PDA

View Full Version : working out twice a day....

c++342
04-23-2005, 11:25 AM
hey guys the search tool wont work so my apologies. i missed my forearm/shoulder workout yesterday and was wondering if i can do those earlier today and do the other workout planned for today (back/bi's) would doing forearms/shoulders and back/bi's in the same day just this once be alright? thanks for any input

RU4A69
04-23-2005, 11:37 AM
hey guys the search tool wont work so my apologies. i missed my forearm/shoulder workout yesterday and was wondering if i can do those earlier today and do the other workout planned for today (back/bi's) would doing forearms/shoulders and back/bi's in the same day just this once be alright? thanks for any input

That's fine-just get plenty of food and sleep tonight.

Old Man Big
04-23-2005, 11:51 AM

i dont see why not but i would be careful not to toast your forearms b4 u hit back/bis- that workout my suffer becaause of it,.

c++342
04-23-2005, 12:03 PM
aight thanks bros

porcupinetree
04-23-2005, 01:06 PM
Dang! I get the idea that people here are just a bit too PARANOID about overtraining. Personally, I think overtraining is largely a myth...but some people really go overboard with it.

You can hit the gym twice in one day. There have even been times when I have trained a bodypart pretty good in the morning, and then returned later that night and hit that same bodypart again. My muscles didn't shrink, I didn't get depressed, I didnt' miss sleep, I didn't have any "overtraining" effects...imagine that!

Actual Size
04-23-2005, 01:07 PM
Dang! I get the idea that people here are just a bit too PARANOID about overtraining. Personally, I think overtraining is largely a myth...but some people really go overboard with it.

You can hit the gym twice in one day. There have even been times when I have trained a bodypart pretty good in the morning, and then returned later that night and hit that same bodypart again. My muscles didn't shrink, I didn't get depressed, I didnt' miss sleep, I didn't have any "overtraining" effects...imagine that!
Then you must have good genetics because for me that would be overtraining.

mike_d
04-23-2005, 01:38 PM
The only 'overtraining' I really see is if I try to say, max my bench on a Monday then try to bench the same weight on Wednesday. I'd put up similiar numbers, but obviously not put up as much Wednesday. I need a few days between excercises. Other than that I have never seen any signs of overtraining from myself and I've been training 5x/week, for about 1 hour 20 minutes each time. I am on the lookout though...

I get lots of sleep and food everyday, that must help alot. I average 9 hours sleep a night, usually getting 10.5 - 11 hours after leg day and back day.

dudeguy
04-23-2005, 02:01 PM

I agree, stop being such panzies.

porcupinetree
04-23-2005, 02:06 PM
Then you must have good genetics because for me that would be overtraining.

I think overtraining only happens when you continually train too much. If you trained the same bodypart every day for a few weeks, then that could lead to overtraining (although I have done it, just not a lot of sets each day)...
If you decide to train a bodypart two days in a row and then let it rest for a few days, I see nothing wrong with that.

And deciding to go to the gym twice in one day to make up for missing a day, that is perfectly fine, especially if it is just a temporary thing.

Point is, overtraining does not happen from one or two workouts. It happens from many workouts. It happens when you continually train and not let the body recover over a longer period of time.
Actually, you can overtrain for a short period of time and then back off and get great results.

c++342
04-23-2005, 02:38 PM
all good posts. thanks