PDA

View Full Version : Questions for Emohawkus or anyone with the following:

Blue Blazer
06-10-2007, 09:02 AM
Hey emohawkus or anyone else who has/made the following equipment.
I'm interested in buying the following:
-Shrug bar
-Safetty squat bar
-T bar row handle and brackets
-Kettlebells or kettlebell handles

Now heres my questions:

1. Should I buy a shrug cage or get one welded (how much to weld one)?
2. Should I buy a safety squat bar or continue with a normal bar?
3. Is it worth dishing out cash for this setup or should I just do normal deads or could I even get one welded as well?
4. Kettlebells, should I buy a few? or buy a handle, or get a handle welded?

Thanks for all your help emo and everyone else

Newbydubie
06-10-2007, 10:03 AM
I'll need some time for this one......http://www.Photo-Host.org/img/136318mwtmncolumbo5_697.jpg (http://www.Photo-Host.org)

Emohawkus
06-10-2007, 10:08 AM
Unless you weld yourself I'd just buy one jesupgym has one for $100 I think, I got it from them a couple of months ago, by the time you buy the steel needed and pay some one to weld it its going to be close.

I've never used a sefty squat bar, I think you'll be fine if you have a power rack

I love the powertec row machine, you can do close, under and over grips

IMO those deadlift/shrug cage bars arn't really needed for deads, I think their great for shrugs, but I like the regular bar deadlifts.

Blue Blazer
06-10-2007, 10:25 AM
Unless you weld yourself I'd just buy one jesupgym has one for $100 I think, I got it from them a couple of months ago, by the time you buy the steel needed and pay some one to weld it its going to be close.

I've never used a sefty squat bar, I think you'll be fine if you have a power rack

I love the powertec row machine, you can do close, under and over grips

IMO those deadlift/shrug cage bars arn't really needed for deads, I think their great for shrugs, but I like the regular bar deadlifts.

Yeah I'll probobly just put some kind of padding on the bar for comfort when I am doing squats...

But is it worth buying a nybb t bar row handle and bracket setup for olympic/standard bar?? or could I just do deadlifts instead of buying that?

Well I was thinking of getting the local welder to make me a shrug bar, he made my weight tree and it cost me 100 bucks cdn...

As for kettlebells, what do you think? buy a few or just buy a handle or even get a handle welded?

KSA
06-10-2007, 11:07 AM
I have a T bar bracket with the lat blaster attachment.
I bought it from Bodysolid. The one from NY barbells is the same system.

I am happy with my purchase. I prefer doing that exercise than barbell rows. It's easier for my lower back.

Blue Blazer
06-10-2007, 12:13 PM

I am happy with my purchase. I prefer doing that exercise than barbell rows. It's easier for my lower back.

Yeah I was going to buy it from bodysolid but right now it would be cheaper for me to get it from nybb, they are selling the brackets for 30 bucks and the handle for 30 and bodysolid is selling the brackets for 80 and the handle for 80...a little steep...

KSA
06-10-2007, 12:51 PM
http://fitnessfactory.com/Item.aspx?ItemID=269

Brother Steel
06-10-2007, 02:12 PM

Joey,

I second what KSA said. I also have the Body Solid T Row bar bracket and blaster attachment. I love mine. I alternate between T Bar rows and sitting isolated back rows on a machine for my back development.

B. Steel