Serving Size: 2 capsules
Servings Per Container: 45
Ingredient Amt Per Serving % DV

Vitamin B-6 (as Pyridoxine HCI) 7mg 350%

Magnesium (as Magnesium Aspartate) 300mg 75%

Zinc (as Zinc I-Monomethionine, Zinc Aspartate) 20mg 133%

Other Ingredients:
Magnesium Stearate and Gelatin.

Should i take 3 caps instead to make it 11, 450, 30 .

Why does zma need to be taken at night?
How long after my 2nd last meal should it be taken ?
How long before my last meal should it be taken ?

Kutulus
10-23-2001, 03:09 PM
take 2 capsules/tablets... 30 min or so before bed...

don't worry about meals...

it says to take them on an empty stomach but if ur bulking this isn't possible... so just take them 30 min before bed...

Jay
10-23-2001, 03:11 PM
what does that stuff do for you is it just some vitamins or some other kind of amino acid?

Kutulus
10-23-2001, 03:17 PM
its zinc, magnesium, and something else...

it is a natural testosterone boosting complex, because when u work out alot, ur body depletes zinc and magnesium...

when u take ZMA, u make up for this deficency and it causes a pretty substantial boost in natural testosterone production, so it is completley safe to take...

and it totally increases ur sex drive...

AsianInvasion
10-23-2001, 10:17 PM
U know ZMA does not work if ur already taking ur multivitamins and sleeping good right? Its just another way to get you to spend ur money. Its exactly like boron or chronium picolante. Only works if ur really deficient. u shouldnt be if ur eating rightand tkaing ur multis. Dont fall for the supplement bullcrap

BiG RED HH
10-24-2001, 12:57 PM
ZMA only works if you are deficient in zinc. Chances are if you workout, and dont take a zinc supplement that you are.

"But what about the zinc in my multi?" This doesn't count. Zinc and magnesium aren't absorbed in the presence of calcium. All multi's contain calcium as fillers.

Since you are bulking, you won't have an empty stomach. Here's what i do. Leave beside your bedside the capsules and a glass of water before you go to bed. Set your alarm for the middle of the nite. Roll over, pop the pills, roll back over and go rite back to sleep. The 30 seconds that you are awake wont interrupt your sleep pattern.

Br

AsianInvasion
10-24-2001, 04:42 PM
ZMA is about as effective as Cell-Tech. it is just minerals and vitamins, and i cannot believe the word anabolic is even being used in the same sentance as ZMA. No Big Red im not saying it is completetly worthless, but many ppl tend to think of ZMA as anabolic or strong. It is as strong as the multi vitamin you take in the morning, or the Vitamin C. There is no way minerals/vitamins can compete against hormones or even amino acids.

Kutulus
10-24-2001, 04:59 PM
Originally posted by BiG RED HH
ZMA only works if you are deficient in zinc. Chances are if you workout, and dont take a zinc supplement that you are.

"But what about the zinc in my multi?" This doesn't count. Zinc and magnesium aren't absorbed in the presence of calcium. All multi's contain calcium as fillers.

Since you are bulking, you won't have an empty stomach. Here's what i do. Leave beside your bedside the capsules and a glass of water before you go to bed. Set your alarm for the middle of the nite. Roll over, pop the pills, roll back over and go rite back to sleep. The 30 seconds that you are awake wont interrupt your sleep pattern.

Br

aww br... i dunno about that... it sux to wake up in the middle of the night...

it won't hurt taking it on a fairly full stomach... i still noticed results and i took them 30 min after my before bed meal...

Kutulus
10-24-2001, 05:01 PM
Originally posted by AsianInvasion
ZMA is about as effective as Cell-Tech. it is just minerals and vitamins, and i cannot believe the word anabolic is even being used in the same sentance as ZMA. No Big Red im not saying it is completetly worthless, but many ppl tend to think of ZMA as anabolic or strong. It is as strong as the multi vitamin you take in the morning, or the Vitamin C. There is no way minerals/vitamins can compete against hormones or even amino acids.

it is strong the first week or so you use it... trust me...

i went up like 20-40 lbs in every movement... and i slept really well...

BiG RED HH
10-24-2001, 08:49 PM
As i said before, if you are deficient in the minerals, it will have a strong effect.

Kutulus: I suppose if that meal contained no calcium, it would be fine to take it then, but you must not take it with a meal containing calcium. Egg's and plain oats contain no calcium...but its also pretty bland tasting.

yousuf110
07-17-2008, 07:59 AM
bump

MadBoyNutter
09-23-2009, 11:26 AM
Don't waste your money on ZMA.

Studies have shown that ZMA does not live up to any of its claims.

The studies confirm my personal experience where I've found it didn't have any positive impact on my blood test results for serum testosterone or free testosterone.

Here's a couple of studies regarding ZMA:

1) Effects of Zinc Magnesium Aspartate (ZMA) Supplementation on Training Adaptations and Markers of Anabolism and Catabolism.

[Wilborn CD, Kerksick CM, Campbell BI, Taylor LW, Marcello BM, Rasmussen CJ, Greenwood MC, Almada A, Kreider RB.
Exercise & Sport Nutrition Lab, Baylor University, Waco, TX.]

ABSTRACT : This study examined whether supplementing the diet with a commercial supplement containing zinc magnesium aspartate (ZMA) during training affects zinc and magnesium status, anabolic and catabolic hormone profiles, and/or training adaptations. Forty-two resistance trained males (27 +/- 9 yrs; 178 +/- 8 cm, 85 +/- 15 kg, 18.6 +/- 6% body fat) were matched according to fat free mass and randomly assigned to ingest in a double blind manner either a dextrose placebo (P) or ZMA 30-60 minutes prior to going to sleep during 8-weeks of standardized resistance-training. Subjects completed testing sessions at 0, 4, and 8 weeks that included body composition assessment as determined by dual energy X-ray absorptiometry, 1-RM and muscular endurance tests on the bench and leg press, a Wingate anaerobic power test, and blood analysis to assess anabolic/catabolic status as well as markers of health. Data were analyzed using repeated measures ANOVA. Results indicated that ZMA supplementation non-significantly increased serum zinc levels by 11 - 17% (p = 0.12). However, no significant differences were observed between groups in anabolic or catabolic hormone status, body composition, 1-RM bench press and leg press, upper or lower body muscular endurance, or cycling anaerobic capacity. Results indicate that ZMA supplementation during training does not appear to enhance training adaptations in resistance trained populations.

2) Serum testosterone and urinary excretion of steroid hormone metabolites after administration of a high-dose zinc supplement.

[Koehler K, Parr MK, Geyer H, Mester J, Sch?nzer W.
Institute of Biochemistry, German Research Centre of Elite Sport, German Sport University Cologne, Cologne, Germany.] Eur J Clin Nutr. 2009 Jan;63(1):65-70. Epub 2007 Sep 19

OBJECTIVES: To investigate whether the administration of the zinc-containing nutritional supplement ZMA causes an increase of serum testosterone levels, which is an often claimed effect in advertising for such products; to monitor the urinary excretion of testosterone and selected steroid hormone metabolites to detect potential changes in the excretion patterns of ZMA users. SUBJECTS: Fourteen healthy, regularly exercising men aged 22-33 years with a baseline zinc intake between 11.9 and 23.2 mg day(-1) prior to the study. RESULTS: Supplementation of ZMA significantly increased serum zinc (P=0.031) and urinary zinc excretion (P=0.035). Urinary pH (P=0.011) and urine flow (P=0.045) were also elevated in the subjects using ZMA. No significant changes in serum total and serum free testosterone were observed in response to ZMA use. Also, the urinary excretion pattern of testosterone metabolites was not significantly altered in ZMA users. CONCLUSIONS: The present data suggest that the use of ZMA has no significant effects regarding serum testosterone levels and the metabolism of testosterone in subjects who consume a zinc-sufficient diet.

Aaakie
10-29-2009, 12:22 PM
actually madboynutter, ZMA DOES work. look at what Zinc and Magnesium do independantly. People can either buy ZMA supplements, OR buy separate zinc, magnesium, beta alanine, and vit b, etc.

i read up quite and interesting study, and stated "Testers who used ZMA gained 30% more strength. compared to the testers who were placed on the placebo".

Zinc and Magnesium play a critical role in training. Plain and simple. They are both vital minerals.

IF you disagree, then stop taking a MV, and eating food with magnesium and zinc, then tell me how u feel. :)

JohnB13
10-29-2009, 12:38 PM
actually madboynutter, ZMA DOES work. look at what Zinc and Magnesium do independantly. People can either buy ZMA supplements, OR buy separate zinc, magnesium, beta alanine, and vit b, etc.

i read up quite and interesting study, and stated "Testers who used ZMA gained 30% more strength. compared to the testers who were placed on the placebo".

Zinc and Magnesium play a critical role in training. Plain and simple. They are both vital minerals.

IF you disagree, then stop taking a MV, and eating food with magnesium and zinc, then tell me how u feel. :)

link to study? because I seriously doubt ZMA increased strength 30%... eve if if did in this "study" thats one study. many show that ZMA doesnt do much of anything.. not worth the money if you ask me.

Aaakie
11-01-2009, 01:20 PM
im trying to find that link. will post it as soon as i find it.

ZMA is a testosterone booster. making the body produce more testosterone. testosterone leads to an increase in strength. simple biology.

munro23
11-01-2009, 01:30 PM
ive been taking ZMA for almost a year now, i dont really notice any difference in my workouts, but i sleep a lot better which really helps in recovery, and im horny all the time

iCookie
11-01-2009, 02:47 PM

Lol I bet that study was conducted by the guy behind ZMA. I know there have been several studies been conducted by the makers of ZMA claiming that it worked of course.

Fact is, if you search up stuies on a reliable source like pubmed, instead of some bull**** random internet site, you will find that ZMA has absolutely no effect except in persons with zinc deficiency. And if you take a good multivitamin, zink deficiency will never be a problem.

I still use it though, because I feel it makes me sleep better. And I enjoy the dreams :p

iliketojuggle
01-03-2010, 01:16 PM
I got a book at the library on sports supplements and there were a few studies in there on ZMA supplementation and they did see increased gains in strength levels compared to the placebo group by the participants.. They also had the studies that were posted above, and stated that they would recommend taking ZMA; because it is most likely beneficial or something like that. The main ones they said to take were Conjugated Linoleic Acid, Fish Oil, Creatine Mono, Beta Alanine, & Zma. It said you could try Glutamine, but they weren't sure if it had much significant effect.

brook016
01-06-2010, 09:30 AM
Lol I bet that study was conducted by the guy behind ZMA. I know there have been several studies been conducted by the makers of ZMA claiming that it worked of course.

Fact is, if you search up stuies on a reliable source like pubmed, instead of some bull**** random internet site, you will find that ZMA has absolutely no effect except in persons with zinc deficiency. And if you take a good multivitamin, zink deficiency will never be a problem.

I still use it though, because I feel it makes me sleep better. And I enjoy the dreams :p
ZMA is actually one of the few supplements that is backed up by scientific study. If your expecting a HUGE difference in strength and strength gains you will be disapointed.

Brilla and Conte, MSSE, vol 31, No 5, 1999 was a study conducted on twenty-seven football players at Western Washington University. The study compared twelve players supplementing with ZMA and fifteen players taking a placebo.

placke
01-08-2010, 08:22 AM
Most ZMA say to take it about 30-60 min before bed. It also says not to take with any kind of calcium. I am bulking and i drink a protein shake right before bed. How should i go about this?

tylerb35140
01-08-2010, 09:20 AM
has taking this caused anyone breakouts on their face? i was taking this over christmas break and by the end of it i had a few huge zits... i stopped taking it and it slowly went away, it was either the zma or the junk i was eating during christmas and new years

livetoliftsd
01-08-2010, 09:54 AM
I just got some free by buying some whey protein by ON from this website. Im also curious if it will actually work.

placke
01-08-2010, 12:07 PM
yea i think it does cause breakout. im gonna stop with the zma and just stick to taking a protein shake before bed

iCookie
01-08-2010, 12:35 PM
ZMA is actually one of the few supplements that is backed up by scientific study. If your expecting a HUGE difference in strength and strength gains you will be disapointed.

Brilla and Conte, MSSE, vol 31, No 5, 1999 was a study conducted on twenty-seven football players at Western Washington University. The study compared twelve players supplementing with ZMA and fifteen players taking a placebo.

Exactly. Brilla and CONTE.

Conte is the guy behind ZMA.

/thread.

RobSil
03-25-2010, 02:02 PM
So what is the final answer on ZMA before bed with respect to shakes? I do Casein at night and ZMA. Right now it's supper and snacks until 7PM, ZMA at 9 and Casein at bed (10-ish). Is there a better sequence/order? I dunno about taking it mid-night... I sleep ****ty enough as it is :).

bigmike81
08-11-2010, 09:04 AM
I was wondering if this stuff actually works. I do NOT take a multi. So you think I would get a testo boost from it. I took it last night. AND MY SLEEP WAS AMAZING.

kyle_peterson
08-12-2010, 10:14 AM
U know ZMA does not work if ur already taking ur multivitamins and sleeping good right? Its just another way to get you to spend ur money. Its exactly like boron or chronium picolante. Only works if ur really deficient. u shouldnt be if ur eating rightand tkaing ur multis. Dont fall for the supplement bullcrap
dumbass

RobSil
08-12-2010, 10:22 AM
dumbass

QFT (Quoted for truth).

kyle_peterson
08-12-2010, 10:24 AM
hey jacjass umm guaruntee you dont get the in your diet and if you have it with something else that has minerals than the zinc and magnesium wont absorb..... and zma is the only pill that you can take without food

bigmike81
08-12-2010, 11:26 AM
This stuff works for me at least. Just depends on the person and if you are deficient or not.

greeen53
10-07-2010, 08:45 AM
ive been taking ZMA for almost a year now, i dont really notice any difference in my workouts, but i sleep a lot better which really helps in recovery, and im horny all the time

I have been taking ZMA for about 3 nights now,. and I wake up about every hour or so..feeling like i have rested forever.. i dont wake up angry but deff awkward feeling.. i dont really exprierance anything else.. i do wake up well rested.. but just wanna know why i have had the same hour wake ups almost every night..

Quadzilla99
02-15-2011, 02:16 AM
I have been taking ZMA for about 3 nights now,. and I wake up about every hour or so..feeling like i have rested forever.. i dont wake up angry but deff awkward feeling.. i dont really exprierance anything else.. i do wake up well rested.. but just wanna know why i have had the same hour wake ups almost every night..

Why would anyone trust something put out by Victor Conte? Especially when the only study showing it works was sponsored by Conte and performed by a close friend?