PDA

View Full Version : Last contest pics

RobD
10-25-2001, 12:19 PM
Figured I'd throw a pic out there from the San Francisco BB show I just did this past September. Be gentle in your critiques. :-)

Rob

Ice Man
10-25-2001, 12:31 PM
Shut up man you know you look great in that pic! Good job man!

RobD
10-25-2001, 12:39 PM
Thanks Ice Man. appreciate the complement.

Paco
10-25-2001, 12:52 PM
Excellent,I like it.

RobD
10-25-2001, 01:08 PM
Here's one more from the same show.

Rob

Mr.Lean
10-25-2001, 01:41 PM
Very impressive but are you 100% natural ?( this includes prohormones). If you are what do you regard as the single most important factor in your success? Also any orignal training/diet methods you use?

RobD
10-25-2001, 02:13 PM
Mr. Lean, thanks. As for 100% natural by your definition, no, I'm not. I have never used any anabolic steroids, prescription diuretics, etc. but have used prohormones. For this contest, I tried 1-AD for about 5 weeks and noticed that it helped my strength levels and to retail my lean mass.

I've spent most of my life as an ectomorph and have always had a difficult time putting on the weight. I competed at this show at ~186 lbs at 5'10" and intend on breaking the 190lb mark for my next show in another year or so.

As for the one thing I attribute to my success, I'd say it's really 2 things: consistency and a drive to keep improving. I'm the guy that everyone makes fun of when I bring my big ass cooler to work everyday with my meals, stays true to my diet even when tempted, and doesn't miss workouts unless it can't be avoided. I know I'll never be a professsional BB but I'm also convinced I haven't reached my full potential yet, so there is always room to keep improving and every time I hit the gym or compete, I try to be just that much better.

So as not to keep this post too long, I'll reply about the training/diet methods in another post.

Thanks again for the compliment.

Rob

Lionheart
10-25-2001, 03:44 PM
Yeah I bet people at work really make fun of anyone your size. yeahrightsure.

milkman
10-25-2001, 11:33 PM
He said the size of his cooler.
Read the post.

str8flexed
10-26-2001, 09:53 AM
Nice job, how did you do in the competition?
Peace

RobD
10-26-2001, 12:19 PM
I took 2nd in my class. The guy that beat me was about the same weight but a bit shorter and thus a little more stocky. It was close but I thought I had him on conditioning. That's the funny thing about competing. You never know what a particular set of judges will be looking for on a particular day. Oh well....still looking for that 1st place finish...next time!!

Thanks!

Rob

str8flexed
10-26-2001, 01:23 PM
Great job. Winning a contest is a great feeling. Best feeling i've ever had.
Peace

kendo
10-26-2001, 06:31 PM
i get stick in work too about prepped meals and my big lunchbox but you should be proud of yourself well done man theyre just jealous and you have achieved more than your workmates ever will

IMNOTAMUSED
10-27-2001, 02:35 AM
Mate, you look pretty good from wher i stand.

You say you weighed 186, any idea what bf% you were at for the contest and what your lean body mass is?

Keep up what ever you are doing cos it seems to work.

RobD
10-27-2001, 06:48 PM
I was 186 lbs and around 4.5% BF. this was my best condition yet. The previous show I competed at 180 lbs and the same BF so for me to come in about 6 lbs heavier in a year without "chemical assistance", I felt pretty good. My goal is to compete in about 18 months around 190-195 lbs. Thanks for the compliment!

Rob

Oh, found one more pic from the show.

admin
10-29-2001, 12:17 PM
Awesome pics!! Sign up for the Amateur Bodybuilder of The Week at http://www.bodybuilders.com/amateur.htm

I think you have a great chance of winning!

Ryan DeLuca
Bodybuilding.com

RobD
10-29-2001, 12:41 PM
Ryan,

I appreciate the feedback and compliment. I'll do that! Thanks.

Rob

dip-set
12-09-2003, 11:54 AM
bump

Deadlift50
12-09-2003, 12:53 PM
Originally posted by RobD
I took 2nd in my class. The guy that beat me was about the same weight but a bit shorter and thus a little more stocky. It was close but I thought I had him on conditioning. That's the funny thing about competing. You never know what a particular set of judges will be looking for on a particular day. Oh well....still looking for that 1st place finish...next time!!

Thanks!

Rob

Originally posted by RobD
I was 186 lbs and around 4.5% BF. this was my best condition yet. The previous show I competed at 180 lbs and the same BF so for me to come in about 6 lbs heavier in a year without "chemical assistance", I felt pretty good. My goal is to compete in about 18 months around 190-195 lbs. Thanks for the compliment!

Rob

Oh, found one more pic from the show.

I've chatted with Rob a lot and believe me he is definitely natural (if you accept prohormones as natural). Altogether he is a first class act and should be a bodybuilder of the week.

He is a great role model for this sport, and I would recommend his advice and guidance to anyone. You may not agree with everyone of his methods but he will definitely point you in the right direction.

A first class act who enhances this forum with his posts.

Deadlift50

AOL IM = Deadlift50