PDA

View Full Version : Ast products

Andrew_hk18
12-12-2001, 07:03 PM
I was wondering if Ast products like VP2 and Nytro-pro 40 and creatine HSC are good products. I have been reading the boards lately and im getting a feeling from big cat that are not a really good company. I always thought they were, maybe i was misinformed

gopher
12-12-2001, 10:01 PM
But over all they are one of the most reputable supplement companies around. Their products are of the highest quality. I'm sure bigcat will be along shortly to bash them but there are many of us who use AST products and are very pleased with the results.

William
12-12-2001, 10:24 PM
I think one of the main problems Big Cat has with them (besides his disagreement with them on some PH issues) is when they create "specialty" products and try to pass them off as really great and worth the difference in price.

The creatine is a prime example. I can buy AST Micronized Creatine for about $20 for 550grams (110 servings) or I can buy AST Creatine HSC for about $37 for 2lbs. (41 servings). HSC has added dextrose and some other supposed benefits, some of which are probably useful, but not necessary or worth the difference in price. In this example, it would be best to buy the AST Micronized Creatine and then use a simple sugar source to create the desired insulin spike or even order your own dextrose from a place like Protein Factory.

I'm sure their VP2 is on par with other speciality whey isolate products, but I use ISS Whey Matrix (concentrate, not isolate) and get a good whey product for much less money; the same could be said of other brands. AST is also lacking in some selection from their product line: no protein blend powders (except in NytroPro40), no ZMA product.

I use some AST products: NytroPro40, Micronized Creatine, ProFlex750 and my wife uses their CLA1000. I think these are quite good products and will continue to use them. I especially like the Micronized Creatine.

Johnabis
12-13-2001, 04:53 PM
I have loved AST's products, There vp2 is the best protein i ever used. I also take Dymetadrine about an hour before i lift and it gets me really focused. And AST has been right on when it comes to supplements tha dont work. I tried methoxy and it does not work at all. AST is the best supplement company out there

Positive K
12-13-2001, 05:15 PM
oh no! another ringer on a supplement payoll!

drew
12-13-2001, 05:19 PM
Im on both ends....Ny-tro 40 was great. Really knew it was good cause I actually had an allergic reation to the niacin added to it (only took 3 packets a day) and the Dymetadrine was good as well.

There VP2 was a waste. For a "superior post workout" shake, there should at least be some carbs.
That and there site NOT once emphasizes the need for calories to bulk.