baghdad so we wouldn't be losing lives that matter and people will miss.

CherokeeNation
09-14-2008, 12:15 PM
Haha..go fukking kill yourself. I wish you would fukking come here and we can put you in a humvee and send you out into the middle of Baghdad so we wouldn't be losing lives that matter and people will miss.

lol quit acting like you have any authority you're a computer GEEK in the army.

fivas15
09-14-2008, 12:17 PM

A ****ing men.

Send him through the middle of baghdad during the middle of the night.

capitaboarder
09-14-2008, 12:19 PM
lol quit acting like you have any authority you're a computer GEEK in the army.

I'm not even in the Army fukkface. And i'm not acting like I have authority, I'm pretty sure I speak for the entire forums when I say you are an annoying, worthless piece of ****. You will never amount to anything in life. That's why you waste your time making alt acct after alt acct. to annoy other people. That is all you are capable of. You will never have a gf, get married, get a car, get a house, have a decent paying job or career. Just kill yourself now and save yourself the embarrassment of a failed life.

CherokeeNation
09-14-2008, 12:26 PM
I'm not even in the Army fukkface. And i'm not acting like I have authority, I'm pretty sure I speak for the entire forums when I say you are an annoying, worthless piece of ****. You will never amount to anything in life. That's why you waste your time making alt acct after alt acct. to annoy other people. That is all you are capable of. You will never have a gf, get married, get a car, get a house, have a decent paying job or career. Just kill yourself now and save yourself the embarrassment of a failed life.

lol u mad?

capitaboarder
09-14-2008, 12:28 PM
No just sick of you being a dumb piece of ****. What I said is true. If it wasn't you wouldn't be wasting time trolling the forums like a douche.

GPx
09-14-2008, 12:39 PM
ladies and gentleman run dmc is lose 16 rush 135 yards and not even 4th quarter

He's playing the Chiefs and has 2 lost fumbles.

7~911
09-14-2008, 12:42 PM
He's playing the Chiefs and has 2 lost fumbles.

1 lost fumble brah

batman15
12-28-2008, 10:45 PM
i am sorry but this crestor prediction has not been up to par so far

It's ok most giraffes aren't very smart anyways :)

But this prediction WILL come true, I'll back you up on it

PicsNao
12-29-2008, 12:58 AM
lol this thread is wins more than the Cowboy winning the super bowl thread. Man McFadden isn't even better than Michael Bush.

robogain
12-29-2008, 01:33 AM
lol this thread is wins more than the Cowboy winning the super bowl thread. Man McFadden isn't even better than Michael Bush.

too bad mcfaddens been hurt throughout the whole season

TheStack
10-05-2009, 07:57 AM
http://www.poormojo.org/pmjadaily/archives/Blank-Facepalm.gif

Azzurri
10-05-2009, 07:59 AM
I have yet to see Mcfadden have a breakout game, it's not all his fault, he does play for the Raiders, hahaha.

cantbeatsec
01-10-2011, 10:19 PM
I have yet to see Mcfadden have a breakout game, it's not all his fault, he does play for the Raiders, hahaha.

wat

JTrain306
01-10-2011, 10:21 PM
http://www.poormojo.org/pmjadaily/archives/Blank-Facepalm.gif
Do you like him now?

batman15
01-10-2011, 10:23 PM
It's ok most giraffes aren't very smart anyways :)

But this prediction WILL come true, I'll back you up on it

I told you bro.