PDA

View Full Version : 9 year old girls using steroids to get toned

Bad Dog
04-26-2005, 02:04 PM
I thought I would also post this over here in the ladies section and see what you guys think about it.
I find this story very hard to believe but then I don't live in the big cities. Nine just seems a bit to young.
http://www.local10.com/health/4415906/detail.html

kmac12
04-26-2005, 02:08 PM
I thought I would also post this over here in the ladies section and see what you guys think about it.
I find this story very hard to believe but then I don't live in the big cities. Nine just seems a bit to young.
http://www.local10.com/health/4415906/detail.html

It ridiculous. Shes 4 or 5 years too young. ;)

TurbulentFluid
04-26-2005, 02:29 PM
I blame the magazines, and the fashion trends that simply consume the poor kids... Kids and teen and women magazines, commercials and newspapers are swollen with images of perfect models sending the basic message is "if you're not thin and lean AND using our product, you'll never have a boyfriend/girlfriend, nobody will like you, your dog will bite you and you'll die alone and unwanted and fat in a puddle somewhere in the street". That's redicilous, but it's happening.

I personally think it's horrible, and that something needs to be done; firstly to explain that the models in magazines are a product of not only genetics and exercise (and often anorexia) but also of masterful photography and PhotoShop, and that a NORMAL human being doesn't have a 35cm (15.5") waist. And that sucess in life does NOT, in fact, depend solely on one's looks - there's an impact, but if you're a great looking uneducated asswipe with all the charm of a roaring bull, you don't stand much chance. Kids don't know that, and nobody bothers to tell them.

Personally, I think this is horrible. I myself am against all artificial stuff, but I understand some of the top BBs taking it in order to improve - after all, they're sportsmen and you do what you have to do. But taking steroids, testosterone and crap and runining your health (they're NINE!!!) just for the hell of it, THAT is redicilous.

spytechs_wife
04-26-2005, 02:49 PM
people make me so angry. i cant say anything else, because it just wouldnt be christian. >:(

lucubration.
04-26-2005, 09:01 PM
people make me so angry. i cant say anything else, because it just wouldnt be christian. >:(
Yeah, I don't some reporters who just make stuff up... ho hum.

Aurora
04-26-2005, 11:33 PM
I blame the all the gullable people out there who purchase these rags and perpetuate ficticious reporting.

Danimal
04-27-2005, 08:32 AM
Where the heck are 9 year olds getting juice from? I think the entire thing is BS, nothing more than sensationalism. The one guy even gets the pedophilia analogy in there.