PDA

View Full Version : Ultimate No No's and Tips

Jrich54338
08-24-2007, 09:58 AM
Hello all,
Was wondering what are some No No's on a contest prep. Do you guys stay away from canned veggies like green beans and asparagus?? There is a new jelly out there with only 5 grams of carbs, and its made from splenda do you stay away from it? Is sugar alcohol to be avoided? Just trying to make this diet as interchangeable as possible.

Thanks Joe

JLB001
08-24-2007, 11:32 AM
fresh or frozen veggies. no canned. stay away from peas, carrots and corn.

If it comes from the inside isles of the food store you don't need unless its oats and rice.

aguy fish
08-24-2007, 11:48 AM
fresh or frozen veggies. no canned. stay away from peas, carrots and corn.

If it comes from the inside isles of the food store you don't need unless its oats and rice.

Well it's different from a person to another. I have lots of canned veg ( I wash them before eating ), tons of carrots and it works wonder for me !
No alcohol tha'ts for sure ! I saty away from processed food obviously. I cut diet dodas one week out beacuse I'm watching salt content.

JLB001
08-24-2007, 01:31 PM
sodas don't really have that much sodium if you look at the back of the can. We've already cut mine due to carbonation and the other additives in them.

In canned veggies you lose alot of the nutrients that fresh or frozen have. Plus there is no telling how long those cans have been sitting. Plus frozen actually is cheaper in the long run. Carrots have alot of sugar in them.

Also frozen chicken is usually injected with additives..so if you are watching your sodium..fresh is better on that as well, but then you should still read the package because alot of brands inject additives as well.

Cytrainer913
08-24-2007, 03:25 PM
Hey Joe,
Another thing you may want to consider during your prep and for many others is that more often than not we as BB's are the one's that do not usually get enough sodium in our diets and if you really tracked it for a day most of us will not even reach over 1500 mg's in a day and a lot of times that is not enough, so just making sure you track your numbers for carbs and getting some canned items in our diets might not be all that bad, because constantlt too low sodium numbers can make you look flat and keep less water in the muscles.

branch
08-24-2007, 03:37 PM
what about canned salmon ? is that okay

Jrich54338
08-24-2007, 03:43 PM
Craig,
Thanks I know you know what your talking about, I'm gonna stick with the canned veggies, worry about sodium the last week

thanks

Moirae
08-25-2007, 09:19 AM
I buy some canned..but the ones that say no salt added...i mostly buy frozen, which as stated above, ends up being cheaper in the long run...

i have switched recently to frozen chicken...its alittle cheaper as well..it has 370mg of sodium per 4 oz...so i figure if im cutting it everywhere else(i.e veggies and other proteins) i can afford alittle sodium in my frozen chicken...

dont cut yourself too short of your sodium or nutrients..if your taking your supplements and multi vitamins that should help take up the slack......but ALSO, on the other hand, be accountable for what your eating :D

I also stay away from sugar, sugar alcohol.and stick with stevia and splenda and aspartame(which i try to keep to a minimum for personal reasons).....the diet coke with splenda doesnt taste half bad actually :)

just remember...everyone is different..as you get leaner you will be able to feel the effects of what your putting into your body even more..

best of luck with your goals :D