PDA

View Full Version : Birth control pills and weight loss

Asya
05-23-2007, 02:27 PM
I have been taking birth control pills for about 2 months and ofcourse i have gaine some weight. However, now i am worried about weight loss. Will taking birth controll pills reduce my ability to lose weight? What would be the most effective way to lose weight while taking birth controll pills?

kariev34
05-23-2007, 02:55 PM
i have taken different bc pills since 2000 and never experienced weight gain or had trouple losing any. how much weight have you gained? its very possible its just water weight. Mabe you should ask your doc about it and try a different one instead.

anandagirl
05-23-2007, 03:01 PM
I was told by a co-worker it was the birth control pills I was taking that made me gain weight (Seasonale, 4 periods a year!), when I know now (and probably knew then) that it was more about the crap that I put into my mouth every single day. I have lost close to 40 pounds since then and I am smaller/lighter than I was when I started taking Seasonale, and I am still taking it. It can be done! :D

moon girl
05-23-2007, 03:11 PM
I haven't gained any weight since I started taking BC. I don't know what I'd be like off BC though - I started working out / eating healthier after I was on BC.

The most effective way to lose weight is no different than if you weren't on the pill - clean diet, heavy lifting, moderate cardio.

gfundaro
05-23-2007, 03:16 PM
I went off BC for a few extra days because my periods were all out of whack, and then I switched to a lower dose. I lost about 3 lbs of water weight, nothing spectacular. :-) You'll still be able to lose body fat on the pill, I've been on it for many years and can still gain muscle and lose fat.

Asya
05-23-2007, 03:42 PM
Thank you all for your replies!!!! It is nice to hear from people with real experiences) because I have heared some horror stories how birth control pills do not allow you to lose weight afterwards. THANK YOU!!