PDA

View Full Version : Your favorite fighter and why?

Hunterchilla
05-14-2007, 10:44 AM
Mine is wanderlei silva, because his extemely aggressive style, his muy thai skillz, his "look", and his ability to be bad ass in every position.

Zoupa
05-14-2007, 10:50 AM
Randy Couture. Incredibly gifted and seems like a very nice guy. Also because I've been watching him for a very long time.

nuttybl
05-14-2007, 11:02 AM
probably genki sudo before he retired as he had teh dancing skillz
it could be Kid but hes off for the Olympics
so it is probably Gomi as i like his fighting style

bones9401
05-14-2007, 11:05 AM
Matt Hughes because he's cockier than a barnyard rooster and Dan Henderson because he'll fight anybody at any weight (including wanderlei silva who he knocked the f*ck out!!!). In fact, I'd like to see Matt and Dan throwdown...what a scrap that would be.

Wowstrongcut
05-14-2007, 11:15 AM
i really like tito ortiz's ground and pound..

but overall i like joe stevenson the best hopefully he will get his shot at the title after sherk fights hermes..

kingarty
05-14-2007, 11:20 AM
Matt Hughes because he's cockier than a barnyard rooster and Dan Henderson because he'll fight anybody at any weight (including wanderlei silva who he knocked the f*ck out!!!). In fact, I'd like to see Matt and Dan throwdown...what a scrap that would be.

Hughes would get the **** beat out of him. Henderson is just as strong as hughes and his wrestling is just as good, but his standup is years ahead of hughes.

97srad750
05-14-2007, 12:17 PM
Chuck, because I like his unorthodox style. He's a finisher, and he's the anti-Tito. But I also like Rampage, because of his slams and his charisma. I'm really torn for their fight.

sartreroquentin
05-14-2007, 12:30 PM
kazushi sakuraba
this man is the epitome of his various nicknames, especially " the iq wrestler "
not only is he very charismatic and creative with his ring entrances(im not too fond on the whole gimmick like flashy entrances) but he does back it up with strong showings within the ring.
sure he doesnt have the most impressive record but that is due to the fact that hes competed at so many diffrent weight classes, and a few points of his career literally fought with his knees dangling on what little tendons there were.
i am simply amazed by the whole catch wrestling/submission wresting style he embodies. The idea of sacrificing himself to eating a clean strike and then to catch that into a takedown or counter... he is simply amazing.
I was amazed at the fight he had against rampage, rampage overpowered him in every aspect of the fight but the outcome was always technique over brute strength.
Hes lost to wand in brutal fashion a few times but he ended up joining chute box to correct what mistakes he made instead of developing an idiotic rivalry.

he truly is the greatest

JesusTookMyBike
05-14-2007, 12:45 PM
Fedor.

He's such a great, calm, fighter. I also very much like his fighting style.

Take a look at him in the ring, He doesn't ever act like an idiot. Never talks **** outside the ring. Seems like a really down to earth guy in interviews.

He's my idol.

eating crayons
05-14-2007, 12:56 PM
Don Frye or Randy Couture.

both are just badass

Resolution
05-14-2007, 12:59 PM
Bas Rutten

Technical god and fights with his brain aswell as his fists. Also i love his 7 disk dvd boxset on fighting lol!

Mindripper
05-14-2007, 12:59 PM
Fedor.

Take a look at him in the ring, He doesn't ever act like an idiot. Never talks **** outside the ring. Seems like a really down to earth guy in interviews.

He's my idol.

QFT. I'll go with the man. ;)

RelentlessChaos
05-14-2007, 01:07 PM
i really like tito ortiz's ground and pound..

but overall i like joe stevenson the best hopefully he will get his shot at the title after sherk fights hermes..

Hes banned. But i did like tito a lot also. And joe stevenson.

haha.

I really like chuck, and randy. Then for the lesser known, it would be Stevenson.

Deja_Entendu
05-14-2007, 01:08 PM
I'm a big fan of Anderson Silva. Honestly I never really followed the guy until he crushed Chris Leben, and even after that fight I didn't think he deserved a fight against Rich Franklin. At the moment the 185 pound division in the UFC is a little weak and he put some life into it. I think some flaws in his game got exposed by all people Travis Lutter, but he pulled through and still remains the champ. I would really like to see Dan Henderson fight Anderson "The Real Spider" Silva

AaronC
05-14-2007, 01:10 PM
kazushi sakuraba
this man is the epitome of his various nicknames, especially " the iq wrestler "
not only is he very charismatic and creative with his ring entrances(im not too fond on the whole gimmick like flashy entrances) but he does back it up with strong showings within the ring.
sure he doesnt have the most impressive record but that is due to the fact that hes competed at so many diffrent weight classes, and a few points of his career literally fought with his knees dangling on what little tendons there were.
i am simply amazed by the whole catch wrestling/submission wresting style he embodies. The idea of sacrificing himself to eating a clean strike and then to catch that into a takedown or counter... he is simply amazing.
I was amazed at the fight he had against rampage, rampage overpowered him in every aspect of the fight but the outcome was always technique over brute strength.
Hes lost to wand in brutal fashion a few times but he ended up joining chute box to correct what mistakes he made instead of developing an idiotic rivalry.

he truly is the greatest
Yup. Him and Jon Fitch. Fitch is a beast, has great work ethic, classy, humble and an all around nice guy (read some of his interviews).

patr10t
05-14-2007, 01:15 PM
Chuck Liddell - Great sprawl, awesome power, calm under fire, and best counter punching in the business.

Karo Parisian - Heart for days.

Randy Couture - Amazed at what he can accomplish and how he performs at his age.

sartreroquentin
05-14-2007, 01:34 PM
Yup. Him and Jon Fitch. Fitch is a beast, has great work ethic, classy, humble and an all around nice guy (read some of his interviews).

great to know that someone here agrees with me
saku is a very overlooked fighter

badasszach
05-14-2007, 04:24 PM
Bas Rutten

Technical god and fights with his brain aswell as his fists. Also i love his 7 disk dvd boxset on fighting lol!

agreed! hells ya

Reservoir Dog
05-14-2007, 04:27 PM
butterbean because he's a local guy and he hits harder than pretty much anyone. you stand and trade with the bean its lights out.

lacey23
05-14-2007, 04:29 PM
I don;t watch a ton of MMA but I'de say Wanderlei Silva. Mostly because of his fight with rampage when he kneed him 15-20 times in the face, and the staredown. Exciting fighter

bluzman259
05-14-2007, 04:47 PM
I always enjoyed watching Royce Gracie back in the day.

The Protagonist
05-14-2007, 04:52 PM
I'm going to go on a limb here and say Georges St. Pierre. My other choices would have been Cro Cop and Rampage Jackson. But I will give it to GSP because he is a rising star. Yes, he lost to Serra, but if the fight were to happen again which it no doubt will, I will again put my money on GSP. He beat Hughes with straight up technical skill, and he is a class act. He's also pretty athletic, granted he isn't slamming people down Rampage style, but dude made a spinning backflip off the ground after he beat Hughes.

plus he put out some pretty badass Kyokushin Karate moves in his fights

mackinmack
05-14-2007, 05:33 PM
Fedor.

He's my idol.

x2

MenTaLPiRacY
05-14-2007, 05:36 PM
Crocop.. hes the one who made up my mind on joining Kickboxing.

neowings
05-14-2007, 05:47 PM
Fedor.

He's my idol.

x2

izzm
05-14-2007, 05:57 PM
Karo Parisyan. One of the most talented fighters out there. And every fight he is in is exciting. He constantly fights quality opponents and the guy brings it every time.

likeke34
05-14-2007, 05:58 PM
I have 2 favs, Penn and Machida

Penn because he brings it at every single weight class and although he lost his last few i personally believe the better fighter doesn't always win plus it helps that he's a fellow Hawaiian and as a fan I'll always root for someone i can relate too in some way like most everyone else...

Machida because he's the first traditional Karate crossover i've seen, but i'm worried that if he gets caught square he might not be able to take it since i have yet to see his chin tested by someone with a 1 punch KO... I also think he's kind of crazy for using certain karate techniques like his Ashi Barai against penn or the front hand jab parry kyakuzuki against heath, i mean they work in tournaments but personally i wouldn't use it in an mma match...

But hey, it's been working for him so far, so wtf do i know lol

Mark_ey
05-14-2007, 06:12 PM
Wanderlei Silva has a heart of a lion, puts it all out on the line, fights to the death if need be, a true warrior

Fedor as well, smart fighter always adjusting his game plan very well rounded and has excellent hand speed

steve39
05-14-2007, 06:18 PM
wanderlei - aggressive and like his style. i always watch his fights
serra - love his style, rising star ( knew he would beat GSP) and he's local to me

thephoenix
05-14-2007, 07:17 PM
GSP, he is a well rounded fighter, he's always exciting to watch but what I really like about him is he's such a nice guy, extremely grounded, and really great for MMA.

likeke34
05-14-2007, 08:15 PM
GSP, he is a well rounded fighter, he's always exciting to watch but what I really like about him is he's such a nice guy, extremely grounded, and really great for MMA.

agreed... i really like the fact that he displays humility and discipline which is some of the main things i always believed martial arts should teach...

DarinK
05-14-2007, 08:37 PM
Favorite MMA fighter: Anderson Silva.
Favorite K1 fighter: 1. Glaube Feitosa, 2. Mr. Perfect(retired).
Favorite Submission Grappler: Marcello Garcia.

AaronC
05-14-2007, 10:27 PM
http://youtube.com/watch?v=zyYdXNAh-jg

gr8fubar420
05-15-2007, 08:20 AM
Wanderlei Silva has a heart of a lion, puts it all out on the line, fights to the death if need be, a true warrior

Fedor as well, smart fighter always adjusting his game plan very well rounded and has excellent hand speed

well said.

Spuddy
05-15-2007, 09:19 AM
mma- Randy Couture and GSP. both very humble, and very smart, technical fighters

boxing- billy conn (love the footwork), mike tyson (uppercut what?), and cassius clay (i like ali better before the name change)

97srad750
05-15-2007, 10:07 AM

Yeah it's pretty hard to root against him.

YeaILift
05-15-2007, 10:09 AM
Tim Sylvia cuz he always keeps up the pace and will accept nothing less than a action packed fight.

BlackRadio
05-15-2007, 01:46 PM
Tim Sylvia cuz he always keeps up the pace and will accept nothing less than a action packed fight.

Hahaha.

guest89
05-15-2007, 03:26 PM
Igor. Inspiration, gives hope to shorter men.

MisterChase
05-15-2007, 05:12 PM
Fedor. Because he epitomizes the passion for excellence - for its own sake. He takes genuine, selfish pride in doing his own best, and actually does the hard work it takes to be his best. He's calm, perfectionist and impersonal. He is FEDOR. That's why.

http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c365/LJNance/Fedor-1.jpg

CJJ
05-15-2007, 05:25 PM
Then - Ken Shamrock ( extremly aggressive and explosive)
Now - Randy Couture (Is a model of how a fighter should train act and mentaly prepare)
Future - GSP (will be the most rounded fighter alive i think *opinion*)

kingleonidis
05-15-2007, 05:57 PM
k. shamrock and d. frye cause theyre mean and show that you should'nt mess with old guys

brian3
05-15-2007, 06:54 PM
Randy Couture and GSP. Both seem to be really down to earth and well rounded people in general, and both are extremely dedicated and great fighters.

younggunz20
05-15-2007, 07:26 PM
Fedor-Because he is hands down the best fighter in the world. I also really like him because of his demeanor. He stays very calm at all times, doesn't talk ****, takes care of business, and is basically the ultimate PROFESSIONAL.

Anderson Silva-Because he is ONE BAD ASS STRIKER!

NINEZeRO
05-15-2007, 07:40 PM
There are so many class act greats in MMA, I can't chose one, but here are the ones I admire (like most):

Fedor
Cro Cop
Randy Coutoure
GSP
Serra (after his win over GSP showed great class)
Wanderlei
Anderson (I just like his skills and style)
Arlovski (Same, not the nicest dude but so much skill)
Sherk (Cuz he's short like me but dominates)
Joe Lauzon
Shogun (another class act great)
just to name a few, this is why MMA is the best sport, so many great athletes that are great people too.

BigRagu
05-15-2007, 07:52 PM
dragonfly jones !!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JfSTvjYEo8k&mode=related&search=

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XyUsriiXUEs&mode=related&search=

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tLcD75NO7w8

sloboda
05-15-2007, 08:31 PM
serra =] LI REP

FaceThePain
05-16-2007, 06:12 PM
Fedor.

Why?
Not because he's #1, but because he's emotionless.
He seems to have the same facial expression at all times, he's not really built so he looks like an average guy, but he has extreme heart.

Murrayjb
05-16-2007, 07:05 PM
CRO COP. For sure.... hes a little bit of a mental midget at times (randleman, gonzaga) But when hes 100%.....man....hes devistating. Exciting as hell too