PDA

View Full Version : The Anatomy Thread: Exercises To Hit Different Muscle Fibers

prior22
06-07-2005, 12:54 AM
I dont really see too much info on this so I figured it was worth a shot to start a thread about hitting different muscle fibers in certain muscles. Maybe some of us can learn an anatomy lesson as well because I dont know anything when it comes to that.

Lets start with the Traps. http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/traps.htm
What trap exercises hit which muscle?

juanca
06-07-2005, 06:25 AM
dude, just click on the links within that same link YOU just posted.

JC

USMuscle9403
06-07-2005, 09:18 AM
I hate to sound like an Animal Pak ad but...

Just shut the **** up and lift. Don't worry about hitting quadrant 2 of your pec minor. A good variety of exercises that should already be in your bodybuilding routine will be just fine.

BigTruckGuy3500
06-07-2005, 02:46 PM
I'm gonna have to agree with what other people said. Just lift. Use common sense when thinking about what exercises to use. If you feel tension in a certain muscle, then you're likely using it, whether it is isolated or not you'll have to see.

But for the traps, shrugs are a good isolation workout. Deadlifts do put tension on them, and seated cable rows will put a little tension on them as well if done where you let your back stretch out all the way.

prior22
06-07-2005, 02:48 PM
ya i just realized that its a headache trying to figure out these things ...to much info for something that doesnt matter,but thats why i posted this in advanced just so you guys can debate on the subject...thanks

E_Scapegoat
06-14-2005, 03:14 PM
I hate to sound like an Animal Pak ad but...

Just shut the **** up and lift. Don't worry about hitting quadrant 2 of your pec minor. A good variety of exercises that should already be in your bodybuilding routine will be just fine.

I agree w/ you, but if someone can actually sit and research all that, then good for them. Might slightly help them, but id rather waste my time in different ways.

Boridi
06-14-2005, 04:18 PM
doing a normal shrug will emphasize the upper traps
doing a bent over shrug like you're starting a bent over bb row will emphasize middle traps
hanging onto a pullup and pulling shoulder blades back will emphasize the lower traps

K_muscle
06-14-2005, 04:31 PM
doing a normal shrug will emphasize the upper traps
doing a bent over shrug like you're starting a bent over bb row will emphasize middle traps
hanging onto a pullup and pulling shoulder blades back will emphasize the lower traps
yup...

*does second set of deadlifts*

skimmer
06-14-2005, 07:59 PM
If your talking about different fibers, and not parts, then it depends on reps, not the exercise.