PDA

View Full Version : rack deadlifts

Buff_Daddy
07-22-2004, 05:31 AM
hey Derek, just wondering where exactly you should place the safety bars in relation to your body.... i just started these and the bars were around the level of my kneecap... just wondering if this was right... and any tips on form? ... should the bar always drop on the racks after each rep?

thanx bro

sword chucks
07-22-2004, 05:34 AM
Do them from knee level. Don't bounce the bar on the racks, but a light tap is okay. A "touch and go".

Buff_Daddy
07-22-2004, 05:46 AM
Originally posted by sword chucks
Do them from knee level. Don't bounce the bar on the racks, but a light tap is okay. A "touch and go".

thanx ... also, do you just bend at hip, leaning forward and pulling the weight up (similar to shortened sldl) or do you bend the knees and straighten them as you pull up (which is how i did them) ?

Beast
07-22-2004, 06:52 AM
I do them right under the knee cap. This is basically the top half of a regular deadlift, so do it does as you would a regular deadlift and not like a stiff leg deadlift. Hope so helps.

ils_kupcha
08-14-2004, 04:16 PM
am confused as to what rack deads are.

only the top part of the DL using the safety bars in a power rack as a resting point?

gympunk
08-15-2004, 09:45 AM
I do them w/the bar about 8" above my knees & always call them rack shrugs?!

MattyG
09-14-2004, 02:33 AM
am confused as to what rack deads are.

only the top part of the DL using the safety bars in a power rack as a resting point?

yep.
As the others said above, set the pins ~ knee height, and lift as if you were doing a normal deadlift, only starting from the 1/2 way mark, i.e. mostly back.
Allows you to hoist more weight than normal deads, which blasts the back, traps and forearms, when used sparingly.