PDA

View Full Version : Alright 15 days out

Akers1021
07-09-2004, 07:20 AM
Ok guys 15 days out here is whats going on:
Weight 160 today, waist 28.5" BF 7.45%
Pre Workout- 4 egg whites, 1 whole egg thats it, Animal Cuts, 3 CLA's, 5 grams of Glutamine, 2 grams Arginine
Sessions are 1 hour to 1 hour 10 min lifting, 1 hour cardio
Post workout: 40 grams whey, 10 grams of Glutamine, 2 grams Arginine, 1.5 cups Oatmeal. All carbs are complex here on out...
3 hours later: 8 ounces Plain Grilled Chicken, 1 cup of Broccoli
3 hours later: 40 grams of Whey, 1 ounce of either Almonds or unsalted Peanuts
3 hours later: 8 ounces Plain Grilled Chicken, 1 cup Broccoli
After work 30 minute cardio session
3 hours later: 8 ounces of Plain Grilled Chicken, 1 cup Broccoli, 3 grams Fish oils, 3 grams of Flax oil, Multi, E, C 5 grams of Glutamine, 2 grams of Arginine. Then bed...

I am VERY suprised even with no pre workout carbs i seem to have a a lot in the gym, I am not running out of steam like i thought i would. I will keep you guys posted on whats going on.

I do one last question on Diuretic's. When i load carbs and drop water I am going to be taking Dandeloin and Uva Ursi. Have any of you guys used these before? I have been in the supplement industry for 5 yearss, but I have never cut for a show before and not sure how many mg's of each to take. Anybody who has tried or knows anybody that has used them with good results let me know how many mg's they took, thanks a lot!

Jason
ISSA/IFA Certified

-RD-
07-09-2004, 12:24 PM
how are ya,I know nothing about the supplements you asked about,but i was curious about a few things since it
s also my first show,do you take in complex carbs after every weight training session and why the fat intake after cardio? i thought it was bad yo take in fat(even good fat) after weights or cardio.....just curious ,......thanks bro

Rich

Brohem
07-10-2004, 08:32 PM
If you're trying to lose a bit more bf before your show, which if you are at 7.5% 2 weeks out, you should be, you might want to try splitting up your 1.5 cups of oats that you have after your workout so that you have 3/4 cup before, and then 3/4 cup after your workout. That way you will burn up those carbs in your weight training. I'd do this for two days, then skip the oats all together for the next two days. Then back on and back off and so on, every two days. You should accelerate your fat loss for the last couple weeks this way. Plus, if you are going to carb up anyways before your show, you don't have to worry about flattening out. But this should give your fat burn a little jolt. Just keep up on the protien and essential fats on your no carb days. Hope this helps.

-RD-
07-10-2004, 11:37 PM
thanks bro,good answer,thats similar to what i'm going to try except i will have a 2 day of carb pre and post workout since i train 2 on 1 off...thanks again....

Akers1021
07-11-2004, 06:09 AM
Brohem thats actually what I was gonna try at first, I will give that a whirl my next 2 sessions and see what happens... This morning:
Weight- 159.5

Legs, abs and cardio today went well, ended it off with Stiff Legged deads, good workout today...

Anyways I am off to work, Later

Jason
ISSA/IFA Certified

CuttingEdge
07-11-2004, 09:15 AM
I'm right there with you, Jason. We'll make it!

Akers1021
07-11-2004, 05:33 PM
Countdown to d-day this Friday Dan....

Jason
ISSA/IFA Certified

Akers1021
07-12-2004, 05:41 AM
Good day today, woke up at 4:45 was at the gym by 5:20.
Chest, bi's and hit some delts today too... 1 hour cardio session. I am focusing on hitting the parts i believe that need more attention. Still feeling great, tomorrow going Keto, off day, well except for cardio in the morning when i get up... Later guys off to work

Jason
ISSA/IFA Certified

Akers1021
07-13-2004, 05:41 AM
Brohem thanks for the advice on the carbs, I tried it yesterday and the day went well. Today is Keto. I do a 2 day lift , cardio and then rest(well cardio and abs) day. I will go keto on the "rest" day and do half before half after routine and see what happens by Sat. I will be one week out then. Man No carbs sucks :)

Jason
ISSA/IFA Certified

EnYgMa
07-13-2004, 03:27 PM
Best of luck!!!

I'm right behind you at 15 weeks to go!!

Akers1021
07-21-2004, 05:05 AM
4 days out!!

Feeling great about what I am seeing!

This morning was my last day in the gym, pre judge is Sat morn.

Weight this morning 157.5, Waist 28" BF was done today, 6.4, not as lean as i would have liked to get but, i busted my ass and did my best. Today is 0 Sodium and KETO, tomorrow starts carbs, wish me luck guys!

Jason
ISSA/IFA Certified

B-BOY
07-21-2004, 05:30 AM
what show are you doing????

-RD-
07-21-2004, 02:55 PM
good luck bro,kick some ass.....

RD

Akers1021
07-21-2004, 07:59 PM
Battle of the Smokies

July 24th 6 pm Bearden High School here in Knoxville.

Man KETO has kicked my ass guys I cannnot wait to start carbing up...

Jason
ISSA/IFA Certified

EnYgMa
07-23-2004, 08:56 AM
Go for it, bro!!!

You're almost there!!