PDA

View Full Version : hey how ya'll doing

Leo hunter
08-07-2002, 05:00 PM
wassup
i'm 15 year old female, 5'7 - 110lbs from NY, and I'm trying to shape my muscles. mostly lower body parts. i want to make my butts and hamstring harder (they're hard, but I feel its not enough). i have applied to many modeling companies, and I think I'm already making progress.

now for what i do, i tried doing exercises such as squats (LOVE EM) , leg curles, and hack squats. i do 15 reps each. now i feel that i'm not going anywhere. can anybody help. my diet is perfect. but i have problems with workouts.

if anybody is humble enough to list appropriate exercises and how many reps, sets, etc to do, i will thankfully appreciate it.

love,
Dina

Sweetness
08-07-2002, 10:54 PM
The problem could simply be your age. You could be doing everything right and your body just isnt mature enough to respond yet. Just keep doing what your doing, results dont come right away. With perserverance your body will adventually adjust to the workload. .........Lots of weight right?? From what I have read so far, there seems to be a general agreement that reps should be kept over 6 to stimulate growth, and that women tend (generally) to respond better to higher reps then men do. You already do the best exercises, you may want to try lunges, I personally like them better than squats (feel the burn lol). Im not sure how many sets you do but that could be the key.....maybe increase the volume of your workload. Its really hard to say, just keep plugin and they will come around. It could even be that if you have done this routine for over 3 months your body needs a different routine to "shock" them into responding again.

something to try( I love it):

Warm up: dumbell squats, light weight 12-15 reps

Hamstring curls: 3 sets. Medium weight 10-12 reps
Heavy weight 8-10 reps
Scream out 6 more with the next choice up

Lunges: 3 sets, this time start out screaming @ 6 and work backward toward medium weight for last set.

Squats, barbell or smith, hack squats are good for variation, maybe every 3rd workout. 4-6 sets. Combine previous excersise strategy, so start medium, go heavy, screaming, then heavy, then medium again. A pyramid. Dont get too caught up in how much weight you are using in this one because you should be tired from the first 2 exercises. Screaming means whatever weight it takes to get you there, you should want to stop at the 4th rep, and have to force out the 6th. At the very end, if you still have some strength left, like you think you could do more, then you should do more until you cant. Keep going with the medium weight. Dont count, just go till you cant, and then next time you know to increase the weight.

Im a hard gainer too but I do this with all my exercises now and I found it to be the most productive. I tell myself to use "heavy" instead of "medium" and "screaming" instead of "heavy" to keep it in perspective what exactly heavy is lol.

They say that generally speaking you should go from a mass movement to an isolation movement. But in this case you do want to work on a particular part so for awhile you can "pre-fatigue" an area with an isolation, and then go to a mass. Some people like to stick with the same program strictly for 12 weeks before changing, other people like to change their workout every time they go in the gym. both are sound "theories" but you have to find what works for you, what works for one guy is not going to apply to everyone. Its a fun journey I wish you well.

Leo hunter
08-07-2002, 10:58 PM
hey sweetness, thanx for your answer. So far, it's been the best answer offered to me by this board (according to Teen Boards :D)...

i'll try what you said...thanks sweet...

Sweetness
08-10-2002, 10:09 AM
Hey no prob. Hope things work out.