PDA

View Full Version : need some ideas bigcat..

mattabull
10-23-2001, 04:11 AM
as you probably already know i am in australia.. unfortunately prohormones are banned here. i was speaking to a guy on bb.com, he said chances are they will make it here(descreet packaging etc) but the problem is the price by the time you convert the dollar and shipping costs. a bottle of zma ends up costing $58. i am interested in 1ad and was wondering if you ( or anyone else) had any ideas on where to get it a bit cheaper???

D&G
10-23-2001, 04:19 AM
You should be able to pick up ZMA anywhere its just vitamins and minerals there is no need to order it from the states.

1-AD is quite new and in high demand I don't think you can get it in any other countries, prohormones are legal here in England but I have never seen it for sale anywhere, I have never seen any Ergopharm stuff here at all.

I think if you are buying several items the shipping should not be too bad but ordering anything that isn't light and small is out of the question.

mattabull
10-23-2001, 04:35 AM
believe it or not, its cheaper to get it from the us. zma that is. i priced it at a few different places here and the price is about $10 more than bb.com. for that matter i have found most supps here to be a rip off in general.

D&G
10-23-2001, 05:04 AM
The exchange rate is about 1 = $1.50 and the price of stuff in England is usually the same in as the US is in $ so seomthing will cost me 10 and in the US $10 which is a big difference.
It probably is cheaper to get stuff from here but shipping is expensive and inconvenient - customs can get hold of it and confiscate stuff (which is unlikely) I have never bought any supps from the US as I don't use many - shipping protein powders would cost a fortune.

Maybe you should make a bulk purchase from bb.com for all your tabs and hopefully the shipping costs will not be too bad. I have heard good things about people buying from here - they label the package as caffeine or something so that customs won't chek it.

Good Luck

Big Cat
10-23-2001, 08:02 AM
Usually stuff does get through yeah, I always get my prohormones and stuff, the only time it doesn't seem to get through is when I order larger stuff like Nlarge or whey protein or whatever. So I wouldn't advise buying large stuff from here anyway.

You won't find much cheaper on 1AD. I've heard there are 1 or 2 sites that sell it for 2-3 bucks cheaper per bottle, but it gets added in again in the shipping cost, so this is as good as it gets. Extremely expensive, considering you need like 6 bottles or more for a proper 600-900 mg a day cycle.

I don't understand your converting problem. You could pay by credit card. the cost is the same, since its the same place. 45 bucks a bottle plus shipping. Its not because the currency is different that the cost is any different. I mean in Belgian franks I pay like 2025 franks for a bottle, but the price is still the same. Just like buying a bottle of ZMA is still 17 bucks, in no matter what currency.

mattabull
10-23-2001, 03:33 PM
the problem with conversion is that the aussie dollar is worth about 50c us, sometimes a little less. so when i pay by credit card this is taken into account. say a bottle is $20 on bb.com and shipping is roughly $10-$12, you can basically double that. even though dollar for dollar aussies earn 25% more weekyon average.

Big Cat
10-23-2001, 03:36 PM
On a credit card you would be charged 30-32 US dollar or twice that Australian, or if you will 1350 Belgian franks, but the ultimate value, the amount you lose, is still the same.

Original Poster
10-24-2001, 12:01 PM
Big Cat,
Your choice of words in the last post might have been selected better. (hehe)

"the amount you lose, is still the same"

Wouldn't it be better to state the amount it "Costs" is still the same.

Especially the way some people feel about supps in general.

Just thought your choice of word were funny.

Mattabull,
BIG CAT IS RIGHT. Unless you can get it in your own country, you pay what you pay reguardless of the currency. But it may be cheaper to buy from one country rather than some others.

That's my take on this discussion.

Chi_town.

Big Cat
10-24-2001, 02:57 PM
"the amount you lose, is still the same"

Wouldn't it be better to state the amount it "Costs" is still the same.

Its my belief that any time you spend money, you lose. Nothing derogatory towards supps intended :)

mattabull
10-24-2001, 07:18 PM
yeah, i have a firm grasp on how currency works. it just pisses me off that here things (bb supps etc) seem to be an outrageous price compared to the us. even the products made here are on par with what you pay getting it from the us. for example i was quoted the other day on zma for $69! for gods sake its just a bit of zinc and mag, plus a couple other unmentionables. i would say they are buying it from the us in bulk and adding their profit on top of that. when you here someone say "i got a bottle in walmart for $10" it has a tendancy to piss me off. anyway... what can you do...

milkman
10-25-2001, 12:47 AM
Hey im from australia to.
I got zma for 50$ which isnt to bad.

Try
bpg.net.au

mattabull
10-25-2001, 12:53 AM
yeah, sounds like the go. thanx man.

mattabull
10-25-2001, 01:01 AM
i just checked it out. the total from bb.com was $58 for eas brand 240 caps. on bpg they are $64. anyway, thanx for the info. at least now i can get my hands on nlarge2.

milkman
10-25-2001, 01:03 AM
Why do you want eas ?
I use prolab zma and it works great i don't touch eas there prices in aus are an outrage .