PDA

View Full Version : Counting calories

HIT is best
12-06-2001, 08:57 AM
How do you guys keep track of your daily calorie intake?

William
12-06-2001, 09:00 AM
I measure my foods out and write down what I eat every day. At the end of each week I sit down and enter all that into a program I have that keeps track of my calories, protein, carbs, fat, etc. and then I can adjust for the upcoming week if need be. The measuring can be a pain in the butt sometimes, but after a while, its just part of it.

Fudog1138
12-06-2001, 09:56 AM
You could go to www.fitday.com. Enter the foods that you've eaten and it will give you a decent breakdown. Pay attention to the serving suggestions. Often times they have something quite wacked as the default. E.G. enter an egg and the dfault serving size is 1 cup of eggs. Hit the drop down menu to change it to egg and enter the quantity.

fitnessman
12-06-2001, 10:09 AM
Bump on William. Most of the time I measure. Keep track on the computer.

Some of the guys are amazed at what they are actually eating once the start keeping track!

The Natural
09-25-2002, 08:31 PM
I know I should count my calories; however, whenever I go out to a restaurant to eat, I have no idea how many calories I'm getting. Sometimes, even certain foods that I eat don't have the nutritional information on it. What should I do? Not eat anything if I don't know the caloric content? lol... :)

But seriously guys, any help would be appreciated. Thank you!!