PDA

View Full Version : Is my following postirior chiain statement correct?

Peter Mundy
06-04-2005, 01:42 PM
The posterior chain consists of the Erector Spinae, Gluteus Maximus and the Hamstrings. During the vertical leap if the muscular cross section motor neuron firing pattern has been altered or is inefficient the hip flexors over compensate and prevent the gluteals from being effectively activated during the vertical leap. Compound posterior chain exercises allow the correct muscular cross section motor neuron firing pattern to take place during the vertical leap.

??

Jhawk Fitness
06-04-2005, 05:04 PM
"Gluteals" instead of just specifically the maximus.

Peter Mundy
06-04-2005, 05:11 PM
"Gluteals" instead of just specifically the maximus.

Thanks, so apart from that it is correct?

DavetheDog
06-04-2005, 07:05 PM
If you want me to start another thread I will, but I've a question about this:

how can it be that simply doing compound exercises will address an incorrect firing order? I've been informed that my hamstrings fire before my glutes, which they shouldn't. So I squat and this gets fixed?! Seems a bit off to me....

Peter Mundy
06-04-2005, 07:30 PM
a squat isnt a pc chain compound..... squats recruit them but i mean along the lines of GHR's etc

Flash5k
06-04-2005, 09:38 PM
The posterior chain consists of the Erector Spinae, Gluteus Maximus and the Hamstrings. During the vertical leap if the muscular cross section motor neuron firing pattern has been altered or is inefficient the hip flexors over compensate and prevent the gluteals from being effectively activated during the vertical leap. Compound posterior chain exercises allow the correct muscular cross section motor neuron firing pattern to take place during the vertical leap.

??
The easiest way to recrute the proper firing order is be to do plyometric exercises with a focus on technique. Repetative exersises like this will improve natural motoring skills which are required for the vertical leap. Doing this as well as "compond posterior chain exercises" will be perfect for improving vertical fast.

Its funny how far proper technique will go.

DavetheDog
06-05-2005, 04:48 AM
a squat isnt a pc chain compound..... squats recruit them but i mean along the lines of GHR's etc

Ok Peter, my mistake. Take out the word squat and put in snatch grip deadlift. Explanation?