PDA

View Full Version : elbow joints killing me

bigrob80
05-24-2007, 03:55 PM
should i lay off the weights if i have really bad joint pain in my elbows....i cant hardly do heavy dips or tricep pushdowns.....hurts some when i do bench.......what can u do to fix it?

blackrazor
05-24-2007, 06:11 PM
should i lay off the weights if i have really bad joint pain in my elbows....i cant hardly do heavy dips or tricep pushdowns.....hurts some when i do bench.......what can u do to fix it?
First you should consult a doctor. Next you should research a glucosomine supplement for joints. Next try elbow sleeves and finally use lighter weights.

Winger_19
05-24-2007, 07:36 PM
had the same thing happen to me a few years back. I was ovetraining. I find some supps work and other do not. I was on MSM for awile, and felt no difference. I then try a MSM combined with glucosamine, veggies instead of shell fish. It helped out a lot during my college rugby years.

VikingMan
05-24-2007, 07:51 PM
Read this.

O/T: Joint Pain, how to lift pain free (http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=977173)

Long and short of it. Glucosamine sucks. Cissus RX is a damn joint miracle drug. Hydration, Hydration, Hydration... and toss any movements that cause too much pain. Should be able to stick with flat bench. I can't really do dips, skulls, overhead DB triceps extensions. CAN do rope pressdowns.

Yeah. That about covers it.

Alex B.
05-24-2007, 07:54 PM
I get elbow pain if i lock out on push movements too mainly db presses so i just try to go a little short of locking out.