PDA

View Full Version : My First Day As A Personal Trainer Lol

OHIOSTEVE
01-11-2005, 05:43 AM
ANGIE went to the weight room today for the first time...She did exactly what i asked her to do and REALLY put a lot of effort into her workout...I am very proud of her effort...she was very discouraged and disappointed with her weights, but I explained to her that more is not better..BETTER is better, and as long as she improves from where she is then she is doing well,

Hibiscus09
01-11-2005, 06:09 AM
Tell Angie "Yay!" -- :) . When I first started I only lifted with 5 and 8lb dumbbells and could barely do just the plate on the leg press.

1stindoor
01-11-2005, 06:15 AM
Great job Steve, now do her another favor and get her online so that she can interact with other females on this site. Her workouts will go better and she'll feel better knowing others have started from the same point.

someday
01-11-2005, 06:16 AM
ANGIE went to the weight room today for the first time...She did exactly what i asked her to do and REALLY put a lot of effort into her workout...I am very proud of her effort...she was very discouraged and disappointed with her weights, but I explained to her that more is not better..BETTER is better, and as long as she improves from where she is then she is doing well,

that is awesome!

i still have a hard time remembering more is not always better. you sound like a great coach!

Alinasmommy
01-11-2005, 11:40 AM
Tell Angie "Yay!" -- :) . When I first started I only lifted with 5 and 8lb dumbbells and could barely do just the plate on the leg press.

Me too! I remember when I could only do a chest press with 8 pound dumbbells. Today I added 25 pounds to the barbell for the second time!!! Tell Angie she'll get there.