PDA

View Full Version : Track

toxict3arz
11-19-2004, 10:40 PM
i played football and track for 2 years.. but i quit football and i am into track now ... but my problem is .. that imma sprinter and as a sprinter i was told that .. muscle was also lost if u sprint .... and i dont wanan lose my muscles

so ive been doing long distance run to lose fat ... but now that track season is getting closer i wanna work on sprints but yet dont wanan lose muscle ... and rite now i have no access to the weight room ...

any advice or tips or something that will change my mind

RoAR
11-19-2004, 11:19 PM
sprints if anything will be the type of cardio dat would save muscle.. do 30 seconds sprints or sumpin..look up HIIT training ur questions will be answered

peace

OutPhase
11-20-2004, 02:07 AM
i played football and track for 2 years.. but i quit football and i am into track now ... but my problem is .. that imma sprinter and as a sprinter i was told that .. muscle was also lost if u sprint .... and i dont wanan lose my muscles

so ive been doing long distance run to lose fat ... but now that track season is getting closer i wanna work on sprints but yet dont wanan lose muscle ... and rite now i have no access to the weight room ...

any advice or tips or something that will change my mind

Sprinting should not make you lose muscle. If anything long distance running would cause more muscle loss than sprinting. Keep on lifting hard and the added muscle will actually help your top speed. I did have a hard time gaining more muscle during track however, but never lost it.