PDA

View Full Version : official heavy metal thread

jimjoneskoolaid
10-26-2004, 12:38 PM
continuing the metal thread ,
thanks for the music section
anyway to start things off I would like everyone to know that the new in flames is the worst album I've heard since my mom forced me to listen to air supply on the way to school as a youngin'. No one, and I mean no one should own , or even attempt to listen to soundtrack to your escape. **** that ****.

BigZeke
10-26-2004, 12:39 PM
ROFL @ Air Supply

Hartski
10-26-2004, 12:48 PM
Is anyone else disgusted with Korn's new faliure of an album?
I mean come on, "Word Up"!?!?
And their redo of "Another Brick In The Wall" is sickening.

BigZeke
10-26-2004, 12:50 PM
I never liked Korn in the first place

goth666
10-26-2004, 12:52 PM

i havent heard "another brick in the wall" but they are pissing me off lately. "take a look in the mirror" was horrible.

Cure_me
10-26-2004, 12:58 PM
Anything Korn did after the first album sucked in my opinion...Life was peachy was okay, but like they said, it was all their left over crap. Everything else I kinda think they lost their edge. I don't even care to hear anything else they put out.

jimjoneskoolaid
10-26-2004, 01:25 PM
ditto

Skrape
10-26-2004, 01:50 PM
^^^^^^

Skrape
10-26-2004, 01:52 PM
To the original post, I've heard Soundtrack to your Escape and I agree that it was pretty bad. My favorite In Flames CD was Whoracle.

jimjoneskoolaid
10-26-2004, 02:06 PM
To the original post, I've heard Soundtrack to your Escape and I agree that it was pretty bad. My favorite In Flames CD was Whoracle.
I like colony, embody the invisible is my favorite in flames song

Iron Draggin
10-26-2004, 02:20 PM
Heh, I was going to say the "...brick in the wall" cover was one of their better songs....oh well not my favorite group anyhow.

pearldrummer
10-26-2004, 03:50 PM
Heh, I was going to say the "...brick in the wall" cover was one of their better songs....oh well not my favorite group anyhow.

ah my girlfriends favorite band is korn and i have to go to their concert with her next month. I know thier pit is going to suck and all the bands are horrid but whatever, most of my friends are going to hopefully ill have fun. But hey ill have my fun in the pit this friday at lamb of god and CoB.

and kick ass on getting a music forum.

NJE
10-26-2004, 04:00 PM
Here's a few of my favs:

Lamb of God
The Haunted
Invocation of Nehek
Soilwork
In Flames (pre- Reroute to Remain)
Shadows Fall

\m/

AnabolicEngine
10-26-2004, 06:16 PM
hell yea, a metal thread

my favs are

lamb of god
the haunted
devil driver

i also like alot of industrial music (See the industrial thread)...my favs are

Skinny Puppy
Front Line Assembly
Gridlock
Evil's Toy

Skrape
10-26-2004, 07:34 PM
I like colony, embody the invisible is my favorite in flames song

Whoracle :mad:

:)

Btw, I'm also a fan of Arch Enemy and Soilwork.

Stand Ablaze
10-26-2004, 07:45 PM
I enjoyed Soundtrack. Granted it's nothing on Reroute, Colony, Clayman, Jester Race, Lunar Strain, or Whoracle (not in order either), but I thought it was different from what every other band is doing out there.

Either way, Iron Maiden > Almost everything.

MetaPhysical
10-26-2004, 10:56 PM
In Flames started to go to **** after clayman.

Don't get me wrong... they are my favourite band, but I have to agree with the original post... STYE is just terrible in comparison to albums like The Jester Race, Whoracle, and Colony. I really hope they realize that this expermentation with a more nu metalish sound is just killing off thier original fan base, and that they should return to the good old days when they were death metal gods.

*edit*

There is some redeeming value in the song F(r)iend, however, since it sounds more like something that may have come from clayman.

str8flexed
10-26-2004, 11:06 PM
Dope
40 Below Summer
Static-X
Flaw
Adema
Disturbed
Sevendust
Twisted Method
Mushroomhead
Spineshank
Hatebreed
Metallica
Soil
Taproot
Shinedown (not really metal, but hard rock)
Chimera

timbo81
10-27-2004, 12:08 AM
pantera are the best metal band ever.

:D

I think I like them even more than metallica now.

Tim
10-27-2004, 05:39 AM
Of course the new In Flames sucks ass. It is only natural, after In Flames released that abortion of a CD Reroute to Remain. Hell, I even think that Clayman sucked.

Stand Ablaze
10-27-2004, 08:03 AM
I love Reroute :(

HulkHagen
10-27-2004, 08:06 AM

I never much cared for Korn but I didn't think they sucked, I just could take them or leave then and didn't see what all the hype was about. The new Word Up song is awful though, he sounds a lot like Maralyn Manson in that song for some reason too.

goth666
10-27-2004, 08:17 AM
I never much cared for Korn but I didn't think they sucked, I just could take them or leave then and didn't see what all the hype was about. The new Word Up song is awful though, he sounds a lot like Maralyn Manson in that song for some reason too.

lol he does a little bit.

Iron Draggin
10-27-2004, 08:19 AM

I'd take Marilyn Manson over Korn any day. Maybe i'll like the new song ;)

JB20
10-27-2004, 08:20 AM
pantera the best metal band .

pantera,white zombie,slayer,black sabbath

if your like me and dont like rob zombie's solo albums i recommend La Sexorcisto
Devil Music Volume One and Astro creep 2000

HulkHagen
10-27-2004, 08:24 AM
I'd take Marilyn Manson over Korn any day. Maybe i'll like the new song ;)

Yeah I don't mind Manson. Lots of guys I know think he sucks just because of all the stereotypes and all that. I mean I don't listen to him all that much because his style isn't really my cup of tea but I could see why people could get into his music.

goth666
10-27-2004, 08:28 AM
Yeah I don't mind Manson. Lots of guys I know think he sucks just because of all the stereotypes and all that.

he's actually a pretty kool guy. he's ****ing hilarious, too.

HulkHagen
10-27-2004, 08:31 AM
he's actually a pretty kool guy. he's ****ing hilarious, too.

Yeah he's pretty over the top but he seems intelligent and pretty cool during interviews and stuff.

Tim
10-27-2004, 08:50 AM
I love Reroute :(
Really? It's personal taste I guess. Reroute was their first CD that can no longer be considered melodeath. Clayman was watered down melodeath, while Colony was straight Gothenburg melodeath, albeit not as aggressive as its predecessors. I like everything up through Colony, with Lunar Strain/Subterrainean being my favorite. I'm glad that there are still bands around doing what In Flames were doing in their good days.

jimjoneskoolaid
10-27-2004, 01:55 PM
Really? It's personal taste I guess. Reroute was their first CD that can no longer be considered melodeath. Clayman was watered down melodeath, while Colony was straight Gothenburg melodeath, albeit not as aggressive as its predecessors. I like everything up through Colony, with Lunar Strain/Subterrainean being my favorite. I'm glad that there are still bands around doing what In Flames were doing in their good days.
the whole gothenburg thing was great, and that scene will be looked at much the same the NWOBHM is but Im really tired of all the AT THE GATES re hash bands. I got into metal through the hardcore scene so I suppose my perspective is tainted by the huge influx of hardcore bands that started playing riffs from slaughter of the soul, There are tons of them. Im tired of hearing it. I like a lot the cross over metal core bands right now. They have a dinstinctly American sound, and although there are way too many of them as well I prefer them to the 2nd gen rip offs of a style that was done much better by others. I still like arch enemy though.

timbo81
10-27-2004, 02:15 PM
Yeah I don't mind Manson. Lots of guys I know think he sucks just because of all the stereotypes and all that. I mean I don't listen to him all that much because his style isn't really my cup of tea but I could see why people could get into his music.

yeah I don't mind his songs, quite heavy.

I just don't buy his stuff cause personally I think the guy is a living freak.

Iron Draggin
10-27-2004, 02:46 PM
yeah I don't mind his songs, quite heavy.

I just don't buy his stuff cause personally I think the guy is a living freak.

See I don't mind the freak thing :)

Besides it mostly just a shock act like Gwar used to do. In person (interviews) the guy seems pretty reasonable.

I like Alice Coopers response when asked his thoughts about Marilyn. "Yeah a guy in makeup with a girls name, very original."

goth666
10-27-2004, 05:12 PM
I like Alice Coopers response when asked his thoughts about Marilyn. "Yeah a guy in makeup with a girls name, very original."

LMAO

Shagrath
10-28-2004, 05:46 AM
I haven't really warmed to In Flames last two albums, agree that EMBODY the INVISIBLE is their best song, the epic riffs send shivers down my spine. I disagree that Clayman sucks though, that album is excellent.

the nice monste
10-31-2004, 05:12 AM
I enjoyed the Glayman album to a certain extent...

So guys what are your top 5 metal bands?

1. Iron Maiden
2. Metallica (80s)
3. Black Sabbath
4. Queensr˙che
5. Judas Priest