PDA

View Full Version : Kris' Journal

Pages : 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8

Krissypoo
04-24-2005, 08:59 AM
Yea...that mental thing. The only real dairy I have is cottage cheese. Today is shopping day, so I'm going to give the no dairy thing a chance since I have the opportunity. I've been carb cycling for a few weeks, so this is an opportunity to shock and jump start my body. I'm just ready to take my body to a whole different level, ready to get rid of this fat and gain lots of muscle. I'm willing to try anything, well almost anything! :D

StlBarbie
04-24-2005, 09:00 AM
Just keep it fun .... it is your spirit that truly gives you all the intensity!! :)

Krissypoo
04-24-2005, 09:08 AM
Just keep it fun .... it is your spirit that truly gives you all the intensity!! :)

Fun! Come on P, you know us. You've said it right before...the gym is our playground! I love playing with my diet and training and making my body do what I tell it to do.

rockstarsar
04-24-2005, 10:24 AM
I don't know ... mental comes to play in here too!!! Since you are looking to attain mass and not cut for a show ... I don't think I would do it to myself. Remember, this is a marathon ... you want to stay in the game for the long haul ... keep it enjoyable but get results at the same time!! Try a couple weeks of the no dairy and then carb cycle ... keep your body guessing ... not only will you have the best results ... it will be easier to do!

I always thought it was so interesting how different we are on this board compared to most of the dieting, chronically semistarving women of America. They are thrilled to lose a pound, depressed to gain. Most of us are glad to gain weight, if we know we've been working hard for it.

Emma-Leigh
04-24-2005, 04:24 PM
Ok...call me crazy...

Do you think it would be overkill to carb cycle and skip the dairy? If I skip the dairy, carb cycling will be a little easier.

Emma...what's your take on this?
I have cut to 9% eating both dairy and fruit - and I currently maintain very happily at a low BF% whilst eating 2 serves fruit/day along with yoghurt, skim milk (around workouts) and multiple servings of cottage cheese throughout the day!! :D

At the end of the day it comes down to two things:
1. Overall calories
2. Your bodies response to lactose (if you are intolerant it makes things harder! :p )

Briar
04-24-2005, 04:31 PM
i dont eat any fruit apart from a banana a day, lots of veges though

I have cottage cheese every day 1 cup in total and 1 cup yoghurt 3 x a week.

Is that a good amount but not to much dairy?

I dont think i could give up my diary especially cc I LOVE IT

Krissypoo
04-24-2005, 04:35 PM
2. Your bodies response to lactose (if you are intolerant it makes things harder! :p )

I am quite intolerant...trust me, it's not pretty! I just like dairy so I eat it. I'm just getting a bit witchy on extra low carb days and having a hard time keeping my calories up on my off day and on the weekends.

I'm actually quite carb sensitive, too. I'm just not sure what to do because I had that day that I felt totally run down and I'm not sure if it was the low carbs or what. I always feel more energized on the carbs, but I don't want to gain excessive fat on this "bulk."

I'm just a bundle of fun, huh?! :D Honestly, whatever will get me as massive as possible is what I want. Today I decided that I am going to buckle down and not whine and be a baby. Whatever it takes...and I am open to all suggestions. Help!

Krissypoo
04-25-2005, 05:06 AM
Workout: Circuit

Meal 1: .33 cups steel cut oats, 1 cup egg whites, mango, pineapple, kiwi and strawberry pieces
Meal 2: 5 oz ground turkey, cabbage
Meal 3: 5 oz baked chicken breast, salad
Meal 4: 1.5 scoops whey, .5 cup oats

Circuit

Meal 5: 1.5 scoops whey, .5 cup oats
Meal 6: lean dessert, 1 tbs peanut butter, water and ice

I'm going to get rid of the dairy for a month and do a less intense carb cycle. I just want to play and see what happens. I gave up dairy a while ago when I was a vegan, but I don't remember how it affected me.

sillyvent
04-25-2005, 07:31 AM
steel cut oats?? what is this??

Krissypoo
04-25-2005, 07:38 AM

SV - They are really thick cut oats. They don't have the bran removed and are cut with dual blades. You have to soak them and cook them because they are so thick and dense. I really like them, they give my AM pancakes great texture. .33 cup seems small, but they swell once soaked in the water. .33 cup of steel cut oats is the equivalent of .66 cups of thick rolled oats.

I forgot my ratios for today, here they are:

Calories Eaten Today
source grams cals %total
Total: 1738
Fat: 36 327 20%
Sat: 8 71 4%
Poly: 9 85 5%
Mono: 10 86 5%
Carbs: 150 508 31%
Fiber: 23 0 0%
Protein: 201 805 49%
Alcohol: 0 0 0%

They will probably change because I forgot some of my food at home.

Krissypoo
04-25-2005, 11:53 AM
Due to a meeting and the crappy food they served, my macros have changed:

Calories Eaten Today
source grams cals %total
Total: 1841
Fat: 33 300 17%
Sat: 6 56 3%
Poly: 8 68 4%
Mono: 8 72 4%
Carbs: 181 613 35%
Fiber: 27 0 0%
Protein: 209 834 48%

Today is circuit day, so I guess this is okay. Replacing meal 3 with meal 4 and eating another meal 5 at meal 4. Feeling a bit confused about what to do with my diet right now.

Emma-Leigh
04-25-2005, 01:44 PM
Hey SV - These are a great alternative to rolled oats and are much less processed. It is the whole oat groat (without the husk), uncooked and 'chopped' into bits - so the GI is lower and they are a lot more calorie dense... Here is some info in types of oaties if you are interested (http://www.foodsubs.com/GrainOats.html).

:)

Emma-Leigh
04-25-2005, 01:51 PM
Feeling a bit confused about what to do with my diet right now.
?? :(

What is confusing you? Just not sure what to do in terms of carb cycling?

Krissypoo
04-25-2005, 01:57 PM
?? :(

What is confusing you? Just not sure what to do in terms of carb cycling?

Yes, Emma...very unsure. I'm having a really bad day. I never cry, but that's how I'm feeling right now. Like an idiot, I just dropped half of my preworkout meal on the floor. I'm a mess right now...

I'm so scared of fat. I want more muscles, big muscles. I want to grow so badly! It's all I think about. I'm beginning to feel totally obsessed with this. I feel like the more I read, the more confused I get. I want to carb cycle to keep the fat away, but I worry that it will keep me from gaining LBM. I just don't know...

Sorry for being so down. This is so not me!

sillyvent
04-25-2005, 02:27 PM
Wb Don't Be Sad- Hugsssssssssssss!!! I Know Sometimes You Have So Many Questions You Just Get Totally Confused- That's Me All The Time! Take It One Day At A Time And Don't Worry- You Will Get There In Time!

Thanks Emma!! :d

StlBarbie
04-25-2005, 02:41 PM
You are doing great WBM!!! Just keep doing what you are doing and you WILL get there! Your wo's are full of intensity and they will definitely take you where you want to go! Patience ... I know, I know, I am no good at that either!! :D

Krissypoo
04-25-2005, 02:43 PM
Thanks you guys. You're too sweet for words!

You know what I just realized...it's rainy here. FREAKING WEATHER! It affects my mood like nothing else. If it's sunny and 75 degrees, you could tell me that someone totaled my parked car and I would not even be bothered. Oh, but no...it's raining and, God forbid, I drop half of my preworkout meal. The world is now coming to an end.

That's it, I'm moving to Miami! :)

StlBarbie
04-25-2005, 02:59 PM
Alright Missy .. remake that meal and go work your A$$ off!!!
Just remember ... you are taking me to Miami!!! :D

Krissypoo
04-25-2005, 05:36 PM
Alright...

I had a killer workout and I feel great! I increased weights on everything. Today must just be one of those days for me. I think because I had such a crazy day, my workout was better. To make my day even better, I got stuck at the gym because it started pouring. I just had to laugh because this whole thing is completely senseless. I'm not surprised, but I don't even care. I had a good workout and I am pleased.

Now, I have to wash my hair and get ready for work tomorrow. Thank goodness I don't have to cook tonight! :D I've also decided that I've got enough bodyfat and my workouts are intense enough that I don't need to worry about gaining fat. Hell, I get an aerobic workout doing the circuit in the first place. My body is getting harder and I AM dropping fat. Now, if only my sister would get out of her boyfriend's face...then I could get some progress pics! ;)

Krissypoo
04-25-2005, 05:40 PM
Just remember ... you are taking me to Miami!!! :D

Uh oh...Miami isn't quite ready for that! :D

Hehe...more strange looks! I love it now. Those guys wish they had our heart and grit!

AND, I there was a friendly exchange with a girl at the gym! She was lifting free weights alone, too! Hopefully, I will see her there another day and maybe make conversation. She had on her headphones...grrrrrr. I left mine at home, no mp3 player for at least 3 weeks.

aprilai
04-25-2005, 09:12 PM
hi kris!

i've been away for awhile - glad to hear that you're feeling much better now!

AND, I there was a friendly exchange with a girl at the gym! She was lifting free weights alone, too! Hopefully, I will see her there another day and maybe make conversation. She had on her headphones...grrrrrr. I left mine at home, no mp3 player for at least 3 weeks.

how exciting! now you don't have to worry about not having a spotter! :D

StlBarbie
04-25-2005, 09:15 PM
hi kris!

i've been away for awhile - glad to hear that you're feeling much better now!

how exciting! now you don't have to worry about not having a spotter! :D

Great idea!!! Suck her in by asking her to be a spotter!!!
LOL - We are EVIL!!! :D So glad you had a great WO - take out those frustrations in the gym!!!! At least then, you have something to show for it! :)

Pebbles
04-25-2005, 10:04 PM
kris,
I've been read over the journal and can only say that I LOVE your drive and attitude, it's very inspiring! Anyhow, I tried that circuit that you're doing, switched a couple of things up, but boy was I sweating. Not sure if it's more of a cardio workout or weights, lol. I'm not sure that it was intense enough, but by the end I was raving for some good clean food and I am SUPER beat right now...oy vey, haven't felt this way in a while. I'm wondering how sore I'll be...have you been pretty sore? Anyhow, thanks for simply posting a journal and sharing all your juice with the rest of the world to benifit from!

Emma-Leigh
04-26-2005, 12:05 AM
my workouts are intense enough that I don't need to worry about gaining fat. Hell, I get an aerobic workout doing the circuit in the first place. My body is getting harder and I AM dropping fat. Now, if only my sister would get out of her boyfriend's face...then I could get some progress pics! ;)
Great attitude! Progress WILL be slow - but DO NOt let that get you down, because progress IS progress!

What is that famous saying?? 'Rome wasn't built in a day'!? Well, you are 'building' a living sculpture right - A body carved from granite. It is going to take you time and there is not much you can do to speed it up... But remember to ENJOY the journey too! Lifting should be fun, so should testing your limits and experimenting with your body. It is all part of the experience! So don't wish it would 'hurry up' too much....

Oh, and speaking of piccies **cough** When do we get to see some!?? ;)

jeni5.0
04-26-2005, 04:06 AM
hey girl- glad to hear your feeling better. we all have "those" days.

going to miami is not gonna get you away from rain. last time i was in florida it rained every night at around 5-6pm. it was crazy! i guess you'd know more than me tho since you were just there.

Krissypoo
04-26-2005, 04:25 AM
Jeni - I know Miami won't keep me from the rain, but any excuse to live on the beach is good enough for me. :) It rained while I was there too, but it definitely didn't stop the party! :D You're right...it's nuts how at one certain time the waterworks get turned on and then they are off by a certain time, without fail. That's the hour that we lift. LOL AM walk/run on the beach, PM lift while it is raining ;)

Emma - Thanks for your encouraging words! I REALLY enjoy lifting, I think that's part of the reason I think about it all the time. It's all I ever want to do. This body can and WILL change, just not overnight. Can't you tell that I am so very patient? ;) I'm going to MAKE her take pics this weekend, I promise. Hell, her boyfriend is so interested in my lifting that he would take the pics! That might be a little out of order though...hehe.

Powells - She's so over. She has no idea I'm about to suck her in. I have to increase my weights next time and I'll need a spotter.

Pebbles - Oh honey, don't worry. YOU WILL BE SORE. :D The beauty of this is that it pushes you so hard by focusing on proper form, even if the weights are light. Make sure you increase the weights every workout or every second workout. I increase certain weights that I can control by 5's every workout and ones that I can control by 10's every other workout. If you feel like it isn't challenging enough, add in the Bear. :eek:

Krissypoo
04-26-2005, 04:57 AM
Cardio only

Meal 1: .25 cup steel cut oats, 2 tbs flax seeds, 1 cup egg whites
Snack: 20 almonds
Meal 2: 5 oz ground turkey, cabbage, fish oil - this is sooo good, like the inside of an eggroll *I do not cook the fish oil with the turkey and cabbage!*
Meal 3: 5 oz spicy thai peanut chicken, broccoli, fish oil
Meal 4: 1.5 scoops whey

Cardio

Meal 5: 1.5 scoops whey
Meal 6: 1 scoop lean dessert, 1 tbs peanut butter, fish oil

Calories Eaten Today
source grams cals %total
Total: 1494
Fat: 49 445 31%
Sat: 8 71 5%
Poly: 15 137 10%
Mono: 17 152 11%
Carbs: 59 172 12%
Fiber: 16 0 0%
Protein: 204 817 57%

Krissypoo
04-27-2005, 05:02 AM
Circuit Day

Meal 1: .5 cup steel cut oats, .5 cup berries, 1 cup egg whites, multivitamin, Phenogen
Meal 2: 5 oz ground turkey, cabbage, 2 fish oil
Meal 3: 3 oz salmon croquette w/2 egg whites, asparagus, 2 fish oil, Phenogen
Meal 4: .5 cup oats, 1.5 scoops whey, apple

Circuit

Meal 5: .5 cup oats, 1.5 scoops whey
Meal 6: lean dessert, fish oil

Calories Eaten Today
source grams cals %total
Total: 1740
Fat: 29 257 16%
Sat: 5 49 3%
Poly: 7 62 4%
Mono: 5 43 3%
Carbs: 173 585 37%
Protein: 190 759 47%

I had a slight binge yesterday with those protein bars. I ate 1 and some extra PB, but whatever. I'm bulking, so if I really can't stress it. At least it was a low carb day food.

jeni5.0
04-27-2005, 07:02 AM
hi, so are you seeing any progress with the circuit, or is it too early to tell?
when do you go back to florida? its coming up right?

oh, and thanks for always being so motivating in my journal. :)

angeleye
04-27-2005, 07:02 AM
Hey Kindred - Pb, huh? Whatever man! All is well today for hitting it hard. New thought today: Driven= obligation/appreciation/motivation. Whatcha think.
I need an assist: Im cramping when setting my legs for pose. Any ideas of how to place feet. Im twisting to set incorrectly, I suppose???? Also, I havent figured out how to roll into Back Lat. I see absolutely, nothing!

Hey you heard from RxFigure - havent seen a post since a couple days before her show?

Krissypoo
04-27-2005, 07:21 AM
Jeni - No idea when I am going back. I've started to have second thoughts, but I am very unsure of myself when it comes to guys. He called me last night, but I didn't know the phone rang. He does call faithfully. Maybe he is okay...I need to get a background check on him!

Amber - I am so with you! Screw the PB, it was still within my calories and limits for the day. My low carb day is extra low anyway. I like that thought! You are one driven woman. You've got all of those qualities and the ability to balance "normal" life. Funny you mention RxFigure. I spent my weekend reading and studying her journal. I don't know where she went and I would love to know how the show went. She disappeared, Jennifer-Lynn disappeared, SagittariusLegs disappeared.

Em hem...SisterSteel has not journal much either. Jamie, show your face! :) We miss you!

StlBarbie
04-27-2005, 12:38 PM
Great Job WBM!!! That PB will serve you well ... energy dense with protein and fat!!! You use it up with your intensity!!

Ms. Lucy is MIA too!! This lifestyle can be intense and sometimes I think we all get disappointed in ourselves if we are not "perfect" or living up to our own standards of what we should be eating, lifting, or weighing! It is a mind game as much as anything!

BTW.. have you guys been getting server busy lately on here???

Krissypoo
04-27-2005, 05:40 PM
Yep, Powells. Too many people on trying to improve their physiques! :D

I had a KILLER workout today. It was so good, that on my last circuit I could not even keep a grip! I was feeling sooooo good. Even talked sh!t to some of the guys in there that claim they are stronger than my brother. ;)

AANNNNNNDDD...my sister took photos for me, so you guys WILL see the progress very soon. My a$$ is looking big and round, my legs are looking thick too. Anyway...I'll let you guys be the judge. Be honest about everything and keep in mind that, technically, I am bulking. Oh yea, excuse the Spongebob boxers and porcupine head. :)

Krissypoo
04-28-2005, 05:57 AM
Cardio only

Meal 1: .25 cup steel cut oats, 1 cup egg whites, green tea, mutlivitamin, Phenogen
Meal 2: 5 oz spicy thai peanut chicken, broccoli, fish oil
Meal 3: 4 oz grilled chicken, cabbage salad, fish oil, Phenogen
Meal 4: 5 oz ground turkey, cabbage
Meal 5: 1.5 whey

cardio

Meal 6: 1.5 whey
Meal 7: lean dessert, fish oil, Phenogen

alories Eaten Today
source grams cals %total
Total: 1460
Fat: 39 348 25%
Sat: 7 67 5%
Poly: 7 61 4%
Mono: 15 135 10%
Carbs: 46 159 11%
Fiber: 6 0 0%
Protein: 226 902 64%

I may or may not do cardio. I didn't sleep well at all last night and was up at 4:30 because I just tossed and turned. On a more positive note, I had to literally roll out of bed and give my body some time to warm up because I was nice and sore! :D It felt good and still feels good, especially my back. I've got to keep that intensity up!

I spoke to my cousin last night...we haven't talked like that in ages. It's nice to know that she is human and doesn't really think she is perfect. She's struggling with her weight, finding a job, boys...all the normal stuff. We are going to hang out on Friday, something to help her get out of her rut. I'm glad this happened...she was my road dawg!

Ivey_Itch
04-28-2005, 06:02 AM
Hey! Great news with the soreness and the cousin!! I'm sure you 2 will have a BLAST this weekend! It's always fun to reconnect! Sorry you didn't sleep good! Tossing and Turning all night SUCKS! Anyway, keep up the fabulous work and enjoy your cousin time! :D

StlBarbie
04-28-2005, 06:52 AM
Nothing better than a road dawg WBM!!! I am so glad you had the opportunity to reconnect. I think women are very good at that ... get back together and seems like hardly anytime has passed between!

So with all these great wos you have got going, are you seeing results? When is the last time you had your tape measure out?? And NO ... we have not forgotten that you promised pics!!! :D

Krissypoo
04-28-2005, 07:09 AM
So with all these great wos you have got going, are you seeing results? When is the last time you had your tape measure out?? And NO ... we have not forgotten that you promised pics!!! :D

Tomorrow, without a doubt! Then you guys get to see the horse legs and butt. LOL I can't believe they look like that. Well...yes I can. I actually like them like that! I was reading about Rachelle Cannon(Thanks, A!!!) and checking out her photos. Chick has some serious muscle. Too bad she is so short. I can't say that she is my goal, but she is definitely a role model. She is absolutely gorgeous and so are her muscles! I'd like to get that kind of mass.

I will also include a couple of Miami photos in the album, just for kicks. :D

sillyvent
04-28-2005, 07:14 AM
I just went through your journal searching for these pics you have prmosied- thought maybe I missed them. hahah waiting........... ;)

StlBarbie
04-28-2005, 07:15 AM
Can't wait to see your pics!! Is the tape measuring showing you the gains you want?? Damn, I cannot imagine that it isn't with all the intensity you have put in!!!!!

Krissypoo
04-28-2005, 07:18 AM
I just went through your journal searching for these pics you have prmosied- thought maybe I missed them. hahah waiting........... ;)

Tomorrow, first thing in the AM. I promise! I'm not even going to weigh myself. And Powells, I need to buy a tape measure. I tried to rip off my mom's but she wasn't having that! I'll get one today, then I can start doing mybodycomp.com.

SV, I'm scared to let you see those photos. I bet my left leg weighs as much as your whole body. :eek: I'm really scared to see this so called progress, truth be told.

StlBarbie
04-28-2005, 07:26 AM
I am sure you look great!!! Honey, with all those great efforts ... you could look no other way!!!! Get yourself a tape measure .. you will be very happy to track your progress in sculpting! :)

Helene
04-28-2005, 07:34 AM
Can't wait to see your progress pictures! :)

sillyvent
04-28-2005, 07:50 AM
Haha You Know I Have Heard That A Few Times This Week- My Leg Weighs More Than You!! Haha Well ****, I Hope So I'm A Midget! ;) I Would Loveeeeeeeeeeee To Weigh More- After This Show That's My Goal Gaining At Least 10/15 Lbs Of Pure Muscle! Grrrrrrrrr!!! A Lot Of Ladies Think I Am Insane- I Need To Gain Weight And They Are All Trying To Lose It! Haha

Krissypoo
04-28-2005, 07:59 AM
Haha You Know I Have Heard That A Few Times This Week- My Leg Weighs More Than You!! Haha Well ****, I Hope So I'm A Midget! ;) I Would Loveeeeeeeeeeee To Weigh More- After This Show That's My Goal Gaining At Least 10/15 Lbs Of Pure Muscle! Grrrrrrrrr!!! A Lot Of Ladies Think I Am Insane- I Need To Gain Weight And They Are All Trying To Lose It! Haha

You are not insane!!! I hope I can gain that much muscle. As much as I am eating and lifting, I need to do it! With your work ethic, goodness knows that you can do it!

We are having a meeting and my boss just told me that he ordered fruit, just for me. Of course, today is a low day so I can't have it. We started talking and he is actually VERY interested in my bodybuilding goals! He said he thinks that it is very cool that I am trying to gain weight and not lose it like most other women my age. NICE!!!

Okay, now you guys have got my confidence up. My picture will probably be posted tonight. Whenever they get up, you will know! :D

Rebekah
04-28-2005, 08:05 AM
Keep up the good work Kris. Everyone looks at me weird at work because I never eat the treats that they bring in. It's always donuts, chocalate cake with peanut butter icing, cookies, etc. And to top it off, I work for a big name candy company...we literally have candy bowls all around. I only chew the sugar free gum.

angeleye
04-28-2005, 09:37 AM
Blah, Blah, Blah. GIRL YOU ARE FINE as $#&! 'please believe it'!
How are you today? It seems PUMPED. Please dont stop, Im vibing your energy up him in the cold :<. Posted wrong on cals today. I wont be as weird is you probably thought I was going to be. CARB heaven today. BTW, can I get a inch or two of tail feather, my side view is looking like my front view. "I wonder are the going to inflate again??????????????????"

sb_cali
04-28-2005, 11:38 AM
Cardio only

Meal 2: 5 oz ground turkey, cabbage, fish oil - this is sooo good, like the inside of an eggroll *I do not cook the fish oil with the turkey and cabbage!*
Meal 3: 5 oz spicy thai peanut chicken, broccoli, fish oil

Hey WB,

Meals #2 and #3 sound delish! How did you make them?

Great journal too! I'm anxious to see your pics too! :D

sb_cali

Krissypoo
04-28-2005, 11:55 AM
Hey WB,

Meals #2 and #3 sound delish! How did you make them?

Great journal too! I'm anxious to see your pics too! :D

sb_cali

Hey! Thanks for checking out my journal! :) I'll be glad to give you the recipes...

Eggroll Insides - for lack of a better term!

4 cloves garlic
1 medium piece ginger
4 green onions
1 tbs red pepper flakes
1 lb extra lean ground turkey
1 head cabbage, shredded
soy sauce(I use Bragg's Liquid Aminos)
pepper

Sautee the garlic, ginger, green onion and red pepper flake in a nonstick skillet sprayed with nonfat cooking spray. After these have softened, add the turkey. Break up and cook turkey until completely done. Once turkey is completely cooked, add in cabbage and toss until wilted. Season with soy sauce and pepper. Taste for flavor and add soy and/or pepper until you reach desired taste.

That's it!

Spicy Thai Peanut Chicken

1 lb chicken breast, cut into 1 inch chunks - I like to use the tenderloin for less fat
salt and pepper
1 cup water
1 tbs + 1 tsp peanut butter
1 tbs red thai curry paste

Season chicken with salt and pepper and brown until cooked through. Add water to pan to deglaze. Add in peanut butter and thai curry paste. Allow sauce to thicken.

That one is super easy. I like to add broccoli florets to mine. Thank Helene for that gem!

Ballet Teacher
04-28-2005, 11:58 AM
Hey! I am always too nervous to post in anyone's journals (being a newb and all) but I want to start reading yours on a daily basis because it is really inspiring!! I can't wait to see your pictures.

Remind me to take some pictures so that I will have some 'befores' to compare to!!

How do you cook your ground turkey? I eat it most days in a little WW wrap - not sure I could stomach cabbage.... Good for you though!

sb_cali
04-28-2005, 12:09 PM
Hey! Thanks for checking out my journal! :) I'll be glad to give you the recipes...

My... you're quick! Thanks - I love "eggroll insides" so this will be a fun recipe. :D

Also - where do you find Red Curry Paste?

Thanks again!

Krissypoo
04-28-2005, 12:09 PM
Hey! I am always too nervous to post in anyone's journals (being a newb and all) but I want to start reading yours on a daily basis because it is really inspiring!! I can't wait to see your pictures.

Remind me to take some pictures so that I will have some 'befores' to compare to!!

How do you cook your ground turkey? I eat it most days in a little WW wrap - not sure I could stomach cabbage.... Good for you though!

AH...I don't care how new you are! I enjoy the friendly conversation. I'm definitely not a pro, I have SO much to learn and I learn from each and every journal...no matter how long or short the lady has been in the game. You think I read yours for no reason? Your time management is nuts! Plus, I enjoy it.

I cook my turkey a million different ways. I like to create stuff, hence the eggroll filling. :) You can definitely make it without the cabbage. Try it! I also like to make it with mexican oregeno, red pepper flakes, garlic, red onion, cumin, and cilantro. THAT is some good stuff! Try that in a whole wheat wrap with fat free cheese. WHOA!

And YES!!! Take photos! It makes all the difference. I have a yahoo account to keep track of the progress all in one spot. It helps you to stay motivated and KNOW that you are making changes.

Krissypoo
04-28-2005, 12:12 PM
My... you're quick! Thanks - I love "eggroll insides" so this will be a fun recipe. :D

Also - where do you find Red Curry Paste?

Thanks again!

Cooking is my passion...I get happy when I see someone interested in a recipe. I don't know if you saw, but I created some low carb protein bars the other day on a whim. The recipe is in the nutrition section of this forum. I'm always in the kitchen making crazy stuff. Protein ice cream was one of the newer inventions and turned out REALLY well.

Red curry paste...you should be able to find it at any store in the Asian section. If you have a Whole Foods in your area, they will definitely have it.

sillyvent
04-28-2005, 12:17 PM
yum yum ground turkey tastes great anyway. I just good it with a little garlic and eat it that way! :)

MsJewels
04-28-2005, 12:27 PM
My warning:

The camera was crappy. The photographer, my little sister :), was crappy. Don't look at the hair on the back/double bi pic...I was looking horrible today. The red wave came crashing down, so I was bloated and crampy. This is my sis' room at my parents' house, not mine. I could never deal with that clutter! This is after 2 months of hardcore dieting and training. I'm a big girl...I know. Tell me the truth you guys, where I could make changes and what I could do to be better. Good luck...I hope you aren't blind after this:

http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/blaqhoney/detail?.dir=/2820&.dnm=4e7a.jpg&.src=ph
http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/blaqhoney/detail?.dir=/2820&.dnm=cf44.jpg&.src=ph
http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/blaqhoney/detail?.dir=/2820&.dnm=5e44.jpg&.src=ph
http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/blaqhoney/detail?.dir=/2820&.dnm=c782.jpg&.src=ph

Thanks for taking my pics, Kels. :)

Damn, I'm jealous of your calves!! NICE!!! Do you have most recent pics? What page should I check out?

Krissypoo
04-28-2005, 12:32 PM
Damn, I'm jealous of your calves!! NICE!!! Do you have most recent pics? What page should I check out?

Hey MJ -

Thanks! Although I feel like my calves are scrawny. hehe. Tonight, You get to see horse legs. :D

StlBarbie
04-28-2005, 02:16 PM
Damn girl and you cook TOO??????????? Your talents are endless!!! Oh yeah right .. big horse legs of pure muscle!!!!!!!!!!!!!

jeni5.0
04-28-2005, 05:01 PM
I need to get a background check on him!
ha ha!! my dad did a background check on my husband when we first started dating. he may be able to help you out. :) my dad is a detective by the way, probably why he is so cautious and protective. i love him!

cant wait to see pics!!

Krissypoo
04-28-2005, 07:31 PM
Okay...here it is, ladies. Bulking photos and one treat. I don't want to give ya'll too much at one time. hehe.

Disclaimer: This is Exhausted Kris. I have gotten a serious tan, you couldn't find me in the dark with a flashlight as you will see from some of my photos. Well, you can tell that it looks like I've been kneeling in flour. My hair is sticking up ALL over the place, hence the new name "PorkUPine." That also has to do with the bulk. :D Oh yea, Spongebob on my arse. LOL Photographer's choice, I promise!

http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/blaqhoney/detail?.dir=/a4e1&.src=ph&.dnm=50a6.jpg&.view=t

Haha...Spongebob looks REALLY scared. Wouldn't you?!?!?!

VanillaBean_21
04-28-2005, 07:39 PM
Great pics! :D Why do you need to tan? LOL You should see me...I'm as white as a ghost! :D It works for me though. :P

Keep up the great work hun!

Krissypoo
04-28-2005, 07:41 PM
Great pics! :D Why do you need to tan? LOL You should see me...I'm as white as a ghost! :D It works for me though. :P

Keep up the great work hun!

No, I don't need a tan. I get one if I turn a light on in my house. LOL The day I need a tan is the day I need a hole in my head!

imperfectly_lou
04-28-2005, 11:41 PM
Looking forward to seeing your pics hon :)

jeni5.0
04-28-2005, 11:48 PM
lookin good girl, lookin good. i can tell a difference from your last pics. are the 4 girls you and your friends in miami?

Emma-Leigh
04-29-2005, 03:15 AM
Okay...here it is, ladies. Bulking photos and one treat. I don't want to give ya'll too much at one time. hehe.
Looking good!!

You are starting to get some excellent shape Kris -
In the first piccy I can see some rectus/oblique seperation with your stomach and your pecs are coming up too... In piccy 5 you can certainly see some lat developement happening - and your delts and traps have improved - you are starting to get that great diamond shape between your shoulder blades!!

Your legs have a great shape too - your quad sweep is going to be great (you can already start to see one coming up) and you have a good natural shape to your calves - I can't wait till they come up! :D

Congratulations girl! These are EXCELLENT!

Krissypoo
04-29-2005, 03:38 AM
Congratulations girl! These are EXCELLENT!

*wipes sweat*

This drove me crazy all night. Thank you!!!

Jeni - that's us. :) I'm on the top left. That club was crazy...not a chair in sight, it was full of beds!!!

Rebekah
04-29-2005, 06:13 AM
You are absolutely adorable, Kris. Keep up the good work!

Krissypoo
04-29-2005, 06:30 AM
Thanks Rebekah! I've got a long way to go...this is just the beginning!

Circuit day

Meal 1: 1 cup oats, 6 egg whites, 1 cup berries, green tea, multivitamin, Phenogen
Meal 2: spicy thai peanut chicken, broccoli
Meal 3: spicy thai peanut chicken, broccoli
Meal 4: 1 cup oats, 1 scoop whey, banana
Meal 5: 1 cup oats, 1 scoop whey, mango, Phenogen
Meal 6: MAYBE a cheat, Phenogen

I'm not sure that this will remain. I'm thinking of not doing the spicy thai peanut chicken and having a grilled chicken with veggies. I will definitely do that if I decide to have the cheat.

I need the refeed today. I've had a mentally stressful week. Yesterday, I worked 12 hours due to a change that another group made and it TOTALLY blew up one of the applications that I support. My carbs were extra low yesterday so I was feeling kinda crabby. I've always got a story, here it is:

Another group made some changes that they were NOT supposed to make. It screwed up my applications and the group was so slow to respond to me and slow to agree to back out their change. My manager and I were on our way downstairs to talk to these people when our big boss asked what was going on. We told him and he said, "Good idea to go down there, Kristin. If they get out of hand, just beat them up. I know you've been working out so put that muscle to good use."

I was floored. People are actually noticing! Makes me want to go to the gym in a tanktop today...well, almost. :D

Rebekah
04-29-2005, 06:33 AM
Haha....gotta love that one. I bet you could kick their butts now. Oh, and you did not just say mango. I love dried mango.....

Krissypoo
04-29-2005, 06:37 AM
Haha....gotta love that one. I bet you could kick their butts now. Oh, and you did not just say mango. I love dried mango.....

Mango is one of my favorite fruits, too! Dried, fresh, in gelato. MANGO! I can eat a fresh one without any utensils. I know how to peel it with my teeth and just go at it. I look primal eating it, but damn it's good! Juice dripping down my chin. YUM YUM!

Rebekah
04-29-2005, 06:39 AM
That is funny. I just bought some Mango Body Butter from the Body Shop. I smell edible.

StlBarbie
04-29-2005, 06:40 AM
Kris,
You look GREAT!!! I can really see a difference since your last posting of pics. Your legs are really developing substantial muscle, your back has grown, and your arms are definitely coming in strong! What an awesome job you have done - you have to be so......... pleased to see such great results from all your hard work! Job well done girl!!!!!!

tigercat24
04-29-2005, 08:23 AM
that's funny i was just going to click on your journal then i saw your response in my journal..lol
WOW-I just skimmed the last page and saw your pics and you're looking quite sexy!!!! I notice a difference too for sure from the first posting:) And the legs are really firm looking and nice definition i see in the quad area-okay i'll stop now..lol

Ooh I love mango's but stopped eating them for a while and just forgot about them i guess-jeez how could i forget...mmmmmm yummy.Ok now I have to go get one at the store-break time-..lol

a club with all beds!!!!Where??..lol...hmmm sounds interesting, nothing like that here unfortunately..lol-saw it in a sex and the city episode though once:)you know here we probably would have too many people making out on the beds..lol

well have a great weekend!!!
=-D

sillyvent
04-29-2005, 10:06 AM
YEA!!!!!!!!!! You look fab....I see improvement already! BTW your one friend in that pic....I am feeling a little jealous of her HUGE Boobs!!!!!!!!! And Again I say, why do boobs have to be bf?! damn....

btw- go to the gym with a tank on- show 'em the guns!!!!

Krissypoo
04-29-2005, 10:10 AM
YEA!!!!!!!!!! You look fab....I see improvement already! BTW your one friend in that pic....I am feeling a little jealous of her HUGE Boobs!!!!!!!!! And Again I say, why do boobs have to be bf?! damn....

Thanks, SV. I still have a lot of fat to lose, but that's ok. I'd rather do it slowly and get big in the process. I have been doing it and I know I can continue to do it.

Dawn...homegirl has HUMONGOUS girls! She could let me, you, and someone else borrow and she would still have some to pass out. She was wearing a tube top that night! I have NEVER worn one in my life, but she didn't care. She is VERY comfortable in her skin. Her rack is bigger than my head and yours put together. :eek:

angeleye
04-29-2005, 12:03 PM
kris - u angel! Have a awesome workout. Got any maniac ideas to kick it up a notch? Im geeked about bringin the pain. Kids are off to moms and extra time can go in!

Krissypoo
04-29-2005, 12:07 PM
kris - u angel! Have a awesome workout. Got any maniac ideas to kick it up a notch? Im geeked about bringin the pain. Kids are off to moms and extra time can go in!

I will...can't wait!

Well, what are you working today? You know I can hook you up with some madness!

terracotta
04-29-2005, 12:11 PM
Hi WBM! I looked at your new pics the other day and I think I forgot to tell you how great you look! :D You've make good progress since the previous pics.

aprilai
04-29-2005, 12:43 PM
Dawn...homegirl has HUMONGOUS girls! She could let me, you, and someone else borrow and she would still have some to pass out. She was wearing a tube top that night! I have NEVER worn one in my life, but she didn't care. She is VERY comfortable in her skin. Her rack is bigger than my head and yours put together.

LOL, hahaha. i remember when my boobs were bigger i wore a tube top and it kept sliding off! now it's down in the basement's trunk!

nice abs btw! i can already see you're adding muscles on your shoulders!

Krissypoo
04-29-2005, 04:41 PM
You guys are making me feel WAAAY too good!

Great workout today. I ate more carbs and my workout felt REALLY good. I was super energized, so I am going to change my diet a little by increasing my preworkout carbs. I felt much stronger and like I could lift more. I think I'll try to keep them at ~200g on workout days, ~100g on cardio days, and drop to ~50 on my off day. One of the workout days will be a refeed and I will eat oats until my heart is content!

Krissypoo
04-30-2005, 10:13 AM
My new carb cycle will go something like this:

High/Low/Moderate/Low/High/Moderate/Low

High carbs will be ~ 200g
Moderate carbs will be ~ 50g
Low carbs will be ~ 100g

I'll allow myself a cheat on one of the high days, probably High day 2. I liked how I felt on the carbs yesterday, so I'll incorporate them a bit more. I'll also lower my fats and protein a bit to compensate. I'll still try to keep my calories at ~ 1800.

I had a GREAT time with my cousins. We are going out again tonight. They are complete nuts...too fun! One of my cousins told me that I looked great and that she wanted me to help her with a diet and lifting/cardio routine. :D What a compliment!

jeni5.0
04-30-2005, 11:00 AM
she wanted me to help her with a diet and lifting/cardio routine
i have had a couple people say they should have me help them, but they never ask. one girl asked how to lose her ab fat, and i got so nervous for some reason i just didnt know what to say. i guess it was like i was on the spot. i spit out that its not about one area, you have to lose overall body fat, then i felt like i called her fat. i should have just said something about nutrition. oh me!

i hope you do better than me. :) maybe you can drag your cousing to the gym and make her be your partner.

StlBarbie
04-30-2005, 12:14 PM
Kris,

I think you are making a very good choice on the carbs!! With the intensity of your workouts you will need the fuel and muscle glycogen!!

So glad you had a fun time with your cousins!! I LOVE hanging with mine, with always have a great time together! :D

I never mind helping people in the gym or friends but I do get frustrated when they keep wanting help but really don't want to commit to putting the work in!

ms_mac
04-30-2005, 06:35 PM
Damn girl! What are you worried for? You look great! Just keep on doing what you're doing, keep your diet super clean, lift hard and heavy, and you will be comp ready for sure by next year. When is it you think you may compete?

Krissypoo
04-30-2005, 09:09 PM
Thanks, Ms_Mac! I hate that I am a worrier...it doesn't help any aspect of my life! I'll definitely keep working hard. Thanks for checking out my photos. :)

I was thinking of competing next June, but I am second guessing that. It all depends on how much lean mass I can put on. I won't have THAT much time because I need to allow myself plenty of time to cut. I assme that I'd have to start cutting in January in order to give myself plenty of time.

On another note...I cheated. MAJORLY cheated. I was pissed at myself for feeling sick and just abused my body. I've had some time to think and read and I am ready. No more bullsh!tting. No more cheating at all. No more so called refeeds, I won't need them anymore since I am upping my carbs. I've got to eat 100% clean, sleep at least 8 hours a night(I rarely get that), and drink at least a gallon of water a day(I've been slacking, drinking only 3 liters). The way I am behaving now, it looks like I don't want this. I need to show and prove that I want this. May 1, 2005 is the start of a new phase. 100% clean bulking, 110% intensity, and 0 slipups.

StlBarbie
04-30-2005, 09:14 PM
Gee Kris,
I think you deserve a cheat once in awhile ... it's OKAY!! I love your goals for May 2005 and onward ... you are going to be tough competition for anybody! I am so... excited to watch you go through this next year ... you've really got something to work for and the GRIT to see it through! Don't worry .. you'll kick everybody's A$$!!!!

Krissypoo
04-30-2005, 09:22 PM
Gee Kris,
I think you deserve a cheat once in awhile ... it's OKAY!! I love your goals for May 2005 and onward ... you are going to be tough competition for anybody! I am so... excited to watch you go through this next year ... you've really got something to work for and the GRIT to see it through! Don't worry .. you'll kick everybody's A$$!!!!

Thanks, Powells. You definitely know how to make me feel better about what I am doing. :) You're the best!

Cheating is hard for me. I won't go into too many details, but a cheat yesterday made me sick and led me to cheat today. NOT good. I'm better off not cheating at all and I stick better to my plan.

And if I start slacking or my intensity goes to 109%, you better kick my A$$! :D Failure is not an option!

StlBarbie
04-30-2005, 09:26 PM
Count on it girl!!!!! :D

I do know what you mean about the whole cheat thing. When I was your age I would do the same $hit... for me I learned it was best not to cheat because it would just throw me all off track. I was never one of those people who could eat "JUST ONE"!! Personally, I think those people suck!! :D

Krissypoo
04-30-2005, 09:29 PM
Count on it girl!!!!! :D

I do know what you mean about the whole cheat thing. When I was your age I would do the same $hit... for me I learned it was best not to cheat because it would just throw me all off track. I was never one of those people who could eat "JUST ONE"!! Personally, I think those people suck!! :D

When you were my age? Last year? :D You know you aren't a day older than 25.

Oh yea, those people do SUCK!

StlBarbie
04-30-2005, 09:30 PM
I knew I liked you for a good reason!!!!!!!!!!:D

Paichka
04-30-2005, 11:49 PM
If I cheat once, I'll cheat throughout the day.

Like, if I say, yes I can have a muffin this morning...I'll have a cookie in the afternoon and ice cream with dinner. :p

It's best for my sanity if I just stay away from the sweetstuff altogether!

Sunny

StlBarbie
05-01-2005, 08:06 AM
I had to laugh, last night I am lying in bed thinking about those, "I can eat just one people" and then I thought they are probably the same people that can do one set of squats and leave the gym!!! LOL :D

Gee Kris, doesn't that sound like us?????? ;)

Krissypoo
05-01-2005, 08:12 AM
I had to laugh, last night I am lying in bed thinking about those, "I can eat just one people" and then I thought they are probably the same people that can do one set of squats and leave the gym!!! LOL :D

Gee Kris, doesn't that sound like us?????? ;)

Ha! It's all or nothing for us. "No, my quads aren't hurting enough...load that bar up for another set!"

We are sickos. :D I love it!

StlBarbie
05-01-2005, 08:15 AM
Oh I so.........know what you mean... I have to walk down steps to get back to the locker area and if I can do it without pain on leg day .. I KNOW I haven't worked hard enough!!! Worse yet, we think of it as FUN!!!! :D

Krissypoo
05-01-2005, 08:17 AM
This is horrible. A total mess. I don't know what to do here, so I'm hoping someone...anyone...can help me here. I have a hard time eating clean and getting in enough calories on the weekend. Anyway, here it is...

Meal 1: .5 cup oats, 6 egg whites, 2 tbs flaxmeal, .5 cup natural applesauce
Meal 2: 4 oz roasted turkey breast, salad, 2 fish oil
Meal 3: 4 oz broiled tuna, roasted asparagus
Meal 4: 6 egg whites and veggie omlette, 2 fish oil
Meal 5: lean dessert, 2 fish oil

Calories Eaten Today
source grams cals %total
Total: 1056
Fat: 21 187 20%
Sat: 5 48 5%
Poly: 5 47 5%
Mono: 3 28 3%
Carbs: 51 162 17%
Fiber: 11 0 0%
Protein: 149 597 63%

StlBarbie
05-01-2005, 08:39 AM
This is horrible. A total mess. I don't know what to do here, so I'm hoping someone...anyone...can help me here. I have a hard time eating clean and getting in enough calories on the weekend. Anyway, here it is...

Meal 3: 4 oz broiled tuna, roasted asparagus
Meal 5: lean dessert, 2 fish oil

Calories Eaten Today
source grams cals %total
Total: 1056
Fat: 21 187 20%
Sat: 5 48 5%
Poly: 5 47 5%
Mono: 3 28 3%
Carbs: 51 162 17%
Protein: 149 597 63%

What are you thinking??????? I'd reach over and smack you if I could??? How much bulk on you gonna get on this?????????? I've got one word for you Missy .........OATIES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D

Seriously, how about some peanut butter, almonds, walnuts, brown rice, yams,???

Krissypoo
05-01-2005, 08:52 AM
What are you thinking??????? I'd reach over and smack you if I could??? How much bulk on you gonna get on this?????????? I've got one word for you Missy .........OATIES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D

Seriously, how about some peanut butter, almonds, walnuts, brown rice, yams,???

That's the same thing I though. I need to be slapped for this so called nutrition. This is a bunch of crap. It's my off day, so I try to eat less carbs on this day. Okay, here are my changes so far:

Meal 2: 4 oz roasted chicken breast, cabbage
Meal 3: 6 oz broiled tuna, roasted asparagus, 1 tbs peanut butter
Meal 5: lean dessert, 20 almonds, 2 fish oil

Calories Eaten Today
source grams cals %total
Total: 1358
Fat: 42 378 30%
Sat: 8 73 6%
Poly: 10 94 8%
Mono: 16 140 11%
Carbs: 59 178 14%
Fiber: 14 0 0%
Protein: 173 690 55%

Powells, you are doing your job VERY well. Keep up the good work! :D I'll need the slapping around.

jeni5.0
05-01-2005, 01:40 PM
you may want to try and add something with fiber in it, 14 is low. im all about getting enough fiber.:) i know its really hard tho on low carb days.

do you have any oat bran? you could eat that with some protein mixed in and your carbs would still be lower than 80, you would add 6 g fiber, and get your cals up a tiny bit over 1500.

or green beans have about 4 fiber and 4 carbs, or 6, but that wouldnt add hardly anything to your calories.

Krissypoo
05-01-2005, 02:08 PM
you may want to try and add something with fiber in it, 14 is low. im all about getting enough fiber.:) i know its really hard tho on low carb days.

do you have any oat bran? you could eat that with some protein mixed in and your carbs would still be lower than 80, you would add 6 g fiber, and get your cals up a tiny bit over 1500.

or green beans have about 4 fiber and 4 carbs, or 6, but that wouldnt add hardly anything to your calories.

I need to do something, this is ridiculous. I hate having this problem on the weekend. They will go up a bit more because I ate some corn with Meal 2.

Now that I know that oat bran has that much fiber, I'm definitely going to buy some. I haven't eaten it in a while and will add it in again.

I never count veggie carbs, so my fiber is waaay higher than this. I ate ~a pound of salad :eek:, .25 lb cabbage, and I am still eating veggies in a few more meals. I have bok choy, mushrooms, and peppers at one of my meals, and probably subbing the asparagus for green beans at another.

Emma-Leigh
05-01-2005, 04:41 PM
Meal 2: 4 oz roasted chicken breast, cabbage
Meal 3: 6 oz broiled tuna, roasted asparagus, 1 tbs peanut butter
Meal 5: lean dessert, 20 almonds, 2 fish oil

Calories Eaten Today
source grams cals %total
Total: 1358
Fat: 42 378 30%
Sat: 8 73 6%
Poly: 10 94 8%
Mono: 16 140 11%
Carbs: 59 178 14%
Fiber: 14 0 0%
Protein: 173 690 55%
This looks ok for a low carb day.

You could add a few more egg whites to your meal 4 (increase to 8 or 9) to bump the totals up to 1400 ish.

You can also add fibre by adding some psyllium to your oats and using oatbran instead (the psyllium will make it very gluggy - so if you do not like the consistency of gruel then you might not want to add too much! :D)...

Using a real apple instead of applesauce (or using raspberries instead) will also increase fibre a little.

Also, using whole walnuts instead of PB will increase your fibre slightly (as would using flaxseeds).

Is that lean dessert a pudding mix? If so, you can also add more fibre to this meal by mixing through a bit of xanthum or gar gum - this will thicken the mix and add in some fibre, which will also help slow digestion.

StlBarbie
05-01-2005, 07:32 PM
Kris,
I was so.. thinking about you during my hours on the bike today... I am so pumped up about your plans to seriously do a show!! I was really considering that with all your intensity, drive, and enthusiasm - you are going to be so awesome with your committment!! Can you tell I am living vicariously through you??? LOL :D

Krissypoo
05-01-2005, 07:52 PM
Kris,
I was so.. thinking about you during my hours on the bike today... I am so pumped up about your plans to seriously do a show!! I was really considering that with all your intensity, drive, and enthusiasm - you are going to be so awesome with your committment!! Can you tell I am living vicariously through you??? LOL :D

If you live vicariously through me, you have to allow me to borrow some of that energy you have! That will definitely help me with my commitment. I better do awesome with it...or else I'm coming after you. You WILL be held accountable if I fail! I would torture you with more hours on your bike, but you'd like that TOO much! :D

Final diet for today:

Calories Eaten Today
source grams cals %total
Total: 1381
Fat: 41 372 29%
Sat: 8 68 5%
Poly: 8 76 6%
Mono: 9 78 6%
Carbs: 89 282 22%
Fiber: 19 0 0%
Protein: 156 624 49%

I didn't eat the egg white meal because I was waaaay too busy. I ended up eating .5 cup oats instead. Thank goodness I did. Between cooking, cleaning, shopping...I was on a serious mission today. Also, I didn't eat my last meal as planned. Instead of the almonds, I ate these flax/soy muffins I made. SOOOOOO good. I'll have to post the recipe later. No dairy in them either, Barb. ;)

StlBarbie
05-01-2005, 07:56 PM
"No dairy in them either, Barb.;)"

Sh...........don't tell Emma, she will blame me for your corruption!!!! ;)

Krissypoo
05-01-2005, 08:08 PM
"No dairy in them either, Barb.;)"

Sh...........don't tell Emma, she will blame me for your corruption!!!! ;)

I promise I won't tell. :D

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. First, combine:

.75 cup soy flour
.75 cup flax meal
2 tsp baking soda
1 tsp baking powder
.5 tsp salt
1 tsp cinnamon
1 cup splenda

Mix well. Then add:

2 egg whites
.75 cup water
1 tsp vanilla

Fill muffin tine .75 full. Bake at 350 for ~15 minutes. Makes 9 muffins.

Nutrition Facts

Amount Per 1 serving
Calories 78
Calories from Fat 40.5

% Daily Value *

Total Fat 4.5g 7%
Total Carbohydrate 4g 1%
Dietary Fiber 1.5g 6%
Protein 6g 12%

StlBarbie
05-01-2005, 08:15 PM
Kris,
These look really good!! I am going to have to look for soy flour .. can you buy it in a regular grocery store??? Do they taste sweet?? I am so.. hungry.. I wish I had the soy flour NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Krissypoo
05-01-2005, 08:20 PM
Kris,
These look really good!! I am going to have to look for soy flour .. can you buy it in a regular grocery store??? Do they taste sweet?? I am so.. hungry.. I wish I had the soy flour NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yep, you can buy it in the regular store. They are sweet, so you can decrease the splenda if you like less sweet. I got full fat soy, but you can use defatted if you find it. Then, you could add walnuts. :) PERFECT before bed. I don't even miss my cottage cheese.

Skinny Mini, go eat if you are hungry. You need it! :D

StlBarbie
05-01-2005, 08:29 PM
I WANT MUFFINS!!!!!!!!! :D Great idea about the walnuts ... you and Heather need to keep posting these recipes! It will off to the grocery store tomorrow!

Briar
05-01-2005, 09:34 PM
oh these mufins look really good, i may have to make a batch then just keep them in the freezer so they dont go mouldy and have them for a diferent pre bed snack.

Krissypoo
05-02-2005, 04:40 AM
Emma - lean dessert is a casein shake. I forgot to tellyou that. ;)

Circuit Day

Meal 1: .5 cup oats, 6 ehh whites, 1 cup berries
Meal 2: 3 oz salmon croquette, green beans, fish oil
Meal 3: 5 oz turkey chili, green beans, fish oil
Meal 4: .75 cup oats, 1 scoop whey, 1 green apple
Meal 5: .5 cup oats, 1 scoop whey, grapefruit
Meal 6: lean dessert, 2 soy and flax muffins, fish oil

Calories Eaten Today
source grams cals %total
Total: 1764
Fat: 35 314 19%
Sat: 5 47 3%
Poly: 6 58 4%
Mono: 4 39 2%
Carbs: 188 625 38%
Fiber: 32 0 0%
Protein: 171 685 42%

Ivey_Itch
05-02-2005, 05:04 AM
Ohh..those muffins do sound yummy! Thanks for sharing the recipe! Those will be a nice treat this summer when it's just too hot for oats!... (i can't believe I just knocked oats! lol)

jeni5.0
05-02-2005, 07:15 AM
i just made my second batch of the berry muffins of yours. i LOVE them!! although i only have blueberries. still, soooo good.

Krissypoo
05-02-2005, 07:55 AM
i just made my second batch of the berry muffins of yours. i LOVE them!! although i only have blueberries. still, soooo good.

I'm glad you like them! This weekend, I am going to play with making some healthy cookies. Maybe choclate walnut or something or that sort. I'll post the recipe IF they are good. :)

Meals changing for the day. Meal 2 will be the turkey chili, meal 3...who knows. I am on call 24/7/365 at my job and a client called me at 4:15 this morning. Needless to say, it left me a little foggyheaded. I left one of my meals at home. Not exactly sure what I will eat, but I will figure it out. This will be my second day in the last week working a 12 hour day...

sillyvent
05-02-2005, 08:23 AM
Omg- I Will Be Hitting U Up For Recipes In A Week Here! :d Do You Have A Website- You Totally Should Start One....how About Www.healthyrecipesbyahottie.com!! Haahaa That Sucks You Are On Call Everyday!!!!! I Could Not Handle That....i Have A Friend Who Does That And Then Goes Out Drinking...that Could Be Some Major Troubles!!! Good Luck With The 100% Healthy Bulking....you Are My Hero!! I Will Attempt A Pretty Clean Bulk, But 100% U R The Bomb!

Krissypoo
05-02-2005, 08:30 AM
Omg- I Will Be Hitting U Up For Recipes In A Week Here! :d Do You Have A Website- You Totally Should Start One....how About Www.healthyrecipesbyahottie.com!! Haahaa That Sucks You Are On Call Everyday!!!!! I Could Not Handle That....i Have A Friend Who Does That And Then Goes Out Drinking...that Could Be Some Major Troubles!!! Good Luck With The 100% Healthy Bulking....you Are My Hero!! I Will Attempt A Pretty Clean Bulk, But 100% U R The Bomb!

I have LOADS of recipes. I don't want to seem like a show off or whatever so I never post them, but if you are interested I will start posting them as I make them.

Damn you, SV. I think you read my mind sometimes...it happened to me this weekend! I thought everything was cool, so I went out with my cousin. Well, I met another SD and he insisted on taking me out that night. Long story short, I agreed to go and got called while I was out. I was LIT UP! Tequila shots, margaritas...after a few drinks I was about 200 sheets to the wind! I talked to the customer that night, kept drinking, called the customer back, kept drinking, went to the club, kept drinking, called the customer. This went on ALL NIGHT LONG. The next morning the problem was still not taken care of and I had to get up on a friggin Saturday morning and work! Drinking is now a no-no for me. I have no idea if I was speaking normally or what, but I doubt it. :o

terracotta
05-02-2005, 08:41 AM
I have LOADS of recipes. I don't want to seem like a show off or whatever so I never post them, but if you are interested I will start posting them as I make them.

Yes, post the recipes as you make them if you don't mind. My betty crocker cookbook is not the best source for recipes lol..

sillyvent
05-02-2005, 08:48 AM
Wb- Yea Post Them All!!!! You Should Start A New Thread W/ Recipes Only- That Would Be Awesome!!! I Would Luv U Even More!

terracotta
05-02-2005, 08:58 AM
Wb- Yea Post Them All!!!! You Should Start A New Thread W/ Recipes Only- That Would Be Awesome!!! I Would Luv U Even More!

Yeah! Start one in the nutrition forum and we'll try to get it stickied! We need a recipe thread.

angeleye
05-02-2005, 09:03 AM
Hey Kindred! Whatcha know new? Oh yeah, "200 sheets to the wind" - you probably dont remember Haha! We gotta talk, you and these weekends and me and my weekends - its like we call each other and say lets blow this dream and forget our goals - TOGETHER! And you know I have NO right. Weekend scheduling doesnt work, I need another game plan. I have another show less than a month away from the first(I forgot which one of the ladies was doing Fame- Canada with me??) Can we brainstorm a plan to be better prepared for the weekends. Or maybe we can get some advice from the other Guru's(hint hint hint)

Guess who got some girls over the weekend???? Im so geeked. I stuck them bad babies in before I put away the rest of the stuff in my WALMART bags! You heard me WALMART. They have them in the lingerie dept. All hidden. Im sure they are not the same qualities as Vickies - BUT - they work, really well I might add. Ill try them in my suit, as soon as it arrives but they work okay in a tee! Whatcha gonna do with me now!

Krissypoo
05-02-2005, 09:15 AM
Alright, ladies. I'll create a recipes thread in the nutrition forum. Anything for you guys. :D

Krissypoo
05-02-2005, 09:16 AM
[QUOTE=angeleye]Hey Kindred! Whatcha know new? Oh yeah, "200 sheets to the wind" - you probably dont remember Haha! We gotta talk, you and these weekends and me and my weekends - its like we call each other and say lets blow this dream and forget our goals - TOGETHER! And you know I have NO right. Weekend scheduling doesnt work, I need another game plan. I have another show less than a month away from the first(I forgot which one of the ladies was doing Fame- Canada with me??) Can we brainstorm a plan to be better prepared for the weekends. Or maybe we can get some advice from the other Guru's(hint hint hint)
[\QUOTE]

I think someone has some explaining to do... ;) I told my ridiculous story, so get in that journal and get poppin'!

sillyvent
05-02-2005, 10:37 AM
Yea I saw the thread!!! I added the protein bars everyones is always talking about- still have yet to try them, but I soon will!

Krissypoo
05-02-2005, 10:39 AM
Yea I saw the thread!!! I added the protein bars everyones is always talking about- still have yet to try them, but I soon will!

Now, I have to find the nutritional information for all of my recipes from now on instead of just entering the amounts on FitDay. hehe Thanks for adding your recipes. I think it would be great to have a huge list, especially for those of us who get tired of eating the same thing day in and day out.

NOTE: I missed a meal already today. It's too busy at work. We are having LOADS of problems. I hope I don't get called in again tonight...

Miamituscani
05-02-2005, 10:46 AM
I promise I won't tell. :D

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. First, combine:

.75 cup soy flour
.75 cup flax meal
2 tsp baking soda
1 tsp baking powder
.5 tsp salt
1 tsp cinnamon
1 cup splenda

Mix well. Then add:

2 egg whites
.75 cup water
1 tsp vanilla

Fill muffin tine .75 full. Bake at 350 for ~15 minutes. Makes 9 muffins.

Nutrition Facts

Amount Per 1 serving
Calories 78
Calories from Fat 40.5

% Daily Value *

Total Fat 4.5g 7%
Total Carbohydrate 4g 1%
Dietary Fiber 1.5g 6%
Protein 6g 12%

Sounds good... I really have to try this out. Kris I was reading though your journal and looking at you pics, and you are really starting to look great. I will make sure to drop in to check out your progress.

StlBarbie
05-02-2005, 02:42 PM
Alright, ladies. I'll create a recipes thread in the nutrition forum. Anything for you guys. :D

Cool Kris... we can use all the help we can get!!!!!!!!! :)

I hope work settles down for you ... God forbid that 'real life' interfere with gym life!! :D

Have a great day!!!!!!!

Krissypoo
05-02-2005, 04:46 PM
Cool Kris... we can use all the help we can get!!!!!!!!! :)

I hope work settles down for you ... God forbid that 'real life' interfere with gym life!! :D

Have a great day!!!!!!!

I can use the recipe help also, I'm sure.

Guess what...14 hours and counting. This is the day that will never end. I don't even get paid overtime, which is what REALLY sucks. I'm going to the gym tonight, regardless of what time I finish here.

EDIT: 16 hour workday and I'm not done. GRRRRRRRRRrr. I'm going to the gym anyway, I don't care what they say.

StlBarbie
05-02-2005, 08:19 PM
Okay ... you're job SUCKS!!!!!!!!!! :D

Just make sure you have plenty of oaties in those recipes!! Not that I am telling you what to create or anything!!! :)

Krissypoo
05-02-2005, 08:30 PM
Okay ... you're job SUCKS!!!!!!!!!! :D

Just make sure you have plenty of oaties in those recipes!! Not that I am telling you what to create or anything!!! :)

OOOOHHHH Barb, I have some GOOOD oat recipes. I'll post them. Give me a few minutes. Oatmeal cookies, sweet potato pie with an oat crust. :D Just for you!

I had a good friggin workout. I was pissed, so it was even better! I missed one meal earlier, but I'm almost glad. I had to eat another meal because of the late work schedule. It was just oats and whey. I also decided to eat only one soy/flax muffin since I'm having a late "end" to my day. Tomorrow should be interesting. Anyway, the FINAL macros for today:

Calories Eaten Today
source grams cals %total
Total: 1816
Fat: 29 265 16%
Sat: 5 46 3%
Poly: 6 58 3%
Mono: 5 42 2%
Carbs: 213 714 42%
Fiber: 34 0 0%
Protein: 178 711 42%

StlBarbie
05-02-2005, 08:34 PM
Great job on the WO Kris!! Truly, don't you get the BEST WOs when you are pi$$ed off? Should I make you mad everyday???

Can't wait to see those oaties recipes??? This is becoming a personal challenge for me ... how many ways can you eat oatmeal??? :D

Krissypoo
05-02-2005, 08:38 PM
Great job on the WO Kris!! Truly, don't you get the BEST WOs when you are pi$$ed off? Should I make you mad everyday???

Can't wait to see those oaties recipes??? This is becoming a personal challenge for me ... how many ways can you eat oatmeal??? :D

Please make me made. I need it! Tell me that I'm fat or something, anything! This guy came to help me on bench press and I looked at him, smiled, and took it nice and slow down and nice and slow all the way up. He thought I needed his help...HA!

We are oat idiots. That's why I was glad I missed that earlier meal...more room for oats! Are we sad or what?!?! :rolleyes:

StlBarbie
05-02-2005, 08:42 PM
I'll just call you weak ... that'll get you good and mad!!!
BTW, what the hell are you hammercurling these days??? Those guns better be using #25 DBs is all I have to say!!!!

God, help the man that has to SPOT you!!!

Bring on the oaties baby!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D

Krissypoo
05-02-2005, 08:43 PM
I'll just call you weak ... that'll get you good and mad!!!
BTW, what the hell are you hammercurling these days??? Those guns better be using #25 DBs is all I have to say!!!!

God, help the man that has to SPOT you!!!

Bring on the oaties baby!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D

See, you are starting something. But, FINE! I will hammer curl the D@MN 25# DBs! Wednesday, you will get mine report. When should I expect yours? HMMM?

StlBarbie
05-02-2005, 08:48 PM
See, you are starting something. But, FINE! I will hammer curl the D@MN 25# DBs! Wednesday, you will get mine report. When should I expect yours? HMMM?

You're on ... my next upper body day is Friday ....!!!!
D@mn that Heather, she better be hammer curling #30s this week!!!!!!!!
Let's make sure we tell her so!!!!!!!!! :D

Krissypoo
05-02-2005, 08:52 PM
You're on ... my next upper body day is Friday ....!!!!
D@mn that Heather, she better be hammer curling #30s this week!!!!!!!!
Let's make sure we tell her so!!!!!!!!! :D

D@MN that! She better be squatting 115!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

StlBarbie
05-02-2005, 08:54 PM
I'm gonna go post that in her journal!!! :D

Emma-Leigh
05-03-2005, 01:57 AM
**cough** Don't tell Emma what??!! :p

LOL - I don't mind if you want to try the non-dairy thing. It works for some people (usually because of the same reason that most 'diets' work - that is, it ends up cutting calories!!). At the end of the day, if you get your calories correct, and you ensure you get enough protein and EFA's then you can pretty much eat anything and you can get results (within reason - and it is influenced by individual variation in terms of insulin sensitivity etc....).

Just as long as you don't cut out fruit!! I WILL get cranky at you if you do that! (damn dietary quackary!).

OOOOHHHH Barb, I have some GOOOD oat recipes. I'll post them. Give me a few minutes. Oatmeal cookies, sweet potato pie with an oat crust. :D Just for you!
Ohhh... I have a really yummy apple pie recipe with an oatmeal cookie crust!! SOOO TASTY!

I had a good friggin workout. I was pissed, so it was even better!
Nothing like anger to help you get out those last few reps! ;)

Anyway - sorry I have been absent lately (damn this "busy-ness" stuff - it interferes with fun!). How are you feeling? Are you liking the workouts?

The muffins look YUMMY!! Great idea about the recipe's too! I love cooking - along with protein bars and breads for myself I usually make LOTS of slices/cakes etc for my family too.... Lots of fun!

jeni5.0
05-03-2005, 04:34 AM
i just saw the recipes thread. that is such a great idea. unfortunately im not much of a cook, so i wont be adding much to that.

ive been using all of your recipes! :)

oh, you can hammer curl 25lbs??!!!?!?!??! man my biceps are weak. im stuck at 10, and have been for months. however, this could be due to the fact that during these my radial collateral ligament (i think) gets EXTREMELY irritated. i need a bad of ice after hammer curls. but, wow! thats awesome!

Krissypoo
05-03-2005, 06:15 AM
I'll post my meals later. It's going to be another one of those days. I'm going to try to get in my cardio regardless. Hopefully, we get these crazy issues taken care of before the day is over.

Calories Eaten Today
source grams cals %total
Total: 1228
Fat: 30 272 23%
Sat: 4 40 3%
Poly: 5 42 4%
Mono: 4 32 3%
Carbs: 54 174 15%
Protein: 182 729 62%

StlBarbie
05-03-2005, 06:17 AM
[QUOTE=Emma-Leigh

The muffins look YUMMY!! Great idea about the recipe's too! I love cooking - along with protein bars and breads for myself I usually make LOTS of slices/cakes etc for my family too.... Lots of fun![/QUOTE]

D@mn, "she" cooks too!!! Her talents are endless......darn goddess!!!!! :D

Of course, Kris hammercurls #25s!!!!! Don't you Kris????????????;)

Krissypoo
05-03-2005, 06:28 AM
D@mn, "she" cooks too!!! Her talents are endless......darn goddess!!!!! :D

Of course, Kris hammercurls #25s!!!!! Don't you Kris????????????;)

Of course! Tomorrow for sure! I've done it before, I'll do it again. :D Just for you, powells!

Rebekah
05-03-2005, 06:31 AM
You can do it...:)

Megin
05-03-2005, 06:32 AM
I'll post my meals later. It's going to be another one of those days. I'm going to try to get in my cardio regardless. Hopefully, we get these crazy issues taken care of before the day is over.

Calories Eaten Today
source grams cals %total
Total: 1228
Fat: 30 272 23%
Sat: 4 40 3%
Poly: 5 42 4%
Mono: 4 32 3%
Carbs: 54 174 15%
Protein: 182 729 62%

Hey wannabe-
Just curious as to what you ate and portion sizes to get those ratios. I like those percentages and I am having trouble finding out the right combination to get my numbers like that so...If you do get a chance, and it wouldn't be too much trouble, would you post that?
-Oh, PS, good thread on the recipies :)

THANKS!!

Krissypoo
05-03-2005, 06:32 AM
You can do it...:)

Thanks, Rebekah! I bet you curl 50# DBs. I can't wait to get that strong!

Rebekah
05-03-2005, 06:33 AM
yeah right....I wish I could do that. I only do 35s with hammer curls. My biceps are relatively weak.

Krissypoo
05-03-2005, 06:37 AM
Hey wannabe-
Just curious as to what you ate and portion sizes to get those ratios. I like those percentages and I am having trouble finding out the right combination to get my numbers like that so...If you do get a chance, and it wouldn't be too much trouble, would you post that?
-Oh, PS, good thread on the recipies :)

THANKS!!
Hey Megin! I had been SUPER busy this AM, but there is a lull now. Meals are as follows:

Meal 1: .5 cup oats, 6 egg whites, 1 tbs sugar free jam, phenogen, multivitamin
Meal 2: 5 oz spicy thai peanut turkey, broccoli, 2 fish oil, phenogen
Meal 3: 5 oz turkey chili, salad, 2 fish oil
Meal 4: 1.5 whey

Cardio

Meal 6: lean dessert, soy and flax muffin

This may change, of course. It always does! I don't recommend this everyday. It's just part of my carb cycle. My calories and carbs zig zag. If you check my nutrition yesterday, it was much different. Just curious, why do you want your cals and carbs so low?

Krissypoo
05-03-2005, 06:38 AM
yeah right....I wish I could do that. I only do 35s with hammer curls. My biceps are relatively weak.

:rolleyes: ONLY do 35s. "My biceps are relatively weak." HMPH! You are a strong woman!

sillyvent
05-03-2005, 07:09 AM
Man you ladies make me feel weak - hammer curls w/ 35's and 25's......I can't wait to stop cutting and bulk so I can get my strength back! I can only do 15's right now! grrrrr

angeleye
05-03-2005, 08:47 AM
DID I HEAR CHALLENGE??????? This is what Im talking about! I want in! Anymore while Im here????? BRING IT

Krissypoo
05-03-2005, 08:58 AM
DID I HEAR CHALLENGE??????? This is what Im talking about! I want in! Anymore while Im here????? BRING IT

You're asking for it...so you want it?

Overhead lunge, 15 reps per leg, 50 lb barbell. BRING IT! If you can't do it, no gorging on food after your contest for a whole 3 hours!!!

angeleye
05-03-2005, 09:12 AM
can you offer expertise on my journal entry.
U are KRAZY! 3 hours, have you lost ur mind! Kris - ur going to pay for this, u do know that dont you.

Krissypoo
05-03-2005, 10:21 AM
**cough** Don't tell Emma what??!! :p

Just as long as you don't cut out fruit!! I WILL get cranky at you if you do that! (damn dietary quackary!).

NEVER!!! I love my fruit waaaay too much!

Ohhh... I have a really yummy apple pie recipe with an oatmeal cookie crust!! SOOO TASTY!

Please post it! I'd love to make that for one of my high carb days! :)

Anyway - sorry I have been absent lately (damn this "busy-ness" stuff - it interferes with fun!). How are you feeling? Are you liking the workouts?

I'm LOVING the workouts. It will be hard to ever go back to a split. Do you think that this type of routine could allow me to grow to my maximum? :D And I know what you mean about the busy-ness. Sheesh...I can't wait for the weekend!

[/QUOTE]
The muffins look YUMMY!! Great idea about the recipe's too! I love cooking - along with protein bars and breads for myself I usually make LOTS of slices/cakes etc for my family too.... Lots of fun![/QUOTE]

Emma, you MUST post these recipes! I love to bake, also. It's nice to have a fellow foodie!

Megin
05-03-2005, 01:16 PM
This may change, of course. It always does! I don't recommend this everyday. It's just part of my carb cycle. My calories and carbs zig zag. If you check my nutrition yesterday, it was much different. Just curious, why do you want your cals and carbs so low?

Thanks for posting that! I like the ratios I just need to add a few cals to it. I have been messin' around on fitday and can't seem to get those macros right b/c I am not a good cook(ha, I microwave my eggs whites!) and I don't like a lot of food (ie: cottage cheese and I don't even know what a phenogen is, lol)

I like the idea of carb cycling- the idea of an all out day of carbs is such fun!
I have just skimmed through your journal and it looks like you have made incredible progress! Very impressive- keep it up!!!

Krissypoo
05-03-2005, 01:25 PM
Thanks for posting that! I like the ratios I just need to add a few cals to it. I have been messin' around on fitday and can't seem to get those macros right b/c I am not a good cook(ha, I microwave my eggs whites!) and I don't like a lot of food (ie: cottage cheese and I don't even know what a phenogen is, lol)

I like the idea of carb cycling- the idea of an all out day of carbs is such fun!
I have just skimmed through your journal and it looks like you have made incredible progress! Very impressive- keep it up!!!

Oh, ok. WHEW! I thought you wanted to eat like that all of the time! By the time I reach my second or third low day, I am a maniac! If you want, I can help you with the macros. It just takes a little playing with. Just let me know...

AND the all out carb day is GREEEAAAT!!! You eat as many as you want in 4 of 6 or 3 of 5 meals, depending on how many meals you eat that day. By the time the day is over, I am sick of carbs! :D

Phenogen is a supplement that I take. It's supposed to help with fat loss or control. Since I am bulking, I need to control fat gain. I do minimal cardio and I gain fat pretty easily.

Thanks for the compliment, too. I have a loooong way to go, but I'm getting on that stage! :)

Megin
05-03-2005, 01:32 PM
If you want, I can help you with the macros. It just takes a little playing with. Just let me know...
Thanks for the compliment, too. I have a loooong way to go, but I'm getting on that stage! :)

Really? I am a tough cookie b/c I don't really like much but if I could get a plan going for a 3 day carb cycle (high carb, med carb and low/no carb), I would be set. I have no prob. doing cardio or working out- its the nutrition part that is killing me!
You have similar stats as I do- 5'7ish so I was trying to find a plan through your journal.

-Wow, what a great attitude, when is your first comp.? It is prob. in your journal somewhere, I am just too lazy to scan. lol

Krissypoo
05-03-2005, 01:36 PM
Really? I am a tough cookie b/c I don't really like much but if I could get a plan going for a 3 day carb cycle (high carb, med carb and low/no carb), I would be set. I have no prob. doing cardio or working out- its the nutrition part that is killing me!
You have similar stats as I do- 5'7ish so I was trying to find a plan through your journal.

-Wow, what a great attitude, when is your first comp.? It is prob. in your journal somewhere, I am just too lazy to scan. lol

I don't mind at all. I know some real tough cookies, including me! I'll PM you some information, but PM me and tell what you do like to eat and we can work around that.

I have no idea when I will compete...one day! Probably 2007. I'm giving myself plenty of time to bulk up and gain some quality muscle. I don't like to half step!

StlBarbie
05-03-2005, 09:01 PM
"AND the all out carb day is GREEEAAAT!!! You eat as many as you want in 4 of 6 or 3 of 5 meals, depending on how many meals you eat that day. By the time the day is over, I am sick of carbs! "

Blasphemy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D

Krissypoo
05-04-2005, 04:46 AM
"AND the all out carb day is GREEEAAAT!!! You eat as many as you want in 4 of 6 or 3 of 5 meals, depending on how many meals you eat that day. By the time the day is over, I am sick of carbs! "

Blasphemy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D

I know...typing that was hard! I didn't want to say it because I want MORE carbies by the next day! :D None of my friends nor family understand why I love oats so much. LOL My mom told me that I was going to turn into a horse, for heaven's sake!

Krissypoo
05-04-2005, 04:52 AM
Circuit Day

Meal 1: .5 cup oats, 6 egg whites, 1 cup berries, multivitamin, phenogen
Meal 2: 5 oz curry turkey, green beans, fish oil
Meal 3: 5 oz turkey chili, salad, fish oil, phenogen
Meal 4: .75 cup oats, 1 scoop whey

Circuit

Meal 5: .75 cup oats, 1 scoop whey
Meal 6: lean dessert, fish oil

Calories Eaten Today
source grams cals %total
Total: 1729
Fat: 27 243 15%
Sat: 5 49 3%
Poly: 7 62 4%
Mono: 5 43 3%
Carbs: 197 666 41%
Fiber: 31 0 0%
Protein: 181 724 44%

FINALLY, things have slowed down at work. Talk about a crazy few days! It was hard for me to get my meals in because we were so busy. Luckily, no refineries blew up. :D We didn't create the problem, but my team got together, took control, and fought through it.

EDIT: SPOKE TOO SOOOOON!!!! MORE PROBLEMS THIS MORNING!!!!! WHEN WILL IT END?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!

jeni5.0
05-04-2005, 05:02 AM
hi kris- just stopping in to say hi. im working 2 jobs this week so its hard for me to get on here.

what is lean dessert? is it a certain thing or just different lowfat desserts that you make up? (such a good cook you are!)

Krissypoo
05-04-2005, 05:05 AM
hi kris- just stopping in to say hi. im working 2 jobs this week so its hard for me to get on here.

what is lean dessert? is it a certain thing or just different lowfat desserts that you make up? (such a good cook you are!)

Hey Jeni!

I know you've been busy as ever. You better write in that journal of yours, though! Lean Dessert is a casein powder. It tastes REALLY good. It's all I will allow myself at night now since I don't eat dairy. They've got banana nut bread, chocolate coconut, and cinnamon roll flavors. Banana nut bread is the best, I didn't care for the others THAT much. Cinnamon roll is good with cold milk or water, too.

EDIT: My diet will probably change a little today, which SUCKS! I might miss my workout, which REALLY SUCKS! I am not allowed out of the office until we fix this problem, no matter how long it takes. Is there a crying frownie?!?!?!? This sucks big time!!!!!!!! And it's not even our fault!!!!!

angeleye
05-04-2005, 08:41 AM
Im so pissed, i just typed 2 paragraphs :> and the server locked aghhh!
anywho, I forgot, what, you thought memory is important these days! I really wanted a beef reciepe - I get serloin today?

Krissypoo
05-04-2005, 08:46 AM
Im so pissed, i just typed 2 paragraphs :> and the server locked aghhh!
anywho, I forgot, what, you thought memory is important these days! I really wanted a beef reciepe - I get serloin today?

Hehe. You know I don't eat no stinkin' beef! :D Okay, really...

Rub it with ground cumin, mexican oregeno, chopped and mashed garlic, and chopped and mashed cilantro. Salt and pepper if you can have them right now. And sear it on all sides then roast it in the oven until it gets to the doneness that you like. YUM!

GRRRR about the paragraphs! I wanted to see them!

angeleye
05-04-2005, 09:08 AM
Guess what or oh no(take your pix), just hunting out Sistersteel to tell her - we will probably be competing AGAINST each other. I cant believe it! Hopefully this will be a good thing! I can Cheer her on face to face now.

Krissypoo
05-04-2005, 09:27 AM
Guess what or oh no(take your pix), just hunting out Sistersteel to tell her - we will probably be competing AGAINST each other. I cant believe it! Hopefully this will be a good thing! I can Cheer her on face to face now.

OH WOW!!!! That would be too crazy! You should PM her, she might be checking PMs...

sillyvent
05-04-2005, 10:21 AM
yummy beef....I'm drooling over here! Ae, you and SS up against each other- interesting!!

angeleye
05-04-2005, 12:02 PM
Have u seen her photo - the girl has got GUNS! ah ohh ;> Say: GET UR GAME UP!

Krissypoo
05-04-2005, 02:03 PM
Here are the VERY lackluster changes in my diet. Work is totally crazy, so I can't even get a workout in today. I'll have to do it tomorrow and again on Saturday.

Calories Eaten Today
source grams cals %total
Total: 1033
Fat: 24 219 23%
Sat: 7 61 6%
Poly: 6 57 6%
Mono: 6 54 6%
Carbs: 68 228 23%
Protein: 131 523 54%

I know I know, I need to eat more and I will! I had to do this because I won't be working out so that .75 cup of oats and scoop of whey that I was going to have today is just a wish now. Depending on what time I get out of here and IF I can make it to the gym before it closes, I may still have it. We will see....

Briar
05-04-2005, 04:08 PM
WOW those cals are very very low.

Not good for the body, try and get them anyway possible, I pretty much arrange my life around my meals to make sure im getting what i need.

Krissypoo
05-04-2005, 05:03 PM
WOW those cals are very very low.

Not good for the body, try and get them anyway possible, I pretty much arrange my life around my meals to make sure im getting what i need.

No worries, Briar. I get to eat AND workout today! :D Here are the new macros:

Calories Eaten Today
source grams cals %total
Total: 1748
Fat: 33 297 18%
Sat: 6 57 3%
Poly: 9 84 5%
Mono: 8 76 5%
Carbs: 189 632 39%
Fiber: 31 0 0%
Protein: 177 707 43%

Briar
05-04-2005, 05:08 PM
whooo thats alot better!!!

Have a wonderful day of eating and working out!!

Megin
05-04-2005, 09:02 PM
You have just been bumped! I didn't think the bumping police would let me b/c they say I need to spread them around but I guess they like you :)- excellent comment in my journal!

Krissypoo
05-04-2005, 09:05 PM
You have just been bumped! I didn't think the bumping police would let me b/c they say I need to spread them around but I guess they like you :)- excellent comment in my journal!

LOL Crazy girl...thanks!

Krissypoo
05-05-2005, 04:34 AM
Cardio only

Meal 1: .5 cup oats, 6 egg whites, 1 tbs sugar free jam, multivitamin, phenogen
Meal 2: 5 oz turkey chili, salad if I can get it, fish oil
Meal 3: 5 spicy thai peanut turkey, broccoli, fish oil, phenogen
Meal 4: 1.5 whey

Cardio

Meal 6: lean dessert, 2 soy and flax muffins, 2 tsp pb, fish oil

Calories Eaten Today
source grams cals %total
Total: 1245
Fat: 34 307 25%
Sat: 5 46 4%
Poly: 5 47 4%
Mono: 5 48 4%
Carbs: 61 193 16%
Fiber: 13 0 0%
Protein: 177 709 59%

I know I know I know...I'll add something somewhere so that I can get these numbers up. I've been too busy for words these last few days, so it's been rough. Today won't be any different. I offered to go to the refinery that was having problems, so I get to meet all of the bigwigs that complained. They did send a not to the CIO :eek: about how we did such a great job, so this could be a GREAT opportunity for me! :D

angeleye
05-05-2005, 06:16 AM
Good Morning! Im soooooo glad u may be catching a break! Sounds like complete chaos u were going through! Btw-how has your sleeping been? If you havent been eating properly, or working within sane limits, working out, how is your body compensating for the stress?? Im curious, based on your flow, I bet you havent picked a day to "bring it down a notch for one day? Before I go on in my motherly fashion, rest details!

StlBarbie
05-05-2005, 07:51 AM
Talk about cardio eating up muscle baby ... you better feed that tissue or you'll have an excuse not to do those #25 hammercurls!!!! I'd be starving and I KNOW I'd feel my tissue being consumed!! Get out your d@mn oaties and learn to eat them cold!!!!!!!! :D

Great job on the "real job"!!!!! I do see a promotion headed your way .. with the DOMS, of course!!!!!!!! :D

Krissypoo
05-05-2005, 12:59 PM
What a day...still not done, things are still nutso. I added a salad with chicken, .25 avocado, and .5 boiled egg. New macros:

Calories Eaten Today
source grams cals %total
Total: 1511
Fat: 50 446 30%
Sat: 9 78 5%
Poly: 8 70 5%
Mono: 13 115 8%
Carbs: 65 198 14%
Fiber: 15 0 0%
Protein: 205 821 56%

Megin
05-05-2005, 01:06 PM
Talk about cardio eating up muscle baby ... you better feed that tissue or you'll have an excuse not to do those #25 hammercurls!!!! I'd be starving and I KNOW I'd feel my tissue being consumed!! Get out your d@mn oaties and learn to eat them cold!!!!!!!! :D

Great job on the "real job"!!!!! I do see a promotion headed your way .. with the DOMS, of course!!!!!!!! :D

Hehe, Powells and her oaties- sadly enough, I think I am catching the oatie-bug! I so look forward to my protein pancakes in the morning that I actually woke up at 5am just to eat them!!!!

Blah to being busy- I am very admireable that you are able to eat clean and still keep up your cardio w/ your schedule (and of course be able to post it ;))

Excellent work Kris- Hang in there!!

Megin
05-05-2005, 02:17 PM
OMG I just went back to that recipe thread of your and I found COOKIES!

If you only saw my face when I saw cookies on there you would have died.
Ok, confession...back in high school I was dared to 75 cookies in 2 hours- needless to say, I won and enjoyed every bite...thats how much I LOVE cookies. But I have had to stop cold turkey when I realized that, perhaps they were not the healthies addiction and that if I kept eating like that I would be dead in a few years! lol

Now I can make cookies out of oatmeal- what fun! (that is assuming I don't burn down the apartment in the process)

I think I can have those on my high carb days right? Perhaps one on medium days?
*salivating*

Miamituscani
05-05-2005, 02:22 PM

Ok, confession...back in high school I was dared to 75 cookies in 2 hours- needless to say, I won and enjoyed every bite...thats how much I LOVE cookies. But I have had to stop cold turkey when I realized that, perhaps they were not the healthies addiction and that if I kept eating like that I would be dead in a few years! lol

Now I can make cookies out of oatmeal- what fun! (that is assuming I don't burn down the apartment in the process)

I think I can have those on my high carb days right? Perhaps one on medium days?
*salivating*

Ok... I have to find the recipe!!! Yummy... WannaBeModel your the best.

StlBarbie
05-05-2005, 02:24 PM
We are not the kind of people to dare LOL ... people just don't understand what they are setting in motion!!!!!

KRIS, Since you've already hammercurled #25s.... I dare you to hammercurl #30s!!!! ;)

Krissypoo
05-05-2005, 02:24 PM

*salivating*

I eat them on high and moderate carb days! :) I love those things. I love the peanut butter ones on low carb days. Sometimes I make them with almond butter. SOOOOOO good! That's the whole point of the recipe thread. I hope more people post there, it would be helpful. I always see people asking about their recipes for foods in their journals. Hopefully, the ladies here will start sharing their secrets!

Megin...75 cookies in 2 hours. WHOA! :eek: You're a machine!

Krissypoo
05-05-2005, 02:25 PM
KRIS, Since you've already hammercurled #25s.... I dare you to hammercurl #30s!!!! ;)

D@MN YOU!!!!!! Fine, I will do it on Friday. You know I am NOT going to refuse a bet!!!!!!

Thanks Miami. :) That's very sweet of you!

StlBarbie
05-05-2005, 02:26 PM
Do you think we all could be considered a little "competitive" in nature?? Naw..........not us ... what was I thinking????????? :D

Krissypoo
05-05-2005, 02:29 PM
Do you think we all could be considered a little "competitive" in nature?? Naw..........not us ... what was I thinking????????? :D

Just a teeeeny tiiiiny bit, not very though...I'd say ;) Tomorrow is my higher carb day, so I will eat lots of oats to kill those biceps with the 30# DBs. I now realize that I do have biceps, just a nice insulation over them. My office is always cold, so I guess it will do for now! :)

Megin
05-05-2005, 02:36 PM
Humm, Curling 30# dumbells- how many times are we talking about here??

Ya- bad idea to set 'dares' up to our type. We will stop at nothing :)

Krissypoo
05-05-2005, 02:39 PM
Humm, Curling 30# dumbells- how many times are we talking about here??

Ya- bad idea to set 'dares' up to our type. We will stop at nothing :)

Good question. I am going to squeeze out as many as I can, but I have a killer circuit so my bis are supertight by the time I get to my isolation moves. Yesterday, I hammer curled 25# DBs for 6 reps each arm, the did a drop set with 20# DBs for 4 reps each are. We do need to set a minimum rep on these...

What do you guys think it should be?

MEGIN, ARE YOU IN ON THIS TOO?!?!?!?! :D

Megin
05-05-2005, 02:42 PM
HUMMM.....
I already hit bis this week
;)

StlBarbie
05-05-2005, 02:43 PM
I better not be hearing excuses already .... trying to slack it off as too tired by the isolation exercises!!! Actually, I thought of that myself, and decided I would not follow protocal and hammercurl first!!!!!!!!!!!! :D

Of course, Megin is in!!!!!!!
Megin??? Megin????? Where'd you go????????????? :D

StlBarbie
05-05-2005, 02:44 PM
D@mn Kris, with friends like us ... who needs enemies??? ;)

Krissypoo
05-05-2005, 02:44 PM
HUMMM.....
I already hit bis this week
;)

PFFFFFFTTT! I do bis 3 times a week. Read the quote at the bottom of this message...LOL

Powells...no sh!t talking. I'll make you do my circuit for a whole week and you don't want that!

"Excuses are tools of incompetence, used to build monuments of nothingness, and those who use them will never become a success!"

Krissypoo
05-05-2005, 02:45 PM
D@mn Kris, with friends like us ... who needs enemies??? ;)

We are doing this for everyone's well being...no harm intended. Well, maybe DOMS...but who doesn't like DOMS? :)

Megin
05-05-2005, 02:45 PM
Please- 30# is nothing!

StlBarbie
05-05-2005, 02:47 PM
Of course, we ONLY have everyone's best interest at heart!!!!

Sure Kris, keep telling 'em that ....sh............:D

D@mn, I gotta go ... that darn real life I lead!!!

Krissypoo
05-05-2005, 02:48 PM
Please- 30# is nothing!

Barb, we got a sh!t talker on our hands.... :D

Tell them they can wait at that class, you have bigger fish to fry!

StlBarbie
05-05-2005, 02:49 PM
You are killin' me here .... ROFLMAO!!!

Megin
05-05-2005, 02:51 PM
I speak but the truth
I see your 30# and raise you 5

35# 4x each arm tomorrow. Even though its ab day

Krissypoo
05-05-2005, 02:51 PM
You are killin' me here .... ROFLMAO!!!

You're crazy! *shaking my head* I can see where this is going to go and it isn't pretty. If we lived in the same city, we would never make it!

StlBarbie
05-05-2005, 02:52 PM
Stop This Now!!!!!!!! I Have To Go To Work And I Can't Take This Anymore!!!!!!

arose70
05-05-2005, 02:52 PM
I just want to say that this is all cracking me up on a not so good day...thanks for the smiles ladies! And maybe, just maybe, if I ever hit 30# curls, I'll give you gals a post! ha!

Krissypoo
05-05-2005, 02:53 PM
I just want to say that this is all cracking me up on a not so good day...thanks for the smiles ladies! And maybe, just maybe, if I ever hit 30# curls, I'll give you gals a post! ha!

Maybe?!?!?! Join in while it's hot! Come on...you'll like it. You'll soon be bragging about your DOMS. You want in, riiiiiigght???? :D

Megin
05-05-2005, 02:55 PM
She is in
Everyone better be posting there curls tomorrow!!

arose70
05-05-2005, 02:58 PM
Thanks, Megin, thanks a lot...I should kept my damn fingers from posting. Alright, I'm in, but you all should know that I have to wake up at 5:45 AM on an unscheduled lift day just to do this! Or, I'll go stop by at lunch in my business clothes and start pounding em out lol! I'll post here tomorrow though-and I better see everyone else's reps too! I'll be lucky if I get one :p

Krissypoo
05-05-2005, 03:05 PM
Thanks, Megin, thanks a lot...I should kept my damn fingers from posting. Alright, I'm in, but you all should know that I have to wake up at 5:45 AM on an unscheduled lift day just to do this! Or, I'll go stop by at lunch in my business clothes and start pounding em out lol! I'll post here tomorrow though-and I better see everyone else's reps too! I'll be lucky if I get one :p

WOOOHHOOOOO!

The lunch hour lift would be VERY interesting! LOL

terracotta
05-05-2005, 03:29 PM
30# each arm or 30# total???

Krissypoo
05-05-2005, 03:41 PM
30# each arm or 30# total???

30# DBs per arm. You want in, TC? :D

terracotta
05-05-2005, 03:44 PM
30# DBs per arm. You want in, TC? :D

I have a feeling it would be zero..lol.. If you want me in I'll try it.

Krissypoo
05-05-2005, 03:48 PM
I have a feeling it would be zero..lol.. If you want me in I'll try it.

YES! I know you can do it! Tomrrow is contest day, so you have to report back by end of day how many reps you did.

:D Glad to see you joining us!

terracotta
05-05-2005, 03:58 PM
YES! I know you can do it! Tomrrow is contest day, so you have to report back by end of day how many reps you did.

:D Glad to see you joining us!

ok.. I'm in.. I'll save my back workout till after just in case I have a chance of getting a rep or 2 in!

jeni5.0
05-05-2005, 04:10 PM
hey wbm- im in to. :)

Megin
05-05-2005, 04:13 PM
I started a thread in the general section so everyone post there!

Krissypoo
05-05-2005, 05:36 PM
Yay! Jeni is in! We've got quite a few in now. This is going to be fun!

StlBarbie
05-05-2005, 09:32 PM
You're crazy! *shaking my head* I can see where this is going to go and it isn't pretty. If we lived in the same city, we would never make it!

What are talkin' same city??? Hell girl, "they" aren't even going to allow us on the world wide web at the same time!!!!!! :D

You sure stirred up the toilet bowl now ... d@mn, I won't even be able to life my spoon to eat my oaties!!!!! :D You are going to feel really bad when I am carb depleted!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Krissypoo
05-06-2005, 04:40 AM
Circuit Day - Contest Day - Carb Up Day

Meal 1: 1 cup oats, 6 egg whites, 1 cup berries, green tea, multivitamin, phenogen
Meal 2: 5 oz curry turkey, green beans
Meal 3: 5 oz curry turkey, .5 cup cooked brown rice, broccoli, phenogen
Meal 4: 1 cup oats, 1 scoop whey, grapefruit, green tea

Circuit

Meal 5: .5 cup oats, 1 scoop whey, 1 apple, phenogen
Meal 6: lean dessert

Calories Eaten Today
source grams cals %total
Total: 1978
Fat: 25 229 12%
Sat: 5 45 2%
Poly: 6 55 3%
Mono: 5 47 3%
Carbs: 272 923 50%
Fiber: 41 0 0%
Protein: 173 694 38%

Diet was off yesterday. I was really hungry but I know why. I was superbusy and running around like crazy and did not give my body enough food for all of that activity. My cals were ~400 higher, but they were all clean. :) Good thing I am not cutting. Bad thing is, I cheated with those muffins and they made quite a rumbly in my stomach. I feel better today, not so "loose." :D

EDIT: I got a late start this morning and will be working out earier, so I will probably only eat 5 times today. If I do eat more than 5 times, the above ratios will be the same. I'll move meal 2 to meal 5 and bump everything else up. If I only eat 5 meals, meal 2 will be eliminated. Here are the macros with 5 meals, but I don't know if it's going to happen yet....

Calories Eaten Today
source grams cals %total
Total: 1722
Fat: 22 195 12%
Sat: 5 41 3%
Poly: 5 47 3%
Mono: 4 39 2%
Carbs: 245 832 52%
Fiber: 37 0 0%
Protein: 145 581 36%

Megin
05-06-2005, 09:51 AM
MMM- CARB UP DAY!

Yes, I expect you to get 8 each side!
My bet is SB_Cali is gonna crush us all tho- she has guns!

Megin
05-06-2005, 05:44 PM
I am sure that everyone agrees w/ me when I say that KRIS IS AN AWESOME PERSON!

StlBarbie
05-06-2005, 09:39 PM
This contest idea was so........... much fun!!!!!!! We love to feed off your creativity!!! I would rep you if I could but you know .. those darn rep police always on patrol for rep $luts!!!!!!!! :D

Krissypoo
05-06-2005, 09:44 PM
Oh, yes. I had my fair share of carbies today! I was in carb heaven! I don't know how much longer I will carb cycle. My hunger is kicking my butt and the phenogen isn't helping. That crap makes you SOOOO hungry!!!

StlBarbie
05-06-2005, 09:51 PM
Oh, yes. I had my fair share of carbies today! I was in carb heaven! I don't know how much longer I will carb cycle. My hunger is kicking my butt and the phenogen isn't helping. That crap makes you SOOOO hungry!!!

I know some of that stuff will turn around and bite you in the butt!!! Kris, you've got a lot of intensity in those workouts ... the hunger soon follows!! :eek: Hit the STRAWBERRIES ... lower in cals than oats, great carbies, and so........healthy!! No added sugar though missy!!!!!! :D

Krissypoo
05-06-2005, 09:55 PM
I know some of that stuff will turn around and bite you in the butt!!! Kris, you've got a lot of intensity in those workouts ... the hunger soon follows!! :eek: Hit the STRAWBERRIES ... lower in cals than oats, great carbies, and so........healthy!! No added sugar though missy!!!!!! :D

Never sugar added! I'll definitely try that, though. I get ravenous and I don't know what to do. I chew gum like crazy, but that's not great to do ALL of the time. Maybe strawberries on my cardio days? Definitely on lifting days...

StlBarbie
05-06-2005, 09:57 PM
Try it ... you'll like it!!!!! ;) I bet you will really love them post work out!! Your muscles just seem to suck up the fruit then!!! Not to mention, they are filling and we are ALWAYs looking for filling!!!!!!

Krissypoo
05-07-2005, 07:13 AM
Cardio only

Meal 1: .5 cup oats, 1 scoop whey, green tea, multivitamin

cardio

Meal 2: 2 scoops whey, green tea
Meal 3: 5 oz spicy thai peanut turkey, broccoli, fish oil, phenogen
Meal 4: 5 oz spicy thai peanut turkey, broccoli, fish oil
Meal 5: 4 oz grilled chicken breast, cabbage salad, 1 tbs olive oil, phenogen
Meal 6: 2 soy and flax muffins, phenogen

I'm going to stop calculating macros on the weekend. I start to freak out and I don't want nor need to do that. My meals may change a bit, but they will all be of the same compositions.

Megin
05-08-2005, 02:38 PM
I'm going to stop calculating macros on the weekend. I start to freak out and I don't want nor need to do that. My meals may change a bit, but they will all be of the same compositions.

I think that is a good idea b/c as long as you eat healthy, you shouldn't have to worry about the macros on the weekend. Remember, you want to be able to keep up this lifestyle so you do not want to get burned-out w/ calculating everything you eat nor obsess to the point where it is no longer fun.

Great job on staying on track Kris! Very motivating

Krissypoo
05-08-2005, 02:46 PM
Thanks, Megin! :)

Meal 1: .5 cup oats, 6 egg whites, .5 cup berries, phenogen
Meal 2: 5 oz grilled chicken breast, HUGE salad, fish oil, phenogen
Meal 3: .5 cup oats, 4 jumbo egg whites, .5 cup strawberries and blackberries
Meal 4: lean dessert, 2 chocolate walnut muffins - GOOD! I will post this recipe, fish oil, phenogen

I made cookies for my mom, aunt, and grandmother for Mother's Day, so my calories are not as low as they seem. I ended up eating a few walnuts in the process, 1 chocolate hazelnut cookie(These are good!) and 1 other cookie. I'll post the recipes for these. The "other" cookie is something I made up on the spot and VERY good. It's got chunky peanut butter, walnuts, AND almonds. No workout today, I was running all over the place like a fool.

Dawn, I thought I had found us another SD...but I really like this one. LOL Falling for SDs is against the rules! :D

StlBarbie
05-08-2005, 04:57 PM
You are really an accomplished cook Kris!!

So me, who tends NOT to cook a lot decides to go make the soy and flax muffins. I make the muffins yesterday ... leave them out to cool and head out!! Of course, I am confident they will still be there when I return because what kind of kid would eat soy/flax muffins??? Well, 5 kids decided they LOVED them and finished them off before I even got back to the house!!! Now, do you think they would have even tried them if I told them they were soy/flax muffins??????? LOL Next time, I will label them!!!!

Hope this week is better for you than last!!!!!!!

Krissypoo
05-08-2005, 05:25 PM
You are really an accomplished cook Kris!!

So me, who tends NOT to cook a lot decides to go make the soy and flax muffins. I make the muffins yesterday ... leave them out to cool and head out!! Of course, I am confident they will still be there when I return because what kind of kid would eat soy/flax muffins??? Well, 5 kids decided they LOVED them and finished them off before I even got back to the house!!! Now, do you think they would have even tried them if I told them they were soy/flax muffins??????? LOL Next time, I will label them!!!!

Hope this week is better for you than last!!!!!!!

Glad they liked the muffins! Too bad you didn't get any. Maybe you are a better cook than you know! :D

This week better be less hectic than last week! Although, I did get quite a few work calls while on a date last night. Thank goodness he understands...

jeni5.0
05-09-2005, 04:33 AM
a date? is this a new guy? this isnt miami guy is it? do tell. :)

so, i finally did the contest. i got a 0 on each arm. but i decided since i was doing a full body workout (my last weight workout for 2 weeks, as far as i know) i would do a contest with each one. i did warmup sets, and then put tried a higher weight than usual. surprisingly, i could do most of them, and then add more. so exciting!! well, i realized because of this that i can push myself way harder, so i will.

thanks kris for your contest.

Krissypoo
05-09-2005, 05:10 AM
a date? is this a new guy? this isnt miami guy is it? do tell. :)

so, i finally did the contest. i got a 0 on each arm. but i decided since i was doing a full body workout (my last weight workout for 2 weeks, as far as i know) i would do a contest with each one. i did warmup sets, and then put tried a higher weight than usual. surprisingly, i could do most of them, and then add more. so exciting!! well, i realized because of this that i can push myself way harder, so i will.

thanks kris for your contest.

Yes...me...a DATE! LOL This is another guy. I know, I know...I change them like I change my underwear! He's a real sweetie...very smart...older...Cuban(I have a thing for Latin men!). He's great. Every date we go on last at least a whole day because we want to talk all night long, so we bar and restaurant hop all night and talk. He's a manager and account executive for a business lending firm. I like him...A LOT...and that scares me. And he is SOOOOOO CUTE! :D

I'm glad the contest pushed you to work harder! Hopefully, it will spill over into everyone's workouts and the intensity will be turned up a few notches. Great going, girlie!

Krissypoo
05-09-2005, 06:00 AM
Circuit day

Meal 1: .5 cup oats, .125 cup oat bran, 5 egg whites, .5 cup berries, multivitamin, phenogen, green tea
Meal 2: 6 oz grilled chicken breast, HUGE salad, 3 fish oil, phenogen
Meal 3: 5 oz curry turkey, .5 cup brown rice, green tea
Meal 4: .5 cup oats, 1 scoop whey, apple

Circuit

Meal 5: .5 cup oats, 1 scoop whey, 7 strawberries
Meal 6: lean dessert, 3 fish oil, phenogen

Calories Eaten Today
source grams cals %total
Total: 1634
Fat: 28 248 16%
Sat: 6 58 4%
Poly: 7 64 4%
Mono: 6 55 4%
Carbs: 170 572 37%
Protein: 182 727 47%

EDIT: Natural peanut butter will not cross my lips again. I love the stuff too much and eat it too much. The last of it went out yesterday, so that's it. I'll have to get my fats from fish oil, oats, poultry, and seafood from now on.

Megin
05-09-2005, 02:07 PM
MMM- Who is this boy!!! Sounds like some fun ;)

Circuit day- what fun! And I hear ya on the PB- It is sooooo good!

Alright, quick question. I am doing the high carbs today and it was leg day. But I woke up and realized that you said 1 cup of oats and 6 eggs whites and a small apple for breakfast- man, it took me a 1/2 hour to eat all of that! That is a lot of food- and now I am just about to force the 1 cup of brown rice down. I don't know if I will be able to get all of that food in w/o feeling like I am about to explode- but I will do it!!!

PS- How did you get to be so smart? You seem to know everything about the right foods to eat and the exercises! You amaze me!

arose70
05-09-2005, 02:17 PM
Another one bites the dust...I too gave up my beloved PB. I haven't had a spoonful since Friday and I miss it. It compromised a big portion of my cals (!) so now I feel stuffed all the time-like I'm about to gag before my next meal I feel so full. that'll go away eventually though. Feeling full with good food is soooooo different than feeling full with crappy food. Got off on a tangent there but the point was that I know where you are coming from with your PB and if you ever need to bitch about it, I'm here:)

Krissypoo
05-09-2005, 02:19 PM
Megin - he is no boy, he is a MAN :D He is great, but I'm trying not to get TOO excited. I hate liking someone...makes me angry. :mad: I'm a control freak and this makes me realize I'm not controlling my feelings. Ah well, at least it's fun!! :D

High carb day is going to feel like a lot of food, but try doing an intense leg workout on low carbs. You are going to thank me tonight after you leave the gym!!! I told you that you would be sick of carbs after today! Don't tell Powells I said that...she's going say that it's blasphemy!

I read a lot, I experiement a lot. Right now, I'm experimenting with no dairy and I am not as bloated as I usually am when I do eat it. Plus, it helps me to keep my carbs in check. Like I said before, I am a control freak and that includes controlling my body. I have A LOT to learn and I intend to eat up all of the information that I can. I know how to admit when I am wrong...and I'm willing to do all the research necessary to learn what is truth.

Krissypoo
05-09-2005, 02:21 PM
Another one bites the dust...I too gave up my beloved PB. I haven't had a spoonful since Friday and I miss it. It compromised a big portion of my cals (!) so now I feel stuffed all the time-like I'm about to gag before my next meal I feel so full. that'll go away eventually though. Feeling full with good food is soooooo different than feeling full with crappy food. Got off on a tangent there but the point was that I know where you are coming from with your PB and if you ever need to bitch about it, I'm here:)

LOL I am so glad that we are not alone on this! I could honestly sit with a spoon and a jar of crunchy PB and just eat until the jar was finished. Ooey, gooey, melt in your mouth PB! *mouth watering* At least we still have our oaties! :D

Why did you give yours up?

Pilgrim BB
05-09-2005, 02:27 PM
Hi there MsW. I'm just going to spend some time catching up on your journal.

I hope you have a good workout today ;)

Good luck.

A

Krissypoo
05-09-2005, 02:29 PM
Hi there MsW. I'm just going to spend some time catching up on your journal.

I hope you have a good workout today ;)

Good luck.

A

Thanks for stopping in! Try not to burn your eyes too bad when you see my photos!

BTW, I'm bringing my bucket to the gym today :D Either I will TOTALLY love you today or hate you! Probably both!

arose70
05-09-2005, 02:33 PM
I gave up my PB on my quest for "hottie" status. I want to lose some bf and I know the PB was hindering me. I could also eat it forever and I didn't want that kind of temptation around!

Krissypoo
05-09-2005, 02:38 PM
I gave up my PB on my quest for "hottie" status. I want to lose some bf and I know the PB was hindering me. I could also eat it forever and I didn't want that kind of temptation around!

Sounds like an Alcholics Anonymous meeting...

"I'm Kris, and I love PB. I knew I had reached an ultimate low when I cried that my PB jar was empty and that is why I am here."

:rolleyes: Pathetic

Pilgrim BB
05-09-2005, 02:48 PM
BTW, I'm bringing my bucket to the gym today :D Either I will TOTALLY love you today or hate you! Probably both!
Probably the latter, but don't forget it was MsP who put you up to this :D

BTW, the DOMS on the second day is the worst! Sorry.

A

Krissypoo
05-09-2005, 02:53 PM

A

I love DOMS! Thank goodness cardio is not important for me right now. :D Oh yes, Powells will be hearing about this one. I'll have my oats soaking, waiting on me for when I get home. I'll just have to crawl home after this workout.

When I try a new torture routine I get this quesy, love-sick feeling. Like now...I feel like a teenager going on a date with her crush. This is the same feeling the first time I did The Bear...so I am scared witless that I am going to fall in love with this, too!

sb_cali
05-09-2005, 03:01 PM

Temptation... LOL... I love my PB, but I haven't given it up yet... maybe I should. Trying to avoid PB is easy when there's none in the house. BUT but my boys love PB &J. Dang :D

Honestly, it's all I can to do is make their sandwich and then eye all the PB that is still stuck to the knife and quickly turn around and throw that thing into the soapy water in the sink. If I act quick I don't have to deal with that little devil on my shoulder saying: "go ahead... lick it! it won't hurt...." LOL..

Anyway - Kris, I actually just popped in to tell you that I finally found some red chile paste in the Thai food section... Then I look back in your journal and realize that I was supposed to get Red CURRY paste... duh.. :D I was looking forward to making your recipe. Guess the hunt for Curry paste will continue. :)

sb_cali (I enjoy reading your journal too!)

StlBarbie
05-09-2005, 03:42 PM

A

Just remember Kris ... it is Pilgrim that is our inspiration!!!!!!!!! :D

Pilgrim BB
05-09-2005, 03:42 PM
MsW, one hour later - 25 pages! Cool journal!

Lovely pics, lots of recipies, 35# Hammer curls and loads of fun:D. Thanks.

You can't still be single, what's up with the guys in Houston???

You have some wicked workouts, so I think you should be OK with the 20 rep squats. Have fun.

A

Pilgrim BB
05-09-2005, 03:44 PM
Just remember Kris ... it is Pilgrim that is our inspiration!!!!!!!!! :D
This is all your fault MsP. The poor girl might never make it back here!

You should be ashamed of yourself. Anyway it's your turn next:D.

A

StlBarbie
05-09-2005, 03:51 PM
This is all your fault MsP. The poor girl might never make it back here!

You should be ashamed of yourself. Anyway it's your turn next:D.

A

Shouldn't you be sleeping or something????????? ;)
It is hard to slide one past you!!!

I'll see how Kris fairs ;) LOL... she gets to be the guinea pig!!!!! :D

Emma-Leigh
05-09-2005, 03:54 PM
Diet is looking spot on Kris!!

EDIT: Natural peanut butter will not cross my lips again. I love the stuff too much and eat it too much. The last of it went out yesterday, so that's it. I'll have to get my fats from fish oil, oats, poultry, and seafood from now on.
LOL - Soooo many people I know have this exact problem!! Mmmmm.... peanut butter!!

I get around it by making walnut butter (100% walnuts). Very tasty, a LOT better for you.... And you are less likely to stick your fingers in the jar! ;)

ps: Hope you have a good date! But don't you let him get between you and that squat rack! LOL! :D

Pilgrim BB
05-09-2005, 03:57 PM
Shouldn't you be sleeping or something????????? ;)
It is hard to slide one past you!!!

Ha Ha Ha, you have a good memory! I'm staying up late to keep an eye on you. These poor girls need protecting:D.

A

StlBarbie
05-09-2005, 04:05 PM
Ha Ha Ha, you have a good memory! I'm staying up late to keep an eye on you. These poor girls need protecting:D.

A

LOL Pilgrim ... you are killing me!!!!!!!!
Go to sleep and rest ... I want to see a 22 rep squat out of you this week!! :D I promise to behave myself! ;)

Krissypoo
05-09-2005, 05:30 PM
Decided it was a good idea to have another shake and half a banana 15 minutes before my workout. Since I have really cleaned up my diet, I have been hungrier and I needed this meal. It helped and I will be doing this from now on.

I'd like the following by saying that I NEVER EVER EVER get sick...EVER!!!

Today, I puke at the gym...

And on my way home...

20 REP SQUATS RUUUUUULLLEEE!!!! By rep 18 I am shaking all over, my spotter is cheering me on, and I am geeked and ready to get those last 2 reps out. I push those suckers out, put the bar back on my own, and collapse on the floor.My butt burned, my quads burned, my hams burned. I start doing my calf raises and I have to head for the trash can. LOL I was proud of myself. LOL

I don't recommend this for everyone. You can easily lose form and hurt yourself if you aren't careful.

New macros with changes in diet:

Calories Eaten Today
source grams cals %total
Total: 1712
Fat: 27 241 15%
Sat: 6 54 3%
Poly: 7 59 4%
Mono: 5 47 3%
Carbs: 194 664 41%
Fiber: 28 0 0%
Protein: 183 733 45%

Emma - I am going to try to make the walnut butter. I LOVE WALNUTS!!!! That would go well in my new cookies. I don't know what to name them...you would LOVE them! They have dry roasted chopped almonds and walnuts and chunky peanut butter. I am such a foodie...and so are you! So I know you will love them! You know better than to think that the guy would EVER get between me and my squat rack! I need to be honest with him soon and tell him why I workout so much...

Pilgrim - I love you today, but only because I love torture. Tomorrow, I'll tell you what I REALLY think about you especially with the DOMS tomorrow. :D And yes, men in Houston are blind, crippled, and crazy. ;)

Powells - :D :D :D That's all I have to say about that

Cali - You can use the chili paste, but you will need curry powder, garlic, ginger, soy, and green onion to make the curry paste. No worries! If you don't have curry, don't worry about it. The garlic, ginger, green onion, and soy will make a yummy sauce. I sometimes combine those ingredients with brown rice vinegar to make a dressing for an Asian tuna salad. :)

Emma, Pilgrim, and Powells - You guys have created a monster!

Megin
05-09-2005, 06:26 PM
Ewww-
Ha, you know you kicked your own but when you make yourself sick- I have yet to do that!
Thats great that you are PROUD of yourself for tossing your cookies! Lol, I don't know many people who would think that was good thing. Actually, no, I don't know anyone who thinks thats a good thing!

Humm, these 20 squats are sounding interesting. Not sure if I could do it w/o a spotter tho??

-Wow, I feel like I am stuffing my face w/ carbs- wait, I AM! I need to wake up earlier next high carb day so I can space meals out more! And good call on doing it on leg day!!!!!

Quick q. for you tho- can I do low carb tomorrow (its back/bi/abs and light cardio)? Or should I do med. carb then low carb on Wed. which is going to be just cardio?

Krissypoo
05-09-2005, 06:39 PM
Quick q. for you tho- can I do low carb tomorrow (its back/bi/abs and light cardio)? Or should I do med. carb then low carb on Wed. which is going to be just cardio?

Either one will work, you choose. I do low carbs on cardio day. I like my carbies for when I lift. Are you sick of the carbs yet? LOL :D

DO NOT DO 20 REP SQUATS WITHOUT A SPOTTER!!!!

Hehe...that does sound vile. I am GEEKED because I tossed my cookies. LOL How sad!

StlBarbie
05-09-2005, 07:17 PM
I am so.......... proud of you for heaving in the gym!!!!!!!! :D
That's my GF!!!!!!! WHAT A WO CHICKA!!!!!!!!!! Are you so ... pumped now that you accomplished it??? I suspect it is best to be pumped tongiht and I think we will all understand if we don't hear from you for a few days!!!! :D
Just remember, it is Pilgrims's inspiration that drove you to do the insane!!! Hey, don't worry about too many carbies today .. you probably left half of them back in the gym!!! :D

Krissypoo
05-09-2005, 07:32 PM
I am so.......... proud of you for heaving in the gym!!!!!!!! :D
That's my GF!!!!!!! WHAT A WO CHICKA!!!!!!!!!! Are you so ... pumped now that you accomplished it??? I suspect it is best to be pumped tongiht and I think we will all understand if we don't hear from you for a few days!!!! :D
Just remember, it is Pilgrims's inspiration that drove you to do the insane!!! Hey, don't worry about too many carbies today .. you probably left half of them back in the gym!!! :D

Thanks, Barb! I'm proud of me, too! The whole workout was harder than usual. I think the extra carbs right before REALLY helped. I mean, I felt GOOD the whole time. And, I was extra hungry tonight. I'm loving this intensity!

Thanks Pilgrim and BARB for today's successful insanity! :) Tomorrow is back to...boring cardio. BLAH! :mad: LOL

StlBarbie
05-09-2005, 07:35 PM
Remember my mantra ... CARDIO DOES NOT HAVE TO BE BORING!!!! ... there are always arc trainer races!!!!!!!!! :D I'm just waiting in the wings for you to develop that cardiovascular endurance!!! ;)

Krissypoo
05-09-2005, 07:39 PM
Remember my mantra ... CARDIO DOES NOT HAVE TO BE BORING!!!! ... there are always arc trainer races!!!!!!!!! :D I'm just waiting in the wings for you to develop that cardiovascular endurance!!! ;)

*sigh* I know, I know...I might do the arc tomorrow, depending on my DOMS. I know that it will help me get leaner and I definitely need that. I got into a playful arguement with this guy at the gym about that today. He talked about how being big equals being slow and doofy looking. The nerve! :)