PDA

View Full Version : Something Special (serious)

illogic
08-22-2007, 12:16 PM
My girlfriend and I are planning on going out and doing something "nice" early next month.

I am trying to come up with something special I can do for her. I want to do something that she would find romantic/memorable.

No idea is too elaborate and money won't be an issue

Have you guys done anything for your partner that might inspire me?

Reps for thoughful replys

Lil Freek
08-22-2007, 12:21 PM
buy the Concorde jet and fly around the world overnight.
On the flight, have Frank Sinatra reanimated and sing for you.
Serve her fine meats of endangered animals and the finest wines from the 1800's.
Upon arrival back at home, have Cirque du Soleil welcome her home with a full outdoors show at the airport.

I'm glad money isn't an issue for you - i could never afford that date.

edit: since reanimation is still not likely, you can just have Elvis Costello sing for you, instead.

illogic
08-22-2007, 12:25 PM
Serve her fine meats of endangered animals and the finest wines from the 1800's.
Upon arrival back at home, have Cirque du Soleil welcome her home with a full outdoors show at the airport.

I guess I have to clarify.

I'll be willing to spend no more than 500$ this night. Keep it within reason.

Since when can you pay to have celebrities reanimated?

Brutotal
08-22-2007, 12:25 PM

edit: since reanimation is still not likely, you can just have Elvis Costello sing for you, instead.

You forgot the dimond shaker so you can put dimonds in your food before you eat it.

Lil Freek
08-22-2007, 12:30 PM
I guess I have to clarify.

I'll be willing to spend no more than 500$ this night.

Since when can you pay to have celebrities reanimated?

Gotta be more specific, yo :p
I'm pretty sure if you paid a good $500,000,000,000, you could reanimate him, or have a clone made of him and given an exact replica of Frank's life, so that you could get a 95% replica... that would also be acceptable.

How old are you?
How old is she?
How long you been dating?

I know FA about Sacramento, but dinner and show (not movie). Find Opera, high production theatre piece.
Maybe look into something exciting? Skydiving together, bungee jumping, hand gliding, etc...

emmajustin
08-22-2007, 12:30 PM
My girlfriend and I are planning on going out and doing something "nice" early next month.

I am trying to come up with something special I can do for her. I want to do something that she would find romantic/memorable.

No idea is too elaborate and money won't be an issue

Have you guys done anything for your partner that might inspire me?

Reps for thoughful replys

I did the following for my wife on our first annivesary.
I bought one of those all day spa packages for her. Massage, style and cut, pedicure, manicure, facial... and so on. It did include a nice lunch and limo service. When the limo brought her back to the house..... Suprise.. I got the limo for the rest of the night. I took her to the Raddison for dinner. Then we went to see a Symphony. And then back to the Raddison where I had a honeymoon suite for the night.

illogic
08-22-2007, 12:33 PM
I did the following for my wife on our first annivesary.
I bought one of those all day spa packages for her. Massage, style and cut, pedicure, manicure, facial... and so on. It did include a nice lunch and limo service. When the limo brought her back to the house..... Suprise.. I got the limo for the rest of the night. I took her to the Raddison for dinner. Then we went to see a Symphony. And then back to the Raddison where I had a honeymoon suite for the night.

Very nice man... This is closer to what I'm thinking.

That spa package isn't a bad idea.

illogic
08-22-2007, 12:37 PM
How old are you?
How old is she?
How long you been dating?

We're both 23 and we've known each other a little over a month. It's crazy but we've kinda fallen in love with each other. We're already discussing getting a place together. o_o

She doesn't make a whole ton of money and she's been struggling for some time now.

I want to do something to make her feel special.

I3uilt
08-22-2007, 12:39 PM
alpha guys wouldnt do that for one month relationship......just sayin'

Lil Freek
08-22-2007, 12:42 PM
not to be a pessimist, but I've been in the same bucket as you. be careful on how much to blow on her... chicks come and go. debt and credit last a long time :p

If you wanna make her feel special, without your major involvement, the spa **** always works fine.
If you wanna share a life experience together... do something memorable together (me 'n my gf are jumping out of a plane together, for example)

Ellimist
08-22-2007, 12:43 PM
Get her a flower vase, and give that to her first.

Then tell her she'll need it (pull out dozen roses) for those.

Vase: $3.97
Flowers: $9.67
G/F: Booya.
Booya: I don't know. It sounded right in my head.

illogic
08-22-2007, 12:46 PM
alpha guys wouldnt do that for one month relationship......just sayin'

I make 6 figures. Next...

I3uilt
08-22-2007, 12:50 PM

just cuz you have money doesnt mean you need to throw it around like its going out of style. (im assuming) you want a relationship based on love and not on assets and i dont care how much she tells you she loves you after one month you barely know each other. it takes at least 2-3 months if not longer (depending on how much time you spend with each other) to create that intimate bond. All i am sayin' is if you dont want a golddigger, then be careful at how quick you are to break out the benjamins.

Lil Freek

fyi - she's most likely a gold-digger, then.

she doesn't make much money, you wanna treat her to nice things, she's gonna take you for anything you're willing to give.

I dated a girl that had my annual salary in her chequings account... Needless to say, I had fun while that lasted :D

illogic
not to be a pessimist, but I've been in the same bucket as you. be careful on how much to blow on her... chicks come and go. debt and credit last a long time :p

If you wanna make her feel special, without your major involvement, the spa **** always works fine.
If you wanna share a life experience together... do something memorable together (me 'n my gf are jumping out of a plane together, for example)

Thank you for contributing. I'm really considering the spa thing, but I'd kinda like to be with her. Getting any kind of "facial" would def effect the alpha status.

Lil Freek
08-22-2007, 12:53 PM
Thank you for contributing. I'm really considering the spa thing, but I'd kinda like to be with her. Getting any kind of "facial" would def effect the alpha status.

well it's only been a month... if you think it's going somewhere... then why rush doing everything all at once?
Show her she's appreciated by putting real effort into the relationship, honestly..

I've woo'd every girlfriend I had with more personal treatments. bubblebaths with rose petals, soothing music, wine/champagne, elaborately homemade meals.