PDA

View Full Version : Any secrets to prevent razor nicks and cuts when shaving your chest?

phiber_optik
02-06-2005, 08:56 PM
I've tried different shaving creams/gels and diff. razors and I also shower in warm water before shaving and I have a shaving cream heater but I still seem to get about 40 cuts on my chest and stomach that bleed. I've used astringent and aftershave lotion and all that. What all do you do to deal with this?

sixzebra
02-07-2005, 03:48 AM
i can think of a couple of reasons why you'd be getting all cut up. one, you are pressing too hard, or ur razor is not angled right for doing your chest. other reason could be your razor is dull. using too much shaving cream can hamper your efforts as well. when i'm shaving, for instance for a show, i will go through about 3 razors per shave. i use one for my legs, one for arms and one for back. I buy high quality disposables. this works well for me.
good luck

TrueWarrior1
02-07-2005, 04:30 AM
use king of shaves shaving gel after a shower, go with the grain after every stroke dip the razor in hot water and shake to get hairs and gel off of it then go for another. go slow and don't press too hard.

phiber_optik
02-07-2005, 05:46 AM
ok thanks guys, what angle do you want to keep it at just keep the head parallel with your chest or what?

Abdominator
02-07-2005, 08:45 AM
Hey Phiber_Optik,

What might be causing all the cuts with your razor could be related to the texture of your skin. Is the skin on your chest bumpy or overly dry? If so, the abrasion with the razor may cause breaks in the skin. Also, try using a fresh razor. Using an old razor is more likely to "pull" at the hair rather than cut it. I've experienced that when shaving my scalp. A good lubricating shaving gel may also help as well.

You might want to try "Nair for Men" to remove the hair instead. That'll give you a closer "shave" without the irritation. When your hair grows out some, try it on a small part of your chest for about 5-7 minutes and then rinse the hair (and Nair) off with lukewarm water. If that doesn't irritate the skin, then in a day or so try it on the entire area.

http://www.skippypodar.net/WebGallery/Miscellaneous/nair-for-men1.jpg

This is an alternate means of hair removal and is not designed to be used in conjunction with a razor.

- Skip :)