PDA

View Full Version : ESPN - Enrique Iglesias has a message for Mike Golic

caj
09-25-2007, 12:10 PM
Brady Quinn was a guest on Mike & Mike this morning. Before he came on, Greeny played a message for Golic from Enrique Iglesias, who sings the Golic/Quinn theme song 'Hero'.

Iglesias - "Hey Golic, don't be embarrassed, Quinn is my hero too."

Golic looked shocked, as well as irritated, at the message. Quinn laughed it off, but asked 'When is this going to end?' Quinn discussed the topics of Notre Dame's awful situation, being a rookie qb in the NFL, and how he felt under center the first time in college vs NFL Preseason.

After the interview, Greeny played the message from Iglesias again.

Golic - 'Unbelievable. Do you think he (Iglesias) even knows who I or Brady Quinn even is?'
Greeny - 'Probably not.'

GApump
09-25-2007, 12:12 PM
lol, I love the little songs they do on mike & mike. That little remake they did for that milk the cow bit was great. Not a big fan of them announcing games though.

caj
09-25-2007, 03:22 PM
lol, I love the little songs they do on mike & mike. That little remake they did for that milk the cow bit was great. Not a big fan of them announcing games though.

No, they bicker like an old couple. lol

But the songs and the bets they make are fun.

And I'll never hear that Enrique song again without thinking of Golic and Quinn.

BobbyZeus
09-25-2007, 03:29 PM

They did suck the air out off the Monday night game. I thought they were going to do good, but that wasn't the case. Greenberg paused at too many times. Golic wasn't that bad, but was also not impressive. I wonder how they do at the arena football games. They were always bragging about it.

DaHooligan
09-25-2007, 04:02 PM
Mike Golic needs to host that NFL prank show Again remember that? from the early 90s.

caj
09-26-2007, 04:56 AM
They did suck the air out off the Monday night game. I thought they were going to do good, but that wasn't the case. Greenberg paused at too many times. Golic wasn't that bad, but was also not impressive. I wonder how they do at the arena football games. They were always bragging about it.

I never saw an arena game, so I don't know. Their kind of banter is okay for talk radio, but not for game announcers. Greeny is just too nerdy (i.e. Kornheiser) to analyze football.