PDA

View Full Version : Arm Excercises/Tendonitis

zdoor
06-10-2002, 11:03 AM
Did a search but couldn't find what I was looking for, sorry if its already been asked.

I have developed tendonitis in my right elbow and while the pain is bearable it is making it tough when I try to train my biceps. I recently purchased an arm band to go around my upper forearm and that seems to be helping.

Anyways preacher curls and hammer curls seem to irritate it the most. Standing curls aren't as bad but still somewhat uncomfortable. Just wondering if anybody with a similar injury found any types of excercises that weren't as irritating to the elbow. I've been icing it at night and taking it pretty easy for the most part but I'll sure be glad when it heals.

Gettin old sure sucks ; )

musmar
06-11-2002, 08:42 PM
Yes, i have had the same problem with my left elbow for a long time. It still bothers me sometimes, especially when i keep my arms bent for a long time. I suggest you buy some glucosamine and chondroitin complex and start using it. This was the only thing that made my elbow "normal" again. It takes about 10 days before you start noticing any change, but i guarantee that it works! use about 1500mg of glucosamine and 1000mg of chondroitin. Thats what worked best for me, i still use both and i dont have any problems.

Good Luck!

zdoor
06-12-2002, 07:59 AM
Thanks for the reply. I just started using glucosimine Monday and I'll try adding chondroitin and hopefully that will do the trick.

parapete
06-12-2002, 11:13 AM
definite kick ass combo. I use it with great results and my wrists, shoulders and elbows are all shot from using a wheelchair. Also, make sure you do plenty of warm-ups with light weight to loosen up the joints and get blood in there.